Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump today issued another wholly unconstitutional EO trying to instruct the administration to disregard the count of undocumented non-citizens

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/experts-trumps-insultingly-unconstitutional-census-order-is-only-meant-to-stoke-anti-immigrant-fervor/

A stay order and countersuit is expected to shortly follow. Red meat for his constitutionally-ignorant, xenophobic base.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Overheal wrote: »
    what?

Ah, sometimes I get caught up in the absurdity of it all.

Ah, sometimes I get caught up in the absurdity of it all.

Can you link to this ad I meant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Lincoln Project founders have ties to Russia and tax troubles, docs reveal
    But the group — which the National Review on Monday dubbed “The Grifter Project” and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) last week dismissed as a “cabal of political consultants all in it for the money” — don’t exactly practice what they preach.

Co-founder Weaver, a political consultant known for his work on John McCain’s and John Kasich’s presidential campaigns, registered as a Russian foreign agent for uranium conglomerate TENEX in a six-figure deal last year, filings with the Department of Justice show.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

Okay? He is or was a registered foreign agent at the time. Nothing wrong with that.

The reason Flynn got in trouble was he was not registered yet acted as such for the Turkish government. Rudy Giuliani, who the NYP highlights here, as it being hypocritical for Lincoln Project to criticize, has never registered as a foreign agent, despite his cloak and dagger antics in Russia and Ukraine. So I don’t see the hypocrisy that NYP thinks they’ve dredged up.

Tax troubles? Trump won’t even release his, so what level field are we playing on trying to character assassinate his detractors for tax issues? Amazing how this all comes up as Lincoln Project is doing well in their PR campaign against the President, and I for one am shocked the New York Post is defending the President. It’s not like they’ve endorsed him or anything... :rolleyes: and these “tax troubles” are liens, because they owe more than they can pay. It’s not tax evasion, or anything? Where’s the fat guy from Jurassic Park meme: everyone this guy has an outstanding structured debt with the IRS! Nobody cares, the NYP is just debt shaming here - all the while letting us know that Trumps campaign and it’s sympatico outlets are threatened by Lincoln Projects efforts.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Trump supporters have no problem with Trump doing this so why are they pretending to care when someone else does it?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Cormyn is pissed because the lincoln project are spending money against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Lincoln Project have deep pockets too, they raised $18m just in the last quarter alone and thats set to grow as the videos resonate more and more. I can see them being a significant factor in this election, the Biden campaign must be thinking all their Christmasses have come at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The Lincoln Project have deep pockets too, they raised $18m just in the last quarter alone and thats set to grow as the videos resonate more and more. I can see them being a significant factor in this election, the Biden campaign must be thinking all their Christmasses have come at once.
    It's worth noting that most republicans can't stand Trump. The reason they voted for him, in low numbers I might add, was because they despised Hillary Clinton more.

Most republicans are actually ordinary people, they have their view on politics and government spending and it differs from democrats, and they definitely shouldn't be confused with the (often under-educated and ripe for populist propaganda) Tea Party nuts that claim to be republicans in the US to who Trump has geared all his politics towards.

Trump biggest popular decision was his big tax cut. It put about 50 dollars a week in the pockets of the working man. Great for them, and that's what a lot of people will remember when they go to the polls.

What they don't see is the massive depletion of funds for public services, which in a coming recession is going to severely hurt the American people, particularly the low to middle income tax payer who are going to suffer badly who will be fleeced. Even more so now that his international trade policies have effectively shut off American farmers, steel workers and various other industries from foreign trade due to tariffs, and has pretty much alienated every ally internationally which is going make trade even harder.

It's not in the least bit surprising that there have risen up in the re-election year a subset of republicans that can see what's coming down the line that want him gone before he collapses the country.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

The Donald is 7/4 with Betfair it's worth a punt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Limpy wrote: »

Show us an image of the slip when you have the bet placed.

Biden and Obama will livestream a pre-recorded conversation Tomorrow at some time yet to be announced

https://twitter.com/joebiden/status/1285899895422046209?s=21

Those in the US can text “TOGETHER” to 30330 to get notified when it’s live, which is a peculiar way of doing things, but alright, it’s refreshing to hear from President Obama again, to remind people what an empathetic person in the White House used to look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Limpy wrote: »

If you hold off for a bit, the price should improve, right up to the night of the election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭king_of_mayo

If you hold off for a bit, the price should improve, right up to the night of the election.

Paddy Power and others paid out on Hillary the day before the election IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭king_of_mayo

livestream a pre-recorded conversation

... Am I missing something?

Paddy Power and others paid out on Hillary the day before the election IIRC.

It was a couple weeks after the Hollywood Access tape, in October.

... Am I missing something?

Nope, lol. A bit like how we used to watch pre-recorded television shows on television at a scheduled time on a predetermined channel. A bit retro if you ask me.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Nope, lol. A bit like how we used to watch pre-recorded television shows on television at a scheduled time on a predetermined channel. A bit retro if you ask me.

A bit like the "Recorded in front of a live studio audience" thing , but without the audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Show us an image of the slip when you have the bet placed.

Don't do it, this is a trap; that's how they got another posted banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

iGTVR.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

It was a couple weeks after the Hollywood Access tape, in October.

Yeah last election I had Trump backed at 7/1 from way out and Clinton in the primaries at 3/1 to be the first female president. After the Access Hollywood tape Paddy Power paid out on Clinton and they also offered me cash back of 50% on the Trump bet. I took it as there was no way I could see him winning after that tape emerged. Wish I had of hung on but it looked over for Trump at the time. Was still laughing at backing both candidates and getting paid out on both, not often that happens. I believe PP lost over 250k by paying out on Clinton early so it wasnt a good election on them

Republican Ohio House Speaker arrested on federal charges for his involvement in a $60M bribery scheme along with other former officials

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/ohio-house-speaker-arrested-on-federal-charges-in-connection-with-60-million-bribery-scheme/

Arguably Biden has just secured Ohio.

Thats good news for Biden, I believe Ohioans have a saying that 'Iowa picks corn while Ohio picks presidents'. Its plagaurised from New Hampshire but both states can legitimately claim to be extraordinarily accurate at picking who the President will be. In 54 Presidential elections Ohio has predicted the president 45 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

2u2me wrote: »

Nobody got a poster banned, the poster got themselves banned.

Death by mod, happens all the time.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah last election I had Trump backed at 7/1 from way out and Clinton in the primaries at 3/1 to be the first female president. After the Access Hollywood tape Paddy Power paid out on Clinton and they also offered me cash back of 50% on the Trump bet. I took it as there was no way I could see him winning after that tape emerged. Wish I had of hung on but it looked over for Trump at the time. Was still laughing at backing both candidates and getting paid out on both, not often that happens. I believe PP lost over 250k by paying out on Clinton early so it wasnt a good election on them

Thats good news for Biden, I believe Ohioans have a saying that 'Iowa picks corn while Ohio picks presidents'. Its plagaurised from New Hampshire but both states can legitimately claim to be extraordinarily accurate at picking who the President will be. In 54 Presidential elections Ohio has predicted the president 45 times.
    PP lost millions according to googling I did earlier for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Are you implying I am setting a trap for someone?
    That is absolutely not the case. I'm just seeing if someone is so confident in something, are they willing to put their own money on the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Are you implying I am setting a trap for someone?
    That is absolutely not the case. I'm just seeing if someone is so confident in something, are they willing to put their own money on the table.

I'm sorry for suggesting your intention. It was just reminiscent of what happened a few weeks ago with another poster who was asked the same thing, who eventually got banned for doing it. Best to not revisit that **** show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm sorry for suggesting your intention. It was just reminiscent of what happened a few weeks ago with another poster who was asked the same thing, who eventually got banned for doing it. Best to not revisit that **** show.

I don't think their ban pertained to posting betting slips, more the manner in which they did and gaslighted the others who did

duploelabs wrote: »
    I don't think their ban pertained to posting betting slips, more the manner in which they did and gaslighted the others who did

That was my understanding as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

That's not true - other posters posted betting slips, and were not banned. The mod who banned them explicitly also said it was for trolling. You would have known this too, as you were following the thread at the time.

Here is the post from the mod who banned them:
    mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: @da_miser - I already asked you to drop these stupid 'betting' posts. Being honest, your posting style is dangerously approaching trolling. Readjust, or I'll consider it as such.

<edit>Nevermind - I just saw your follow up posts. You're trolling. Don't post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I forget which poster was asking me to post a betting slip but I was not aware people were banned for such things. If that was intentional it is absolutely disgraceful carry on. Just because I have a different opinion (me and half of the US)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I forget which poster was asking me to post a betting slip but I was not aware people were banned for such things. If that was intentional it is absolutely disgraceful carry on. Just because I have a different opinion (me and half of the US)

It’s already been explained that it’s not some sort of trap and that that poster was banned for trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement