Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Overheal wrote: »
    Her sentence was commuted because she was a high suicide risk, among other things. She also served 6 years in incarceration, whereas Stone served none.

Any more flaccid deflections?

So you agree with the principle of presidents pardoning convicted criminals?

I don't want to personalise it..but it would seem strange given we don't have such a system here I believe.

This pardoning rubbish must sound bizarre to us.

no, the anger should directed at the person abusing the process.

The system needs to change is the point. The opposition not willing to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,501 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So you agree with the principle of presidents pardoning convicted criminals?

I don't want to personalise it..but it would seem strange given we don't have such a system here I believe.

This pardoning rubbish must sound bizarre to us.

Of course it's an Article II authority:

"[...] he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

It's just insanity to do so to do so to bail out your co-conspirators.

Of course it's an Article II authority:

"[...] he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment."

It's just insanity to do so to do so to bail out your co-conspirators.

To Irish this is bizarre. I meant in Ireland.

To Irish this is bizarre. I meant in Ireland.

Well, get used to it, it's been in our Constitution since 1776...

• Advertisement

Her sentence was commuted because she was a high suicide risk, among other things. She also served 6 years in incarceration, whereas Stone served none.

Also her and Obama weren't ever working together while she broke the law... This case is simply getting your friends off, possibly because they have dirt on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Also her and Obama weren't ever working together while she broke the law... This case is simply getting your friends off, possibly because they have dirt on you.

Oh stone definitely has dirt on him. He made that clear.

Well, get used to it, it's been in our Constitution since 1776...

So the oppostions supports this madness? Grand.

Both parties the same.

Both parties the same.

Not.

Both parties the same.

you seem to go down this road that using a process legitimately and using it illegitimately is exactly the same. which is just bizarre.

• Advertisement

The only pardon/commutation even close to this example was when George H.W. Bush pardoned 6 conspirators, former administration officials, for the Iran-Contra affair. GHWB was also in that case, criminally implicated.

It should be noted, however, that he was a one term President, and had the good sense to wait until after his failed election to do it.

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/mitt-romney-slammed-and-corrected-after-falsely-claiming-roger-stone-commutation-was-unprecedented/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Thanks, in future you should always share your sources instead of having to be repeatedly asked. I also recommend avoiding Wikipedia - for obvious reasons it always needs to be double checked which is a pain in the a55 in a debate.

Well I guess it's a good thing then that the link provided appears to have linked to all of its info and sources in the reference part at the bottom of the page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_Korean_missile_tests#References

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

The only pardon/commutation even close to this example was when George H.W. Bush pardoned 6 conspirators, former administration officials, for the Iran-Contra affair. GHWB was also in that case, criminally implicated.

It should be noted, however, that he was a one term President, and had the good sense to wait until after his failed election to do it.

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/mitt-romney-slammed-and-corrected-after-falsely-claiming-roger-stone-commutation-was-unprecedented/

william barr. that name keeps cropping up.

jamule wrote: »
    william barr. that name keeps cropping up.

His AG who replaced Jeff Sessions. He's crooked as a vine.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/02/16/william-barr-doj-alumnus-call-ag-resign/4779721002/

There are over 2,000 former DOJ officials who have signed on to a call for his resignation for acting as Trump's personal defense lawyer, that is not the role of the AG.

Tucker Carlson lead writer and Daily Caller writer Blake Neff hastily resigned in shame this weekend went he was outed as an infamous racist troll online

In a comment just this week, Neff replied to a thread on the message board AutoAdmit as username CharlesXII with the subject line, “Would u let a JET BLACK congo n****er do lasik eye surgery on u for 50% off?” by commenting, “I wouldn’t get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no.”
    In 2015, Neff started a thread on AutoAdmit mocking a woman, with whom he was friends on Facebook and whom he described as an "Azn megashrew," sharing posts she had written about her dating life. He has continued to post to the thread and mock the woman, whom CNN Business is not identifying, as recently as late last month. In his first post in 2015 starting the years-long thread, he explained that "through circumstances" he couldn't "quite recall," he became Facebook friends with the woman and thought her posts about dating were amusing.

"So, I thought I'd post them," Neff wrote. "I won't put up a pic but it's probably relevant to say that she's a slightly overweight Azn woman who is in her mid-30s and definitely looks it."

Through the years, the thread has generated nearly 1,000 comments — many of which used vulgar racist, sexist, and dehumanizing language to mock the woman. Neff also said he did not want other posters to harass her, but did not stop them from identifying her and posting links to her account. He also posted some photos from her account that did not show her face and continued posting about her dating life for years after the other posters had identified her.

Reached for comment, the woman told CNN Business, "When I was recently made aware of Blake's posts about me on racist websites, I was overcome with disappointment which eventually mixed with bewilderment that he spent years dedicated to creating a false narrative based on my satirical writing about my life. The nature of online media is that your identity, while nominally under your control, is vulnerable to being misused. Any public figure can attest to this problem."

In March 2020, Neff started another lengthy thread mocking a separate woman with whom he was connected on social media. The woman had posted about freezing her eggs, and Neff apparently found that worth deriding in the AutoAdmit forum. He began posting about her in March of this year, in a thread he titled "Disaster: WuFlu outbreak endangers aging shrew's quest to freeze eggs." Neff posted to the thread, which racked up dozens of comments as users ridicule the woman, as recently as June 28.

On the forum, Neff has also expressed bigoted views. In 2014, he joked about "foodie f*****s." And in the same year, he started a thread titled, "Urban business idea: He Didn't Do Muffin!" He joked one item could be, "Sandra Bland's Sugar-free Shortbreads!" In August 2019, a user started a thread titled, "We should just buy Canada and kick the Canadians out." Neff commented, "Okay but what do we do with the millions of Chinese people."

More recently, in February 2020, Neff called Mormonism "an inherently cucky religion." On June 5, a user on the forum commented in a thread, "Didn't Michael Brown rob a store and attack a police officer? And wasn't [George Floyd] a piece of **** with a long criminal record? Jfc libs." Another person commented, "It doesn't matter to these people." Neff then replied, "It does. The violent criminals are even MORE heroic." On June 16, a user started a separate thread about a video showing a Black man assaulting an elderly white woman in New York. Neff commented on the thread, "And to think, if this guy got killed in some freak incident while being arrested, we'd have to endure at least three funerals in his honor."

On the Fourth of July, Neff started a thread in which he jokingly "rated" members of the community using images from a 1990s video game from the makers of "Oregon Trail" that was pulled from the market due to its racist depictions of slaves. In the game, users play as slaves trying to break free and escape north. Neff assigned users on the forum images from the game, many of which depicted Black slaves using racist stereotypes. For instance, Neff assigned one user an image of a slave catcher, to which the user replied "[thank you] massa Charles for dis."

On May 27, Neff wrote that Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley, and Rashida Tlaib — known collectively as "The Squad" — want to "MAKE YOUR COUNTRY A DUMPING GROUND FOR PEOPLE FROM THIRD WORLD ****HOLES." Responding to a thread on June 27 about whether "whites fear what's going to happen to them in 10-20 yrs," Neff wrote that he has "no plans to stay" in the country "that long." In December 2019, he said that "once Democrats have the majorities to go full F**K WHITEY, things are going to get really wacky really quickly." He argued at the time that there is a "large minority of whites who are fully supportive of a F**k Whitey agenda" and that "there's a suicidal impulse to Western peoples that honestly feels almost biological in origin."

When not making his own bigoted comments, Neff has shown a willingness to respond to others who were, without expressing any hesitation, much less disgust, about what they've said. For instance, in 2016 he replied to a thread with the title, "Mary Poppins getting raped by a pack of wild ni***rs at the park; kids watching." That same year, he commented on a thread titled, "DIKES get wrong CUM at CUMBANK. N****R pops out." Just last month, Neff replied to a comment on the thread that said, "And the n**s are always honor students or some bull****." (The language on both posts was not censored on the forum.)

Tucker also credits Neff as a vital contributor to his books and other works. He's already had an exodus of advertisers for earlier remarks fearmongering about BLM and I don't think they will be back soon.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/media/tucker-carlson-writer-blake-neff/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

EcWF5_TWoAAUJYu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Oh stone definitely has dirt on him. He made that clear.

Have you a link to this claim?

What other things specifically?

Have you a link to this claim?

statements that stone made the day before his sentence was commuted. feel free to look them up. i'm sure you are actually interested in what he said.

• Advertisement

statements that stone made the day before his sentence was commuted. feel free to look them up. i'm sure you are actually interested in what he said.

Cant find it. Can you link your source please?

Cant find it. Can you link your source please?

look harder.

look harder.

What your saying is, you have absolutely no proof of your assertion. I can only assume you made it up to further your agenda.

What your saying is, you have absolutely no proof of your assertion. I can only assume you made it up to further your agenda.

assume what you like kiddo. nobody cares what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

It took me 12 seconds to find this, and that's because my internet is pretty slow

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/us/politics/trump-roger-stone-clemency.html

As his time to report to prison neared, Mr. Stone openly lobbied for clemency, maintaining that he could die in prison and emphasizing that he had stayed loyal to the president rather than help investigators.

“He knows I was under enormous pressure to turn on him,” Mr. Stone told the journalist Howard Fineman on Friday shortly before the announcement. “It would have eased my situation considerably. But I didn’t.”

KiKi III wrote: »
    It took me 12 seconds to find this, and that's because my internet is pretty slow

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/us/politics/trump-roger-stone-clemency.html

ohnonotgmail said:

"Oh stone definitely has dirt on him. He made that clear."

I asked ohnonotgmail several times for a source, which has as of yet, not been furnished. The link you provided does not back up ohnonotgmail's assertion. It is not clear at all from your link that Stone has "dirt" on Trump. It is completely ambiguous. I cannot find anything concrete to confirm ohnonotgmail's claims. Until something concrete is provided I have to assume ohnonotgmail is mistaken.

ohnonotgmail said:

"Oh stone definitely has dirt on him. He made that clear."

I asked ohnonotgmail several times for a source, which has as of yet, not been furnished. The link you provided does not back up ohnonotgmail's assertion. It is not clear at all from your link that Stone has "dirt" on Trump. It is completely ambiguous. I cannot find anything concrete to confirm ohnonotgmail's claims. Until something concrete is provided I have to assume ohnonotgmail is mistaken.

I think this is why ohnonotgmail couldn't be bothered finding the link for you - because even when it's there in black and white you refuse to believe it. Stone made it very clear in that statement he has dirt on Trump, and if you can't or won't see that, it's on you.

KiKi III wrote: »
    I think this is why ohnonotgmail couldn't be bothered finding the link for you - because even when it's there in black and white you refuse to believe it. Stone made it very clear in that statement he has dirt on Trump, and if you can't or won't see that, it's on you.

New York Times is not exactly unbiased. That being said, there is nothing in the article that back up the claim that Stone "made it clear" he has dirt on Trump. The whole Russia collusion case is long since disproven, how could Stone have "dirt" on Trump over an accusation that has been proven false?

New York Times is not exactly unbiased.

It's been widely reported across multiple media outlets. Here's the Twitter feed of the NBC journalist Stone gave the interview to:

https://twitter.com/howardfineman/status/1281681337351626752

New York Times is not exactly unbiased.
    That being said, there is nothing in the article that back up the claim that Stone "made it clear" he has dirt on Trump.[/QUOTE]

Stone says he was under enormous pressure to turn on Trump, and that it would have made his life a lot easier to do so. Very, very clear indication he has the dirt. Any idiot could see that, but not a Trump supporter.

The whole Russia collusion case is long since disproven, how could Stone have "dirt" on Trump over an accusation that has been proven false?¸

Now you're just being silly. Do you get all your news from Donald Trump's Twitter feed?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53379593

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Is he the poster who asked for evidence once on one of these threads and when it was posted they admitted to not reading the evidence and said they only asked for it to waste another pisters time?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement