Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

He could improve a lot but as imperfect as he is, he is on the right side and trying his best. We all fall below the standard and it’s a ongoing battle against the temptations of this world. At the core he has policies I agree with.

What core policies do you agree with?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

statesaver wrote: »
    When is the first debate ?

Not until the fall. The RNC isn’t even until late August which is when Trump is actually coronated as the GOP nominee.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You clearly are.
    You shouldn't be mocking someone's religious beliefs

Why not? I respect his right to believe what he wants but that doesn't mean I have to respect those beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

To be honest I would rather put my trust in Jesus Christ than be deceived by the evil that control this world.

Out of curiosity, what branch of christianity do you belong to? And is the '8000 people control the world' a common belief in your community?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

duploelabs wrote: »
    Reading that makes me feel like I've just huffed glue.

So I've asked you this before, what media do you read and trust?

Id be interested in knowing this too. Like if oneworldorder is claiming that the mainstream media are all fake news then what sites does he get his truthful news from? Maybe he will provide us with a few links of news media he considers to be good sources and that way we can all go and educate ourselves and finally be free from the clutches and the lies of the mainstream media.

So help us out here oneworldorder, throw up a few links of where you believe we should get our news from given you say the mainstream media is all fake. Where will we find the real truth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

He is a strong leader, built a great economy before they unleashed the virus, shows up the fake mainstream media and he will continue to put America first. Law abiding citizens that respect their country will come out again and re-elect him for another 4 years.

What is the colour of the sky in your world?

If you seriously believe that fictional nonsense I have an iceberg for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

statesaver wrote: »
    When is the first debate ?

Is Trump obliged to do debates? I'm not 100% clear on that. I'm not sure if debating this time is a good idea, considering his lack of achievement in pretty much every area. There's only so far that "Biden is senile" can take him, seeing as he's not the brightest or most coherent spark himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Is Trump obliged to do debates? I'm not 100% clear on that. I'm not sure if debating this time is a good idea, considering his lack of achievement in pretty much every area. There's only so far that "Biden is senile" can take him, seeing as he's not the brightest or most coherent spark himself.
    The whole 'Biden is senile' thing makes avoiding debates difficult as Trump should be chomping at the bit to expose his senility.

Not debating would lose him even more of the floating voters that are already moving away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

back to something substantive. Trump has known since march that the Russians have been paying a bounty for killing american troops in afghanistan. not only has trump done nothing about it he wanted russia readmitted to the G8 after he was told. the man is a traitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

osarusan wrote: »
    The whole 'Biden is senile' thing makes avoiding debates difficult as Trump should be chomping at the bit to expose his senility.

Not debating would lose him even more of the floating voters that are already moving away from him.

You're right, but the obvious fact is that Trump is even less coherent than Biden is (I am not a fan of Biden, personally). Trump is barely able to form a sentence at this stage, as shown on Hannity the other night when Hannity had to step in when he asked Trump what his aims for his next 4 years were and Trump babbled like a confused child.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he refused to debate Biden and just focused on his rallies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I have seen enough. There is enough evidence on YouTube if your willing to find out. I am not linking stuff here.

Tell me what to search for so.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

You clearly are.
    You shouldn't be mocking someone's religious beliefs

Why? Does that cover every religion ever conceived?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    You're right, but the obvious fact is that Trump is even less coherent than Biden is (I am not a fan of Biden, personally). Trump is barely able to form a sentence at this stage, as shown on Hannity the other night when Hannity had to step in when he asked Trump what his aims for his next 4 years were and Trump babbled like a confused child.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he refused to debate Biden and just focused on his rallies.

I would say he'll come up with some excuse, as if he did debate, it would show up his 'Biden is in mental decline' as false. At least he can control the narrative from his pulpit

duploelabs wrote: »
    I would say he'll come up with some excuse, as if he did debate, it would show up his 'Biden is in mental decline' as false. At least he can control the narrative from his pulpit

i think he will place some completely unreasonable conditions on the debates and then blame biden when he wont agree to them.

i think he will place some completely unreasonable conditions on the debates and then blame biden when he wont agree to them.

Trump's only chance to turn it around is to make Biden senile. He has to debate him.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Overheal wrote: »
    Not until the fall. The RNC isn’t even until late August which is when Trump is actually coronated as the GOP nominee.

Is there any chance that the Republicans would nominate someone else?

Has that ever happened that someone instead of the sitting president was nominated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Brian? wrote: »
    Why? Does that cover every religion ever conceived?

Just the ones around today is fine thanks

Even the snake handlers and the Presbyterians?

they/them/theirs

amdublin wrote: »

Has that ever happened that someone instead of the sitting president was nominated?

Nope. Not going to happen

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

can any of the trump bum boys translate this into something coherent, maybe its just me but it is the greatitest orator of our time
    but its a bit much for my uneductated mind

'Hannity: 'What are your goals for your second term.'

Trump: 'Well, one of the things that will be really great, you know the word experience is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. I’ve always said that. But the word experience is a very important word. It’s an — a very important meaning.

I never did this before. I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington, I think, 17 times. All of a sudden, I’m president of the United States. You know the story. I’m riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our First Lady and I say, ‘This is great. But I didn’t know very many people in Washington. It wasn’t my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York. Now I know everybody, and I have great people in the administration.”

You make some mistakes. Like, you know, an idiot like Bolton. All he wanted to do was drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to drop bombs on everybody. You don’t have to kill people.'

• Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

We should take Scientology seriously?

Not since Andrew Johnson who was long considered the worst president in history. The key word being "was"

We should take Scientology seriously?

And Pastafarianism...:pac:

*dons collander* excuse me?

*dons collander* excuse me?

Apologies, I know you guys have been straining for recognition for a while!

I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Easter bunny and tooth fairy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Tahe your malformed noodles and F**k off:pac:

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

I believe Gerald Ford came very close to losing it in 76, and he actually had a slightly higher approval rate than Trump at the time (about 45%). However, he was up against a very well defined primary opponent in Ronald Reagan, and there doesn't seem to be anybody in that role currently in the G.O.P.

I think one of the real questions is at what point do other (running) Republican candidates start to publicly question the president, to try and save their own back. Doubtless there is a number, I'm guessing it's somewhere in the 30 % bracket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

LMAO

This shìte should be confined to the CT threads.

It's gone mainstream. Trump himself has appeared on infowars and retweeted Q-Anon nonsense. Then again, he does depend on his base being gullible so the CT types are perfect for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement