Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

You're saying "never Trumpers" like it is a slur. They are patriots who put the interests of the country ahead of their own personal gain nearly four years ago.

The gameplan was Bush vs Clinton, the money was behind Jeb. Trump usurped the Republican establishment (versus 17 candidates) with the aid of the Clinton campaign in the early stages of the RNC selection. An own goal perhaps.
    It was senator McCain the warmongering patriot who assisted the Clinton campaign with the fake dossier. In the end their patriotism failed to beat Trumps ego.

I have a hunch that a sizeable portion of the American voters have gone dark about their intentions and the poll surveys are picking up many people saying ‘no choice’. I suspect they are voting for Trump and don’t want to share this information with the pollsters. I can be wrong of course.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

The gameplan was Bush vs Clinton, the money was behind Jeb. Trump usurped the Republican establishment (versus 17 candidates) with the aid of the Clinton campaign in the early stages of the RNC selection. An own goal perhaps.
    It was senator McCain the warmongering patriot who assisted the Clinton campaign with the fake dossier. In the end their patriotism failed to beat Trumps ego.

I have a hunch that a sizeable portion of the American voters have gone dark about their intentions and the poll surveys are picking up many people saying ‘no choice’. I suspect they are voting for Trump and don’t want to share this information with the pollsters. I can be wrong of course.

That's allegedly fake, partially verified would be a more accurate description.
    No way you are wrong you should gamble your house on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1285299379746811915?s=20

In a month or two, Trump will claim he was the one calling for everyone to wear masks all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

More about the Lincoln project.

https://twitter.com/jasonrantz/status/1285406920778477568
    On the Ingraham Angle, @BenShapiro shreds the anti-Trump “Lincoln Project” group as an “incredible grift” and torches failed presidential candidate John Kasich.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What opinion do you have on it yourself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Ben Shapiro is an idiot. There is no other word for it.

His scorching hot take on climate change was "If sea levels rise 5 or 10 meters, people will just sell their houses and move".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hoop66 wrote: »
    Ben Shapiro is an idiot. There is no other word for it.

His scorching hot take on climate change was "If sea levels rise 5 or 10 meters, people will just sell their houses and move".

He's not an idiot. He's a professional troll.

He exists as a sort of ideological and intellectual comfort blanket to fragile white conservatives, nationalists and racists. He'll use pretensions of having done research along with several disingenuous tactics to shut down debates and poison the well. When he's challenged with someone superior like Andrew Neil his trolling routine is exposed for what it is.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

He exists as a sort of ideological and intellectual comfort blanket to fragile white conservatives, nationalists and racists. He'll use pretensions of having done research along with several disingenuous tactics to shut down debates and poison the well. When he's challenged with someone superior like Andrew Neil his trolling routine is exposed for what it is.

He is all those things. And an idiot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Hoop66 wrote: »
    He is all those things. And an idiot.

I think it's important to be precise with words. Shapiro is not an idiot. He's exploiting the culture war for personal gain while contributing to political division.

Trump is an idiot. Shapiro is more of a con man.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement

I think it's important to be precise with words. Shapiro is not an idiot. He's exploiting the culture war for personal gain while contributing to political division.

Trump is an idiot. Shapiro is more of a con man.

Yeah, fair enough. I'll describe him as "nowhere near as smart as he thinks he is".

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

He only seems to want to debate college students. Which isn't surprising considering what happened when he met Andrew Neil.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    He only seems to want to debate college students. Which isn't surprising considering what happened when he met Andrew Neil.

Of course. There's a reason bullies pick on those weaker than them. Blows his whole "I've done the research" persona to bits as well. He did apologise afterwards but the mask had slipped and what is seen cannot be unseen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Similar to what happened in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Just listened to a podcast on what's been happening in Portland. Un-badged, unidentifiable federal agents pulling people into unmarked vehicles. It's the kind of thing you'd expect 50 years ago in a South American dictatorship. It's unbelievable stuff.

ELM327 wrote: »

2016 was always within a margin of error for Trump to win. Polling is drastically worse for him this time round.

This is the usual silent majority nonsense.

Trump has legitimised his base's racism, xenophobia, hatred and selfishness. Voting for him would be a matter of pride for them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

tigger123 wrote: »
    Just listened to a podcast on what's been happening in Portland. Un-badged, unidentifiable federal agents pulling people into unmarked vehicles. It's the kind of thing you'd expect 50 years ago in a South American dictatorship. It's unbelievable stuff.

And Trump wants to go into New York and Chicago next.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

ELM327 wrote: »

There's no evidence to support that - the "don't knows" or undecideds in the polls are smaller than the gap between Trump and Biden.

That's what's different so far from 2016 - Then , there was a fairly large undecided category and it was those that swung to Trump in the last 2 or 3 months.

At this point , they don't exist in sufficient numbers for him to do that.

It's still ~100 days , so things that can change , but the fundamentals are very different from 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

tigger123 wrote: »

Or Belarus.

I was watching people protesting last night just being grabbed and thrown into vans and jailed for weeks without trial, then all of sudden camera man gone, grabbed, back of a van.

No surprised the President has aligned thinking with the artificially tanned one.

• Advertisement

Republican Ohio House Speaker arrested on federal charges for his involvement in a $60M bribery scheme along with other former officials

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ohio-house-speaker-arrested-on-federal-charges-in-connection-with-60-million-bribery-scheme/

Arguably Biden has just secured Ohio.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Overheal wrote: »
    Republican Ohio House Speaker arrested on federal charges for his involvement in a $60M bribery scheme along with other former officials

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ohio-house-speaker-arrested-on-federal-charges-in-connection-with-60-million-bribery-scheme/

Arguably Biden has just secured Ohio.

I'm sorry - The leader of the Ohio House is actually called Mr. Householder ????
    Ohio House Speaker Larry Householder was arrested Tuesday for taking part in a $60 million bribery scheme.

Householder, who returned to office after a 12-year hiatus, was previously under federal investigation for money laundering and irregular campaign practices in 2004. No charges were filed in the initial investigation.

He was arrested alongside former Ohio Chairman Matt Borges, Householder’s adviser Jeff Longstreth, and two lobbyists.

Householder was named the Ohio Speaker of the House in 2001 after serving in the state house for five years. He spent two terms as speaker before leaving office in 2004, the year he was initially investigated. In 2016, Householder ran to get his seat back and won with 72 percent of the vote. Three years later, Householder was once again named Speaker of the House.

So , he was investigated for money laundering , hid away for a few years and then came back and was elected with 72% of the vote and the Ohio GOP made him their Speaker??

Well - It should help Biden , but you'd also hope it would help the Democrats get control of the Statehouse as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Trump is back to his corona virus briefings tonight at 10pm Irish time

https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Trump is back to his corona virus briefings tonight at 10pm Irish time

https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

Aye I am looking forward to this, chances it goes tits up must be very high!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Another PAC running anti-trump ads. nothing new here but when you see it all together in one video the only response is "YIKES!"

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1280981261591261185

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

LOL I love all the American political mud slinging :D

Creepy Uncle Joe has his moments too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Whereas

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/assault-allegations-donald-trump-recapped

Or there's
    "Johnson claimed that Trump violently raped her when she was 13 at a 1994 orgy hosted by Jeffrey Epstein"

A testimony she withdrew after harrasement, which there is precidence with Michael Cohen on Stormy Daniels
    www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2016/11/3/13501364/trump-rape-13-year-old-lawsuit-katie-johnson-allegation

duploelabs wrote: »
    Whereas

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/politics/assault-allegations-donald-trump-recapped

Or there's
    "Johnson claimed that Trump violently raped her when she was 13 at a 1994 orgy hosted by Jeffrey Epstein"

A testimony she withdrew after harrasement, which there is precidence with Michael Cohen on Stormy Daniels
    www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2016/11/3/13501364/trump-rape-13-year-old-lawsuit-katie-johnson-allegation

There's also E Jean Carroll's lawsuit, where they are still seeking Trump's DNA sample to prove/disprove his DNA being on the dress he allegedly raped her in in the 90s. He has fought that suit tooth and nail, but even the SCOTUS has blown up his absolute immunity defense, her lawyers have already move forward to skewer it after Trump v Vance.

https://lawandcrime.com/awkward/e-jean-carrolls-lawyer-is-already-using-trump-v-vance-decision-against-trumps-immunity-arguments/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That was the strategy two years ago. It went about as well as that time when the Jeffrey Dahmer Campaign for POTUS ran ads against Obama suggesting that he was a bit murdery over a video where he killed a fly.

• Advertisement

That was the strategy two years ago. It went about as well as that time when the Jeffrey Dahmer Campaign for POTUS ran ads against Obama suggesting that he was a bit murdery over a video where he killed a fly.

what?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement