Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Kanye has announced he's running in 2020.

Please, please, please let us see a three way debate.

Greatest country in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

tigger123 wrote: »

It was thought he might run in 2024 , he might not be able to run in certain states as it is too late.
    I cant see him getting in the debates, Jill Stein wasn't involved in the debates last time round though it would be entertaining as hell

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Can you just " run"??

Do you not have to get some level of State nomination or something first?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The only man in America with a bigger ego than Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Bolton's Memoir Undercuts Hype as Impeachment's Would-Be Star Witness
    The Ukrainians' claims make sense in light of the fact that they only learned of the aid freeze, along with the rest of the world, with the Politico article published August 28. That would have meant that the supposed quid pro quo demand was made to them only after the issue became a matter of public controversy. That scenario was always implausible on its face. And now Bolton's memoir has failed to change the picture. Bolton seems to grasp this fact. "I think the House Democrats built a cliff, they threw themselves off of it," he told Raddatz of ABC News. "And halfway down, they looked up and saw me, and said, 'Hey, why don't you come along?' "

source

Cheney takes on Trump
    In her latest rebuke of Trump, Cheney openly questioned whether the president was aware of reports that the Russians offered Afghan militants bounties to kill U.S. troops and demanded the administration take a more aggressive posture toward the Kremlin.

source

Dick Cheney’s daughter Liz Cheney, is against Trump as was Bolton indicates this is the same problem they had with Kennedy who would not invade Vietnam like the military industrial complex wanted. They still won't release all the files from that event.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Can you just " run"??

I believe so. Once you're over 35, natural born US citizen and have been a resident for over 14 years. You need to register in ever state as a candidate then off you go. It'll cost him feck all and he's generating plenty of publicity for himself.

I look forward to seeing him debate the candidates from the libertarian and green parties

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Brian? wrote: »
    I believe so. Once you're over 35, natural born US citizen and have been a resident for over 14 years. You need to register in ever state as a candidate then off you go. It'll cost him feck all and he's generating plenty of publicity for himself.

I look forward to seeing him debate the candidates from the libertarian and green parties

Eminem better run as well now ..... Looking forward to some epic debates/rap battles :p

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭farmerval

Any danger this Jackass could split Bidens vote??
    Is that what he's looking to do.

Could some of the more Knowledgeable folk here explain did Jill Stein have a material effect on Hillary Clinton's vote in the last election. Did she effectively spoil in crucial states?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

farmerval wrote: »

Could some of the more Knowledgeable folk here explain did Jill Stein have a material effect on Hillary Clinton's vote in the last election. Did she effectively spoil in crucial states?

That's exactly what could happen. He runs, takes votes from Biden and then helps Trump get reelected.

A green party candidate did the same thing and it led directly to George W's reelection (as he took votes from Al Gore).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I think it’s a publicity stunt.
    He won’t run.

Isn’t he a trump supporter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Akesh

Imagine claiming to be a Democrat and then out of the other side of your mouth make a statement like that. What is wrong with third party candidates other than the fact that they will, democratically, take votes from the candidate that you want to win?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Jill Stein was a minor factor in some of the rust belt states, but she definitely leaches votes from Hilary. Not enough to swing the states away from her, but it was one of the "death by a thousand cuts" that beat her.

Some pro Trump superpacs bought ads for Stein and some Russian Twitter bots campaigned for her.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Akesh wrote: »
    Imagine claiming to be a Democrat and then out of the other side of your mouth make a statement like that. What is wrong with third party candidates other than the fact that they will, democratically, take votes from the candidate that you want to win?

Kanye West isn't a suitable third party candidate. One of the flaws of democracy is that narcissists like him are given the opportunity to run despite having absolutely nothing to offer. He should stick to music, like Trump should have stuck to reality tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Akesh wrote: »

It's one thing to run because you want to be president, or want to get points and an agenda across. It's a whole other thing, and can be argued to undermine the democratic process, to run for no other reason than to try and take votes from one candidate in order to help the other win.

I can't say for certain that that is what West is trying, but he u is a well known friend with and big supporter of Trump who has openly claimed the democrats try to "control" black people and efforts to take the black vote from them in the past.

Either way I doubt this has much impact on the election. If he had been a little more low key of a Trump supporter and also not made claims like slavery being a 'choice' he may have had a better chance, and had he done thus a few months ago (re registration deadlines and requirements for states) then he also could have.

Then again, the last few years have taught us to never, ever underestimate the stupidity of the American electorate as a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Kayne was a supporter of Trump, not sure how Donny will feel about losing votes that might otherwise might have gone to him.

I think the black vote will still go to Sleepy Joe so I suppose thats good news for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think it’s a publicity stunt.
    He won’t run.

Isn’t he a trump supporter?

Kim Kardashian has been quite active around the White House the past few years. She has got Trumps ear over prison reform.

Honestly don't think Kanye West and Kim Kardashian are much of a stretch from what's in there today.

West is an absolute headbanger!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Kayne was a supporter of Trump, not sure how Donny will feel about losing votes that might otherwise might have gone to him.

I think the black vote will still go to Sleepy Joe so I suppose thats good news for him.

What type of Trump supporter would he risk losing to Kanye West? I honestly can't think of any beyond the very, very rare person here or there. I don't see how West running would be anything but a net positive for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What type of Trump supporter would he risk losing to Kanye West? I honestly can't think of any beyond the very, very rare person here or there. I don't see how West running would be anything but a net positive for Trump.

What remains of the black vote would be one guess

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Can you just " run"??

Brian? wrote: »

Did a bit of digging.

It would seem that the process is different for an Independent to be added to the ballot in each state.

Some you can just pay a fee and you get added , others you have to officially "petition" and need to have a certain number of valid signatures to qualify.

Arizona for example you have to have 3% of registered voters , and it's 1% in Florida,

In a good few States , the deadline for submission is already past , although most seem to have deadline sometime in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So who caught trumps magnificent speech where he slurred his words and said that the vietnam was won rapidly during operation desert storm? A really great orator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So who caught trumps magnificent speech where he slurred his words and said that the vietnam was won rapidly during operation desert storm? A really great orator.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Concrete evidence of his further mental decline, Rep party should dump this old man, His dementia is getting worse and its unfair of them to drag him out like this just to embarrass himself time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What will happen if his poll numbers keep going down? They've already chosen him as the candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Concrete evidence of his further mental decline, Rep party should dump this old man, His dementia is getting worse and its unfair of them to drag him out like this just to embarrass himself time and time again.

SHAME on his family for letting him run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

Who reinstated the 10 commandments back in schools, signed legislation for religious freedom, said we worship God and not government among many things. Under the godless democrats, God was being forced out of society and we see the consequences with gender confusion, agendas promoting sinful behaviour and recently attacks on churches.

Let's see how old Donnie the devout Christian does in the 10 commandments test shall we

Thou shalt have no other gods before me
    Fail, he obviously likes money far more than God

Honour thy father and thy mother
    Debatable, certainly has daddy issues

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy
    Fail, not a church goer

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image
    He certainly loves his statues, probably wants one of himself

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
    Fail

Thou shalt not kill
    Fail

Thou shalt not commit adultery
    In his own words, failed big

Thou shalt not steal
    Fail

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour
    Fail, he can't say two words without lying about people and events.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife
    Maybe not his neighbours wife but his daughter which is a fair bit worse.

Thats a fairly resounding crash and burn in the Christianity test for someone your esposing as upholding your values. What does that say about you?

If we follow your line of logic, I presume you think America is no place for Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus etc as their god doesn't have the same values as your god. Its easy to see why you're so big on trump when you follow the real reasons behind your support.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

threeball wrote: »
    Let's see how old Donnie the devout Christian does in the 10 commandments test shall we

Thou shalt have no other gods before me
    Fail, he obviously likes money far more than God

Honour thy father and thy mother
    Debatable, certainly has daddy issues

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy
    Fail, not a church goer

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image
    He certainly loves his statues, probably wants one of himself

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
    Fail

Thou shalt not kill
    Fail

Thou shalt not commit adultery
    In his own words, failed big

Thou shalt not steal
    Fail

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour
    Fail, he can't say two words without lying about people and events.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbours wife
    Maybe not his neighbours wife but his daughter which is a fair bit worse.

Thats a fairly resounding crash and burn in the Christianity test for someone your esposing as upholding your values. What does that say about you?

If we follow your line of logic, I presume you think America is no place for Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus etc as their god doesn't have the same values as your god. Its easy to see why you're so big on trump when you follow the real reasons behind your support.

The bible promotes hard work and providing for your family. Money is the medium for exchange of value between people. Yes Trump supports the capitalist system, it allowed America to become a great nation, but he also understands there is a higher power, one greater than the material possessions this world brings.

He could have retired and played out his remaining days on a golf course somewhere, but instead he is giving back to the American nation. He has to take on the evil controlling the media and all the false attacks against him. America has been in decline for a long time. People are lost, drugs and crime everywhere, satanic music, sinful agendas, greed, pride, and all the excesses of the devil. Working hard, doing well in life and putting your trust in God is not a negative. We pass through this world and the devil gives us many temptations along the way.

The bible promotes hard work and providing for your family. Money is the medium for exchange of value between people. Yes Trump supports the capitalist system, it allowed America to become a great nation, but he also understands there is a higher power, one greater than the material possessions this world brings.

He could have retired and played out his remaining days on a golf course somewhere, but instead he is giving back to the American nation. He has to take on the evil controlling the media and all the false attacks against him. America has been in decline for a long time. People are lost, drugs and crime everywhere, satanic music, sinful agendas, greed, pride, and all the excesses of the devil. Working hard, doing well in life and putting your trust in God is not a negative. We pass through this world and the devil gives us many temptations along the way.

Genuinely made me laugh out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

if only there was a term for news that wasn't true :pac:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1279605407439220738
    US news
    Donald Trump did not say Operation Desert Storm took place in Vietnam, Snopes and CNN reporters confirm
    During his Independence Day address, US President Donald Trump listed a number of wars the nation has fought in, referencing the Vietnam War and the first Gulf War. Reporters from Snopes and CNN confirmed that a short clip from his speech being shared online is misleading because it has been edited in a way that makes it appear as though the president says Operation Desert Storm took place in Vietnam. A member of Trump’s campaign shared a longer clip from the speech to show the president listing the wars separately.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

While I'm not sure if the above is genuine or trolling, it does help to demonstrate the lengths that his core fanatics will go to in order to create their own reality for Trump. There's nothing he could do or nothing that could emerge that will allow them to turn from the chosen one. When his defeat comes, some of these core won't be able to accept it and depending on how Trump takes the defeat, there could be some level of violence from them as they vent their frustration for the loss of Trumps fantasy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement