Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 83,530 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So evidence has surfaced showing that the Trump campaign had workers remove thousands of social distancing notices stickered to the seats at the Tulsa rally venue.

It’s truly sick the lengths Trump will go to to make this virus worse!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/workers-removed-thousands-of-social-distancing-stickers-before-trumps-tulsa-rally-according-to-video-and-a-person-familiar-with-the-set-up/2020/06/27/f429c3be-b801-11ea-9b0f-c797548c1154_story.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Overheal wrote: »

If she wasn't his daughter he'd be dating her?? What? Out of context surely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Its protests lasting weeks in 2000 us cities and towns. Mass gatherings. A big no no during a pandemic.
    There is no other cause

Overheal wrote: »
    So evidence has surfaced showing that the Trump campaign had workers remove thousands of social distancing notices stickered to the seats at the Tulsa rally venue.

It’s truly sick the lengths Trump will go to to make this virus worse!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/workers-removed-thousands-of-social-distancing-stickers-before-trumps-tulsa-rally-according-to-video-and-a-person-familiar-with-the-set-up/2020/06/27/f429c3be-b801-11ea-9b0f-c797548c1154_story.html

It's been clear for months now he doesn't care about COVID.

It's a shame as so many will lose their lives. The numbers not looking good in America the last few days. Hopefully they some how get a grip on it.

People need to start listening to the doctors and stop listening to Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Its protests lasting weeks in 2000 us cities and towns. Mass gatherings. A big no no during a pandemic.
    There is no other cause

Have you some kind of evidence to back up this supposition?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Have you some kind of evidence to back up this supposition?

Yeah common sense.

Protests lasting weeks in 2000 cities and towns throughout the country lasting weeks.
    Cases were dropping before protests started now they are rising again.

People here saying that the trump rally is a cause . That was in one area for night. Multiply that by 2000 and lasting a couple of weeks.
    Its not rocket science

Yeah common sense.

Protests lasting weeks in 2000 cities and towns throughout the country lasting weeks.
    Cases were dropping before protests started now they are rising again.

People here saying that the trump rally is a cause . That was in one area for night. Multiply that by 2000 and lasting a couple of weeks.
    Its not rocket science

Correlation doesn't prove imply causation, that's why you need evidence. If you're to show some then you may bolster your claim, but as such it's just a supposition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Correlation doesn't prove imply causation, that's why you need evidence. If you're to show some then you may bolster your claim, but as such it's just a supposition

What do you make of Fauci? Do you think he knows what he is talking about or is he a chancer?

• Advertisement

What do you make of Fauci? Do you think he knows what he is talking about or is he a chancer?
    Don't dodge, back up your claims that the protest caused the spike in cases. Otherwise you're just a spoofer

Don't dodge, back up your claims that the protest caused the spike in cases. Otherwise you're just a spoofer

Fauci said it himself. As I said it's not rocket science.

Is he a spoofer? Would you take his word for it ?

Remember now that he has been director of the national institute of allergies and infectious diseases since 1984

Fauci said it himself. As I said it's not rocket science.

Is he a spoofer? Would you take his word for it ?

Remember now that he has been director of the national institute of allergies and infectious diseases since 1984

Fauci said it was risky going to protests which I'd strongly agree with. He said it had the potential to create a spike. This was when they were starting. I've found no evidence that he actually said it caused a spike, in fact there's no such indication a spike occurred. Large groups in outdoor areas were simply a big unknown.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-no-spike-cities-despite-protests-big-surge-in-states-that-reopened-20200627.html

Now can you point me to where Fauci has stated that the protests are responsible for the current increases? I'm sure you can point to it from his testimony last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

RasTa wrote:
    Cracking up at this

Jesus that country really is a train wreck

Fauci said it was risky going to protests which I'd strongly agree with. He said it had the potential to create a spike. This was when they were starting. I've found no evidence that he actually said it caused a spike, in fact there's no such indication a spike occurred. Large groups in outdoor areas were simply a big unknown.

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-no-spike-cities-despite-protests-big-surge-in-states-that-reopened-20200627.html

Now can you point me to where Fauci has stated that the protests are responsible for the current increases? I'm sure you can point to it from his testimony last week.

You have the head of allergies and infectious diseases saying on the 8th of june that the protests carry a risk of started a second wave of infections.
    Protests in 2000 cities and towns

A few weeks later after infections dropping consistently there is a record spike.

It's not rocket science. We all know it. Its as plain as the nose on your face .

There are no other mass gatherings happening apart from that one of Orange eejit rally.

Come on.

Sure fauci hasn't a dust yeah. Stop the lights

You have the head of allergies and infectious diseases saying on the 8th of june that the protests carry a risk of started a second wave of infections.
    Protests in 2000 cities and towns

A few weeks later after infections dropping consistently there is a record spike.

It's not rocket science. We all know it. Its as plain as the nose on your face .

There are no other mass gatherings happening apart from that one of Orange eejit rally.

Come on

Cities opened up... The spikes aren't occurring in the cities where there were major protests. Now can you where Fauci has said the current spike is from protests? He's been interviewed multiple times in past week and hasn't said it.

Cities opened up... The spikes aren't occurring in the cities where there were major protests. Now can you where Fauci has said the current spike is from protests? He's been interviewed multiple times in past week and hasn't said it.

You aren't getting it. Logic and reason gone out the window.

"Cities opened up" what does that mean?
    Phased reopening just like here because cases were dropping consistently.

Protests started spread to 2000 cities and towns. Head of allergies and infectious diseases says protests carry a risk of starting second wave.

Weeks later new cases spike.

How can you say on one hand that the Trump rally could spread the virus but on the other that events like this wouldn't spread the virus.

This picture was played out in 2000 Us towns and cities.

How can you say on one hand that the Trump rally could spread the virus but on the other that events like this wouldn't spread the virus.

This picture was played out in 2000 Us towns and cities.

The spread of the virus indoors and outdoors would differ, there's been indicators for ages that airborne spread of the virus outdoors is much more difficult. We also know for a fact that cities with major protests didn't get a surge. I also for the record was concerned that the protests would increase the spread but that thankfully hasn't panned of.

Surges have happened in states that opened too early. This is the reality.

The spread of the virus indoors and outdoors would differ, there's been indicators for ages that airborne spread of the virus outdoors is much more difficult. We also know for a fact that cities with major protests didn't get a surge. I also for the record was concerned that the protests would increase the spread but that thankfully hasn't panned of.

Surges have happened in states that opened too early. This is the reality.

This is your reality. Il let fauci know.

Since I'm wrong would you mind informing me why mass gatherings, sporting events etc are banned during pandemics?

Il send on the answer to the World health organisation post haste as MM would say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,056 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Sachsa Baron Cohen is comedy banksy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Protests started spread to 2000 cities and towns. Head of allergies and infectious diseases says protests carry a risk of starting second wave.

According to the trump campaign cases are dropping in 34 states, so according to your logic the 2000 cities where protests occurred are not in these states ?

weisses wrote: »
    According to the trump campaign cases are dropping in 34 states, so according to your logic the 2000 cities where protests occurred are not in these states ?

Is this a sideways question into whether I believe Trump or not.

A loaded question if you will.
    Deflection opportunity as an escape.

Cases at record peaks. Weeks of mass gatherings in the form of protests. Theres your cause right there

Still waiting for the other guy to tell me why he thinks mass gatherings are banned during pandemics

Cases at record peaks. Weeks of mass gatherings in the form of protests. Theres your cause right there

Still waiting for the other guy to tell me why he thinks mass gatherings are banned during pandemics

I've already said I do view it as risky to pursue protests but there is not an indication that the spikes are caused by the protests. Can you show evidence that they are? Pretty simple question.

That's a correlation. Not a causation. Can you cite more figures on the spike of cases in the cities that experienced more protests?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

It is a statement made by the trump campaign which doesn't add up with your claim... if you could explain your point in light with what is claimed that would be great ...

I don't think anyone is denying mass gatherings are not helping... but your conclusion doesn't add up with the "reality" painted by the trump campaign

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Phased reopening just like here because cases were dropping consistently

Except they absolutely hadn't

HnmNP8o.png

The US States hadnt seen decrease in cases or anything like it.

They opened too early before they had come even close the flattening the curve.

That's the absolute number one reason but far, without any question.

The spikes can largely be aligned with the reopening of indoor sites like Bars and Restaurants. All of the evidence supports this.

Were the protests risky? of course, but as Fauci himself said when asked about the Trump rally.

" No crowd is best, but Outside is much better than inside"

The president of the United States! Good lord.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1277219673315119106

Take the phone off him guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    The president of the United States! Good lord.
    Take the phone off him guys.

or leave him at it!

• Advertisement

I don't think they were as successful as us in getting numbers down though? They went ahead regardless from what I remember.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement