Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Overheal wrote: »
    All of it was objectionable that was excerpted from the CNN article.

What of it wasn’t? You said it wasn’t, I just want to hear what hate speech you find non objectionable. It is you making that claim.

We'd be here all day. Nice divert and deflect though, you can't put in your own words what is objectionable and why. Sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2u2me wrote: »
    We'd be here all day. Nice divert and deflect though, you can't put in your own words what is objectionable and why. Sad.

Nice gaslighting: you made a claim about that which is not objectionable and now you cower away from standing behind your own words, and accuse others of deflecting! :pac:

Any example, any example at all of the things he said that CNN pointed out, that are not objectionable? This is what you said after all.
    I'm shocked that he has resigned. "Standing up to cancel culture, not giving in " etc.. etc..' is what Carlson professes the most and he's recently been pulling in the best news show ratings ever seen. His show have promised a response on Monday evening which I eagerly await. I doubt there is anything they could do to save themselves here. Had he not resigned I would have more respect.

I don't find anything too objectionable in what he has posted. The most offensive content being the thread titles which are repeated ad nauseum to associate guilt to him somehow.

Look at this thread title or 'subject line': "2020 US presidential Election(Aka: Trump Coronation)" If someone found out you had hundreds of posts in such a thread without checking the context of what you were writing they might think you were a far right troll etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

His little bit of exercise was 4 hours the other day and to date he’s way outspent Obama from both terms, with journalists and independent researchers cataloging over 270 trips to the links.

https://trumpgolfcount.com/

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-defends-golf-trips-falsely-claims-less-than-obama-2020-7

Nice gaslighting: you made a claim about that which is not objectionable and now you cower away from standing behind your own words, and accuse others of deflecting! :pac:

Any example, any example at all of the things he said that CNN pointed out, that are not objectionable? This is what you said after all.

Edmond Halley once predicted a comet would arrive at a certain time and place based on his calculations. It wasn't for anyone else to prove how wrong he was(they could claim it all they liked). You see how it's impossible for them to disprove until the comet arrives?

Claims work easier if the person making them provides some evidence for them and provides an explanation.
    What you've linked to doesn't prove that anyone is a 'far right racist troll'. So where did you get that from?

BBC has called them "racist messages"
    CNN has said "racist and sexist remarks"
    The NYT says "abhorrent posts"
    Guardian says "racist and sexist comments"
    Wapo says "Racist and sexist posts"
    In one post identified by CNN, Neff wrote on June 26 that the only people concerned with changing the name of the Washington Redskins football team from a racial slur for Native Americans were "white libs and their 'university-educated' pets."
    On June 24, CharlesXII posted a message on the forum that read: "Honestly given how tired black people always claim to be, maybe the real crisis is their lack of sleep," according to CNN Business.
    In a comment just this week, Neff replied to a thread on the message board AutoAdmit as username CharlesXII with the subject line, “Would u let a JET BLACK congo n****er do lasik eye surgery on u for 50% off?” by commenting, “I wouldn’t get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no.”

Could anyone be so kind as to explain exactly how these are racist comments? Abbhorent? yes, disgusting? yes, vile? yes, racist? no, sexist? no, homophobic? no. Perhaps with more context it could be as such, but those stand alone comments mean very little without context.

Have we learned no lessons from the Roger Scruton affair where the New Statesmen was forced to issue a retraction after the infamous "Every chinese person is a sort of replica of the next one".

Did they really warrant a coordinated campaign by the legacy media?

I've seen worse from moderators on boards; I guess they'll be coming for you guys next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Edmond Halley once predicted a comet would arrive at a certain time and place based on his calculations. It wasn't for anyone else to prove how wrong he was(they could claim it all they liked). You see how it's impossible for them to disprove until the comet arrives?

Claims work easier if the person making them provides some evidence for them and provides an explanation.
    What you've linked to doesn't prove that anyone is a 'far right racist troll'. So where did you get that from?

BBC has called them "racist messages"
    CNN has said "racist and sexist remarks"
    The NYT says "abhorrent posts"
    Guardian says "racist and sexist comments"
    Wapo says "Racist and sexist posts"

Could anyone be so kind as to explain exactly how these are racist comments? Abbhorent? yes, disgusting? yes, vile? yes, racist? no, sexist? no, homophobic? no. Perhaps with more context it could be as such, but those stand alone comments mean very little without context.

Have we learned no lessons from the Roger Scruton affair where the New Statesmen was forced to issue a retraction after the infamous "Every chinese person is a sort of replica of the next one".

Did they really warrant a coordinated campaign by the legacy media?

I've seen worse from moderators on boards; I guess they'll be coming for you guys next.

“I wouldn’t get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no.”
    maybe just a little racist

Another one is “Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down.”, interested to see how that could be interpreted as not racist..

Another one is “Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down.”, interested to see how that could be interpreted as not racist..

How is that racist?

“I wouldn’t get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no.”

I'd be with you on this one. It seems to be 'positive racism' though, racist no doubt but hardly nazi stuff.

Isn't he saying he thinks asians are good at health care and he wouldn't get free treatment from anybody?

How is that racist?

How is the grass green :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'd be with you on this one. It seems to be 'positive racism' though, racist no doubt but hardly nazi stuff.

Isn't he saying he thinks asians are good at health care and he wouldn't get free treatment from anybody?

Nobody is buying your antic disposition here.

he is saying that he wouldn't let an asian doctor do lasik on him even if they were doing it for free. you are just being completely obtuse.

he is saying that he wouldn't let an asian doctor do lasik on him even if they were doing it for free. you are just being completely obtuse.

If that's what he's saying his comment makes little sense. If you mean he is being racist against Asians.
    The writer, Blake Neff, this week allegedly responded to a racist question posed by another user which asked if people would let a “JET BLACK congo n*****” perform Lasik eye surgery on them.

“I wouldn’t get LASIK from an Asian for free, so no,” Mr Neff responded, according to CNN, which first reported the allegations.

I believe he could be* saying he wouldn't let anybody do LASIK on him for free. This is why context matters.

Would you get free whiskey from someone somewhere?
    "I wouldn't take whiskey from an Irish person for free, so no"

If that's what he's saying his comment makes little sense. If you mean he is being racist against Asians.

I believe he could be* saying he wouldn't let anybody do LASIK on him for free. This is why context matters.

This is a strange hill for you to die on but please continue

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Are you really that naive?

Are you really that naive?

What is your interpretation of that? Who was he being racist to and why?

What is your interpretation of that? Who was he being racist to and why?

asians. because he is racist.

Is this being racist to Irish people?

Well Asians and the blacks, clearly indicating disdain for both while placing his hatred of asians seemingly lower than that of blacks. Supplemented also by his comments about ‘what do with millions of Chinese’ in regard to buying Canada.

did he say that?

• Advertisement

Well Asians and the blacks, clearly indicating disdain for both while placing his hatred of asians seemingly higher even than that of blacks. Supplemented also by his comments about ‘what do with millions of Chinese’ in regard to buying Canada.

well racist to black people is a given.

"Each Chinese person is a sort of replica of the next... and that is a very frightening thing"
    racist or not?

racist or not?

Are you genuinely unsure?

This says a lot about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You need to learn the difference between racism and xenophobia.

Are you genuinely unsure?

This says a lot about you.

I'm trying to gauge your judgement of what racist is since you're the one that introduced this story to the thread and you're the one claiming it's racist.

Since you won't explain why it's racist the only way else for me to judge what is- is by giving other examples.

But you'll divert divert divert.

If you don't want to answer that's fine but don't just act like a troll with one line responses.

I also find it humorous you say the remarks are not homophobic even when he expressly mocked “foodie f****ts” which is not censored in the original telling.

I also find it humorous you say the remarks are not homophobic even when he expressly mocked “foodie f****ts”

"Each Chinese person is a sort of replica of the next... and that is a very frightening thing" racist or not?

I'm trying to gauge your judgement of what racist is since you're the one that introduced this story to the thread and you're the one claiming it's racist.

Since you won't explain why it's racist the only way else for me to judge what is- is by giving other examples.

But you'll divert divert divert.

If you don't want to answer that's fine but don't just act like a troll with one line responses.

Does it really bear further explanation? I’d spell it out for a child but everyone here is over 13 to register here.
    "Each Chinese person is a sort of replica of the next... and that is a very frightening thing" racist or not?

Clearly racist and xenophobic do you not agree? How?

If you can’t see racism here as plain as day there is no amount of wordsmithing I could possibly bestow to you to educate you; yours is either bad faith posting or a willful ignorance. It would be a better use of our time to hear from you some examples of racism so we can better understand how you can’t tell a metaphorical ass from an elbow

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Commander in Cheat.

The man is as the man does.

• Advertisement

Clearly racist and xenophobic do you not agree? How?

If you can’t see racism here as plain as day there is no amount of wordsmithing I could possibly bestow to you to educate you; yours is either bad faith posting or a willful ignorance. It would be a better use of our time to hear from you some examples of racism so we can better understand how you can’t tell a metaphorical ass from an elbow

That's the funny thing about words, when taken out of context they can seem to be racist and xenophobic, completely devoid of the context in which they were originally spoken.

The quote above was from Sir Roger Scruton. He was invited to a long-form audio interview with a British left leaning publication "The New Statesmen".
    It wasn't until three months later that they were forced to retract how 'racist' it was and issue an apology to Scruton because a rival newspaper had also obtained a copy of the audio.
    In the interview, Sir Roger said of China: “They’re creating robots of their own people … each Chinese person is a kind of replica of the next one and that is a very frightening thing.” We would like to clarify that Sir Roger’s criticism was not of the Chinese people but of the restrictive regime of the Chinese Communist Party.

By way of rectification we provide here a link to a transcript of the interview and the original article so that readers can learn for themselves what Professor Scruton actually said in full.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement