Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Anyone see the stuff this guy tweets about Donald Trump?
    https://twitter.com/CaslerNoel

Is any of it true? How does he get away with saying this stuff?

If it wasn't true, don't you think the thin-skinned baby would have sued him long before now? Especially considering this guy is supposed to be behind the shield of an NDA?

He fires people at will if he feels slighted at all, if his ass isn't being kissed 24/7, if they dare to disagree with his point of view. He throws his toys out of the pram if a reporter asks him a perfectly reasonable question.

He sued Bill Maher for breach of contract after he jokingly agreed to pay 5M to charity if DT could produce a birth certificate that proved his mother hadn't mated with an OrangUtan FFS!

So you must then wonder why he isn't suing this guy up the wazoo? I think it's safe to say he doesn't want anyone digging too deep into his closet under the guise of a lawsuit.

Something to mull over: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/10/donald-trump-has-never-won-a-libel-case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And if he'd announced his support for Biden (or anyone else for that matter) before now he'd have been accused of trying to rig the Primary.

Of course he didn't officially say anything until now, just basic politics.

When was it again during the Primary season or campaign that any former GOP Presidents endorsed Trump ???
    No former republican president endorsed Trump, EVEN AFTER he won the GOP primary. Nor did any republican who ran against Obama in the general elections. The Bush's didn't support Trump and had the integrity to stick to their convictions throughout.

Anyone who actually believes Biden asked Obama not to endorse him is a fool.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Apparently The New York Times allowed the Biden campaign to edit a story they ran over the weekend detailing Tara Reade’s sexual assault allegations of Joe Biden when she was a staffer of his. Odd, I don’t remember them doing the same for Brett Kavanaugh… I must have missed it. Oh, wait, he was nominated for the SCOTUS by a republican president… silly me. The paper should be renamed The New York Slimes.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/new-york-times-allowed-biden-team-to-edit-story-on-sexual-assault-allegation/

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

notobtuse wrote: »
    Apparently The New York Times allowed the Biden campaign to edit a story they ran over the weekend detailing Tara Reade’s sexual assault allegations of Joe Biden when she was a staffer of his. Odd, I don’t remember them doing the same for Brett Kavanaugh… I must have missed it. Oh, wait, he was nominated for the SCOTUS by a republican president… silly me. The paper should be renamed The New York Slimes.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/new-york-times-allowed-biden-team-to-edit-story-on-sexual-assault-allegation/

They've made their bed now they must sleep in it. Should be interesting to see what happens here. Already has caused problems in the #metoo camp with Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Anyone who actually believes Biden asked Obama not to endorse him is a fool.

Who ever said anything of the sort?

I have no doubt that the message from the Obama camp to ALL candidates running in the primaries was the same.

Something along the lines of

"I will not be making any announcements of support or endorsement to any candidate during the primary , however rest assured the eventual winner will have my complete and total support during the Presidential election campaign - Best of luck and may the best person win"

Obama was never going to endorse anyone until the choice was made - Anything else would have been silly.

Endorse someone early and he gets accused of trying to influence the result and if the candidate he endorsed didn't go on to win , he'd have an impossible job to make a convincing surrogate for the actual winner , thereby removing himself from the part of the process that actually matters - The Election campaign.

To quote yourself - Anyone who actually believes it was ever going to be any different is a fool.

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    They've made their bed now they must sleep in it. Should be interesting to see what happens here. Already has caused problems in the #metoo camp with Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan.

Yeah, our mainstream media and the Hollywood elite really have no shame. When it's a Republican being accused its believe all women and due presses be damned... and front page news for months. When it's a Democrat accused due process must trump a women's "claims"... and when finally forced to talk about it it's buried on page A20. Trust me, next time a Republican is accused it will be back to believe all women, no matter what, and will again dominate the news 24/7. There's a saying here... With Democrats history starts today.

Who ever said anything of the sort?

I have no doubt that the message from the Obama camp to ALL candidates running in the primaries was the same.

Something along the lines of

"I will not be making any announcements of support or endorsement to any candidate during the primary , however rest assured the eventual winner will have my complete and total support during the Presidential election campaign - Best of luck and may the best person win"

Obama was never going to endorse anyone until the choice was made - Anything else would have been silly.

Endorse someone early and he gets accused of trying to influence the result and if the candidate he endorsed didn't go on to win , he'd have an impossible job to make a convincing surrogate for the actual winner , thereby removing himself from the part of the process that actually matters - The Election campaign.

To quote yourself - Anyone who actually believes it was ever going to be any different is a fool.

To be anything else would have been loyalty or integrity. Obama has neither. He's a diehard Chicago politician through and through. Unfortunately not all of them have gone to prison... just most.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

what a source! from the same media outlet that claimed Ilhan Omar gave Iran military intel on how to attack Trump hotels. I am guessing Alex Jones has a few stories too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

To be anything else would have been loyalty or integrity. Obama has neither. He's a diehard Chicago politician through and through. Unfortunately not all of them have gone to prison... just most.

The irony of a Trump supporter claiming any former president lacks loyalty or integrity. These guys are so blind ignorant its hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

kilns wrote: »
    The irony of a Trump supporter claiming any former president lacks loyalty or integrity. These guys are so blind ignorant its hilarious

I wouldn't give much credence to anything coming from that poster. I have outlined how their posts have been let's say "less than honest" when it comes to issues they pretend to care about, and their response to it - to slink away for a few days and avoid responding like the 'brave man' they accuse Obama of being - pretty much affirms it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113124184

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113152478&postcount=853

It's a peculiarly consistent trait of almost every follower of donald Trump in this website, it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

How many infowars personalities would I need to follow to have this sort of thing show up in my social media feed?

what a source! from the same media outlet that claimed Ilhan Omar gave Iran military intel on how to attack Trump hotels. I am guessing Alex Jones has a few stories too
    As usual this poster only attacks the source not the material. How lazy!

So Obama is no different than Trump? I disagree. Although he acts like a dumbass at times if Trump doesn’t like someone or feel they aren't doing their job right he fires them. If he can’t fire them he lambastes them in public. He’s a businessman, not a Chicago politician. More integrity than Obama who operated covertly in his constituents and democrats interest over the people, I’d say.

I think I know why it took months for Obama to endorse Biden. It took all that time practicing with a straight face to make that endorsement. Not an easy task.

Obama said Biden would bring ‘leadership guided by knowledge and experience, honesty and humility, empathy and grace’ to the Capital. He also he mentioned honesty and humility. How did he not crack a smile?

Remember Biden struggling to get through the opening of the Declaration of Independence… ‘You know, the thing.’ Remember his many acts of plagiarism. He has been on the wrong side history regarding foreign affairs his entire career. Biden has a habit of bragging about everything he’s done (and not done) like getting Ukrainian prosecutor investigating his son fired. He also gives himself credit for writing the Patriot Act… nobody told me he wrote the Patriot Act (I’m surprised he hasn’t taken credit for inventing the internet… Oh, wait, VP Al Gore did that). Obama put him in charge of the recovery after he took office and he oversaw the most anemic recovery in American history. What has Biden ever actually got done, except enriching himself and his family from his political positions through shady dealings, some of which were with opponents of the US like China? And most recently when Trump put an end to flights from China on January 31, which was probably Biden slammed Trump’s move as fear-mongering and xenophobic. What a guy (maintaining a straight face).

LOL. So yeah, Obama could received an Academy Award for that performance.

How many infowars personalities would I need to follow to have this sort of thing show up in my social media feed?
    Don't know as I never read infowars. But I'll wager a guess... about the same amount as on The New York Times staff, only in reverse.

I wouldn't give much credence to anything coming from that poster. I have outlined how their posts have been let's say "less than honest" when it comes to issues they pretend to care about, and their response to it - to slink away for a few days and avoid responding like the 'brave man' they accuse Obama of being - pretty much affirms it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=113124184

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113152478&postcount=853

It's a peculiarly consistent trait of almost every follower of donald Trump in this website, it seems.

So I don't log in for a couple of days. Yes, I'm guilty of having a life. Should I expect to be tarred and feathered?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So I don't log in for a couple of days. Yes, I'm guilty of having a life. Should I expect to be tarred and feathered?

Your absence doesn't preclude you from honesty

Go ahead and be a big brave boy then - respond to the post to refute what was said, unless you agree that I said in them was completely accurate.

As usual this poster only attacks the source not the material. How lazy!
    Yeah, about that. I would say you lack any self awareness at all, but in truth you know exactly what you are up to.

These are yours from the last 5 weeks alone.
    Yeah, our mainstream media and the Hollywood elite really have no shame.
    Gotta love our democrat controlled media handmaidens... sometimes mistakenly referred to as "journalists."
    the democrat media handmaidens.
    tired of the media lies,
    The biased media
    he and his media handmaidens
    One has to laugh at our biased media’s Orange Man Bad Disease and their coronavirus blame game.
    Are you part of our biased media or just another poster living in Boggles Bubble?
    Did anyone a short number of years ago ever believe a republican president would have the cajones to take on the corrupt media for their outright bias, lies, and agenda driven reporting?
    Democrats and the majority of the media just choose to ignore it.
    Here I’d lay blame on the shoulders of the democrats and their media handmaidens
    Time to turn off the Trump hating MSNBC & CNN.
    Democrats and their media handmaidens
    Of course our mainstream media will provide cover for Biden’s lies. That’s their job as mere handmaidens of the democrat party.
    Sadly, I don’t have much hopes for the media to report honestly.
    the democrat’s media handmaidens

Go ahead and be a big brave boy then - respond to the post to refute what was said, unless you agree that I said in them was completely accurate.
    Okay I’ll play along with your rant…

Do you want people to be able to vote ven though Trump has said on a number of occasions that republicans cannot win when everyone gets to vote? Yes, with integrity and not in a manner rife for abuse.

Do you want to see less fraud in elections even thigh the republicans are the ones at it, meaning it would harm their chances to hold these fairly? It’s mostly Democrats who have been guilty of voter fraud. Why do you think they oppose Voter Id laws?

Do you want your elections to be secure from interference, even though the republican party don't? I disagree the republican party doesn’t want interference if elections, and Voter ID laws would help to avoid that.

Yeah, about that. I would say you lack any self awareness at all, but in truth you know exactly what you are up to.

These are yours from the last 5 weeks alone.
    My, you've been quite the stalker. I see selective quoting at its best. I usually give the reasons for those statements. Other times the truth is self-evident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

My, you've been quite the stalker. I see selective quoting at its best. I usually give the reasons for those statements. Other times the truth is self-evident.

But what I was actually saying was, just the same excuses used to defend the big orange daddy

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Okay I’ll play along with your rant…

Do you want people to be able to vote ven though Trump has said on a number of occasions that republicans cannot win when everyone gets to vote? Yes, with integrity and not in a manner rife for abuse.

Do you want to see less fraud in elections even thigh the republicans are the ones at it, meaning it would harm their chances to hold these fairly? It’s mostly Democrats who have been guilty of voter fraud. Why do you think they oppose Voter Id laws?

Do you want your elections to be secure from interference, even though the republican party don't? I disagree the republican party doesn’t want interference if elections, and Voter ID laws would help to avoid that.

Absolutely categorically false.

For a start , instances of verifiable Election fraud are rarer than hens teeth , so no group anywhere has "mostly been guilty of voter fraud".

I'm not talking about single isolated instances where someone was found to have voted when they weren't entitled - I am aware of a few cases where someone thought they were eligible and voted in good faith , but it turned out that for a variety of reasons they were not eligible .

I'm talking about ANY example of organised attempts at large scale impactful election fraud (ballot stuffing , Impersonation etc.), the ONLY recent example of an organised attempt at Election fraud was by a Republican operative resulting in the election having to be run again - Georgia Congressional election if I remember correctly.

Hundreds of Millions of mail in votes have been cast cumulatively over the last 20 years with no measurable instances of voter fraud.

There are multiple states , Republican and Democrat controlled alike (about a dozen I think) that primarily vote by mail and have done for decades and no one has ever found anything wrong with their results.

The GOP obsession with Vote Integrity is a solution looking for a problem and always has been.

duploelabs wrote: »
    But what I was actually saying was, just the same excuses used to defend the big orange daddy
    Sadly there are times when the Orange Man Bad truths need defending against a biased and lying media and select Democrats. You wouldn't think that would be necessary, but sadly in this day and age TDS severely affects the mind of the weak. Now don't get me wrong, the media should scrutinize what Trump does, but to automatically go against EVERYTHING he says and does is nothing more than simple hatred.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sadly there are times when the Orange Man Bad truths need defending against a biased and lying media and select Democrats. You wouldn't think that would be necessary, but sadly in this day and age TDS severely affects the mind of the weak. Now don't get me wrong, the media should scrutinize what Trump does, but to automatically go against EVERYTHING he says and does is nothing more than simple hatred.

More of the same nonsense over and over and over. Do you not get bored of parroting the same lines no?

Absolutely categorically false.

For a start , instances of verifiable Election fraud are rarer than hens teeth , so no group anywhere has "mostly been guilty of voter fraud".

I'm not talking about single isolated instances where someone was found to have voted when they weren't entitled - I am aware of a few cases where someone thought they were eligible and voted in good faith , but it turned out that for a variety of reasons they were not eligible .

I'm talking about ANY example of organised attempts at large scale impactful election fraud (ballot stuffing , Impersonation etc.), the ONLY recent example of an organised attempt at Election fraud was by a Republican operative resulting in the election having to be run again - Georgia Congressional election if I remember correctly.

Hundreds of Millions of mail in votes have been cast cumulatively over the last 20 years with no measurable instances of voter fraud.

There are multiple states , Republican and Democrat controlled alike (about a dozen I think) that primarily vote by mail and have done for decades and no one has ever found anything wrong with their results.

The GOP obsession with Vote Integrity is a solution looking for a problem and always has been.
    Wrong!. Democrats are more guilty of election fraud than Republicans. Do some sampling:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-voterfraudcases.pdf

And yes we’ve done mail in voting but it has been minimal... why? Because it rife for election fraud. Yet that is exactly what Nancy Pelosi tried to get into the coronavirus bill. A mechanism easily exploited by political operatives.

https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/avenues-voter-fraud-have-no-place-coronavirus-bill

Voting is our most sacred right and obligation. We should do everything we can to ensure its integrity, not diminish it. Ask yourself... Why do Democrats always want to diminish the integrity of our elections? If you where honest you know the answer.

MadYaker wrote: »
    More of the same nonsense over and over and over. Do you not get bored of parroting the same lines no?
    The truth sometimes hurts, I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The left are very good at that. Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You can predict the reaction on news media in the US, not by the content, but by it being prefaced with "Trump said" etc.

The likes of CNN, NBC, Maddow etc are at it ad nauseum.
    The left in the US seems to have this attitude that everyone who doesnt agree with their liberal views (read, agree with us or you're wrong) is deserving of condescension and derision. They were wrong in '16 and they will be wrong in '20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I don't like how anyone who defends anything that Trump does gets inferred as a Trump supporter etc..It's clearly a tactic to shut people up.

Those people will either leave the discussion or decided to roll with it and start trolling people by saying 'I love trump' etc..

It's this new culture of knowing other people's intentions. Its quite revolting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So Obama is no different than Trump? I disagree. Although he acts like a dumbass at times if Trump doesn’t like someone or feel they aren't doing their job right he fires them. If he can’t fire them he lambastes them in public. He’s a businessman, not a Chicago politician. More integrity than Obama who operated covertly in his constituents and democrats interest over the people, I’d say.

I think I know why it took months for Obama to endorse Biden. It took all that time practicing with a straight face to make that endorsement. Not an easy task.

Obama said Biden would bring ‘leadership guided by knowledge and experience, honesty and humility, empathy and grace’ to the Capital. He also he mentioned honesty and humility. How did he not crack a smile?

Remember Biden struggling to get through the opening of the Declaration of Independence… ‘You know, the thing.’ Remember his many acts of plagiarism. He has been on the wrong side history regarding foreign affairs his entire career. Biden has a habit of bragging about everything he’s done (and not done) like getting Ukrainian prosecutor investigating his son fired. He also gives himself credit for writing the Patriot Act… nobody told me he wrote the Patriot Act (I’m surprised he hasn’t taken credit for inventing the internet… Oh, wait, VP Al Gore did that). Obama put him in charge of the recovery after he took office and he oversaw the most anemic recovery in American history. What has Biden ever actually got done, except enriching himself and his family from his political positions through shady dealings, some of which were with opponents of the US like China? And most recently when Trump put an end to flights from China on January 31, which was probably Biden slammed Trump’s move as fear-mongering and xenophobic. What a guy (maintaining a straight face).

LOL. So yeah, Obama could received an Academy Award for that performance.

You have literally just described Trump!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement