Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Indeed - The fact that he describes some of the questions as "very hard" should be a red flag.

They are NOT supposed to be hard , the test is not an IQ test , it's a method to check for cognitive impairment .

Any normal functioning adult should have absolutely ZERO issue in readily answering each and every one of the questions in those tests.

If you find them challenging but get them correct , it's still a sign of cognitive decline albeit the very early stages of it.

I'd be impressed with anybody who was able to remember the 5 words at the end, without being forewarned that that question was coming up.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah Id be very surprised too and was also when Kellyanne suggested it. She reckons his numbers were high when doing the daily briefings and they could get that back again. I think they are desperate now to find ways to rescue him which is why she is considering a big risk like going back to the daily briefings because it would likely backfire spectacularly.

Numbers being high reminds me about Howard Stern. It was claimed his listeners either loved him or hated him and when asked why the listened to him both groups had the same answer, to hear what he'll say next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

At the risk of getting banned, I'm going to leave the thread for now. But I will say, if you are going to claim Trump lied about his education, you need to back it up. In a thread where people claim Trump is stupid and uneducated, I think its important to post in an academically sound fashion. Bye for now.

You wont be missed

kilns wrote: »
    You wont be missed

Don't be harsh, we'll miss him alright his levels of denial and perseverance are both fascinating and exacerbating.

I'm assuming he is male, as I've never heard of a woman called Kid.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Numbers being high reminds me about Howard Stern. It was claimed his listeners either loved him or hated him and when asked why the listened to him both groups had the same answer, to hear what he'll say next.

And that's Trumps problem - He thinks that "any" media attention is good attention.

That worked for him in his "Apprentice" Days
    Some watched the show because they loved him , some because the hated him , some because they just wanted to mock the whole thing.

And that was all good, because it was all Nielsen ratings and viewer volume to sell advertising.

And it worked to an extent in his 2016 run as he wasn't in charge of anything and it drove recognition etc.

Now though , he's in charge and supposed to be actually doing things and his obsession with "controlling the media streams" is hurting him and he simply can't see it.

He should be nowhere near the media talking about anything - His answer should be "I'm too busy running the country , there's work to be done" and only speak to the media to announce actual stuff that he has actually done or is doing.

If he did that , he'd be doing much better.

But he can't , he has to keep spewing nonsense about anything and everything.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »

Thanks for link, the picture of RBG under the heading "An imminent Supreme Court vacancy" was a little off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I see this lad is having a public breakdown

https://twitter.com/STRAPPEDUS/status/1284967628574846976

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Thanks for link, the picture of RBG under the heading "An imminent Supreme Court vacancy" was a little off.

I'd agree somewhat.

The thing about RGB is that if Biden wins , she will retire in January/February , no question. but if Trump wins she'll hold on ,but perhaps her health won't allow her to last another 4 years - I don't mean death necessarily but she may have to retire in the next 12-18 months.

A Supreme court seat potentially "Being in play" is something that will have an impact on the Election.

Trump definitely got some additional support for the seat that McConnell held open for Gorsuch in 2016.

The question this time is who might benefit more here?

Trump got 2 seats and shifted the Court to the right , but he and the evangelicals in particular haven't really seen the benefit of that so far.

So will another seat coming free in the next cycle get the evangelicals fired up again or will it make the liberals come out in force to try to keep the current balance on the court?

It definitely matters , but it's unclear who benefits the most in terms of the Election.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'd be impressed with anybody who was able to remember the 5 words at the end, without being forewarned that that question was coming up.

they are forewarned. I have watched the test being administered.

Another PAC creating anti-Trump ads. this one is short but very to the point.

https://twitter.com/UniteCountryPAC/status/1242627914866339840

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

RasTa wrote: »

I thought he'd pulled out? Christ he is some dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

RasTa wrote: »

He'll be back in hospital soon, he clearly is in the midst of a manic episode/breakdown. You'd think his wife or someone else from his family would step in and get him help

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Loncoln Projects new ad is pretty thought provoking, he definitely will not like this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Trump said in the interview that the US had the lowest Covid mortality rate in the world when Wallace said it was one of the highest?, who is lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,588 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump said in the interview that the US had the lowest Covid mortality rate in the world when Wallace said it was one of the highest?, who is lying?

Trump

When that question pops into your head trust me, the answer will always be Donald J Trump.

Another PAC creating anti-Trump ads. this one is short but very to the point.

https://twitter.com/UniteCountryPAC/status/1242627914866339840

I like the way they got Biden in there with Obama in between the two Bushs. Nice, you'd almost miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

[quot="Patrick2010;114088884"]Trump said in the interview that the US had the lowest Covid mortality rate in the world when Wallace said it was one of the highest?, who is lying?[/quote]
    Trump, they are in the top 5 or 6 worst in the world on a pear head of population and the worst on purely Amount of deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Loncoln Projects new ad is pretty thought provoking, he definitely will not like this one.

Key part of that video is 50 seconds in: the Republicans in question are monetising Covid deaths of people in the US. Two names crop up among the bio's of the team - George W. Bush, Senator John McCain. Both people that Trump dissed on his way to the presidency and the others have media associations with the New York Times and Washington Post are known never Trumpers.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭accensi0n

That video requires a lot of reading, nobody will pay attention to it.

That actually was the weakest bit of the whole thing. They showed their figures and Trumps graph with the source of both, but never explained the difference. That's just poor, like do they not understand?

I couldn't be arsed googling it, but what I think is both are correct. Won't stop me spouting off about it though.

Trump is talking about the current mortality rate in the US, which is pretty low, while the interviewer has the cumulative mortality rate.

A competent reporter would have wheeled out an "expert" to explain it. But I think they are banned from that network. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

accensi0n wrote: »

yeah, it was like reading War and Peace.

I must say, that one really hit me hard as a person. I'd say it would be very upsetting to Americans I'm not sure if it would turn more people off Trump or TLP.

Key part of that video is 50 seconds in: the Republicans in question are monetising Covid deaths of people in the US. Two names crop up among the bio's of the team - George W. Bush, Senator John McCain. Both people that Trump dissed on his way to the presidency and the others have media associations with the New York Times and Washington Post are known never Trumpers.

You're saying "never Trumpers" like it is a slur. They are patriots who put the interests of the country ahead of their own personal gain nearly four years ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's less than a minute long.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭accensi0n

It's less than a minute long.

I phrased my point badly. It's a video, but most of the content has no audio, I expect the americans that this is meant to sway to just be sitting back and waiting to hear something and see flashy images.

It's not very clear that they are coffins either, should have had a close up front on view and had it be open casket.

I phrased my point badly. It's a video, but most of the content has no audio, I expect the americans that this is meant to sway to just be sitting back and waiting to hear something and see flashy images.

It's not very clear that they are coffins either, should have had a close up front on view and had it be open casket.

Ha I understand. Just come out and call them a basket of deplorables.;)

Was obvious enough to me but they could have put crosses on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

"We cannot give up liberty for security. Local law enforcement can and should be handling these situations in our cities but there is no place for federal troops or unidentified federal agents rounding people up at will."
    Rand Paul.

Trouble ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

"We cannot give up liberty for security. Local law enforcement can and should be handling these situations in our cities but there is no place for federal troops or unidentified federal agents rounding people up at will."
    Rand Paul.

Trouble ahead?

Rand Paul is a loathsome toad, as a Doctor his questioning of Dr Fauci should have him struck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

duploelabs wrote: »
    Rand Paul is a loathsome toad, as a Doctor his questioning of Dr Fauci should have him struck off.

Most certainly, wasn't he an eye doctor?
    The fact he's disagreeing with Trump says a lot though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Most certainly, wasn't he an eye doctor?
    The fact he's disagreeing with Trump says a lot though.

He's done it before and I wouldn't be surprised if more do it now to protect their own seats

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement