Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Of course, he had to give his rally to a half empty arena. Must be pretty soul destroying to be fair as he had expected big overflowing crowds.

And Oklahoma is hard core republican territory and if they can't draw the crowds there...

(One of the many) reason(s) for lack of crowds could be them boasting about numbers. Like if I'm a punter and I know they've issued enough invites to fill the arena 50 times over and then I hear of people lining up from Wednesday, I'm probably not going to waste my time queuing up because there's a good chance I won't get in.

I'm actually surprised how much they were duped by kids, kind of shows their data gathering isn't as polished as they like to claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Anyone watching the Bolton interview right now? It's damning. Details of acts of folly after acts of folly. I'd go as far as saying acts of treason.

He is a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

amdublin wrote: »
    Anyone watching the Bolton interview right now? It's damning. Details of acts of folly after acts of folly. I'd go as far as saying acts of treason.

He is a fool.

mr2fuxrqex551.jpg

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Twitter is ‘canceling’ Joe Rogan again after he said MSM ignores Joe Biden’s mental decline
    In a Thursday podcast, Rogan, who usually steers clear of politics, reiterated his negative attitude to how the Democratic Party primary went in the US. He criticized the ‘vote blue no matter who’ position and said mainstream Democrats and their friendly media have been ignoring problems with the candidacy of Joe Biden, like “speeches that clearly show some kind of cognitive decline” in the former vice president.

“Sometimes people get really tongue-tied and panic under pressure, and words come out all f**ked up. That is possible. But there’s a trend,” he said. “The idea that as you get older you become less comfortable with the media, less comfortable with speaking publicly, that doesn’t jive with me. That doesn’t make any sense.”

source

That part of the discussion with Bret Weinstein is 1 hour 42 secs in.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I listened to this the other day.
    I like the last 30 seconds of that podcast where Bret thanks Joe for being one of the last places left that is not corrupted.

Joe is noncancelable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

(One of the many) reason(s) for lack of crowds could be them boasting about numbers. Like if I'm a punter and I know they've issued enough invites to fill the arena 50 times over and then I hear of people lining up from Wednesday, I'm probably not going to waste my time queuing up because there's a good chance I won't get in.

Thats a fair point for people who might have been intending of driving from nearby states like Texas. But Tulsa itself has a population of 500,000 and the Tulsa fire brigade put the attendance at 6,300, which is less than 1.5% than the local population. This is in a state where Republicans won by more than 25% last time out. The campaign were furiously sending out text messages trying to get people to come down and anyone watching on tv could clearly see the predicted 40,000 overflow rally was cancelled and they could walk right into the venue.

Trumps problem is his own voters are taking the virus more seriously than he is. It is spreading in Oklahoma and with a crumbling healthcare system people are scared stiff of getting it.
    amdublin wrote: »

He is a fool.

Havent seen it yet but read that he said Trump asking Xi to help get him re-elected was more impeachable than him asking Ukraine to dig dirt on Biden. That is treason by any definition.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭ollkiller

There is a push back against globalism around the world. Wealth concentrated in the hands of few, real incomes stagnating, 2 incomes keeps you barely above water, manufacturing jobs lost in western countries, huge government debts to stimulate the economy, fake media pushing climate change and more taxes, unregulated flow of migrants from poorer countries, governments signing international agreements in secret. There is an attack on the middle class in western countries. Trump is trying but those with the real power are against him, especially those who control the mass produced media.

I actually agree with you that it's scandalous that a couple earning 2 wages barely scrap by. But how you think Trump gives a flying **** about that is beyond me. He cares about 're election. Nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

2u2me wrote: »
    I listened to this the other day.
    I like the last 30 seconds of that podcast where Bret thanks Joe for being one of the last places left that is not corrupted.

Joe is noncancelable.

Joe Rogan is a step away from Alex Jones with the level of journalistic integrity he portrays

• Registered Users Posts: 13,598 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Ehh, got any other source than Russia Today for this shock jock being cancelled?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

So actually twitter isn’t cancelling Joe Rogan.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Beautiful. Love it. I get such a big smile and a laugh just watching that. Sometimes the World is good. He should get used to it. He could just do us and everyone else in the World a favour now by just firing his whole administration and resigning now himself. Save himself any more embarrassments. Never bother with an election he is so far in the deep that he is drowning at this stage. So he might as well just step down and let Joe Biden take over.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The excuses are being banked should they be needed

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1275024974579982336

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,974 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Surprised it took someone this long to come up with some tell all book to be honest. That was always going to be a serious moneyspinner.

35fobd123l551.jpg

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think Stormy Daniels said something similar about him

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Lol. What a moaner. Whinge whinge whinge. That is the only thingTrump is good at.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Igotadose wrote: »
    Ehh, got any other source than Russia Today for this shock jock being cancelled?

He's not being cancelled, and he's not having his Twitter account closed. He's copping sh*t for laughing along with jokes about sexual harrassment and whatnot. This is just Putins mouthpiece trying to sow discord on a non issue, and they'll likely try to push that he is (or soon will be?) no longer on YouTube as an example of this, even though the real reason Rogan will no longer be on YT is because he signed a gigantic, $100mn deal with Spotify. They might as well be complaining that Antoine Griezmann got "banned" from playing for Atletico Madrid because he signed a contract with Barcelona. But that won't stop them.

The usual fools will gobble it right up and ask for more, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Quite ironic that the man who has encouraged foreign countries to interfere in US elections, is now tweeting about being afraid of foreign countries interfering in US elections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

These ads are cruel but so effective.

It's republican tactics against a republican president.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,974 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

These ads are cruel but so effective.

It's republican tactics against a republican president.

They're not cruel when you consider some of the stuff their target has come out with:

15111106_10154510449195733_7100512809205767734_o.jpg?w=549

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1275072737099124737

Ok I won't post any more of these for now :D

P.S he is now calling his campaign manager "the website guy" : o

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1275136946348703744

oooookkayyyyy

*move away slowly, don't make eye contact...*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1275136946348703744

oooookkayyyyy

*move away slowly, don't make eye contact...*

The deluded ramblings of a madman.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Polls show Republicans are not only at risk of losing the White House on November 3, but also their Senate majority.
    Wall Street is bracing for a Joe Biden presidency but wishes to avoid the return of the progressives.

A Joe Biden presidency should reduce much of the business uncertainty created by Donald Trump’s presidency on tariffs and trade wars, but Wall Street wishes to avoid the return of the progressives. AP
    Jacob GreberUnited States correspondent
    Jun 22, 2020 – 12.01am

Blackstone co-founder Stephen Schwarzman – one of Donald Trump’s closest Wall Street confidantes – is among dozens of well-heeled players pouring money into an unexpected place: they're backing a Democratic primary campaign in New York.

The reason? They hope their money can help unseat America's best-known new-generation progressive, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, according to regulatory disclosures released last week.
    https://www.afr.com/world/north-america/wall-street-braces-for-a-democrat-clean-sweep-20200621-p554m0

Light at the end of the tunnel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

duploelabs wrote: »
    Joe Rogan is a step away from Alex Jones with the level of journalistic integrity he portrays

What has he done to make you say that? Also I doubt he'd consider himself a journalist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

What has he done to make you say that? Also I doubt he'd consider himself a journalist.

Have you listened to him? To start he consistently accepts conspiracy theories, including many peddled by Jones. Like Trump, he is a dumb person's idea of what an intelligent person is

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement