Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Anyone watching Arizona live?

He's a gurning idiot, like a really bad comedian

• Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump sweating like a Bishop at a Barney concert. Looks terrible, sounds terrible, is terrible.

Brings two kids up to give an anecdotal story :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

They still watch though. They never miss a tweet, an event or even a comment

They still watch though. They never miss a tweet, an event or even a comment

So we shouldn't watch live?

But if I don't watch this live then you will be here tomorrow accusing me of getting my info from CNN/MSNBC!

if I watch it live as I have many of his pressers, rallies etc then there is no doubt in my mind what he has said as I have watched him say it.

You guys are hilarious.

So we shouldn't watch live?

But if I don't watch this live then you will be here tomorrow accusing me of getting my info from CNN/MSNBC!

if I watch it live as I have many of his pressers, rallies etc then there is no doubt in my mind what he has said as I have watched him say it.

You guys are hilarious.

Must be gone to an ad break.

• Advertisement

Must be gone to an ad break.

Could they not find any whiter kids for the anecdotes? :pac:

Could they not find any whiter kids for the anecdotes? :pac:

What colour would be more to your taste.

If it was black children you'd have a line for that too. Be honest.

Its bland, boring and predictable

What colour would be more to your taste.

If it was black children you'd have a line for that too. Be honest.

Its bland, boring and predictable

Yup, Trump playing to his audience like the grifter he is, hopefully his fake tan holds up under those hot lights.

Yup, Trump playing to his audience like the grifter he is, hopefully his fake tan holds up under those hot lights.

What about if he brought out black children though. Would that have been better

Since you ridiculed him having white children on stage I'm assuming you wouldn't have passed comment if they were black. You be happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Only stupid people support trump

• Advertisement

Since you ridiculed him having white children on stage I'm assuming you wouldn't have passed comment if they were black. You be happy enough.

Are you not watching?

Are you not watching?

Ads must be over

Ads must be over

you should watch, it's pure comedy gold.

Edit: its over now, I'm sure you will catch the highlights on Fox though ;)

you should watch, it's pure comedy gold.

Edit: its over now, I'm sure you will catch the highlights on Fox though ;)

You won't touch my question. Background noise

Nothing to answer, time to hit the hay, enjoy Fox or OAN, I'm sure they will spin everything just right for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You didn’t ask any.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭CowboyTed

Honestly this is a picture of the event:
    inside-church-gabriel.jpg

The number of cases in Arizona at the moment is 58k in a pop of 7.2m and a growth of 6.6%

Compare that to Ireland
    Last time we had a day over 6.6% was 17th of April and then we had 13k cases.

So Arizona has 3 times the cases and that growth. This completely wreak-less to the point of insane

CowboyTed wrote: »
    Honestly this is a picture of the event:
    inside-church-gabriel.jpg

The number of cases in Arizona at the moment is 58k in a pop of 7.2m and a growth of 6.6%

Compare that to Ireland
    Last time we had a day over 6.6% was 17th of April and then we had 13k cases.

So Arizona has 3 times the cases and that growth. This completely wreak-less to the point of insane

Hey they got it filled - looks like a tiny venue for Trump though. How much does it seat? How much did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Your original concern was Rogan being equated to Alex Jones and I linked you to a near 5 hour video where you admit Rogan allows Jones to go Info Wars type 'wild rant' with minimal push back and at times even agreeing with him.

He has well 1,496 podcasts with only a few with Alex Jones.

He never claimed that Alex Jones is an expert in anything. What podcast would you take issue with where he had an expert on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Also in its own right, giving five hours of air time to the likes of Alex Jones is pretty irresponsible. The same man who was responsible for families of massacred children being harassed.

The primary reason he had him on was a show of support; since the social media platforms came together to ban him.

Russiagate
    Covington kids
    Jussie Smollett
    Recently Bubba Wallace and his 'noose'

How irresponsible were these stories? Pedalled by bonified 'media'.

There is a legal system, Jones went to court, he was sued. That's the way it works. People aren't happy with that they want to see him cancelled, they'd probably remove the air around him if they could.

Just strange they don't apply the same standards to the media that they so readily consume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

2u2me wrote: »

Russiagate
    Covington kids
    Jussie Smollett

How irresponsible were these stories? Pedalled by bonified 'media'

How do you get pedalled by the media for these? As if the media made up these situations out of thin air. The media reported on the situations as they arose and appeared at the time. And were corrected and reported on factual as any changes came about.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

2u2me wrote: »
    The primary reason he had him on was a show of support; since the social media platforms came together to ban him.

Russiagate
    Covington kids
    Jussie Smollett

How irresponsible were these stories? Pedalled by bonified 'media'.

There is a legal system, Jones went to court, he was sued. That's the way it works. People aren't happy with that they want to see him cancelled, they'd probably remove the air around him if they could.

Just strange they don't apply the same standards to the media that they so readily consume.
    Jones who actively created a scenario where Sandy Hook families were harassed because they were "crisis actors"... Cancel away, he targeted vulnerable people and placed them in danger. This resulted in many of them having to move multiple times. Platforms are perfectly free to ban users who violate their terms and conditions btw. They don't have to go to court to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

SHOVELLER wrote: »
    Only stupid people support trump

Haha cut right to the chase anyway :D

How do you get pedalled by the media for these? As if the media made up these situations out of thin air. The media reported on the situations as they arose and appeared at the time. And were corrected and reported on factual as any changes came about.

Up next, the media is blamed for covering balloon boy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

They were aired with a, shall we say, certain slant that was found to be completely incorrect. White person, Indian person = white person being racist. You then have the usual pile on before all the facts are established. The right-ist media is no better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

cnocbui wrote: »

Cortez won by over 50% last night (72% to 19% for second place) while someone apparently much like her who she endorsed, Jamaal Bowman, beat Eliot Engel (who has been in his position for over 30 years) by 25%. Three others (Ritchie Torres, Mondair Jones, Dana Balter) are all apparently similarly progressive candidates who won their primaries by 10, 25 and 30% in NY last night.

Of the 5 districts these make up, all but Balters (which seems to go back and forth between republican or democrat representatives) are basically guaranteed Democrat seats.

Anyone hoping to see the end of Ocasio Cortez last night got the opposite of what they wanted - if anything it seems like she her position will be considerably stronger from next year onwards, with more support from fellow representatives. This is apparently a bit of a trend around much of the country, but in NY last night the progressive wing of the democrats had what is likely to be one of their best nights of this primary cycle.

Trump reportedly giving up on hosting ‘big arena rallies’ owing to the fact his Tulsa “celebration” was a monumental cockup

https://twitter.com/new_narrative/status/1275555286632337408?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Cortez won by over 50% last night (72% to 19% for second place) while someone apparently much like her who she endorsed, Jamaal Bowman, beat Eliot Engel (who has been in his position for over 30 years) by 25%. Three others (Ritchie Torres, Mondair Jones, Dana Balter) are all apparently similarly progressive candidates who won their primaries by 10, 25 and 30% in NY last night.

Of the 5 districts these make up, all but Balters (which seems to go back and forth between republican or democrat representatives) are basically guaranteed Democrat seats.

Anyone hoping to see the end of Ocasio Cortez last night got the opposite of what they wanted - if anything it seems like she her position will be considerably stronger from next year onwards, with more support from fellow representatives. This is apparently a bit of a trend around much of the country, but in NY last night the progressive wing of the democrats had what is likely to be one of their best nights of this primary cycle.

There seems to be an interesting race going on with the Democratic Kentucky primary. Amy McGrath, who received heavy endorsements, is in tight race against progressive candidate Charles Booker.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Trump reportedly giving up on hosting ‘big arena rallies’ owing to the fact his Tulsa “celebration” was a monumental cockup

https://twitter.com/new_narrative/status/1275555286632337408?s=21

Fake tans fragile ego isn't able for another drubbing like last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement