Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Brian? wrote: »
    I recognise that look from a mile away. I call it the “where’s the residence bar”.

he definitely has the look of a man stumbling around trying to get his hands on one last drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

He is a non drinker. Well that is what I understood. Fair enough.

But is he really abstenious in every level of his life?

His mrs looks either terrified or demented. Sorry now, but a divorce settlement will ensure she will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

His mrs looks either terrified or demented. Sorry now, but a divorce settlement will ensure she will be fine.

not in the slightest

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Brainwashed by the fake media, but he'll grow up one day and maybe his critical thinking will have developed by then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Brainwashed by the fake media, but he'll grow up one day and maybe his critical thinking will have developed by then.

This post should be included in the next edition of the Oxford dictionary alongside the definition of Irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

What's your thoughts on the dismally low turnout for Trumps terrible pep rally? What happened to the many thousands that were going to fill the overflow area?

Do you think he was really foiled by a bunch of kids on Tik Tok or do you think people have cottoned in to the con man?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

he definitely has the look of a man stumbling around trying to get his hands on one last drink.

I thought the same, between the tie and that stagger as he walked makes me think he had a few drinks on board. I know he says he is a non drinker but former drinkers often hit the bottle when they're angry or stressed, Id say he had a few stiff double scotches on that helicopter back to the White House last night. Its also notable that he has only tweeted once all day today and that wasnt until 5pm Eastern time, even then it was just a generic Happy Fathers Day graphic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

There's video online of him cooked off his nut with his good, long time friend Jeffrey Epstein.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Brian? wrote: »
    I recognise that look from a mile away. I call it the “where’s the residence bar”.

Hour 5 of the wedding afters

• Advertisement

What's your thoughts on the dismally low turnout for Trumps terrible pep rally? What happened to the many thousands that were going to fill the overflow area?

Do you think he was really foiled by a bunch of kids on Tik Tok or do you think people have cottoned in to the con man?

6,200 people more than Biden. Election is a done deal at this stage. Majority of Americans think Biden is in the early stages of dementia. Trump is starting off where he left off before the pandemic. He has 4.5 months to build up momentum and crush Biden in the debates. Trump is holding all the cards at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

6,200 people more than Biden. Election is a done deal at this stage. Majority of Americans think Biden is in the early stages of dementia. Trump is starting off where he left off before the pandemic. He has 4.5 months to build up momentum and crush Biden in the debates. Trump is holding all the cards at this stage.

Did Biden assert to a sold out event? Trump did

Eh the pandemic is still ongoing. Around a thousand people a day are dying and they had highest number of reported infections last Friday. They really have a very poor handle on it and it's far from over.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Did Biden assert to a sold out event? Trump did

With threats of violence from the left and screening for the virus it put off people. This can be easily ironed out for future rallies. This was only the first one and it can be managed better next time. Biden on the other hand will never have this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

I'd favour Biden to win by a percentage or two, but it's really a toss of the coin.

Trump doesn't have the power to do what he wants to do as a politician.

Biden is a politician who doesn't even want to do anything.

Either way, once these two are gone it will pave the way for a "true believer", and they'll be slick, effective and ruthless. An unknown, as of now. An antidote to chaos. Change is coming, just not yet.

But it will be a good show this November with the violence and division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Gradius wrote: »
    I'd favour Biden to win by a percentage or two, but it's really a toss of the coin.

Trump doesn't have the power to do what he wants to do as a politician.

Biden is a politician who doesn't even want to do anything.

Either way, once these two are gone it will pave the way for a "true believer", and they'll be slick, effective and ruthless. An unknown, as of now. An antidote to chaos. Change is coming, just not yet.

But it will be a good show this November with the violence and division.

Does the media ever discuss any policy issues or any issues that are relevant to the people, they are idiots who can't seem to agree on anything to benefit their country. seems like it's all going to be a push for a take down of trump with very little positives or discussion of what a biden presidency will bring.

Agreed completely on the change bit, but change for what? imo it will be something much worse than trump someone with a push for further deglobalisation. A nationalist. Economic conditions will drive this.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Biden didn't hold a rally, Biden didn't book a 20,000 seat stadium for a rally, Biden didn't have an "overflow area", Biden didn't claim a million people wanted to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

That image of a dejected Trump, tie undone is sad really for the reason that Trump shouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

If you appoint someone to a big job who is unable to do the job it will take a huge psychological and physical toll eventually.

I think that's what we are seeing here, someone who wants to do a good job but is just not able to and is hopelessly out of their depth.

That's my reading of it anyway.

There is a push back against globalism around the world. Wealth concentrated in the hands of few, real incomes stagnating, 2 incomes keeps you barely above water, manufacturing jobs lost in western countries, huge government debts to stimulate the economy, fake media pushing climate change and more taxes, unregulated flow of migrants from poorer countries, governments signing international agreements in secret. There is an attack on the middle class in western countries. Trump is trying but those with the real power are against him, especially those who control the mass produced media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

There is a push back against globalism around the world. Wealth concentrated in the hands of few, real incomes stagnating, 2 incomes keeps you barely above water, manufacturing jobs lost in western countries, huge government debts to stimulate the economy, fake media pushing climate change and more taxes, unregulated flow of migrants from poorer countries, governments signing international agreements in secret. There is an attack on the middle class in western countries. Trump is trying but those with the real power are against him, especially those who control the mass produced media.

What has or the Republican party done to help the middle class or address income concentration that the media has prevented?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

That image of a dejected Trump, tie undone is sad really for the reason that Trump shouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

If you appoint someone to a big job who is unable to do the job it will take a huge psychological and physical toll eventually.

I think that's what we are seeing here, someone who wants to do a good job but is just not able to and is hopelessly out of their depth.

That's my reading of it anyway.

You can't run a country with a population that's divided in two.

If someone believes in fairies, despite all the evidence in the world, what can you do? Men looking for menstrual drugs? Flat earthers? Quotas for this that and the rest based on skin colour? Massive illegal immigration? Up is down? The war on *everything*? Feelings over sense? An educational institution that simultaneously teaches extremism and untruth while alternately being held hostage (sometimes literally) by those same extremists? All while China is consolidating power like it's going out of fashion?

This incarnation of the United States is done, it's over. It's a sinking ship where I'd guess some new party or force will emerge to take the reigns. Another 4 years of badly managed decline will have people out for blood, en masse. The easy part will be putting a focal point on it all.

I'd put money on an attempted influx of American refugees to Europe, and if we're smart we'll tell them to sleep in the bed they made. Either way, I can see the population of the United changes changing quite a bit in about 5 years time.

Speculation of course but change is in the air, and not the incremental kind. So, Trump or Biden, it doesn't matter. It's who comes next that matters.

A country for everyone is precisely the same as a country for nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Jesus, do you have anything else other than meaningless sound bites?

Trumps propaganda rally backfired because he surrounds himself with useless lackeys who hadn't the foresight to consider that maybe those who aren't overly enamoured with his brand dictatorial grift, just might take advantage of their non existent security checks to register for the event. When teenagers can make the Trump team look utterly incompetent, how could you trust them to be in charge of a Country for 4 more years?

What has or the Republican party done to help the middle class or address income concentration that the media has prevented?

Renegotiation of unfavorable trade agreements to encourage production in the US and sale of American products in markets with out trade barriers. Reduction of regulations for sole traders, partnerships and small limited companies. Encouraging legal rather than illegal immigration thereby not undercutting wages of the working class.

Renegotiation of unfavorable trade agreements to encourage production in the US and sale of American products in markets with out trade barriers. Reduction of regulations for sole traders, partnerships and small limited companies. Encouraging legal rather than illegal immigration thereby not undercutting wages of the working class.

The problem with Trump is not policy, it's him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

One tweet today. Something is up. He looked absolutely dejected getting off that plane. Maybe he has had enough of the presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    One tweet today. Something is up. He looked absolutely dejected getting off that plane. Maybe he has had enough of the presidency.

Of course, he had to give his rally to a half empty arena. Must be pretty soul destroying to be fair as he had expected big overflowing crowds.

And Oklahoma is hard core republican territory and if they can't draw the crowds there...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

If anyone wants to compare the polling from 2016 to 2020 it's here

On this day in 2016 , the RCP Average stood at Clinton 45 , Trump 39.5

Clinton never managed to break 50% against Trump - She was hovering between 42-45 from May to November after Trump won the nomination.

Today it's Biden 50.6 to 41.1 for Trump.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement