Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

That is a dementia test.

There are 2 reasons to carry out that test - Either they think he has Dementia or they suspected he had a stroke.

Given that he said he took it "recently at Walter Reed" we may now have some inadvertent clarity on his infamous late night visit there in November.

He may have had a "turn" or some kind and they took him in for tests - ~If they were worried about a Stroke or some other similar event ,that test along with an MRI etc. would be fairly standard practice.

I see online that a lot of people are making the same connections and are beginning to ask questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

rossie1977 wrote: »
    The fact 33% of those questioned approve of Trump's handling of pandemic is frightening in itself..

They're here, present and posting on boards, never questioning the word of Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Trump derangement syndrome here is both hilarious and cringe inducing. Presidents do not have to release their tax returns and IMHO he is right not to as it would be a sign of capitulation.

No it would be a sign of him actually fulfilling one of his campaign promises. pre-campaign, even, and repeatedly vowed through the years.
    ollkiller wrote: »
    His response to the Covid 19 gets a 1 out of 10. The 1 being for stopping flights from China.

0.5/10: tens of thousands, if not more travelers still came back through from China after that order, a great deal many of whom encountered no obstacles clearing customs and heading home etc. without any interference to quarantine or be tested for so much as a fever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

duploelabs wrote: »
    They're here, present and posting on boards, never questioning the word of Trump

Who exactly? Vast majority seem to be anti Trump on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Just staggeringly dumb. Not even a little dumb. Mind alteringly f****ng idiotic. There's really nothing else to say about it at this point.

• Advertisement

I just really want to know why he seems so convinced that the main issue lies with the amount of testing they are doing. Does he honestly think that doing less testing actually reduces the number of people with the virus? Is that where we are with this president now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I just really want to know why he seems so convinced that the main issue lies with the amount of testing they are doing. Does he honestly think that doing less testing actually reduces the number of people with the virus? Is that where we are with this president now?

He's deflecting from the mortality rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PropJoe10 wrote:
    Does he honestly think that doing less testing actually reduces the number of people with the virus? Is that where we are with this president now?

Of course he doesn't believe that, I'd say there's a good chance he ll quit the election

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Just staggeringly dumb. Not even a little dumb. Mind alteringly f****ng idiotic. There's really nothing else to say about it at this point.

I can see a talk to text assistant type error there and I don't think Trump is one for rereading.

Admire the chutzpah of the doctor tellingTrump they were surprised he passed a dementia test

Given that he tweeted it I'm not surprised they were surprised. What a m0r0n.

He's deflecting from the mortality rate.

That's pointless next big one will be 150k, unless we get a new daily record before then.

• Advertisement

Admire the chutzpah of the doctor tellingTrump they were surprised he passed a dementia test

Dementia is the least of their worries, he clearly has npd

That's pointless next big one will be 150k, unless we get a new daily record before then.

He doesn't care, npd's simply don't care

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

they could reach that mark before the end of the july at the current rate

The fact 33% of those questioned approve of Trump's handling of pandemic is frightening in itself..

Stay away from the covid related treads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭threeball

Trump could conduct a genocide and the same 33% would back him to the hilt, probably increase to 40% if he was killing the right people.

Its actually very disturbing to watch, I'd love to see him being charged after all of this

Hopefully not, but I fear they will be well past it, given accelerating new cases for a while now, recent uptick in deaths and capacity issues in hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Its actually very disturbing to watch, I'd love to see him being charged after all of this

He'll be charged with things, but not that. SDNY is teed up, even with Barr coercing the prosecutor there to step down.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/fired-sdny-u-s-attorney-barr-told-me-to-resign-or-else-ruin-my-future-job-prospects/

Overheal wrote:
    He'll be charged with things, but not that. SDNY is teed up, even with Barr coercing the prosecutor there to step down.

You're probably right, but surely he's breaking laws now by openly admitting to requesting to reduce testing

It is difficult to know if charging him after leaving office is the right thing to do. Especially since the Senate voted not to sanction him after the impeachment. I think you'd need support across the political spectrum, or it could cause more strife than he is worth.

I'm glad Biden went on the record to say he wouldn't pardon him, though.

• Advertisement

It is difficult to know if charging him after leaving office is the right thing to do. Especially since the Senate voted not to sanction him after the impeachment. I think you'd need support across the political spectrum, or it could cause more strife than he is worth.

I'm glad Biden went on the record to say he wouldn't pardon him, though.

Biden cant pardon him for state charges. If he has committed offences he should be charged. Nobody should be above the law.

They really should do something about him, it's extremely disturbing to watch, they cannot allow this to happen again, he could do untold damage globally

Of course he doesn't believe that, I'd say there's a good chance he ll quit the election

If polling continues like this, it would not surprise me. I'd say he'd much rather quit ahead of the election with some random dumb excuse than be hammered by Biden at the polls. The Republicans would do well to have some sort of credible replacement lined up - some genuine conservative Republican that their base voters can get behind. Trump is not a Republican.

PropJoe10 wrote:
    If polling continues like this, it would not surprise me. I'd say he'd much rather quit ahead of the election with some random dumb excuse than be hammered by Biden at the polls. The Republicans would do well to have some sort of credible replacement lined up - some genuine conservative Republican that their base voters can get behind. Trump is not a Republican.

I think he's gonna quit, the country and it's economy will be wrecked after him

It could be Mitt Romneys time again. though i'm not sure all republicans still consider him a republican.

Would they have to rerun the whole election process again?

Would they have to rerun the whole election process again?

you mean rerun the primary? i dont see why. if trump pulls out they can just pick somebody else. not sure what would happen if he pulled out after it was too late to nominate somebody else.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Word is out that he's going to commute Stones sentence
    President Trump is expected to announce that he will commute Roger Stone’s sentence, just days before the longtime political operative is slated to report to prison to serve more than three years for charges stemming from former Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation, Fox News has learned.

Sources told Fox News Friday that the president could announce a commutation of Stone’s sentence as early as Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRtY6FrB1-JYLGq8xENi_1Cck3e7KOigF8ufg&usqp=CAU

And then you have De Blasio.

• Advertisement

Biden cant pardon him for state charges. If he has committed offences he should be charged. Nobody should be above the law.

Maybe, but sometimes it is wiser to let things slide, if there is no danger of reopening. The potential damage caused by his supporters and the damage to the pony politic have to be considered.

Remember he is still the president and was voted in by the people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement