Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Not a Trump guy but the focus on banruptcies is... weird. Approaching American banruptcy laws with an Irish mindset is foolish. The system over there is set-up to encourage you to avail of that.

I mean Henry Ford is in your list of failures if you zoom in on it. There's plenty to criticise the guy on, why this I don't know.

Did Henry Ford run for President of the US while telling people who successful he was but refusing to release his tax returns as is common for candidates to do?

The bankruptcies are evidence of the gap between what Trump says he is, and what the reality is.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Overheal wrote: »
    The thing about opening schools is Trump begging begging begging for it to happen, threatening to deport students if it doesn’t happen (since abandoned push after swift and logical outcry, I don’t think Trump or ICE bothered to think about how much foreign students contribute to colleges), is that if we do fling the schools open it will be soon enough that we could see a third wave before the election, and that would pretty much seal the deal for his re election prospects. Not that he won’t spin up and down that he was never a big proponent of opening schools should that come to be. What we don’t want to see is hundreds or thousands of kids crowding ICUs on ventilators etc. and I’m afraid that’s where he wants us to go.

Agreed - It likely won't be the kids filling the ICU's though , it will be the Teachers , school bus drivers ,school administrators , Parents and Grand-parents and so on.

Which is key to the stupidity of their arguments for re-opening.

"Kids don't get Covid" is the mantra , completely ignoring the fact that they are rampant asymptomatic carriers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

You are wrong. Go ahead and watch the briefing again, he did not mention the word bleach.

What does it matter, it was all a joke anyway.

The biggest joke are the supporters still trying to justify it weeks after Trump said it was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

The big problem now in the US is that the data is no longer controlled by independent sources it is been controlled by an administration who wants the numbers down and quickly.

How can anyone believe the US figures now.

The country is a complete mess and in real state of disrepair

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

kilns wrote: »
    The big problem now in the US is that the data is no longer controlled by independent sources it is been controlled by an administration who wants the numbers down and quickly.

How can anyone believe the US figures now.

The country is a complete mess and in real state of disrepair

Multiple media outlets have said that they will be going directly to the hospitals to collate the data.

They were doing this in the early days before the CDC began consolidating it.

No doubt Trump will declare it fake news if their numbers are different .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Multiple media outlets have said that they will be going directly to the hospitals to collate the data.

They were doing this in the early days before the CDC began consolidating it.

No doubt Trump will declare it fake news if their numbers are different .

very hard to collect data themselves like that

Trump will release his own figures and muddy the waters

The US is the laughing stock of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just texted my mate who lives in Portland for verification, so we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's been confirmed by multiple outlets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

For a man who's supporters are all about state's rights, he has no problem undermining those states rights when he wants to.

• Advertisement

randd1 wrote: »
    For a man who's supporters are all about state's rights, he has no problem undermining those states rights when he wants to.

That's what I've said about Gov Kemp of Georgia, who is a "small-government" virtue signaler, but ordered cities and counties in Georgia to cease their mask mandates, and is suing Atlanta over theirs. Similar hypocrisy swirled in North Carolina when they did the state level Bathroom Bill to stop small local governments from minding themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Look I'm going to go for now but just on Hillary not saying anything dumb... she has said and done some pretty dumb things over the years.... hot sauce, deplorables, Libya, clasified documents on servers, defending a peadophile she knew was guilty. I could go on and on

I never said she had never said anything dumb. But I will say that she's never said anything as dumb as Trump suggesting that chemicals could be used to "cleanse" the inside of the body.

Anyway, I won't say any more in response to your posts. It's pointless replying to you, so I won't waste my time in future.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/chris-wallace-calls-out-trump-in-new-interview-for-claim-biden-wants-to-defund-the-police-sir-he-does-not/

Chris Wallace has an upcoming interview to air with POTUS but he previewed a clip of it. In it, Trump adamantly claims that Biden wants to defund/abolish police. Wallace corrects him that it's completely untrue. So, Trump barks for a staffer to bring him 'the charter' - a 100 page or so 'compact' from Biden and Bernie Sanders that documents their policy agreements. Wallace says that Trump poured through the document trying to prove his point, taking pot shots at Biden as he went, but that he was unable to find any indication within the document that Biden supports defunding or abolishing the police. Wallace also noted that as he did so, Trump complained of the heat (they are seated outside the WH) - and he points out the idea to have the interview outside was none other than Donald Trump's.

Lincoln project have shifted tactic and now attacking Ivanka, ohhhhh the fake tanned buffoon will not be a happy bunny!

Lincoln project have shifted tactic and now attacking Ivanka, ohhhhh the fake tanned buffoon will not be a happy bunny!

In relation to Ivanka/WH's "Find Something New" campaign which as LP rightly points out stinks of "Let Them Eat Cake."

I love how now they finally have this ethos though, now telling out of work coal industrialists they vowed to bring back jobs for etc. to "Just find Something New!"

https://findsomethingnew.org/

In relation to Ivanka/WH's "Find Something New" campaign which as LP rightly points out stinks of "Let Them Eat Cake."

I love how now they finally have this ethos though, now telling out of work coal industrialists they vowed to bring back jobs for etc. to "Just find Something New!"

https://findsomethingnew.org/

Exactly,

"you have been a farmer/steel worker/coal miner for 40 years but now you can't pay your mortgage? Just find something new!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

What does it matter, it was all a joke anyway.

The biggest joke are the supporters still trying to justify it weeks after Trump said it was a joke.

The biggest joke are the TDS sufferers who with everything they have to actually attack Trump; decide to go for the low hanging fruit that he 'advocated to inject bleach'. Truly pathetic.

This post is for the benefit of other posters who might not be familiar with the subject matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

2u2me wrote: »
    The biggest joke are the TDS sufferers who with everything they have to actually attack Trump; decide to go for the low hanging fruit that he 'advocated to inject bleach'. Truly pathetic.

This post is for the benefit of other posters who might not be familiar with the subject matter.
    So do you believe in the middle of a pandemic when hundreds of thousands of Americans are dying, that at a press conference, that is the time to make a joke?

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4871089/user-clip-trump-injecting-disinfectant

"And then I see the disinfectant, that knocks it out in a minute.. and is there a way you can do something like, by injection, inside, or almost to clean... It sounds interesting to me."

Bleach is a disinfectant. What other disinfectant was he talking about? Alcohol? Hydrogen Peroxide? Only he knows. Bleach is as fair a supposition as any.

But referring back to the joke here, the punchline is we still see people adamantly defending what the President claimed was a joke. Good grief.

What is it with the Trump zealots that they hate having his mistakes bought up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

duploelabs wrote: »
      So do you believe in the middle of a pandemic when hundreds of thousands of Americans are dying, that at a press conference, that is the time to make a joke?

Nope. I face-palmed when he said he was being sarcastic.

1. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Bleach is a disinfectant. What other disinfectant was he talking about? Alcohol? Hydrogen Peroxide? Only he knows. Bleach is as fair a supposition as any.

I argued this with you a few weeks ago, I personally don't care whether it was bleach or disinfectant, but that he advocated others to do it. He said he wanted to check whether it would be a viable remedy, which is obviously rather stupid, but I also initially thought the UV light was rather stupid. A team of scientists working on whether UV light was a viable option to kill germs in the lungs were adversely affected afterwards.

2. Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

In his "I was being very sarcastic" diatribe linked above he tries to link it then specifically to hand sanitizer, so injecting patients with hand sanitizer.

I'm uh, I'm not clear on how that is much better than bleach to be fair. But yeah, go with that: Trump spent a crisis briefing to pat himself on the back about suggesting to SMEs that they explore injecting people with hand sanitizer and using [what he probably was thinking of endoscopy (and oh god, what 'scopy did Trump recently get to think of that!)] to bombard the inside of peoples bodies with UV/sun light. Brilliance.

3. Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I argued this with you a few weeks ago, I personally don't care whether it was bleach or disinfectant, but that he advocated others to do it. He said he wanted to check whether it would be a viable remedy, which is obviously rather stupid, but I also initially thought the UV light was rather stupid. A team of scientists working on whether UV light was a viable option to kill germs in the lungs were adversely affected afterwards.

He didn't go out of his way to directly say so no, but because of how gripped people are to these briefings, it was inevitable:

520274.PNG

To be fair and balanced however his BleachGate was April 23, and you can see a spike in these poisonings before that.

https://time.com/5835244/accidental-poisonings-trump/

4. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

What is it with the Trump zealots that they hate having his mistakes bought up?

I hate when people blame others for things they didn't actually do that's what gets me. I guess that makes me a Trump zealot in today's day and age.

Attack him for his tax returns(or lack thereof), his ego and his personality, his way of conducting himself or his policies and I'll be with you on that.

Attack him for his 'orangeness', "he advocated to inject bleach", Russia, incest, spaceforce, having a sore shoulder, try to silence him, etc......etc....... and not only do you lose me, but I start to seriously doubt your integrity and your character.

5. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

He didn't go out of his way to directly say so no, but because of how gripped people are to these briefings, it was inevitable:

To be fair and balanced however his BleachGate was April 23, and you can see a spike in these poisonings before that.

I can correlate the civil protests in the US in the 60's with whether it rained that day. If it was clear there was much more chance of protests happening. This doesn't mean the sunshine caused the protests.

Correlation is not causation. As your chart clearly illustrates; there were people doing their best to win Darwin awards long before what Trump said.

6. Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

But he did make the Spaceforce? What

7. Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

Probably the same morons who where doing the Tide pod challenge also. What person in there right mind would drink or inject bleach. FFS it’s common sense.

8. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

But he did make the Spaceforce? What

and he gets derided because of it?

9. Advertisement
    10. Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

and he gets derided because of it?

Yes, because it is as of yet entirely pointless, he just wanted to take credit for making something. It would be akin to him, as the President of 1903, establishing the USAF. As it is in fact, the USAF is perfectly capable of fulfilling the role of space presence and interdiction. Even Reagan didn't see otherwise, and that was the man who was starry-eyed (NPI) about the Star Wars program. It also didn't really jive with cultural expectations, where we expect to see organizations that are extensions of extant ones: Starfleet (The Navy), Colonial Marines, etc. - Space Force is just so dumb, eventually of course when literally everything is in space saying "We're the Space Force" will be embarassingly redundant, where you'll need to discern your space army from your space guard to your space patrol and space navy fleet etc. that you may as well just not engage in such a ridiculous exercise.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement