Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dont be surprised if Biden doesn't debate Trump - either because he is not the nominee or he uses some bs excuse to get out of it. "I'll debate you only if you release your tax returns" etc etc. Trump would win every debate with him easily.

do you not get tired of repeating yourself?

If he didn't inherit his Daddy's money, do you think he would have had the intelligence to succeed (using that term loosely) in business or been President? He'd be a dodgy used car salesman more like.

i read a comparison recently between him and Don King. It said that if they were swapped at birth Trump would be a corrupt boxing promoter and King would be a corrupt president

Eod100 wrote: »
    News that won't surprise anyone. Trump has pardoned Roger Stone apparently https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1281737047150125056

that is 35 pardons for trump in his term. 31 of them are people connected to him via criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Even the "great" Obama ALWAYS had a teleprompter.

At least Obama was able to read his teleprompter properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well that's not exactly true is it? He said he would debate the democrats nominee & as far as I remember, he debated Hillary a number of times. Why waste time debating Sanders? Sanders had nothing to do with the presidential race at that stage.

No, it’s exactly true:

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-36401179

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

that is 35 pardons for trump in his term. 31 of them are people connected to him via criminality.

I wonder will Biden commit to end this ridiculous practice of pardoning criminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trump: "MAGA"

Dr. Anthony Fauci: "I don’t think you can say we’re doing Great. I mean, we’re just not"

• Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Trump: "MAGA"

Dr. Anthony Fauci: "I don’t think you can say we’re doing Great. I mean, we’re just not"

trump is doing great, hes the greatest in fact, everybody else is failing though

I wonder will Biden commit to end this ridiculous practice of pardoning criminals.

Pardoning isn't the worst thing imho but doing so for personal interest as Trump is doing should be off limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I wonder will Stone be recruited straight into the Trump campaign now or moreso act in the background running his dirty tricks. Be interesting to know if the FBI are tapping his phone & computer in the expectation of more collusion with Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I wonder will Stone be recruited straight into the Trump campaign now or moreso act in the background running his dirty tricks. Be interesting to know if the FBI are tapping his phone & computer in the expectation of more collusion with Russia.

id say tapping is very common with high level politicians anyway, id say its all recorded

• Registered Users Posts: 83,509 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

https://twitter.com/samster199/status/1280662498388008960?s=21

Trump campaigns latest attack ad is beyond repugnant and reeks of desperation. Nevermind that Bidens platform has been categorically against defunding of police. But this is fearmongering like we never even saw even under the Bush Administration. ‘Joe is going to get you raped!’

Nevermind the over the top imagery of Trumps top half of his face fading over a bunch of flames the same way you’d see the villain portrayed in a movie poster. He approved this? “Oh yes, people will vote for me imitating Satan?”

edit: oh, it is actually Biden - but as fast as it flashes in the ad you'd have to look close to discern it

Joe-Biden-Trump-ad-432x243.jpg

Very uh, very weird subject to try and gaslight when you have a pending rape case in front of you that you are fighting tooth and nail against cooperate with. This will come back to haunt him now of course, given that Trumps legal defense in the Trump v Carrol court battle has to date relied on asserting *absolute* immunity, which SCOTUS skewered this week in Trump v Vance.

i'm sure he will end the ridiculous practice of pardoning people who can give evidence against the president

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I guess you have forgot the last election cycle, when Trump was debating Clinton and success for him was gauged by not f**king too much or losing too badly.

Now he is up against his record of failures in office and a candidate that is actually likable.

No way on earth he is coming out of the debates winning.

He wiped the floor with Hillary in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

i'm sure he will end the ridiculous practice of pardoning people who can give evidence against the president

So he's not going to end the practice I take it?

Ending the practice would prevent future presidents doing this sort of stuff.

I presume not a peep out of the opposition in America about the principle of the practice. Joke as always for Americans.

If he didn't inherit his Daddy's money, do you think he would have had the intelligence to succeed (using that term loosely) in business or been President? He'd be a dodgy used car salesman more like.

AFAIK, he inherited 1 million dollars. Most people who inherit a sum like that end up p1ssing it up against the wall. Trump turned it into several billion dollars. That was no accident. I would imagine inheriting his fathers genes and business acumen was more important than any amount of cash he might have received.

I propose a wager.

If Trump wins I will come on here and declare him to be a stable genius, if he loses you come on here and declare him as thick as two short planks.

I'll take you up on that. See you the the 4th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

He wiped the floor with Hillary in fairness

Did you watch those debates, and if so what areas do you particularly find he did so?

I remember seeing a 70 year old man lumbering creepily around stage and giving us the classic "no puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet!" ramble, as well as sniffling like he had just done another bag with Epstein during one of them in particular. But I don't remember where he "wiped the floor" with anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

AFAIK, he inherited 1 million dollars. Most people who inherit a sum like that end up p1ssing it up against the wall. Trump turned it into several billion dollars. That was no accident. I would imagine inheriting his fathers genes and business acumen was more important than any amount of cash he might have received.

So he claims, the truth is no one knows how much he is worth because he refuses to release his tax details, i wonder why that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/self-made-trump-was-given-413m-in-today-s-money-by-father-1.3650068

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    At least Obama was able to read his teleprompter properly.

He was also well able to risk nuclear war with North Korea. How has president Trump done with North Korea?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

He was also well able to risk nuclear war with North Korea. How has president Trump done with North Korea?

Terrible. He was played like a fish.

So he claims, the truth is no one knows how much he is worth because he refuses to release his tax details, i wonder why that is?

If someone has a portfolio like Donal Trump, I'm not sure there's any need to see their tax returns to gauge that they are worth several billion. Ever been to Trump tower? What about Doonbeg golf course?

Terrible. He was played like a fish.

Na, the electorate disagree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If someone has a portfolio like Donal Trump, I'm not sure there's any need to see their tax returns to gauge that they are worth several billion. Ever been to Trump tower? What about Doonbeg golf course?

How much debt is he in?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Na, the electorate disagree with you.

Wtf? What has that got to do with US-North Korean relations?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes and yes

Trump tower is an eyesore, about 80% is coloured gold and it just oozes tackiness.

Doonbeg is a mediocre course, the 13th is a tricky bugger to play but I've been on much better courses.

Why do you think Trump continues to fight to keep his taxes private? What does he have to hide?

$1mn vs $400mn+ and the gigantic family business worth hundreds of millions more, sure what's the difference? https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/10/02/us/politics/donald-trump-tax-schemes-fred-trump.html?mtrref=t.co&auth=login-email&mtrref=qz-com.cdn.ampproject.org&gwh=EC8D408362E51F6C9C58DCEEEE108DAC&gwt=pay&assetType=REGIWALL

Most estimates have him at 3-4 times ricer if he had just put the money he had just inherited into index stock funds (and even that's assuming his wealth claims aren't 'bigly' exaggerated), which is a pretty good indicator of how badly he has done with much of his inheritance from daddy. There's a reason he has gone bankrupt so many times and that US banks haven't been willing to touch him with a barge pole for years.

How has president Trump done with North Korea?

Risked nuclear war. Repeatedly.

• Advertisement

Risked nuclear war. Repeatedly.

Well now, this is just head in the sand territory here. Trump is the first president to set foot in North Korea whom have really quietened down since 2016 whereas all throughout Obama's administration Kim was flexing his muscles big time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement