Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

jibber5000 wrote: »
    Surely that's the end of any mail in ballot arguments? If they were able to create hundreds of thousands of new identity's to dupe Trumps people into thinking there were 1 million actual applications, why couldn't they do the same in November?

Do you really assume that the mail in ballot process is as flimsy as online requests for free tickets to a rally?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SDNY seems to have gotten away with it for now. Trump denied firing him and last night, Berman resigned, leaving his deputy in place. His deputy has been looking after the a lot of the cases involving Trump, his campaign, his buddies and Deutsche Bank.

The attempted removal itself was handled very poorly and seems to have backfired.

i'm still curious as to what investigation sparked this attempt to fire the SDNY AG. trump and his cohort are more worried about state charges than federal charges because trump cannot pardon anybody for state charges. If (hopefully when) trump loses in november he will spend the rest of his term writing pardons for all and sundry. pardons only good for federal crimes though. There is a wild theory i heard that Trump will resign if he loses in november. that will leave pence free to issues a pardon for trump. there is some doubt whether trump is able to pardon himself. resigning and letting pence pardon him gets around that.

i'm still curious as to what investigation sparked this attempt to fire the SDNY AG. trump and his cohort are more worried about state charges than federal charges because trump cannot pardon anybody for state charges. If (hopefully when) trump loses in november he will spend the rest of his term writing pardons for all and sundry. pardons only good for federal crimes though. There is a wild theory i heard that Trump will resign if he loses in november. that will leave pence free to issues a pardon for trump. there is some doubt whether trump is able to pardon himself. resigning and letting pence pardon him gets around that.

SDNY stands ready to indict him at the least for conspiracies related to the crimes that got Cohen convicted. The move signals he’s worried he won’t win in November, which is compounded by investigation ongoing into Giuliani, Trumps faithful associate, who if indicted before November could spell doom for his campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's hard to know what was freaking him out with this move. There's a lot that we know of to choose from or it could be something that hasn't been reported yet. At a minimum, we know that he is an unindicted co-conspirator it the same crime that has Cohen in jail thanks to the SDNY. I have a feeling that Barr wanted to pull the same nonsense that he pulled in the Flynn case with that one and most likely others.

The theory that he'll resign for pardons isn't really that wild. Trump isn't exactly the sort to stick to convention and he certainly won't do it if it leaves him open to prosecution. Resigning for pardons would be his only option here in my opinion.

Regarding such a pardon, I don't know how that would work exactly. Would Pence need to list out all the stuff that he engaged in or could he just say "pardoned for everything, known and not yet uncovered". Could federal charges wait until after Biden is sworn in? I know that the pardon power is quite strong but I don't know if it can provide a blanket immunity from crimes that are unknown, let alone not yet charged.

Like you said, that's only good for the federal stuff anyway and not the state stuff so I'm not sure what he can do to make those go away. It'll definitely be interesting watching those three months should he lose in November.

Overheal wrote: »
    SDNY stands ready to indict him at the least for conspiracies related to the crimes that got Cohen convicted. The move signals he’s worried he won’t win in November, which is compounded by investigation ongoing into Giuliani, Trumps faithful associate, who if indicted before November could spell doom for his campaign.

That one is the most likely as it's basically a certainty that he will be indicted without interference. I still wouldn't be surprised if there weren't others that we don't know about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

eagle eye wrote: »
    You guys have fun with your microscope inspection of everything.
    Don't ever consider that covid-19 is behind the small crowd.
    This thread is just full of Trump haters now. Enough posts reported to rid the place of the Trump supporters that made it slightly interesting. Notobtuse is badly missed.
    I don't really care who wins the election as the Democrats have become a horrible party too. I've always despised the Republican party but I see little difference between them now.
    Anyways that's it from me.

I'm done with the thread.
    You really are hilarious the way you're always backseat modding/demanding retractions/respect/thinking anyone gives a flying feck about your deluded opinions, then hilariously claiming you hate Trump and the Republicans while defending them across 10 different threads night and day, you're as pompous as the man himself.

Oh Jesus.

Parscale was fiercely proud of the data mining happening from 1 million signups for the rally, too

https://twitter.com/biden_brigade/status/1274671044989800449?s=21

Oh Jesus.

Parscale was fiercely proud of the data mining happening from 1 million signups for the rally, too

The best people. Best people, believe me.

I wonder if Parscale will soon be one of those "losers" who "begged like a dog" for his job that Trump keeps hiring?

EDIT:

On a lighter note (whether it's true or not is beside the point):

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1274533407561789440

Trump looks absolutely disheveled after that fiasco

https://twitter.com/sethn12/status/1274697079164743682?s=21

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He looks like a broken man

• Advertisement

Huge dump of police files just occurred on Friday #BlueLeak

https://twitter.com/ddosecrets/status/1274116504058019840?s=21

Low energy you might say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,688 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Jasus that clip really is sloppy low energy from trump

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As they say in cork he looks bet to the ropes

I think that is the first time i have seen him with his tie undone.

Seriously the Dems should just do Ads looping that clip of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,598 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So... #IMPOTUS loses in November. Then resigns beginning of December. Pence caretaker (and GOP finger-crossing about SCOTUS openings due to age, whatever). Pence continues to push judgeships through as best he can.

#IMPOTUS pardoned late in the year/Jan 2021. Someone like Cotten or Haley as caretaker VP under Pence so they can eventually be addressed as Vice President <blah> in the 2024 debate.

Anyway, that's my opinion on how it looks today. It's still only June 21st and it's a lifetime till the election.

Trump has only tweeted once since the rally ended and that just said Happy Fathers Day. is that a new record low for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Seriously the Dems should just do Ads looping that clip of him.

The Lincoln project has been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trump got trolled, and it's hilarious.

Trolled by a Tik Tok grandmother in Iowa and thousands of Korean K Pop fans it seems
    President Donald Trump says almost 1 million people had requested tickets to attend his upcoming rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma. But some who have registered for the free event, which is scheduled to take place at a nearly 20,000 seat auditorium next week, say they have no plans to attend.

They're trying to troll the President's campaign instead. Mary Jo Laupp, a 51-year-old grandmother living in Fort Dodge, Iowa, appears to have helped led the charge on TikTok late last week when she posted a video encouraging people to go to Trump's website, register to attend the event -- and then not show up.
    "All of those of us that want to see this 19,000 seat auditorium barely filled or completely empty go reserve tickets now and leave him standing alone there on the stage," Laupp told her then-1,000 or so followers on TikTok, normally thought of a platform for dancing teenagers and not, necessarily, political action.

Her idea prompted multiple other TikTok users to post similar videos calling on their followers to do the same -- visit the website, register for the event, fail to show up. One video, with more than a quarter of a million views, called on fans of South Korean pop music in particular to join the trolling campaign. Fans of the music, which is known as K-pop, are a force on social media -- they posted over six billion tweets last year alone. And they have a history of taking action for social justice causes.

Earlier this month K-pop fans rallied around the Black Lives Matter movement, drowning out "White Lives Matter" and other anti-black hashtags.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/16/politics/tiktok-trump-tulsa-rally-trnd/index.html
    da_miser wrote: »
    They know Biden is a dead duck, you will see ZERO bets on Biden posted here

Backed him as a long 12/1 shot more than a year ago before he had ever even announced he was running for President. Always knew he would be a contender and be in with a good shout of winning. He is now the 8/11 favourite and has a 12 point lead in the polls which is making this election season rather enjoyable for me ;)

pp.jpg
    pic size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

It is now those with a brain v those without (i.e the Cult) surely.

Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if T is re elected, but I hope not. So where is this going?

Where is the so called middle crowd veering towards at this stage I wonder.

The Red States are a given, where does it go from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

He couldn't even be bothered wearing his MAGA cap lol

I think he's just realised he's been caught out as a fraud :)

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How dare he walk around and salute with his tie open like that!!

(This is what would be said if it was Obama, who's betting there's a tweet somewhere :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just under 6,200 attended last night, no wonder he's low energy and looking beaten.

https://www.axios.com/trump-tulsa-rally-turnout-19b3ee7b-44c4-41ad-8ec4-172ba6448ff6.html

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

Probably better if it does come from state charges rather than federal charges as well. It looks less politically motivated, and as much as it's probably warranted, prosecuting former presidents is quite a precedent to set.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

smartz wrote: »
    Probably better if it does come from state charges rather than federal charges as well. It looks less politically motivated, and as much as it's probably warranted, prosecuting former presidents is quite a precedent to set.

Wouldn't be the first precedent that Trump has set

Like Covid, do not become complacent or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

if a tie breaker is required, then this is it
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53088352

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zavQ1XZosEc

It's all in the message for the faithful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I recognise that look from a mile away. I call it the “where’s the residence bar”.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement