Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Timeline:
    Dec 18th - House Impeaches Trump
    Jan 8th - First CDC warning
    Jan 9th - Trump campaign rally
    Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally
    Jan 16h - House sends impeachment articles to Senate
    Jan 18th - Trump golfs
    Jan 19th - Trump golfs
    Jan- 20th first case in South Korea
    Jan 20th - first case of corona virus in the US, Washington State.
    Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
    Jan 28th - Trump campaign rally
    Jan 30th - Trump campaign rally
    Feb 1st - Trump golfs
    Feb 2nd - “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China."
    Feb 5th - Senate votes to acquit. Then takes a five-day weekend.
    Feb 10th - Trump campaign rally
    Feb 12th - Dow Jones closes at an all time high of 29,551.42
    Feb 15h - Trump golfs
    Feb 19th - Trump campaign rally
    Feb 20th - Trump campaign rally
    Feb 21st - Trump campaign rally
    Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
    Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
    Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
    Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
    Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
    February 27: “One day it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
    Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical”
    Feb 28th - Trump campaign rally
    March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
    March 2nd - “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
    March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
    March 5th - “I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”
    March 5th - “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
    March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6th - “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
    March 6th - “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president”
    March 6th - “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault”
    March 7th - Trump golfs
    March 8th - Trump golfs
    March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
    March 9th - “This blindsided the world.”
    March 13th - [Declared state of emergency]
    March 17th - “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
    March 18th - "It’s not racist at all. No. Not at all. It comes from China. That’s why. It comes from China. I want to be accurate."
    March 23th- Dow Jones closes at 18,591.93
    March 25th - 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment
    March 30th - Dow Jones closes at 21,917.16
    April 2nd - 6.6 million Americans file for unemployment

Will Trump go down as the worst American President ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

notobtuse wrote: »
    My, you've been quite the stalker. I see selective quoting at its best. I usually give the reasons for those statements. Other times the truth is self-evident.
    So you were doing exactly what you were complaining about the other poster doing then, no surprise at all.

By the way all you have to do is use the search feature, put in your username and "media". Almost every single result is you crying about how the media can't be trusted. Took about 3 minutes because I knew that was going to be the case with the posts of yours I have seen.

Okay I’ll play along with your rant…

Do you want people to be able to vote ven though Trump has said on a number of occasions that republicans cannot win when everyone gets to vote? Yes, with integrity and not in a manner rife for abuse.
    So then you agree that the closing of all of those polling stations in Wisconsin, coupled with not allowing mail in ballots in a global pandemic, by republicans, forcing thousands and thousands to huddle together and tisk their lives or lose their vote, was a disgrace to the very concept of democracy that the United States was built upon.

Grand, you should have just said so instead of feigning outrage.
    Do you want to see less fraud in elections even thigh the republicans are the ones at it, meaning it would harm their chances to hold these fairly? It’s mostly Democrats who have been guilty of voter fraud. Why do you think they oppose Voter Id laws?
    False, as already pointed out in the post you are replying to - https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/30/us/mccrae-dowless-indictment.html

What are your thoughts on this actual case of electoral fraud committed by GOP staff directly, in North Carolina?
    Do you want your elections to be secure from interference, even though the republican party don't? I disagree the republican party doesn’t want interference if elections, and Voter ID laws would help to avoid that.
    For voter ID laws the Republicans would also need to stop defunding electoral protections, which has been one of McConnells main goals of the last four years. If you actually cared about protecting your elections, you will have evidence of you criticising the Republicans for this over that time. I'd bet good money you haven't though, by all means feel free to prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Carfacemandog - we don't need a running commentary on other people's posts.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Wrong!. Democrats are more guilty of election fraud than Republicans. Do some sampling:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-voterfraudcases.pdf

So - A "Not exhaustive" ( as described on the 1st page) list of election fraud compiled by the Heritage foundation lists more Democrats than Republicans - Well colour me surprised.

Even in this list of over 1000 cases almost a 3rd are single individuals who voted largely in good faith only to find that they were ineligible to vote. A similar number were related to Absentee/Mail in ballots.

A whole 1000 cases or so over several decades across hundreds of millions of votes (and potentially billions given that this list appears to cover every tin-pot local election going) - Hardly evidence of widespread impactful Voter fraud. Also , in this list there isn't a single example of where an Election had to be declared null and void or whatever due to the scale of fraud.

And yes we’ve done mail in voting but it has been minimal... why? Because it rife for election fraud. Yet that is exactly what Nancy Pelosi tried to get into the coronavirus bill. A mechanism easily exploited by political operatives.

https://www.heritage.org/election-integrity/commentary/avenues-voter-fraud-have-no-place-coronavirus-bill

Voting is our most sacred right and obligation. We should do everything we can to ensure its integrity, not diminish it. Ask yourself... Why do Democrats always want to diminish the integrity of our elections? If you where honest you know the answer.

Again - There are multiple states that currently vote via mail in ballot and have done for years - How many elections have been overturned in those States??

The Military and Foreign Service all vote via Mail in ballots when they are overseas, as did the President himself recently.

Are all of those ballots and Elections suspicious??

You are correct - Voting is a hard earned right - Ask yourself , Why do Republicans seek to make it as difficult and onerous as possible to exercise that right? If you were honest you know the answer.

As an example - When the Wisconsin Supreme court recently voted against allowing increased access to Mail-in voting in the middle of a Pandemic , guess how those Supreme courts judges voted in the Election they demanded go ahead in person for regular voters?

They voted by Mail - Some for the 1st time ever.. Why did they do that when they had just voted against Mail in voting for everybody else?

Was is to "Protect the Integrity" of the Election??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    You are correct - Voting is a hard earned right - Ask yourself , Why do Republicans seek to make it as difficult and onerous as possible to exercise that right? If you were honest you know the answer.

Extensive research reveals that fraud is very rare. Yet repeated, false allegations of fraud can make it harder for millions of eligible Americans to participate in elections.

The republicans know what they're doing here. Both parties are playing this game now, they're both playing in the dirt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Timeline: [CDC Meetings; Golf; Audacious optimism etc]

As has been pointed out, during that same timeline the democrats and the left's response to the threat of the Coronavirus was incredulous. In response to Trump's January announcement of travel restrictions from China and the setting up the taskforce of medical professionals, they were mostly suggesting that his actions (and that of his administration) were fear mongering motivated by racism and xenophobia.

In fact, the first thing the liberals did was moan about how white the taskforce was:

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1222964716320018436

Then Joe kicked off the racism narrative:

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1238153685991141379

The New York times joined in (of course):
    nyt22.png

Pelosi ripped up the SOTU address in which Trump highlighted how his administration was determined to do whatever it could to try and mitigate the spread of the virus and of course she then went out doing pressers in Chinatown calling for people to come down and congregate.

The other night Trump showed with the clip below just how the current narrative being pedaled by the democrats is shamefully inaccurate and is being deployed just to try and hide the fact that it was actually them that didn't that didn't take virus seriously in Feb/March, not Donald Trump. Tis their own sins, as ever, that they don't want people focusing on and so they use the usual deflection tactics:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1249858152578920449

Course the response to the above clip which exposed their lies was to refer to it as "propaganda" :P

Nope, but he will go down as the most disproportionately moaned about and disrespected one.

As for playing Golf, liberals must be careful whinging about Trump doing that for 3 reasons.

1) it can backfire .

2) ye are hardly in a position to talk given that during the H1N1 pandemic Obama avoided a presser just so he could get in a round:

Of course tbf he did think there was "No cause for alarm" re H1N1 at the time and while 12,500 were dead from it a year later, he was of course not to know. He was just understandably trying to quell fears and indulging in optimism, as leaders walking a fine line often have to do. Huge sin when Trump does it mind.

And 3):

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Of course tbf he did think there was "No cause for alarm" re H1N1 at the time and while 12,500 were dead from it a year later, he was of course not to know. He was just understandably trying to quell fears and indulging in optimism, as leaders walking a fine line often have to do. Huge sin when Trump does it mind.

DUDE!!!

IN THE SPACE OF ABOUT 4 WEEKS THERE ARE 33,460 PEOPLE DEAD IN THE USA!

You are comparing apples with oranges and talking utter rot at the same time. Do not even try to say what Trump was doing was indulging in optimism.
    Business leadership 101:
    - Tell the truth ("it's bad")
    - Put a plan together ("but this how we will get through it")
    THAT IS LEADERSHIP OPTIMISM

Not pure stupidity and ridiculousness as demonstrated by Trump (it will disappear like a miracle)
    33,000 dead. And more every day being added to the death toll. Some miracle.

He is an horrifically bad leader.

And another thing? Why are Trump's fanboys and fan girls going on about what the Dems did or didn't do??

Isn't it Trump's job to lead in this crisis?

Oh deflection, that is it, deflect away about how badly he has managed things during this pandemic crisis.

33,000 dead, in a matter of weeks.
    And at 15 people he said it would go to zero.
    Shake my head...

History will not be kind to him.

amdublin wrote: »
    And another thing? Why are Trump's fanboys and fan girls going on about what the Dems did or didn't do??

Isn't it Trump's job to lead in this crisis?

Oh deflection, that is it, deflect away about how badly he has managed things during this pandemic crisis.

33,000 dead, in a matter of weeks.
    And at 15 people he said it would go to zero.
    Shake my head...

History will not be kind to him.

Pretty unfair to attribute all the deaths to him at the same time.

It's a bit rich for the dems to now be saying he could have done a lot better;
    when at the time they were criticizing his actions, like restricting travel.

If they had been advocating a lock-down after january 20th I'd have more respect for what they're saying now, but they just come across as slimey and without integrity.

2u2me wrote: »
    Pretty unfair to attribute all the deaths to him at the same time.

It's a bit rich for the dems to now be saying he could have done a lot better;
    when at the time they were criticizing his actions, like restricting travel.

If they had been advocating a lock-down after january 20th I'd have more respect for what they're saying now, but they just come across as slimey and without integrity.

Deflection, deflection.

- There were still some flights coming in, even after his "travel ban"
    - What did he do from Jan 20th onwards. Ah yes, from poster above:
    Jan 22nd - “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”
    Feb 1st - Trump golfs
    Feb 15h - Trump golfs
    Feb 24th - “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
    Feb 25h - “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.”
    Feb 25h - “I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”
    Feb 26th - “The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”
    Feb 26th - “We're going very substantially down, not up.” Also "This is a flu. This is like a flu"; "Now, you treat this like a flu"; "It's a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for. And we'll essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner."
    Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.”
    March 2nd - “You take a solid flu vaccine, you don't think that could have an impact, or much of an impact, on corona?”
    March 2nd - “A lot of things are happening, a lot of very exciting things are happening and they’re happening very rapidly.”
    March 4: “If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”
    March 5th - “The United States… has, as of now, only 129 cases… and 11 deaths. We are working very hard to keep these numbers as low as possible!”
    March 6th - “I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”
    March 6th - “Anybody right now, and yesterday, anybody that needs a test gets a test. They’re there. And the tests are beautiful…. the tests are all perfect like the letter was perfect. The transcription was perfect. Right? This was not as perfect as that but pretty good.”
    March 6th - “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president.”
    March 6th - “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”
    March 7th - Trump golfs
    March 8th - Trump golfs
    March 8th - “We have a perfectly coordinated and fine tuned plan at the White House for our attack on CoronaVirus.”
    March 9th - “This blindsided the world.” (?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?)
    March 17th - “This is a pandemic,” Mr. Trump told reporters. “I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”
    March 18th - "It’s not racist at all. No. Not at all. It comes from China. That’s why. It comes from China. I want to be accurate."
    March 25th - 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment.
    April 2nd - 6.6 million Americans file for unemployment.

That travel ban was an ineffective band aid.

Why did he not move straight to social distancing and lockdown? if he is so clever and felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic?

Oh. Because he believes in miracles. Well that didn't pan out too good did it. And I think all those people who have relatives who have died will remember that come November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

As usual this poster only attacks the source not the material. How lazy!

Coming from the “fake news media” guy that is ironic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The Biden stuff is also completely misrepresented by Trump campaign team and right wing talking heads.

The full quote is "This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.”

Leaving out last bit makes a huge difference.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    The Biden stuff is also completely misrepresented by Trump campaign team and right wing talking heads.

The full quote is "This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science.”

Oh my gosh, thank you. You are totally right.

Every time one of the Trump deflectors says he was called a racist for putting the china ban in place they need to be reminded that THIS was the actual statement.

It is very different to what they are saying he said "he called Trump a racist", "he said the ban was racist or xenophobic".

amdublin wrote: »
    - There were still some flights coming in, even after his "travel ban"
    - What did he do from Jan 20th onwards. Ah yes, from poster above:

That travel ban was an ineffective band aid.

Why did he not move straight to social distancing and lockdown? if he is so clever and felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic?

Oh. Because he believes in miracles. Well that didn't pan out too good did it. And I think all those people who have relatives who have died will remember that come November.

Well if the WHO or any other world leader had been saying that's what we should do and he didn't listen; I'd be there just as disgusted with you.
    But the WHO said on the 27th january: No evidence of H2H transmission outside of China. The WHO deserve the blame here, Trump is not a doctor.
    WHO were saying we should keep all borders open, their strategy was testing.

With regards to flights, you still have to allow people time to return home, would you make them stay in China?
    It makes sense that anyone returning would follow quarantine measures etc..

Trump has said many stupid things over the last while; I'm sure many of them to make people feel better. I've heard many world leaders say many stupid things.

If I decide to ride my bike off a cliff, trying to get to the otherside, when is the approriate time to tell me it won't work? Before I fly over the cliff or when I'm in the ditch with a broken leg?

If I decide to ride my bike off a cliff, trying to get to the otherside, when is the approriate time to tell me it won't work? Before I fly over the cliff or when I'm in the ditch with a broken leg?

Deflection.

The WHO is one site of information. There was loads of other ways of knowing what was going on. The virus was spreading virulently around Italy and Spain. It was only a matter of time before it came to ummmm IRELAND, and ummm USA.

Ireland was seeing things going on and taking action - st patricks day cancelled etc.

Trump saw something and his reaction is ban flights from China. And then nothing else until March. Bought himself a big load of time?

On one hand he is all "I know everything, I know will disappear". On the other hand he is now "well, the WHO told me nuttin'"

A true leader takes responsibility. Business101 again.

Ps. What an analogy to pick!!! You need someone to tell you that riding your bike off a cliff is a bad idea?????!!! Did Trump need the WHO to tell him, seeing what else was going on all round the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well if the WHO or any other world leader had been saying that's what we should do and he didn't listen; I'd be there just as disgusted with you.
    But the WHO said on the 27th january: No evidence of H2H transmission outside of China. The WHO deserve the blame here, Trump is not a doctor.

On Feb 26th he said it was under control and cases were going down. He was still holding campaign rallies at this point. He has still not actually done anything useful and just continually blames everybody else. He claims to have full authority yet wont accept any of the responsibility.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The Travel ban from China was politically expedient for him - It aligned with his "China Bad" talking points as evidenced by the comments from Wilbur Ross about how the China ban would be fantastic for the US Economy as it would force jobs to come back. He decision to limit flights to/from China was just another element to his trade war , absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Public health.

He initiated the ban to China , that was full of huge holes (~40,000 people flew over and back to China in Feb and March) and then did absolutely nothing with the time it potentially afforded him.

Did they start stockpiling PPE or other medical equipment/medication?
    Did they dust off the Pandemic management plans and update them?
    Pull together some committees to war-game strategies??

No , he spent the next 6 weeks telling everyone that there was nothing to see here , the US Economy is great!!!

If the 1st outbreak had been in Israel or Saudi for example there is absolutely ZERO chance he would have agreed to a ban back in January.

With regards to flights, you still have to allow people time to return home, would you make them stay in China?
    It makes sense that anyone returning would follow quarantine measures etc..

Trump has said many stupid things over the last while; I'm sure many of them to make people feel better. I've heard many world leaders say many stupid things.

He had numerous experts in infectious diseases that were actively raising the issue with him. He appeared to be avoiding them as far back as February.
    Dr. Kadlec and other administration officials decided the next day to recommend to Mr. Trump that he publicly support the start of these mitigation efforts, such as school closings. But before they could discuss it with the president, who was returning from India, another official went public with a warning, sending the stock market down sharply and angering Mr. Trump. The meeting to brief him on the recommendation was canceled and it was three weeks before Mr. Trump would reluctantly come around to the need for mitigation.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/11/us/politics/coronavirus-red-dawn-emails-trump.html

So blaming the WHO while himself also being guilty of ignoring warnings seems more like an effort to deflect from his failings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

rossie1977 wrote: »

Please help me out. What the hell is Joe Biden saying?

(Tough to find a link. MSNBC seems to make it very difficult to find... wonder why... not really?)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1250765072751898624

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Omg notobtuse, its bigly covfefe what he is saying!! In fact it's the most covfefe thing anyone has ever seen.
    **More random words and sentences thrown together. And repeated**

^^^ I get it.
    That's the type of word salads you're used to hearing from your beloved Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Pretty accurate if you read it as one sentence

7j5mjn7ly6t41.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Please help me out. What the hell is Joe Biden saying?

(Tough to find a link. MSNBC seems to make it very difficult to find... wonder why... not really?)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1250765072751898624

Every day notobtuse never fails to entertain

If Biden is inarticulate then Rex Tillerson (a proper CEO) was right then Trump is really a moron

Timeline:
    Dec 18th - House Impeaches Trump
    Jan 8th - First CDC warning
    Jan 9th - Trump campaign rally
    Jan 14th - Trump campaign rally
    Jan 16h - House sends impeachment articles to Senate
    Jan 18th - Trump golfs
    Jan 19th - Trump golfs
    Feb 1st - Trump golfs
    Feb 15h - Trump golfs
    Feb 28th - “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical”
    March 6th - “I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it… Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president”
    March 6th - “I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault”
    March 7th - Trump golfs
    March 8th - Trump golfs
    March 9th - “This blindsided the world.”
    March 25th - 3.3 million Americans file for unemployment
    April 2nd - 6.6 million Americans file for unemployment

Must have taken you forever to type all of that out. I notice a couple of key dates missing. You must have just forgotten about them. I'll help you out with that 'honest' error...

From January 14, 2020 through January 20, 2020 the WHO repeated the Chinese assertion that there was no “clear evidence of human-to-human transmission.”

On January 23, 2020 the WHO’s director-general stated the coronavirus was “not yet a global health emergency.”

On January 31, 2020 President Trump issued a proclamation barring entry of non-U.S. citizens, other than the immediate family of citizens and permanent residents, who had traveled to China within the last two weeks. The restrictions have since been expanded to many other countries.

On February 8, 2020 the WHO director-general remarked the WHO wasn’t “just battling the virus; we’re also battling the trolls and conspiracy theorists that push misinformation and undermine the outbreak response,” defending China from criticism and travel bans.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    So - A "Not exhaustive" ( as described on the 1st page) list of election fraud compiled by the Heritage foundation lists more Democrats than Republicans - Well colour me surprised.

Even in this list of over 1000 cases almost a 3rd are single individuals who voted largely in good faith only to find that they were ineligible to vote. A similar number were related to Absentee/Mail in ballots.

A whole 1000 cases or so over several decades across hundreds of millions of votes (and potentially billions given that this list appears to cover every tin-pot local election going) - Hardly evidence of widespread impactful Voter fraud. Also , in this list there isn't a single example of where an Election had to be declared null and void or whatever due to the scale of fraud.

Again - There are multiple states that currently vote via mail in ballot and have done for years - How many elections have been overturned in those States??

The Military and Foreign Service all vote via Mail in ballots when they are overseas, as did the President himself recently.

Are all of those ballots and Elections suspicious??

As an example - When the Wisconsin Supreme court recently voted against allowing increased access to Mail-in voting in the middle of a Pandemic , guess how those Supreme courts judges voted in the Election they demanded go ahead in person for regular voters?

They voted by Mail - Some for the 1st time ever.. Why did they do that when they had just voted against Mail in voting for everybody else?

Was is to "Protect the Integrity" of the Election??
    Mail in voting (absentee voting), for the most part, needs an approved excuse as to why the voter can not vote in person.

How do republicans seek to make it as difficult and onerous as possible to exercise the right to vote? We have voting laws and Republicans just want the laws followed. Is that so bad?

I understand those seven justices had voted either by going in early and voting in person or by mailing in ballots. Did those justices who voted by absentee ballots have approved reasons for doing so? You seem to have conveniently left out that key information.

kilns wrote: »
    Every day notobtuse never fails to entertain

If Biden is inarticulate then Rex Tillerson (a proper CEO) was right then Trump is really a moron
    I always get a kick out of those who constantly accuse and condemn others of ‘whataboutery’ and then use it themselves whenever they feel like it. Do as I say, not as I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

On January 31, 2020 President Trump issued a proclamation barring entry of non-U.S. citizens, other than the immediate family of citizens and permanent residents, who had traveled to China within the last two weeks. The restrictions have since been expanded to many other countries.

11 days after the first reported case of Covid19 in the states. Talk about closing the barn door after the horse has bolted

Pretty accurate if you read it as one sentence

7j5mjn7ly6t41.jpg
    I sat with a guy on, on a telephone and he’s telling me, he said, "I don’t always," he said, "Look, I, I, I, I, I, I’m, I, I worked at the hospital." And he said, "Then I, I got, I got myself a position where I got the virus so they quarantined me and, and they put me in the hospital, and I made it out and so I’m out [slurp]. But they don’t want me with my family. I’m on the third floor. I spent 15 minutes on the phone with them saying,' he said, 'I have a three-year-old and a four-year-old. They come to the door outside and they just knock on the door and say 'Daddy, Daddy, can I see you Daddy, can I see you Daddy?'’"So we spent time going through it [slurp], I used to do with my kids when they were little and I couldn’t see them and we’d play games. I said, "Knock, make up a game, knock, knock on the door and say this is, you know [slurp]." [incomprehensible] This is practical things, the guy’s scared to death. And he’s worried about his children, he’s worried about his wie [sic]. I mean, these are practical things. And the president talks about this like, "OK, it’s gonna be OK. We’re gonna open… tomorrow. We’re gonna do this."I mean, it just, I must tell you, it drives me crazy. I don’t know what he doesn’t understand.
    Nope... Still doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mail in voting (absentee voting), for the most part, needs an approved excuse as to why the voter can not vote in person.

How do republicans seek to make it as difficult and onerous as possible to exercise the right to vote? We have voting laws and Republicans just want the laws followed. Is that so bad?

I understand those seven justices had voted either by going in early and voting in person or by mailing in ballots. Did those justices who voted by absentee ballots have approved reasons for doing so? You seem to have conveniently left out that key information.

The whole state of Dakota are grand with it

duploelabs wrote: »
    11 days after the first reported case of Covid19 in the states. Talk about closing the barn door after the horse has bolted
    Wasn't Trump the first leader of a country to institute a travel ban from China? I guess according to you the leaders of every other country in the world are stone cold idiots?

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    The whole state of Dakota are grand with it
    There is no state of Dakota.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement