Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It would be an awful team mate who calls the ref only on his own teammates and not the opposing team.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

This interview segment has to been to be believed

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-trump-gets-in-bizarre-exchange-with-chris-wallace-over-cognitive-test-he-took/

Chris Wallace did a larger interview which should be looked up but this segment is pure gas.

Trump gets a new fox poll showing him losing the election at the moment. He is indignant. He gets a pole even that more voters think he is mentally unwell vs. Biden. He goes on about his cognition test and how hard it was. Wallace says he took the test and Trump says you probably didn’t finish the last 5 questions they were so hard. Wallace says on of the last questions was just to count backwards from 100 by 7s...

The photo overlays Wallace provides are also great, of the test itself (identify the elephant etc) and of Joe out in public as Trump is going on about him ‘never coming out of his bunker’

Top marks Chris Wallace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Overheal wrote: »

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-trump-gets-in-bizarre-exchange-with-chris-wallace-over-cognitive-test-he-took/

Chris Wallace did a larger interview which should be looked up but this segment is pure gas.

Trump gets a new fox poll showing him losing the election at the moment. He is indignant. He gets a pole even that more voters think he is mentally unwell vs. Biden. He goes on about his cognition test and how hard it was. Wallace says he took the test and Trump says you probably didn’t finish the last 5 questions they were so hard. Wallace says on of the last questions was just to count backwards from 100 by 7s...

The photo overlays Wallace provides are also great, of the test itself (identify the elephant etc) and of Joe out in public as Trump is going on about him ‘never coming out of his bunker’

Top marks Chris Wallace.

Looks like the whole interview was a disaster for Trump. Another segment he gets pissy over the death rate and calls Chris Wallace fake news. I'd expect more Hannity interviews been scheduled to minimize the damage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Top marks Chris Wallace.

That is absolutely hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    That is absolutely hilarious :D

The scary part is, Trump is dead serious when he says the questions are hard and he bets others wouldn't be able to answer them. I'm sure in Trumps mind they were hard but to the average 10 year old it would just be another day in school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

The scary part is, Trump is dead serious when he says the questions are hard and he bets others wouldn't be able to answer them. I'm sure in Trumps mind they were hard but to the average 10 year old it would just be another day in school.

Something tells me that Chris Wallace won't be getting any facetime with Trump again! What an absolute car crash that was. He is the most hopelessly uneducated and narcissistic person to ever hold a public office. Bar none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Something tells me that Chris Wallace won't be getting any facetime with Trump again! What an absolute car crash that was. He is the most hopelessly uneducated and narcissistic person to ever hold a public office. Bar none.

What about Hitler?

What about Hitler?

Hitler was educated and possibly one of the greatest orators of all time.

Hitler was educated and possibly one of the greatest orators of all time.

Trump is educated (a degree in Economics) & he may not be a great public speaker but he does connect with people judging by the fact that he won the presidency.

Trump is educated (a degree in Economics) & he may not be a great public speaker but he does connect with people judging by the fact that he won the presidency.

And yet he threatened to sue schools if they released any details of his exam results/SATS. He has also lied about his education.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Trump is badly in need of a big win but I can't see where it's going to come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

like pretty much everything in trumps life, his father bought his degree for him. He would struggle with a Leaving Cert economics paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

probably neoclassical, so i wouldnt worry about it, as it has little or no meaning in the real world

And yet he threatened to sue schools if they released any details of his exam results/SATS.

I'd be interested in reading about that. Any links?
    He has also lied about his education.

Not saying its not true but have you got a link?

Joe Biden: "I went to law school on a full academic scholarship, the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship, I ended up in the top half of my class. I was the outstanding student in the political sciences at the end of the year. I graduated with three degrees and 165 credits"

He later conceded that he did not graduate in the top half of his class, that he does not have three degrees & that he was not named outstanding political science student in college. He also conceded that he only had a half scholarship. He put the "errors" down to "faulty memory"

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/22/us/biden-admits-errors-and-criticizes-latest-report.html

Here's video footage of him blatantly lying about his education:

i cant speak for anybody else but this game you like to play is really getting old.

i cant speak for anybody else but this game you like to play is really getting old.

At the risk of getting banned, I'm going to leave the thread for now. But I will say, if you are going to claim Trump lied about his education, you need to back it up. In a thread where people claim Trump is stupid and uneducated, I think its important to post in an academically sound fashion. Bye for now.

Joe Biden: "I went to law school on a full academic scholarship, the only one in my class to have a full academic scholarship, I ended up in the top half of my class. I was the outstanding student in the political sciences at the end of the year. I graduated with three degrees and 165 credits"

He later conceded that he did not graduate in the top half of his class, that he does not have three degrees & that he was not named outstanding political science student in college. He also conceded that he only had a half scholarship. He put the "errors" down to "faulty memory"

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/22/us/biden-admits-errors-and-criticizes-latest-report.html

Here's video footage of him blatantly lying about his education:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/christopherrim/2019/02/28/heres-why-donald-trump-doesnt-want-anyone-to-know-his-grades-or-sat-scores/amp/
    he had sent letters to Trump’s high schools, colleges and the College Board (creator of the SAT), threatening them with legal action and jail time if they ever released Trump’s academic records. 
    Trump has repeatedly claimed (and allowed media outlets to report on his behalf) that he graduated ‘first in his class’ from the Wharton School at Penn. In fact, he wasn’t close—Trump graduated without honors.

At the risk of getting banned, I'm going to leave the thread for now. But I will say, if you are going to claim Trump lied about his education, you need to back it up. In a thread where people claim Trump is stupid and uneducated, I think its important to post in an academically sound fashion. Bye for now.

I have provided the link and relevant quoted parts.

Here you go in relation to him threatening to sue, dunno why you couldn't type it into Google tbh. Betting you're gonna try to nitpick. It also goes into him lying.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherrim/2019/02/28/heres-why-donald-trump-doesnt-want-anyone-to-know-his-grades-or-sat-scores/#20a85f4c3764

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

That interview is surreal, Trump is losing the plot. I especially like the part where he gets challenged on mortality numbers and he calls Kayleigh out from behind the camera to give him some fake numbers :D

Kellyanne Conway suggested earlier this week that Trump go back to doing his daily coronavirus briefings, has there been anything more said on that or is it going ahead? That would be just great now to have him out defending his awful record on that every day, it would be more nails in his coffin.

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    That interview is surreal, Trump is losing the plot. I especially like the part where he gets challenged on mortality numbers and he calls Kayleigh out from behind the camera to give him some fake numbers :D

Kellyanne Conway suggested earlier this week that Trump go back to doing his daily coronavirus briefings, has there been anything more said on that or is it going ahead? That would be just great now to have him out defending his awful record on that every day, it would be more nails in his coffin.

i would be very surprised if he went back to daily briefings. he isn't doing anything on covid at the moment. he has given up and left it to the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Top marks Chris Wallace.
    Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Looks like the whole interview was a disaster for Trump. Another segment he gets pissy over the death rate and calls Chris Wallace fake news. I'd expect more Hannity interviews been scheduled to minimize the damage

Holy crap Fox actively taking the p1ss out of him now, this is meltdown territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Mary says Sociopath but Don hears Psychopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wasn't it on Hannity's program a few weeks ago he was asked what he wanted to accomplish in his second term and he literally couldn't answer the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

MadYaker wrote: »
    Wasn't it on Hannity's program a few weeks ago he was asked what he wanted to accomplish in his second term and he literally couldn't answer the question?

Yup

https://twitter.com/skenigsberg/status/1276352606051467265?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

MadYaker wrote: »

Cause there is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Being streamed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

i would be very surprised if he went back to daily briefings. he isn't doing anything on covid at the moment. he has given up and left it to the states.

yeah Id be very surprised too and was also when Kellyanne suggested it. She reckons his numbers were high when doing the daily briefings and they could get that back again. I think they are desperate now to find ways to rescue him which is why she is considering a big risk like going back to the daily briefings because it would likely backfire spectacularly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Indeed - The fact that he describes some of the questions as "very hard" should be a red flag.

They are NOT supposed to be hard , the test is not an IQ test , it's a method to check for cognitive impairment .

Any normal functioning adult should have absolutely ZERO issue in readily answering each and every one of the questions in those tests.

If you find them challenging but get them correct , it's still a sign of cognitive decline albeit the very early stages of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement