Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

MadYaker wrote: »
    So you're in favour of ending lockdown and just ignoring this virus?
    No.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

notobtuse wrote: »
    You know it isn't... It another incoherent rambling from Joe Biden. Democrats are worried about Joe and many are calling for Andrew Cuomo to replace him on the ticket. But that is problematic. So now they think Biden should pick him as his VP running mate. That way if Joe would win they can move to replace him with Cuomo some time after he becomes president. But that creates another problem as Joe has promised to pick a woman as his running mate. I wonder how he’ll spin that boondoggle.

How would I know it wasn't him? I ain't a biden fan.

They sound very similar like they're are in the middle of strokes or brain aneurysmisms when they speak..

Who would you recommend to replace Trump?

Billy Mays wrote: »
    You must've been absolutely raging when dotard said he had total authority a couple of days ago

You weren't though were you??!!

ohLohOQ.gif
    I explained it earlier. I'm tired of having to keep repeating myself. Look it up.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

How would I know it wasn't him? I ain't a biden fan.

They sound very similar like they're are in the middle of strokes or brain aneurysmisms when they speak..

Who would you recommend to replace Trump?
    Why would I recommend someone to replace Trump? He's most probably going to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Why would I recommend someone to replace Trump? He's most probably going to win.

Hahaha what planet are you living on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I explained it earlier. I'm tired of having to keep repeating myself. Look it up.
    If you're tired from that you must be f*cking exhausted from all the mental gymnastics

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Stopping people travelling from the country where the outbreak was rampant into one that had a very small amount of cases, did "nothing"?? :confused:

Since the US did nothing else to prepare then yes it did nothing. Not sure what’s confusing about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

200415-michigan-protest-video-tease__415481.focal-760x428.jpgWireAP_b6ef41a7ac6741e6930b4e5cd7c1baf6_16x9_992.jpg5849840e19ce4fd3a355b6226e4cdd4b_md.jpg

8294276329_af4037a449_z.jpg

But why would someone try to misrepresent them as practicing social distancing?

Are you trying to tell me that people tell lies on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

But why would someone try to misrepresent them as practicing social distancing?

Are you trying to tell me that people tell lies on the internet?

He explicitly said NOT abiding by social distancing in his post?

If you're tired from that you must be f*cking exhausted from all the mental gymnastics
    No mental gymnastics, but dealing with TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) HAS become exhausting. Too bad I'm not a doctor or I'd be rich from having to council ya'll.

• Advertisement

Probably the same reason you think the Dems want to replace biden with Cuomo?
    I'm near sure I've read posts of yours about biden "not fit" to be president.. you respond to my pic with a load of gobbly gook from biden, sounds like deflection..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

No mental gymnastics, but dealing with TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) HAS become exhausting. Too bad I'm not a doctor or I'd be rich from having to council ya'll.
    Yep, mental gymnastics on an almost daily basis for all to see icon14.png

Stopping people travelling from the country where the outbreak was rampant into one that had a very small amount of cases, did "nothing"?? :confused:

It's a bit like al the french work that went into fortifying the Maginot Line.

I could be wrong of course and we might find that this action that Trump took that you are so impressed by may save the US from thousands of deaths. Only time will tell.

Probably the same reason you think the Dems want to replace biden with Cuomo?
    I'm near sure I've read posts of yours about biden "not fit" to be president.. you respond to my pic with a load of gobbly gook from biden, sounds like deflection..
    No, I think the democrats want to replace Biden with Cuomo, because of some national polls that state it.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/democrats-want-to-drop-joe-biden-for-andrew-cuomo-poll-finds/

Since the US did nothing else to prepare then yes it did nothing. Not sure what’s confusing about that.

Yeah but he blocked flights from one place so he needs to be endlessly praised and any self-respecting boot-licker will never forget that.

Yeah but he blocked flights from one place so he needs to be endlessly praised and any self-respecting boot-licker will never forget that.
    No, because he took the correct action before anyone else did that ultimately saved thousands, if not tens of thousands, of lives.

No, I think the democrats want to replace Biden with Cuomo, because of some national polls that state it.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/10/democrats-want-to-drop-joe-biden-for-andrew-cuomo-poll-finds/

#fakenews

The poll, conducted April 3-6, was commissioned by the conservative pro-market Club for Growth, which generally supports Republican candidates.

Okay so why quote a load of Biden gobbly gook to a post that was humour?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Hahaha what planet are you living on?

I seem to remember you expressing similar incredulity with the following:
    Do republicans not realise that by nominating Trump they basically give the presidency to Hillary? I'd imagine most republicans, even supporters of Trump, would choose Jeb over Hillary so why nominate Trump who doesn't stand a chance???
    Trump is unelectable. Although I think it would be funny if he got the nomination because then we could all watch him get humiliated by Hillary.

What makes you so sure you're right now?

Always amazes me how the users who get it wrong so much on Boards when it comes to everything Trump related (such as Trump apprently having conspired with the Kremlin to win the 2016 election, accusations that he used aid to bribe a foreign leader to get help in the 2020 one and will be removed from office as a result of it, and of course, how it's all a big right wing con-sper-o-cee theory that the FISA courts were abused by Obama DOJ officials) will still and all pontificate to others as if the opposite were true and they had actually been right the whole time. How any times can the same people face plant over and over again before they start to question their views one has to wonder.

That's not how this works. Isn't the New York Post a National Enquirer style publication? When I was a kid, around 30 odd years ago, I remember reading the Weekly World News and figuring out that it was peddling horse sh!t.

It's not that you should be impressed by that; it's that you should perhaps have figured out by now that the publications that are marketed to idiots may not be the best ones to be getting your information from. I could understand if you were just reading them for a giggle but you seem to left out of the joke and are treating them as something other than unfunny versions of The Onion. The Onion by the way is a satirical online publication and it's stories are seldom real and are instead designed to illicit sensible chuckles among its readership. You shouldn't believe what you read there either.

He explicitly said NOT abiding by social distancing in his post?

I was referring to this little beauty.

He is the grownup in the room. Trump knows he can't be irresponsible like the governors of the states he listed.

Here is a picture of Michigan citizens protesting the other day against the Michigan governor's Stalinistic mandates over coronavirus. LOL... notice they're still abiding by the social distancing guidelines.

• Advertisement

No, because he took the correct action before anyone else did that ultimately saved thousands, if not tens of thousands, of lives.

Praise be and all that but I hope you're not trying to pretend that he was the first to ban flights from China. That would be a lie. Maybe not yours, most likely something you picked up from those unfunny satirical publications that I mentioned earlier, but you're still repeating that lie. Italy banned flights from there prior to Trump doing so.

And even if he was the first, well, woop-dee-doo; shutting out a country is only one small part of how you deal with an epidemic.

Maybe I'm being a bit too cynical here. I'm sure Trump, praise be, has a plan to get the US out of this mess. Do you think it's a good plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He is the grownup in the room. Trump knows he can't be irresponsible like the governors of the states he listed.

Here is a picture of SOME Michigan citizens protesting the other day against the Michigan governor's Stalinistic mandates over coronavirus. LOL... notice they're still abiding by the social distancing guidelines.

6bb2c6f0-7f6e-11ea-bf7d-b389c2468f9b

I had to add a word to your post as you seem to think those few people speak for all the people of Michigan or indeed the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I was referring to this little beauty.
    Oh, sorry I was looking at another posters comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Even if they had done "nothing" more (it's not true though, they did lots) you would still be wrong, as letting more people in from the country where the outbreak was occurring would absolutely have made things worse and it would have occurred much faster, resulting in the country being even less prepared.

If a plumber stops a leak in your house, would you say that stopping it did nothing as sure look 'my carpet is ruined'. It's a highly illogical position to take as if the leak had not been stopped, the situation would very likely, have been far far worse, it's unreasonable and highly irrational to think otherwise. You're just ignoring aspect and failing to be objective as it doesn't suit you from a political standpoint.

Restricting travel from China (and anyone who had been there in 14 days) alongside quarantine measures that were also implementing so early on, as Dr.Fauci concedes, likely prevented the spread from being even worse than it is currently. It's hard for us to imagine given the numbers, but one has to throw logic and reason out the window to pretend the situation would be no different had the US administration not acted as early as they did.

I seem to remember you expressing similar incredulity with the following:

What makes you so sure you're right now?

Always amazes me how the users who get it wrong so much on Boards when it comes to everything Trump related (such as Trump apprently having conspired with the Kremlin to win the 2016 election, accusations that he used aid to bribe a foreign leader to get help in the 2020 one and will be removed from office as a result of it, and of course, how it's all a big right wing con-sper-o-cee theory that the FISA courts were abused by Obama DOJ officials) will still and all pontificate to others as if the opposite were true and they had actually been right the whole time. How any times can the same people face plant over and over again before they start to question their views one has to wonder.
    If at first you don’t succeed try, try again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again… and again…

I had to add a word to your post as you seem to think those few people speak for all the people of Michigan or indeed the USA.
    Thanks, but no need to add and any words. My post was still correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It does absolutely nothing when you've already community transmission already running rampant in many communities. As I said before, barn door horse bolted

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Thanks, but no need to add and any words. My post was still correct.

No, it wasn't, you will waffle on and claim it is but the reality is that a few idiots do not speak for the whole population of either the state or the country.

• Advertisement

Michigan governors approval has gone up by 24% over the last month. Says all it needs to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement