Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

Is he the poster who asked for evidence once on one of these threads and when it was posted they admitted to not reading the evidence and said they only asked for it to waste another pisters time?

No thats a different idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is he the poster who asked for evidence once on one of these threads and when it was posted they admitted to not reading the evidence and said they only asked for it to waste another pisters time?

Different username, could be the same spa though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Could be the same person under a different moniker but I believe that was a different person. Same class of poster, but a different username.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

KiKi III wrote: »
    It's been widely reported across multiple media outlets. Here's the Twitter feed of the NBC journalist Stone gave the interview to:

https://twitter.com/howardfineman/status/1281681337351626752

That being said, there is nothing in the article that back up the claim that Stone "made it clear" he has dirt on Trump.

Stone says he was under enormous pressure to turn on Trump, and that it would have made his life a lot easier to do so. Very, very clear indication he has the dirt. Any idiot could see that, but not a Trump supporter.

Now you're just being silly. Do you get all your news from Donald Trump's Twitter feed?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53379593[/QUOTE]

I like the way Stone implies through that, that Trump is guilty. How else would he be able to ''turn on him'' otherwise?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Eod100 wrote: »
    How else would he be able to ''turn on him'' otherwise?!

Well he could lie. He could say Trump was involved with Russia even though its clearly not true. People lie in plea-bargains all the time. The whole investigation was centered around pinning falsehoods on an innocent man in a desperate power grab. These people are demonic.

• Advertisement

Well he could lie. He could say Trump was involved with Russia even though its clearly not true. People lie in plea-bargains all the time. The whole investigation was centered around pinning falsehoods on an innocent man in a desperate power grab. These people are demonic.

How do you know that? Seeing as you're so keen on people backing up their statements with sources, can you share a source to educate us?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,795 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yes he could. But they're hardly going to agree a plea bargain if he can't bring any corroboration or evidence to the table. Trump should have been impeached but hopefully people in US see sense and vote him out in November. Trump gets to golf as much as he wants and US might get competent president. It's a win win.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    How do you know that? Seeing as you're so keen on people backing up their statements with sources, can you share a source to educate us?

Are you serious? The dogs on the street know the conclusion of the Mueller "investigation"

"the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Counsel_investigation_(2017%E2%80%932019)

*Note Wikipedia used as a source for reasons of irony

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yes he could. But they're hardly going to agree a plea bargain if he can't bring any corroboration or evidence to the table. Trump should have been impeached but hopefully people in US see sense and vote him out in November. Trump gets to golf as much as he wants and US might get competent president. It's a win win.

Agreed. My point being it is not "clear" he has dirt. His statements are ambiguous. The fact that president Trump hasnt been charged with anything would suggest there has been no wrong doing

Are you serious? The dogs on the street know the conclusion of the Mueller "investigation"

"the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Counsel_investigation_(2017%E2%80%932019)

The same Mueller investigation that was cut short and wound up by AG William Barr?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Overheal wrote: »
    Tucker Carlson lead writer and Daily Caller writer Blake Neff hastily resigned in shame this weekend went he was outed as an infamous racist troll online

In a comment just this week, Neff replied to a thread on the message board AutoAdmit as username CharlesXII with the subject line, “Would u let a JET BLACK congo n****er do lasik eye surgery on u for 50% off?” by commenting, “I wouldn’t get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no.”

Tucker also credits Neff as a vital contributor to his books and other works. He's already had an exodus of advertisers for earlier remarks fearmongering about BLM and I don't think they will be back soon.

I'm shocked that he has resigned. "Standing up to cancel culture, not giving in " etc.. etc..' is what Carlson professes the most and he's recently been pulling in the best news show ratings ever seen. His show have promised a response on Monday evening which I eagerly await. I doubt there is anything they could do to save themselves here. Had he not resigned I would have more respect.

I don't find anything too objectionable in what he has posted. The most offensive content being the thread titles which are repeated ad nauseum to associate guilt to him somehow.

Look at this thread title or 'subject line': "2020 US presidential Election(Aka: Trump Coronation)" If someone found out you had hundreds of posts in such a thread without checking the context of what you were writing they might think you were a far right troll etc..

2u2me wrote: »
    I'm shocked that he has resigned. "Standing up to cancel culture, not giving in " etc.. etc..' is what Carlson professes the most and he's recently been pulling in the best news show ratings ever seen. His show have promised a response on Monday evening which I eagerly await. I doubt there is anything they could do to save themselves here. Had he not resigned I would have more respect.

I don't find anything too objectionable in what he has posted. The most offensive content being the thread titles which are repeated ad nauseum to associate guilt to him somehow.

Look at this thread title or 'subject line': "2020 US presidential Election(Aka: Trump Coronation)" If someone found out you had hundreds of posts in such a thread without checking the context of what you were writing they might think you were a far right troll etc..
    The fact you don't find anything he wrote to be offensive is more a reflection of pretty warped values tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,501 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ohnonotgmail said:

"Oh stone definitely has dirt on him. He made that clear."

I asked ohnonotgmail several times for a source, which has as of yet, not been furnished. The link you provided does not back up ohnonotgmail's assertion. It is not clear at all from your link that Stone has "dirt" on Trump. It is completely ambiguous. I cannot find anything concrete to confirm ohnonotgmail's claims. Until something concrete is provided I have to assume ohnonotgmail is mistaken.

Aren’t you the guy who said “Obama ALWAYS had a teleprompter” and “Trump is 100% winning the election?”

We are still waiting on your evidence for both.

I’m gonna stop you right here:

Nothing “too” objectionable - so what did he say that you actually object to, and what did he say that you don’t?

:)
    Aren’t you the guy who said “Obama ALWAYS had a teleprompter” and “Trump is 100% winning the election?”

We are still waiting on your evidence for both.

It was a figure of speech to use the word 'always'. He used them often enough (theres no shame in that - many public figures do) Here's one video of many on Youtube where his teleprompter is visible. He had one here in Dublin also. Im sure you saw it.

I cant prove Trump will win. I beleive his record thus far will make inevitable. We will see on Nov 4th.

It was a figure of speech to use the word 'always'. He used them often enough (theres no shame in that - many public figures do) Here's one video of many on Youtube where his teleprompter is visible. He had one here in Dublin also. Im sure you saw it.

I cant prove Trump will win. I beleive his record thus far will make inevitable. We will see on Nov 4th.

By what metrics do you judge his reelection in November inevitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So teleprompter is bad because?

Trump should stick to his, when he goes off script he is a total train wreck

Impeachment?
    How many of his people convicted?
    150,000 deaths?
    Thousands of lies?

What record? He had atrocious mid-terms and that was before any of his most substantial scandals. Now he's got the fastest growing number of coronavirus deaths in the globe. He's made a mockery of the virus while doing little to actually reduce the numbers, he's actively held rallies when the virus was clearly rampant and discouraged the use of masks, declaring them 'political correct'. On top of that, he's getting all of his buddies off criminal charges.

So that's his record and he continue to leak voters. Do you think older voters who run the risk of dying from the virus will vote for him? Do you think those who know people who die from the virus will vote for him? He's alienated so many demographics at this stage, he needs a miracle in November.

So you’re just stirring **** while simultaneously trolling others to provide evidence to matters of common knowledge, like Stones 7 convictions for lying to congress and investigators about what he did for Trump and his campaign, ie. Covering up the dirt he has or is directly involved with on Trump.

And in the process demonstrating you don’t know how to use a search engine whatsoever.

• Advertisement

We'll see in November. Its going to be great to watch.

Trump has thrown more of his supporters under the bus, this time those who crowdfunded a section of privately installed border wall that is falling into disrepair already. He has accused his supporters of making him look bad.

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2020/07/12/trump-rips-private-texas-border-wall-built-by-his-supporters/

His voter base dwindles by the day, due to his own actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

:) I beleive his record thus far will make inevitable. We will see on Nov 4th.

Aside from that tax cut he did for his mates, what exactly has he achieved aside from turning the office he holds into an international laughing stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Trump has thrown more of his supporters under the bus, this time those who crowdfunded a section of privately installed border wall that is falling into disrepair already. He has accused his supporters of making him look bad.

https://www.snopes.com/ap/2020/07/12/trump-rips-private-texas-border-wall-built-by-his-supporters/

His voter base dwindles by the day, due to his own actions.

Ahh...I posted a bit of an investigation into this. Fisher construction sucked up to Trump on Fox, and got a lightly-overseen $1.3bn contract. It's the US taxpayer paying Fisher for 'whatever' of which $25million (out of 1.3bn) was 'crowdfunded' (one wonders who was in that crowd, too...)

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/19/politics/border-wall-fisher-sand-gravel-trump/index.html

As with all moneyed Trump supporters, dodgy as the day is long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

The fact you don't find anything he wrote to be offensive is more a reflection of pretty warped values tbh.
    I’m gonna stop you right here:

Nothing “too” objectionable - so what did he say that you actually object to, and what did he say that you don’t?

Well it is you two that are making the claim; what exactly is so objectionable? Could you write it in your own words instead of just copy pasting a news article would be nice.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Ahh...I posted a bit of an investigation into this. Fisher construction sucked up to Trump on Fox, and got a lightly-overseen $1.3bn contract. It's the US taxpayer paying Fisher for 'whatever' of which $25million (out of 1.3bn) was 'crowdfunded' (one wonders who was in that crowd, too...)

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/19/politics/border-wall-fisher-sand-gravel-trump/index.html

As with all moneyed Trump supporters, dodgy as the day is long.

It's everyone else's fault but Trumps

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/398887965302091776?s=20

Well it is you two that are making the claim; what exactly is so objectionable? Could you write it in your own words instead of just copy pasting a news article would be nice.

All of it was objectionable that was excerpted from the CNN article.

What of it wasn’t? You said it wasn’t, I just want to hear what hate speech you find non objectionable. It is you making that claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Meanwhile

We need a US version of #LedByDonkeys to show tweets on screens at Trump rallies.

I won't bother going too into the details of the findings of the report, because I genuinely couldn't be bothered wasting my time, but feel free to go and read the findings yourself. This one paragraph from your new favourite source might interest you all the same:
    The special counsel's office did not exonerate Trump on obstruction of justice because they were not confident that Trump was clearly innocent, after examining "evidence [they] obtained about the President's actions and intent". The "investigation found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations, including the Russian-interference and obstruction investigations". The report noted that once Trump was aware that he was personally being investigated for obstruction of justice, he started "public attacks on the investigation and individuals involved in it who could possess evidence adverse to the president, while in private, the president engaged in a series of targeted efforts to control the investigation." However, President Trump's "efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President declined to carry out orders or accede to his requests." This prevented further obstruction of justice charges "against the President's aides and associates beyond those already filed"

Definitely the actions of an innocent man right there. Nothing screams innocence like the way that he impeded the investigation from the get-go, with the help of his lapdog Bill Barr.

There's a whole evening's reading for you here if you'd like to educate yourself:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mueller_Report

Enjoy!

• Advertisement

Meanwhile

His Twitter feed really is the gift that just keeps giving.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement