Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

America has had great presidents?

Compared to Trump, America has had great chimpanzees.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Not really but maybe I don't hold the office in as high a reverence as you do,

Trump doesn't either.

its a non story to me really. Not like he's filming TV ads in the white house for it or anything. Probably takes a load of pics like this everyday no ?

Yet, probably hasn't had the right offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,486 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

not forgetting how much the GOP lost their **** when obama wore a tan suit.

There were earnest discussions about invoking the 25th amendment from some corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

It makes me feel kind of smug to know I’m smarter than the President of the USA.

Granted it’s a low bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

baaba maal wrote: »
    Or Nicaragua, Mexico, Chile, Iraq etc. Of all the disasterous interventions in other countries, you choose Libya. I get it- you don't like the previous incumbent (a massive disappointment to me, especally the second term). But don't pretend Trump good Obama bad, given the embarrassment of the North Korean escapades, for example.

Oh I'm even less of a fan of Bush and Clinton but some people here think Obama is God or something. He was a terrible president.

• Advertisement

KiKi III wrote: »
    It makes me feel kind of smug to know I’m smarter than the President of the USA.

Granted it’s a low bar.

Im sure if he read that, he'd be the smug one. How much are you worth? (rhetorical question)

Oh I'm even less of a fan of Bush and Clinton but some people here think Obama is God or something. He was a terrible president.

I think a lot of Americans who thought he was a terrible president would have preferred to have him at the helm of Covid 19.

At the very least, you could count on him to read his security briefings and implement the advice of experts.

Im sure if he read that, he'd be the smug one. How much are you worth? (rhetorical question)

Intelligence isn’t measured in dollars.

Any idiot can inherit a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The sad thing is that’s the only thing he measures himself by.

Everyone knows Donald Trump is far from stupid. You may hate him but he's not dumb. Nobody here really thinks he is. Can any idiot become US president?

• Advertisement

Everyone knows Donald Trump is far from stupid. You may hate him but he's not dumb. Nobody here really thinks he is. Can any idiot become US president?

Donald Trump has proven you can. The man who thought the revolutionary war was fought at the airports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

How much is Donald Trump worth?

Recent history certainly proves they can

and it takes a special kind of idiot to have less money than what he inherited

I would be almost certain is net worth is no where near the billions, more likely 100/200 million

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump a couple of days ago 'The EU was formed to take advantage of the United States'.
    Even someone with a primary school education know this is untrue

duploelabs wrote: »
    Trump a couple of days ago 'The EU was formed to take advantage of the United States'.
    Even someone with a primary school education know this is untrue

Trump a few weeks ago: 'inject people with bleach to clear out the lungs and get rid of the virus'

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during [an April 24] coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

Overheal wrote: »
    Trump a few weeks ago: 'inject people with bleach to clear out the lungs and get rid of the virus'

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute,” Trump said during [an April 24] coronavirus press briefing. “And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets inside the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

Trump two years ago, 'Trade was are good and easy to win'

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/969525362580484098

Such a bigly brain

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump is NOT intelligent , he is not well-read or informed on historical or current events. He would appear to have a limited ability to process information of even the most trivial complexity.

That is an undeniable fact.

He is however what we'd call a "cute hoor" - As someone else described him earlier , he is a world class snake oil salesman. A bizarre, insensitive combination of Walter Mitty and the Boy who cried Wolf.

He does have an ability to "read a room" but only to the extent of being to target peoples fears and weaknesses. He has no compassion or empathy.

There is nothing about the man that is worthy of respect or admiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Trump is NOT intelligent , he is not well-read or informed on historical or current events. He would appear to have a limited ability to process information of even the most trivial complexity.

He is however what we'd call a "cute hoor" - As someone else described him earlier , he is a world class snake oil salesman. A bizarre, insensitive combination of Walter Mitty and the Boy who cried Wolf.

He does have an ability to "read a room" but only to the extent of being to target peoples fears and weaknesses. He has no compassion or empathy.

Try saying that to the people of Doonbeg; they love him there because he gave them jobs.

branie2 wrote: »
    Try saying that to the people of Doonbeg; they love him there because he gave them jobs.

Purely an extension of 'he fixst de rouds'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

branie2 wrote: »

Have they seen any results of the hundreds of millions spent on Doonbeg by Trump, which might actually be Russian money laundering?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

If they have, they haven't said anything about it yet

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Reminds me of this exchange

How does the 'Party of Limited Government' keep doing these things with a **** eating grin?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/16/kemp-georgia-mask-mandates/?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_mm-kemp-935am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory-ans

GA Gov decrees invalid all city and local ordinances that mandate wearing of masks during the pandemic. His reason appears to solely be that he doesn't want cities and counties to have stronger precautions than he the Governor (presumably because he thinks it makes him look weak)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

The only politician here who might say something like this would be Danny Healy-Rae. That's the calibre of politician currently in the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

ollkiller wrote: »
    The only politician here who might say something like this would be Danny Healy-Rae. That's the calibre of politician currently in the White House.

I disagree I think Trump is a low iq ignoramus, with an overinflated ego. I think he genuinely thought he was being helpful with the bleach comments.

The Healy Reas on the other hand are actually come across as pretty well informed after a fashion. I heard one debate global warming on national radio with some scientist or other from Trinity I think. He wiped the floor with her, in fairness she was pretty poor and didn't seem to have the mental agility to compete with him at all.

Obviously the Healy-Reas are more reprehensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

The ex fox megaphone was just doing a whitehouse briefing, they have taken the raw data for hospitalizations away from the CDC. Obviously an extension of trumps, no testing = no cases. Now it will be if we dont publish the deaths they never happened.

The excuse was the whitehouse can handle the data better, and will give full access.

Oh, and apparently the testing shambles is Obamas fault because in 2009 he stopped testing for H1N1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Quin_Dub wrote:

Typical cluster b narcissist, hopefully his presidency is coming to an end, sadly America will be dealing with his mess for years

Just to be clear, Trump NEVER used the word "bleach". You are putting words in his mouth and evidently some posters have since taken that above quote as fact. Also, President Trump and his advisors were spitballing at the briefing. He was not giving formal directives & he did not suggest citizens inject disinfectant. The whole situation was taken out of context by the biased media and lapped up by gullible people. If Hillary had of said the exact same thing it would never have been mentioned.

As an aside, have you used hand sanitizer recently? Because if so, you used a disinfectant that was absorbed through your skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Just to be clear, Trump NEVER used the word "bleach". You are putting words in his mouth and evidently some posters have since taken that above quote as fact. Also, President Trump and his advisors were spitballing at the briefing. He was not giving formal directives & he did not suggest citizens inject disinfectant. The whole situation was taken out of context by the biased media and lapped up by gullible people. If Hillary had of said the exact same thing it would never have been mentioned.

As an aside, have you used hand sanitizer recently? Because if so, you used a disinfectant that was absorbed through your skin.

yea alcohol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement