Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Also with Stones commuted sentence his direct association with Trump is coming to roost a bit. Twitter rehashed this photo of Stone with Proud Boys he hired as security for the 2018 Dorchester Conference, all photographed proudly flashing White Power gestures

Featured-Image-Templates53.png?resize=865,452&quality=65

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/roger-stone-proud-boys/?fbclid=IwAR3OJWwG4gNKJQCZk0U4RRwj2SyeLx0l8J2SaJCcO42Yj_9tkXDGdKfFO9c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

All this "coming out of the closet" (about something we already knew) by Trump and a wider group of people around him is making me think they have something very serious in the works about the election. Just not something democratic.

Tucker Carlson spent his Monday show having to address his head writers racist history and his leaving Fox News. Then, he went on to announce another one of the networks ever famous “totally planned in advance” vacations he would be embarking on immediately for the next few days, to go trout fishing.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/we-dont-endorse-those-words-tucker-carlson-speaks-out-on-head-writer-resigning-announces-hes-taking-vacation/

I certainly know that, when I’m planning to go on vacation, I always plan to show up for one show on Monday before disappearing until the heat dies down from that scandal that will mysteriously and coincidentally break a day or few before. Yes. Just a spectacular coincidence that Hannity, O’Reilly, etc. all have the most peculiar vacation scheduled which line up with them or their shows embroiled in outrages, Sponsor exodus, or sexual harassment scandals.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: one world order - like any other person, you are entitled to your religious beliefs. However this is not thee thread for them, and you are dragging the conversation wildly off topic with every post. Don't post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    That is such scumbaggery. Beyond comprehension and that will really hurt Biden personally I can imagine.

Between this and the attacks on lifelong servant Fauci, its absolutely a disgusting administration getting worse by the day.

I'm pretty certain that Biden Tweet will finish Trump once and for all. It has not gone down well at all across both divides.

The only surprise is It was taken down before Trump could retweet it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Overheal wrote: »
    Also with Stones commuted sentence his direct association with Trump is coming to roost a bit. Twitter rehashed this photo of Stone with Proud Boys he hired as security for the 2018 Dorchester Conference, all photographed proudly flashing White Power gestures

Featured-Image-Templates53.png?resize=865,452&quality=65

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/roger-stone-proud-boys/?fbclid=IwAR3OJWwG4gNKJQCZk0U4RRwj2SyeLx0l8J2SaJCcO42Yj_9tkXDGdKfFO9c

Jaysis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

You're wasting your time, as the posters false attempt to claim that link is paywalled only served to further prove. The reason I say this because less than 48 hours before your post, I provided that exact same info to that exact same poster, and who I can almost guarantee will try to pull out that same "$1mn" line on this issue somewhere between here and November.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114002877&postcount=8999

Just for your own info, going forward.

What are you on about? I noted in thread that it was in fact not behind a paywall & I thanked a poster who provided the article text. But feel free to paint me as dishonest despite evidence to the contrary

You're wasting your time, as the posters false attempt to claim that link is paywalled only served to further prove. The reason I say this because less than 48 hours before your post, I provided that exact same info to that exact same poster, and who I can almost guarantee will try to pull out that same "$1mn" line on this issue somewhere between here and November.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114002877&postcount=8999

Just for your own info, going forward.

Try to read the whole thread & get your facts in order before making disgusting accusations like that...

Post #9147
    My bad. It does require a sign up & there's no way that rag are getting my details. I see the text has been put in thread, great...

This post was right after the mistaken paywall claim

Really? It all depends on context. Did you know a thumbs up is offensive to some cultures? It really, really looks like they are making an "OK" gesture in that picture. Have you any more context to the situation that would suggest they are in fact insinuating "white power" or are you hyperboling?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OK_gesture

Indeed he's always been in favor of politically motivated violence.

I'm pretty sure he denounced the violence many times and called for it to be stopped, many times. So your statement is false.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Really? It all depends on context. Did you know a thumbs up is offensive to some cultures? It really, really looks like they are making an "OK" gesture in that picture. Have you any more context to the situation that would suggest they are in fact insinuating "white power" or are you hyperboling?

are you being naive or dishonest?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Context, if he wasn't surrounded by ALt-right bodyguards, it'd be pretty innocent. However he is not, just like if he was in afghanistan giving thumbs up to everyone.

I'm possibly being naive. The article itself states that it may simply be an OK gesture. Also, its claimed the people he is with are "proud boys" but there is not way of verifying that. They could be anybody.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Context, if he wasn't surrounded by ALt-right bodyguards, it'd be pretty innocent. However he is not, just like if he was in afghanistan giving thumbs up to everyone.

Who are the people in the photograph? Is there anyway it can be verified that they are all members of proud boys? You do know the media publish photographs out of context quite regularly?

Who are the people in the photograph? Is there anyway it can be verified that they are all members of proud boys? You do know the media publish photographs out of context quite regularly?

Yes, they probably do. However this is verified that they are proud boys

https://www.wweek.com/news/2018/03/07/right-wing-provocateur-roger-stone-asked-proud-boys-for-protection-at-dorchester-conference-last-weekend/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I'm possibly being naive. The article itself states that it may simply be an OK gesture. Also, its claimed the people he is with are "proud boys" but there is not way of verifying that. They could be anybody.

Its a white pride sign, they are the Proud Boys, Roger Stone is as close to a member as you can get.

Roger Stone will hang around with anyone who can help get him ahead. Racists, black people, homophobes, gay people.......

For the record, he is great at what he does.

Horrible man, but brilliant and a huge win for Trump that hes not in jail for the election.

Great thanks. Is there anyway to verify they are not saying "OK" and are in fact saying "white power"?

The Nal wrote: »
    Its a white pride sign

Yes it is. Its also many other things depending on context.

Great thanks. Is there anyway to verify they are not saying "OK" and are in fact saying "white power"?

So we've established that they are in fact Proud Boys, how long are you going to play this little game? You're impressing no one

when the context is that it is being displayed by members of a right wing organisation then the most likely answer is usually the right one.

• Advertisement

So we've established that they are in fact Proud Boys, how long are you going to play this little game? You're impressing no one

it really is quite pathetic. of course they will play the hurt victim and say that everybody is picking on them.

when the context is that it is being displayed by members of a right wing organisation then the most likely answer is usually the right one.

I find it hard to believe a public figure would allow himself to be photographed making a white power symbol. I get that it doesn't look great but I personally would need a bit more proof before I'd accept it. Before I get accused of being in denial, let me state that I am simply not sure.

5e297143-f1a9-4f95-ad26-2349eada8bf0.jpg

DnL9RM9XoAAfuN9.jpg

I find it hard to believe a public figure would allow himself to be photographed making a white power symbol. I get that it doesn't look great but I personally would need a bit more proof before I'd accept it. Before I get accused of being in denial, let me state that I am simply not sure.

DnL9RM9XoAAfuN9.jpg

Context my friend

it really is quite pathetic. of course they will play the hurt victim and say that everybody is picking on them.

'Disgusting accusation' that they're actively trolling, how very dare you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

'Disgusting accusation' that they're actively trolling, how very dare you

"Freeze peach!

Except when my bigoted far right opinions are offended!"

"Freeze peach!

Except when my bigoted far right opinions are offended!"

Snowflakes are gonna snowflake

• Registered Users Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

If you think Roger Stone doesn't know exactly what hes doing then you don't know anything about Roger Stone.

very much the latter
    I'm pretty sure he denounced the violence many times and called for it to be stopped, many times. So your statement is false.

Okay Mr. "Obama ALWAYS had a teleprompter."
    Even the "great" Obama ALWAYS had a teleprompter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

DnL9RM9XoAAfuN9.jpg

Maybe you could get a friend to photoshop some Proud Boys into those photos. Then you'd have a convincing argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

The Nal wrote: »
    For the record, he is great at what he does.

If he were great at what he does, we wouldn't know he was doing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement