Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

notobtuse wrote: »
    That tyrannical Michigan governor took a break from banning the sale of seeds and tomato plants, and has proclaimed that abortion (the elective surgery procedure that kills a human baby in the womb) is 'life-sustaining' and must continue even though they have stopped elective surgeries.

This just gets better...a pro-lifer who supports large protest crowds during a pandemic that is killing people.

I say let them at it and call it natural selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I think coronavirus is what will sink Trump in the election. How many Americans will die under his presidency from it? The economy will take such a massive hit that Biden or whoever can simply point to Trump and say, he didn't do such a good job. It's one thing claiming credit for the positives such as the economic position that the Obama era left the US to at the start of his presidency, it's much harder to try to deflect from all the crap that's going be left this year. No amount of blaming China or the WHO is going to help shake that,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I agree. I think it will be the ruined economy that really finishes him though. The big advantage he had last time was being an outsider or a bit of a unknown quantity. He doesn't have that luxury anymore and because his presidency has essentially been an unmitigated failure it's not as if he has any acheivements to point to. Being able to take credit for a strong economy was pretty much the only leg he had to stand on and thats now gone too. It's telling that his supporters spend more time lashing out at others than trying to talk up Trump. There's nothing good you can say about him or his presidency so the only option is to sling mud. It'll be a dirty campaign and I personally can't wait, the last one was very entertaining and this one will be even more mental :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm unclear what his plan is/how we are going to go back to "a restaurant with 153 seats, operating with 153 seats"

Like even the airlines are considering leaving gaps in seats etc.

I think he has forgotten all about social distancing already??

His brain is gone altogether. He can't even answer questions at a press conference without going off on some wild tangeant. Is he on prescription meds I wonder? He should let the doctors do the talking, up until he got involved the presser was going well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

MadYaker wrote: »
    His brain is gone altogether. He can't even answer questions at a press conference without going off on some wild tangeant. Is he on prescription meds I wonder? He should let the doctors do the talking, up until he got involved the presser was going well.

Druggie Donnie isn't only a junkie you know, he's a child rapist too, and his supporters love him all the more for it.

Say... What happened to the Epstein investigation after Druggie Donnie's good friend a fellow child rapist mysteriously died under his watch? ;)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Ha! The pinned tweet from that account. It's a QANON peddler.

https://mobile.twitter.com/prayingmedic/status/1191388120526123008

Qanon which the FBI considers a terror threat due to radicalising and stoking extremism. Says all it needs to, but hey, anything to prove loyalty to your favourite child raping Junkie in chief eh? ;)

But hey, it's not like Epstein used Trumps resorts as recruiting grounds for the underage staff of anyth... oh no wait that's exactly what he did. Trump only barred him after Epstein got caught the first time. That's literally where Virginia Roberts Giuffre was recruited from.

But what would you expect from the child raping junkie that Donald Trump is?

Also, that's not even her lawyer! :D

NINTCHDBPICT000516623581-2-e1567285035286.jpg
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9837975/virginia-roberts-lawyer-prince-andrew-jeffrey-epstein-allegations/

Edit: and holy Jesus it gets better! That same 'Conscious Resistance' page is peddling 5G conspiracy sh*te - https://theconsciousresistance.com/trojanhorse/

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He is the grownup in the room. Trump knows he can't be irresponsible like the governors of the states he listed.

Here is a picture of Michigan citizens protesting the other day against the Michigan governor's Stalinistic mandates over coronavirus. LOL... notice they're still abiding by the social distancing guidelines.

6bb2c6f0-7f6e-11ea-bf7d-b389c2468f9b

The "Citizens" protest, organised and funded by the DeVos family??

Is that the one you are talking about??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Fake protests like this which are organised by far right or corporate interests are called astro-turf.

Straight out of the Putin playbook.

• Advertisement

Druggie Donnie isn't only a junkie you know, he's a child rapist too, and his supporters love him all the more for it.

This is true. The Republican party at this stage is basically a front for child sexual abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Yeah, the Confederate flag and gun toting goon squad rally, that'll show them liberals.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

No, because he took the correct action before anyone else did that ultimately saved thousands, if not tens of thousands, of lives.

He took a correct decision for the wrong reasons and then utterly wasted the opportunity it provided.

He blocked some travel to/from China ( more than 400,000 people have been back and forth to China since the ban) not because he believed the information about the public health risk, but because he saw that public health risk as an opportunity to turn the screw on China in his trade war.

Having blocked travel he then did absolutely NOTHING to further prepare for the inevitable arrival of the virus to the US.

He spent the next 6 weeks or so deflecting and minimising any suggestions that Covid19 could become a problem.

That delay is going to cost the US tens of thousands of lives not save them and that is on Trump.

As he has done his entire life, he was given information and acted on it solely for his own benefit without a single thought about anyone or anything else.

And now when it has blown up in his face as usual, he is flailing around looking for someone to take the blame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Fake protests like this which are organised by far right or corporate interests are called astro-turf.

Straight out of the Putin playbook.

That is exactly what Vladislav Surkov would want you to think. That the people who are opposed to your ideas are fake actors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He took a correct decision for the wrong reasons and then utterly wasted the opportunity it provided.

He blocked some travel to/from China ( more than 400,000 people have been back and forth to China since the ban) not because he believed the information about the public health risk, but because he saw that public health risk as an opportunity to turn the screw on China in his trade war.

Having blocked travel he then did absolutely NOTHING to further prepare for the inevitable arrival of the virus to the US.

He spent the next 6 weeks or so deflecting and minimising any suggestions that Covid19 could become a problem.

That delay is going to cost the US tens of thousands of lives but save them and that is on Trump.

As he has done his entire life, he was given information and acted on it solely for his own benefit without a single thought about anyone or anything else.

And now when it has blown up in his face as usual, he is flailing around looking for someone to take the blame.

You are very optimistic then.

If only tens of thousands of lives are lost in America it will be great success, probably down to the weather. Fauci and the other health professionals probably used that to determine the course taken.

The States looks like having a moderate death rate, compared to a lot of other large western nations.

Roughly on a par with our deaths per million, though having higher cases per million.

This won't be the bloody catastrophe that you hope for there.

That's good, this disease is serious enough without your dreams coming true.

Danzy wrote: »

If only tens of thousands of lives are lost in America it will be great success, probably down to the weather. Fauci and the other health professionals probably used that to determine the course taken.

The States looks like having a moderate death rate, compared to a lot of other large western nations.

Roughly on a par with our deaths per million, though having higher cases per million.

Roughly on par with our deaths per million lol. They’ve already passed us out there I’m afraid and that’s not to mention all people dying outside of hospitals who aren’t in the stats. Nobody is praying for a disaster but it already is one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

I think coronavirus is what will sink Trump in the election. How many Americans will die under his presidency from it? The economy will take such a massive hit that Biden or whoever can simply point to Trump and say, he didn't do such a good job. It's one thing claiming credit for the positives such as the economic position that the Obama era left the US to at the start of his presidency, it's much harder to try to deflect from all the crap that's going be left this year. No amount of blaming China or the WHO is going to help shake that,
    I agree. I think it will be the ruined economy that really finishes him though. The big advantage he had last time was being an outsider or a bit of a unknown quantity. He doesn't have that luxury anymore and because his presidency has essentially been an unmitigated failure it's not as if he has any acheivements to point to. Being able to take credit for a strong economy was pretty much the only leg he had to stand on and thats now gone too. It's telling that his supporters spend more time lashing out at others than trying to talk up Trump. There's nothing good you can say about him or his presidency so the only option is to sling mud. It'll be a dirty campaign and I personally can't wait, the last one was very entertaining and this one will be even more mental :D

He can get out of this in a few ways

1) Blame China. ( look at his supporters here)
    2) Blame the local States for the shutdowns.
    3) Claim that he wanted to open up the economy.

Given that there is more truth to 2 and 3 ( even if it 3 is insane and the shutdowns were necessary) but he is convincing lots of people about 1, he might survive this. It's all about the rhetoric.

Trump is smarter than his critics realise, and his supporters are dumber than we realise. He can obstrucate about this until the cows come home.

Im no friend of Trump but that is dubious, the friendship or acquaintance ended early. You may want to look at the passenger list to the lolita Island, plenty of cross partisan support or pedeophillia and sex trafficing of minors.
    Say... What happened to the Epstein investigation after Druggie Donnie's good friend a fellow child rapist mysteriously died under his watch? ;)

Bill Clinton's good friend is not being investigated, and his death is not really being investigated, not because of Trump, but because of all the other high and mighty would get in trouble. Epstein got off in his last court case precisely because of this. We will never find out why he died either.

FVP3 wrote: »
    He can get out of this in a few ways

1) Blame China. ( look at his supporters here)
    2) Blame the local States for the shutdowns.
    3) Claim that he wanted to open up the economy.

Given that there is more truth to 2 and 3 ( even if it 3 is insane and 2 is necessary) but he is convining lots of people about 1, he might survive this.

Will it stick though? His feeble minded blame game doesn’t seem to be working so far. His approval rating is on a downward trajectory according to five thirty eight. I think he could he probably talk away his disastrous handling of the virus but the mother of all recessions is coming down the tracks and I think k that will sink him. Was it Clinton that said “it’s the economy stupid”

Im no friend of Trump but that is dubious. You may want to look at the passenger list to the lolita Island, plenty of cross partisan support or pedeophillia and sex trafficing of minors.

Bill Clinton's good friend is not being investigated, and his death is not really being investigated, not because of Trump, but because of all the other high and mighty would get in trouble. Epstein got off in his last court case precisely because of this. We will never find out why he died either.
    Not dubious at all. Trump was a good friend of Epstein. Trump let Epstein recruit underage girls from his resorts. Trump fully acknowledged that Epstein liked 'em young. Trump only barred Epstein after Epstein was caught the first time. Trump has bragged about perving on naked underage girls on camera. Trump, who loves to sue for anything, has never attempted to sue people for making claims of pedophilia (for the same reason Bill Cosby didn't sue Hannibal Burress).

Bill Clinton has also visited Epstein Island on many occasions, and very likely is a pedophile too. Bill Clinton and Donald Trump were also good friends through the time this was all going on.

Epstein was the highest profile prisoner in the US if not the world last year. He mysteriously "suicided" himself when his guards mysteriously decided to just take a nap, and all of the evidence has mysteriously disappeared. Even the security tapes 'somehow' got deleted immediately after all of this happened.

All of this happened under the watch of Donald Trumps number one stooge, William Barr, who has pretty explicitly made it his personal job to get rid of Trumps problems by any means necessary.

If Donald Trump wanted this to be looked into at all, he could easily do so as the President of the United States. Instead, he has been more than happy to sweep it all under the carpet and pretend it never happened. If Trump had nothing to do with it, he would without a shadow of a doubt be all over this as a way to make himself look good and others bad.

But he hasn't. Because he was a client. And because he's a child rapist. And because he facilitated all of this by letting his underage Maralago staff become victims of child sex trafficking.

• Advertisement

Will it stick though? His feeble minded blame game doesn’t seem to be working so far. His approval rating is on a downward trajectory according to five thirty eight. I think he could he probably talk away his disastrous handling of the virus but the mother of all recessions is coming down the tracks and I think k that will sink him. Was it Clinton that said “it’s the economy stupid”

He's still at around 44% approval which is, as far as I know, pretty good at this stage of the cycle.

He can blame the recessions ( with some truth) on the lockdowns and thus blame the lockdowns on the State and City governments. The rhetoric now about opening up are to produce evidence down the line that the president wanted the economy opened.

It doesn't matter if that is not a sane argument now. It's a bit like the China flight ban, his supporters cite that as him being ahead of the game despite all the other evidence to the contrary.

Not dubious at all. Trump was a good friend of Epstein. Trump let Epstein recruit underage girls from his resorts. Trump fully acknowledged that Epstein liked 'em young. Trump only barred Epstein after Epstein was caught the first time. Trump has bragged about perving on naked underage girls in camera. Trump, who loves to sue for anything, has never attempted to sue people for making claims of pedophilia (for the same reason Bill Cosby didn't sue Hannibal Burress).

At least some of that is not true. The falling out between Trump and Epstein happened in 2004 which was four years before the arrest. Plenty of people still got on that plane after the conviction, which is telling.
    Epstein was the highest profile prisoner in the US if not the world last year. He mysteriously "suicided" himself when his guards mysteriously decided to just take a nap, and all of the evidence has mysteriously disappeared. Even the security tapes 'somehow' got deleted immediately after all of this happened.

All of this happened under the watch of Donald Trumps number one stooge, William Barr, who has pretty explicitly made it his personal job to get rid of Trumps problems by any means necessary.

If Donald Trump wanted this to be looked into at all, he could easily do so as the President of the United States. Instead, he has been more than happy to sweep it all under the carpet and pretend it never happened. If Trump had nothing to do with it, he would without a shadow of a doubt be all over this as a way to make himself look good and others bad.

But he hasn't. Because he was a client. And because he's a child rapist. And because he facilitated all of this by letting his underage Maralago staff become victims of child sex trafficking.

Actually you may have a point about why he isn't pushing this at all.

However in general I don't think that Epstein would have been brought to trial under any president. Nor do I think that any future president will look into this. I think Epstein was a deep state operative, hired to get kompromat about any politician across any party, or anybody of political or economic importance.

But we veer off topic so I will leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He's still at around 44% approval which is, as far as I know, pretty good at this stage of the cycle.

He can blame the recessions ( with some truth) on the lockdowns and thus blame the lockdowns on the State and City governments. The rhetoric now about opening up are to produce evidence down the line that the president wanted the economy opened.

It doesn't matter if that is not a sane argument now. It's a bit like the China flight ban, his supporters cite that as him being ahead of the game despite all the other evidence to the contrary.

At this stage, Bush snr had 90 odd percent approval, yet didn't get get reelected

duploelabs wrote: »
    At this stage, Bush snr had 90 odd percent approval, yet didn't get get reelected

I was surprised at that claim so I looked it up. I found this historical record.

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/gallup/234971/george-bush-retrospective.aspx

As it turns out Bush senior was at 90% in Feb 1991. The year Gulf war ended but not an election year.

1992 was the election year so its the more relevant stat: Bush was at 46% or less from Jan 1992, bottoming at 29% in July 1992.

So similar to where Trump is now - in April - but probably fell further than Trump's approval will.

Of course Bush didn't win, but your claim about where Trump is in the cycle is incorrect.

At least some of that is not true. The falling out between Trump and Epstein happened in 2004 which was four years before the arrest. Plenty of people still got on that plane after the conviction, which is telling.

Actually you may have a point about why he isn't pushing this at all.

However in general I don't think that Epstein would have been brought to trial under any president. Nor do I think that any future president will look into this. I think Epstein was a deep state operative, hired to get kompromat about any politician across any party, or anybody of political or economic importance.

But we veer off topic so I will leave it there.
    Not off topic at all, it's a thread about drugged up Donald Trump after all.

Trump claimed to have fallen out with Epstein back in 2004... but made that claim in 2019. As we know, lies come more naturally to Trump than the truth.

Funny enough though, I was also wrong - Trump did not bar Epstein from his resorts until 2011. Years after Epstein was found to be a child sex trafficker, and years after it was revealed in court that he used Trumps properties to do so. And a good decade after Trump was openly talking about how Epstein "likes them on the young side". Of course, Donald himself has bragged about walking in to perve on underage naked teenage girls at his pageants as well.

The guy is a pedophile, there's really no two ways about it. Which is why Epstein magically committed suicide in the way that he did, with all evidence destroyed and no real investigation into it, while the highest profile prisoner in the US if not the world.

There is no denying having seen how he acts for the last several years, that if Trump had nothing to do with all of this, he would have spent the last several months since it happened as a political football on Twitter and at his rallies. Yet there's not been a single peep out of him over any of it, because he's implicated.

And I'm not saying the other side of the aisle is squeaky clean by any means, Bill Clinton visited Epstein Island 20 something times for one quick example, but Tru

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Far too many previous presidents off-shored jobs abroad signing terrible trade agreements. As the factories left they were replaced with drugs and crime. The corrupt MSM won't cover this but have sought to turn the population against God and invert good and bad. Trump is trying to reverse this decline of America and it is why the MSM constantly attack him.

Wait till Gilead sells remdisivr through Ireland to the US for like 10 times the price it's sold everywhere else and pay zero taxes on profits from the US. It wouldn't suprise me if all vaccines and therapeutics were offshored purely to rip of the US consumer. They will give some complex bulls#t supply chain story making it impossible to manufacture there. Americans are complete idiot's who allow this to continue. They deserve everything they get.

Not off topic at all, it's a thread about drugged up Donald Trump after all.

Trump claimed to have fallen out with Epstein back in 2004... but made that claim in 2019. As we know, lies come more naturally to Trump than the truth.

Funny enough though, I was also wrong - Trump did not bar Epstein from his resorts until 2011. Years after Epstein was found to be a child sex trafficker, and years after it was revealed in court that he used Trumps properties to do so. And a good decade after Trump was openly talking about how Epstein "likes them on the young side". Of course, Donald himself has bragged about walking in to perve on underage naked teenage girls at his pageants as well.

The guy is a pedophile, there's really no two ways about it. Which is why Epstein magically committed suicide in the way that he did, with all evidence destroyed and no real investigation into it, while the highest profile prisoner in the US if not the world.

There is no denying having seen how he acts for the last several years, that if Trump had nothing to do with all of this, he would have spent the last several months since it happened as a political football on Twitter and at his rallies. Yet there's not been a single peep out of him over any of it, because he's implicated.

And I'm not saying the other side of the aisle is squeaky clean by any means, Bill Clinton visited Epstein Island 20 something times for one quick example, but Tru

I believe the deep state, the entire political class, journalistic class, most of the police forces ( but not all) and most of the legal system, were and are involved in some cover up somewhere along the way. I have yet to see any major paper investigate what happened on the night of his death, for instance. The New York Times never ran any substantive investigation while he was alive even though he lived down the block

It was a regional paper in Florida that got Epstein back into the newspapers, and caused the re-opening of the trial.

Personally I don't think that presidency matters; whoever runs the US, the US acts like it always acts. So while Trump might have been involved in this, he isn't the one who stopped it being investigated, after all he was impeached for obstructing justice in his own case. Trump didn't get Epstein killed, he was probably killed by the powers that be. Whomever they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I believe the deep state, the entire political class, journalistic class, most of the police forces ( but not all) and most of the legal system, were and are involved in some cover up somewhere along the way. I have yet to see any major paper investigate what happened on the night of his death, for instance. The New York Times never ran any substantive investigation while he was alive even though he lived down the block

It was a regional paper in Florida that got Epstein back into the newspapers, and caused the re-opening of the trial.

Personally I don't think that presidency matters; whoever runs the US, the US acts like it always acts. So while Trump might have been involved in this, he isn't the one who stopped it being investigated, after all he was impeached for obstructing justice in his own case. Trump didn't get Epstein killed, he was probably killed by the powers that be. Whomever they are.

So who switched off when they read 'deep state'?

Barr is one of the most corrupt actors in the history of the US. His entire career has been dedicated to the covering up of crime. Evil is almost too soft a word to describe him.

In my view Barr is by far the number one suspect for organising the murder of Epstein, at Trump's behest.

And nobody was better placed to do it.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »

What on earth is this obsessive belief from Trump supporters that anyone critical of how badly Trump is handling this is somehow gleeful or happy that people are dying when they shouldn't be??

It is frankly more than a little twisted.

The only people that seem inured to unnecessary loss of life are those agitating for a rapid relaxation of restrictions in order to boost the economy in time to save Trump's re-election chances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement