Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I forget which poster was asking me to post a betting slip but I was not aware people were banned for such things. If that was intentional it is absolutely disgraceful carry on. Just because I have a different opinion (me and half of the US)

1. (again) they weren't banned for betting slips.

2. Half the US?? 39% currently identify with being Republican leaning according to Gallup polling conducted in June. In case you're not so good at maths, that's a lot less than half

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I forget which poster was asking me to post a betting slip but I was not aware people were banned for such things. If that was intentional it is absolutely disgraceful carry on. Just because I have a different opinion (me and half of the US)
    Read the post a few above ffs before you go off with your "poor me" sh1te.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

salmocab wrote: »
    It’s already been explained that it’s not some sort of trap and that that poster was banned for trolling.
    I'm lead to believe like President Turd , his fanboi's can just about read but absorb nothing when they do.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

salmocab wrote: »
    It’s already been explained that it’s not some sort of trap and that that poster was banned for trolling.

And it should be noted that the poster in question was daring all and sundry to post up their Biden bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

nobody has been banned for posting a betting slip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Apologies, I didn't see the posts re. poster wasn't banned for asking for betting slips. You people do know how message boards work yes? Sometimes we are typing a messages in sync with each other leading to crossed wires.

And it should be noted that the poster in question was daring all and sundry to post up their Biden bets.

I hope your not talking about me. I said if I remember correctly "Id never darken the doorstep of a bookies". I despise gambling. I'd never do it and I'd never encourage anyone else to.

Apologies, I didn't see the posts re. poster wasn't banned for asking for betting slips. You people do know how message boards work yes? Sometimes we are typing a messages in sync with each other leading to crossed wires.

I hope your not talking about me. I said if I remember correctly "Id never darken the doorstep of a bookies". I despise gambling. I'd never do it and I'd never encourage anyone else to.

No im not talking about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

What are Biden and Obama gonna be talking about I wonder. They won’t mention trump by name I suspect.

MadYaker wrote: »
    What are Biden and Obama gonna be talking about I wonder. They won’t mention trump by name I suspect.

I suspect they wont mention the Durham report either

https://www.lawfareblog.com/durham-investigation-what-we-know-and-what-it-means

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Why would they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

MadYaker wrote: »

It'll be mostly Barack talking. Can't have sleepy joe out of the freezer for too long, he'll forget where he is.

"I'm gonna beat Joe Biden" - Joe Biden.

ELM327 wrote: »
    It'll be mostly Barack talking. Can't have sleepy joe out of the freezer for too long, he'll forget where he is.

sleepy joe. *YAWN*

you need to think of something new.

He said "I'm going to be Joe Biden", must it be pointed out to you that Trump actively described the great work of the air force during the Civil War?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Just because Trump uses nicknames that a primary school child would shun, doesn't mean you've to debase yourself by doing the same

"We need to find the oranges of this"

Donald J Trump.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Sleepy Joe. How original.

Do you not see any contradiction at all in your pretend concerns for Biden's cognitive capacity while defending to the hilt a man who advocated injecting bleach and bragged about being able to pass a basic cognitive test?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Do you not see any contradiction at all in your pretend concerns for Biden's cognitive capacity while defending to the hilt a man who advocated injecting bleach and bragged about being able to pass a basic cognitive test?

not a contradiction as such, just pure hypocrisy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,923 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

not a contradiction as such, just pure hypocrisy.

I was trying to be polite.

Is this what's going to happen when Biden wins? Trump supporters are going to suddenly start pretending to care about international relations, the economy, spending and how the president looks to both Americans and the world at large?

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Is this what's going to happen when Biden wins? Trump supporters are going to suddenly start pretending to care about international relations, the economy, spending and how the president looks to both Americans and the world at large?
    Thankfully we'll never have to know.

I prefer creepy Joe but either way, its about as orignal as calling Trump and idiot or a clown
    a man who advocated injecting bleach

If him mentioning injecting disinfectant is so bad, why do you continue to use the word bleach? It really looks like your trying to make his breifing look worse than it actually was. Bleach is a disinfectant but there are a multitude of disinfectants. Im not a doctor but Im sure there are some injections that could be clasified as disinfectant. Either way, try to be more accurate going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭ollkiller

I prefer creepy Joe but either way, its about as orignal as calling Trump and idiot or a clown

If him mentioning injecting disinfectant is so bad, why do you continue to use the word bleach? It really looks like your trying to make his breifing look worse than it actually was. Bleach is a disinfectant but there are a multitude of disinfectants. Im not a doctor but Im sure there are some injections that could be clasified as disinfectant. Either way, try to be more accurate going forward.

Can you just not move on. Trump said something that if any normal person said it you'd be caling for the people in white coats to take them away. Just move on already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Biden calling Trump the first racist US president.

Biden needs a history lesson.

I do pity the US, 2 absolute eejits fighting it out to become president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Edgware wrote: »
    Do we need old man Biden with his finger on the button?

The calibre of some people and the way this election is shaping up is absolutely disgraceful. Really bottom of the barrell cheap insults. I would go as far as saying many Trump supporters are absolute scumbags like the man himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: half page of shítposting deleted.

@Boggles - don't post in the thread again. Everyone else, cop on or you will join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Nope, I'd say when Biden wins Trump will claim all sorts of fraud, rile up his base and claim their government is trying to control them, kicking off the headcases up and down the country. Between that and Covid its going to be a very messy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Gassing and nabbing American mothers off the streets with secret police is not going to help him. Items including unconstitutional actions like 'pre emptively' arresting people for crimes not committed (including being in the vicinity of someone who pointed a light at these goons, which is what DHS themselves claim to have taken someone for) is not going to play well, even with a good few of those happy to ignore little children being taken from their parents and put in concentration camps and priests being gassed on church grounds.

Of course, there's a certain cohort who will love it - including boards members who get giddy at the thought of police and military beating the sh*t out of people and have come to realise they actually love fascism over the last 3 or 4 years. He could run daily, public executions of protesters and political enemies without trial in his press conferences and at this stage, wouldn't lose more than 5-10% of his remaining support.

But this stunt is going to lose Trump even more voters, even if only a few, while not gaining him any. It's just another in a long list of stupid, pathetic moves by a stupid, pathetic person.

I do love the complete lack of care from the pro Cliven Bundy crowd though, who raged against government tyranny when protesters were not being gassed en masse or grabbed off the street, and made a point of travelling to armed standoffs with them wherever possible. The ones that love to shout about states rights, while several states are currently insisting Trumps secret police get the f*** out of there immediately. Barely if even a peep out of them and just about none in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Also regarding elections, if it is an actual free and open one (not too likely imo) that Biden wins, expect one or both of the following.

1. Trump tries to keep in power by force. If the military side with him, he stays in power for as long as he wants and the next few years sees a Turkey like rapid erosion of anything resembling democracy. If the military do not, its going to get extremely violent as Trump supporters take to the streets heavily armed, like we saw with the Bundy fiasco and with 'liberating' states only a few months ago. Neither way does it end well.

2. If Trump fails to keep a grip on power, he boards a plane to Moscow where there is no extradition treaty a few days before the end of his term, and never steps foot in the US again. The reason for this (and point 1) is that even Trump and many of his advisers will be well aware that he will be arrested within days or even hours of the end of his term, and will no longer have legal immunity because of Republicans in the Senate protecting him.

Also, 3: twitter will be perma-banning him very shortly after he is out of office. You can bank on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The test Trump took was a cognitive abiity test which is designed to test early stages of alzheimers . It is deliberately made easy
    As the president started boasting about his results, Wallace laughed. “I took the test too when I heard that you passed it,” the Fox News host told Trump. “It’s not – well it’s not the hardest test. They have a picture and it says ‘what’s that’ and it’s an elephant.’”
    This, according to Trump, was “misrepresentation”. “Yes, the first few questions are easy,” he conceded. “But I’ll bet you couldn’t even answer the last five questions. I’ll bet you couldn’t, they get very hard, the last five questions.” He added: “I guarantee you that Joe Biden could not answer those questions.”

So what is the test and are the last five questions, as Trump claims, really so difficult?
    The test is called the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA), and was created by the neurologist Dr Ziad Nasreddine in 1996. Talking to MarketWatch on Monday, Nasreddine stressed that the test “is supposed to be easy for someone who has no cognitive impairment”, stressing that “this is not an IQ test or the level of how a person is extremely skilled or not. The test is supposed to help physicians detect early signs of Alzheimer’s.”
    There are a few different versions of the test with small variations (such as the words to remember or animals to name), but the questions are generally the same. We can’t tell for sure which version Trump took, but as he said he did it recently, I’ve taken the latest MoCA test from their website.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/21/donald-trump-cognitive-test-closer-look

The test is here if anyone wants to take it, requires setting up an account though
    https://www.mocatest.org/paper/

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Indeed- so list the disinfectants that you think can be administered intravenously in spite of your lack of qualifications to do so.

Jesus wept, bemoaning inaccuracies whilst spouting speculative nonsense.

Do you not see how you devalue your defence of Trump by coming out with stuff like this?

• Advertisement

i was in with my mother today to see the gerontologist about her dementia. i noticed a questionnaire with Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MOCA) on the top. I asked the doc if that was the test that trump took. she rolled her eyes when i mentioned that trump thought the questions were hard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement