Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You whinge about people attacking the source

You then go on to attack the source

You're a hypocrite!
    No, please keep up. I made a comment about the source, then attacked the content.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    No, please keep up. I made a comment about the source, then attacked the content.

As i said, a hypocrite.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    But on another day , McConnell would be the one holding things up as he is now indicating.

So , who's really at fault here?

The Democrats for looking to use perhaps the last piece of leverage they have to get something that is absolutely needed by the American people or McConnell for refusing to allow it and indicating he'll begin to dig his heels in going forward for any additional funding requests?
    Perhaps. And a massive asteroid could hit in two weeks. Maybe if people get the money from the PPP they wouldn't need SNAP. Take care of the small businesses and people needing to pay bills and buy food FIRST... which is what the PPP is FOR! Not stick a bunch of other extra goodies into it which only delays things. Why is that so hard to understand?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

When did Iran get these magical flying boats?

As i said, a hypocrite.
    Oh, bother. You don't seem the comprehend the obvious. Let me guess... sixth grade was the best three years of your life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I see Trump has ordered the Navy to destroy any Iranian gunboats that harass US ships. I guess that’s one way to get out of the depression caused by COVID-19 and get the price of oil back up again. I really don’t think it’s the right time for another war.

He actually order the Navy to "Shoot down any Iranian boats harassing US ships".

Not quite sure how exactly you shoot down a boat though. I guess if anyone in the entire history of the Trump family had ever served in the military Trump might know the difference between how to attack things that float and things that fly.

We are in absolute agreement though - Now is not the time for Trump to be trying to start a war in the Middle East as a distraction from what's happening at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh, bother. You don't seem the comprehend the obvious. Let me guess... sixth grade was the best three years of your life.

Ah yes, reduced to sly personal attacks because you have been caught out.

Very hypocritical of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Another sign of Donnie's ever worsening dementia imo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I see Trump has ordered the Navy to destroy any Iranian gunboats that harass US ships. I guess that’s one way to get out of the depression caused by COVID-19 and get the price of oil back up again. I really don’t think it’s the right time for another war.

They'd have Iran levelled in a week, or would provide no stimulus, the opposite.

As is, the theocratic dictatorship in Iran have brought the country there to the verge of collapse.

They need the news to be about fighting the great satan, rather than the ongoing collapse.

He actually order the Navy to "Shoot down any Iranian boats harassing US ships".

Not quite sure how exactly you shoot down a boat though. I guess if anyone in the entire history of the Trump family had ever served in the military Trump might know the difference between how to attack things that float and things that fly.

We are in absolute agreement though - Now is not the time for Trump to be trying to start a war in the Middle East as a distraction from what's happening at home.
    Oh, bother. It was a mistake of words. By the way... anyone find any of those N-96 masks?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Danzy wrote: »
    They'd have Iran levelled in a week, or would provide no stimulus, the opposite.

As is, the theocratic dictatorship in Iran have brought the country there to the verge of collapse.

They need the news to be about fighting the great satan, rather than the ongoing collapse.

Yep - Just like in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The US haven't "won" any major conflict since WW2 and they didn't win that one on their own (played a huge part no doubt).

Every single war they've engaged in since has ended in at best a stalemate. - Korea , Vietnam , Iraq 1 , Iraq 2 , Afghanistan.

Yes , they spend a phenomenal amount of money on their Military, but they aren't the all conquering dominant force that can crush all before them like they would like the world to believe.

If the US actually went in to Iran , US Servicemen and women would still be coming home in body bags in 10 years time or even longer. That's just the sad dreadful reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Yep - Just like in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The US haven't "won" any major conflict since WW2 and they didn't win that one on their own (played a huge part no doubt).

Every single war they've engaged in since has ended in at best a stalemate. - Korea , Vietnam , Iraq 1 , Iraq 2 , Afghanistan.

Yes , they spend a phenomenal amount of money on their Military, but they aren't the all conquering dominant force that can crush all before them like they would like the world to believe.

If the US actually went in to Iran , US Servicemen and women would still be coming home in body bags in 10 years time or even longer. That's just the sad dreadful reality.

Well, they won't hold it, they'd need conscription at home to hold it, or control it for a short while on the ground.

They'd last 6 months and that would be savagery.

Iran has had such a pasting from the virus its amazing it can still function as a society.

Neither side want war.

Oh, bother. It was a mistake of words. By the way... anyone find any of those N-96 masks?

Ah ok.. So when Trump does it it's "A mistake of words" , when Biden does it, it's " Clear evidence of the onset of Dementia".

Got it.

Ah ok.. So when Trump does it it's "A mistake of words" , when Biden does it, it's " Clear evidence of the onset of Dementia".

Got it.
    No, if Trump did it dozens of time in a single interview then I would be worried about him like I am Joe.

Joe...
    During the Vietnam War, the world war, we had a Democrat as president, the guy, you know, I shouldn't tell you. And the deal he had, he made, with the, it was important. And decent. Not like today, when we can’t fly our sons to China to do the things, the things Trump won’t, won’t, won’t, the collusion from when that time I sat with that guy on the phone and he couldn’t see his kids. So he hammered, he said, the guy, this is where I gotta be for the kids. And they knock on the door, knock, knock, like we did that time. And the president, the Democrat, Bobby, the guy, he had the stuff, man, the good stuff from that time we had. Now I don’t know, I don’t can’t know, what he said that time, that time, but we stood together then because the War Power Production Act, you know. The deal, that Trump can't do like I did when I was there, closing the border with China, the flights when I stood up to the NRA, I beat them twice, man. Only one to take them twice. We had a, you know, under the President Obama, my Barack, the, the, the, friend thing, we had. And it was good. Decent. My son Beau, I mean... Beau, Hunter. We did a thing that time, with the Covid, the Covid Nine or what have you. And back then the people would tell me, they would say, they said, we can’t do that. You know, the thing. But forget that, I shouldn’t say more about that anymore. The point I'm making here, the second thing, the thing I said, that’s what counts, what Trump can’t do because I was there, man, I was the deal. Like Barack, my friend the president said.

By the way, has the biased media been reporting non-stop and on front page news the fact Washington DC police are treating the sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden by former Senate staff member Tara Reade as an 'Active and Ongoing' investigation? Rather odd IMO as statute of limitations has expired on the potential charges. Speculation is that police are looking at related recent crimes including obstruction of justice or threatening a witness.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

the reporters did their job. Trump showed a campaign video in the middle of a press conference about a pandemic. That is propaganda. To not call this out would be a dereliction of their duty to tell the truth.
    If what you think propaganda is is any biased partisan political messaging then the purpose of every political press conference is essentially propaganda. It won't always be as direct as Trump's but it's naive to think that literally every US President has not used every press conference to maximise their achievements and minimise their mistake always with one eye on the next election.

The reason I thought it was improper for the media to use the term propaganda is that the word propaganda has a specific definition. Real propaganda is when the government intentionally misleads you with false information. No one can say the video contained false information. It was literally just a montage of members of the media's early coronavirus commentary juxtaposed with a timeline describing Trump's response to the virus. The fact that the video had slick production and dramatic background music doesn't make it propaganda. The arguement that Trump was campaigning in this conference is a weak one since EVERYTHING an incumbent president does in their first term is in some way calculated to help them get re-elected. Most citizens are happy to concede this so long as the politician is't doing anything illicit. As for the media's pearl clutching about how this was "taxpayer funded propaganda". The US Government has a budget for public relations given to them by Congress. There's nothing illicit about the White House using tax money to make a PR video.

No, if Trump did it dozens of time in a single interview then I would be worried about him like I am Joe.

Joe...

By the way, has the biased media been reporting non-stop and on front page news the fact Washington DC police are treating the sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden by former Senate staff member Tara Reade as an 'Active and Ongoing' investigation? Rather odd IMO as statute of limitations has expired on the potential charges. Speculation is that police are looking at related recent crimes including obstruction of justice or threatening a witness.

How could they be , given that she refused to name her alleged attacker in her statement to the police?

What exactly would the police be investigating?

If that has changed and she has named names to someone other than a journalist , then I'm happy to stand corrected.

Also - Speculation by whom and where exactly? , given as you allude in your post that this is not being reported in the media.

Joe...
    During the Vietnam War, the world war, we had a Democrat as president, the guy, you know, I shouldn't tell you. And the deal he had, he made, with the, it was important. And decent. Not like today, when we can’t fly our sons to China to do the things, the things Trump won’t, won’t, won’t, the collusion from when that time I sat with that guy on the phone and he couldn’t see his kids. So he hammered, he said, the guy, this is where I gotta be for the kids. And they knock on the door, knock, knock, like we did that time. And the president, the Democrat, Bobby, the guy, he had the stuff, man, the good stuff from that time we had. Now I don’t know, I don’t can’t know, what he said that time, that time, but we stood together then because the War Power Production Act, you know. The deal, that Trump can't do like I did when I was there, closing the border with China, the flights when I stood up to the NRA, I beat them twice, man. Only one to take them twice. We had a, you know, under the President Obama, my Barack, the, the, the, friend thing, we had. And it was good. Decent. My son Beau, I mean... Beau, Hunter. We did a thing that time, with the Covid, the Covid Nine or what have you. And back then the people would tell me, they would say, they said, we can’t do that. You know, the thing. But forget that, I shouldn’t say more about that anymore. The point I'm making here, the second thing, the thing I said, that’s what counts, what Trump can’t do because I was there, man, I was the deal. Like Barack, my friend the president said.

And just on this point - Really??

Trump on Elon Musk
    Well -- you have to give him credit. I spoke to him very recently, and he's also doing the rockets. He likes rockets. And -- he does good at rockets too, by the way. I never saw where the engines come down with no wings, no anything, and they're landing. I said I've never seen that before. And I was worried about him, because he's one of our great geniuses, and we have to protect our genius. You know, we have to protect Thomas Edison and we have to protect all of these people that -- came up with originally the light bulb and -- the wheel and all of these things. And he's one of our very smart people and we want to-- we want to cherish those people.

Trump on "The Nuclear"
    Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

Trump speaking about Walls I guess
    uh the wall is thirty feet high we also have eighteen foot wall we have a combination of thirty feet and eighteen depending on the area depending on the um
    uh on the importance uh Tijuana is right over here there're thousands of people over there that had been trying to get in uh tremendous cooperation from Mexico and
    uh the president of Mexico is been fantastic, all of Mexico's been fantastic uh as you know they have twenty seven thousand soldiers so in addition to the wall we have uh soldiers now the wall's still obviously uh a ways to go but we're building it at a breakneck-neck speed I wanted them to show you the interior of parts of the wall and what's inside of each individual slat and uh you'll see it's a combination of steel concrete and as one of the folks here said it really is virtually impenetrable
    uh any walls that were put up we can knock down very quickly very easily this wall is not something that can be really knocked down, I guess anything can, but this is very tough, and uh it goes down six feet it's three and four feet wide the concrete you can see it right here it's exposed and I might ask general Semonite to say a few words about it and I'd like to bring them right up look at the inner tube to see what happens cause after the wall is up we pour concrete and concrete goes into the tube
    and in addition to that we have rebar so if you think you're gonna cut it with a blowtorch that's doesn't work because you hit concrete and if you think you're gonna
    go through the concrete that doesn't work because we have very powerful rebar inside so it's a very powerful very powerful wall the likes of which probably
    to this extent has not been uh built before this is an area because it's so highly trafficed this was one of the most dangerous areas we have a double wall
    we have a wall on both sides one is eighteen feet that's your border and the other one is thirty feet and everybody if they should be able to make that this is where people are waiting for them uh it's very a very powerful situation so general maybe you could take over for a couple of minutes and then I'll take it back

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

Trump is just inarticulate, Biden is not well

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

To be honest , if that was the argument then that was a cop-out from the Government of the day - Because the couldn't be trusted to not be partisan , they decided to let everyone to be partisan instead?
    It wasn't a cop-out. It was a recognition of the fact that if the government prevents you from running a television station because you are not sufficiently objective by their standards, then that's a violation of freedom of expression. As for letting everyone be partisan, is it not preferable that everyone should be openly partisan and acknowledge it as opposed to being partisan while pretending to be objective? A person who gets their news from a variety of different partisan sources may be better informed than someone who gets their news from one supposedly objective source that probably isn't objective anyway.
    - Never heard of independent commissions or whatever??
    Yes, governments forming independent commissions to look into issues (usually for policymaking reasons) is a lot different to governments mandating that that every news outlet covers the news "objectively".
    Just watch the news on TV here and compare it to the US.

For the nightly news - whether you are watching RTE or Virgin media , you will come away from the news bulletin with largely the same information. Likewise in the UK whether you are watching BBC , ITV or Sky news , again you'll come away from the main evening news bulletin with the same basic set of information.

Same with the discussion shows - If you are watching Newsnight , Panorama , or RTE etc. - All of those shows are obligated to have opposing views present during the discussion , Yes they may frame the discussion somewhat based on their personal bias (they are human after all) , but they will all have a dissenting voice there . This is not the case in the US since the Fairness doctrine went.
    Well RTE is publicly owned. The Broadcasting Authority has to adhere to a sort of "fairness doctrine" because RTE is a public service and therefore can't be politically biased in its content or reporting. Virgin TV is private so its under no such obligation and this is definitely noticeable. If you watch the Tonight Show with Cooper and Yates, its obvious these two guys have opinions and don't mind sharing them. Frankly it makes the show a lot more interesting than watching Miriam and Claire Byrne pretending to be neutral arbiters of facts vs falsehoods when we all know that this are seriously political people. They wouldn't be working in the media otherwise.

The whole "fairness doctrine" style policy also incentivises journalists to engage in what Teddy Roosevelt called "muckraking". The fact they are under so much pressure to be objective in every way often leads them to compensate by being as cynical as possible with every politician they interview. It's highly off-putting. This is really rampant in British journalism and it seeped over here as RTE is basically modelled on the BBC.
    There has always been and frankly always should always be robust argument and disagreement between the Government and opposition about the issues of the day - That's what Parliament is for - Debate the pros and cons , be Devils advocate etc.
    This happens in non-regulated media all the time. Media company's that don't have the government babysitting them usually encourage diversity of opinion because they aren't worried about the legal repercussions of giving one side too much. When Ryan Tubridy was moderating an abortion debate on the Late Late in 2018, you could see the stress in his face as he tries not to mess up the way Pat Kenny did in that famous presidential election debate in 2011 after which RTE were sued by Sean Gallagher.
    What is going on the US today, which has been getting progressively worse over the last 30 years or so is not that at all - It's disagreement not of the issues , but just because the other side want it.
    If we're talking about the media specifically, I think the news networks and the newspapers (traditional media) have engaged in polarisation inflation. They're being gradually replaced by new media forms and they are being incentivised to sensationalise everything.

If we're talking about the country as a whole, I'd say that America is always more polarised in the present than it ever is in the past. Every election feels like its the last election ever. America goes through this every couple of decades. They're certainly not as polarised as they were in the sixties. Things will most likely reset themselves in 2024.
    As Mitch McConnell said when Obama was 1st elected - "My mission is to make sure that he is a one term President" - Did not care one jot about agenda or policy , no matter what Obama said or did they were going to oppose , just because.

The Democrats can be similarly accused now as well.
    Well Mitch was a conservative. Obama was a liberal. They had fundamental disagreements. Were there any Republicans who wanted Obama to win in 2012? It was in his second term that Mitch really got into obstructing Obama and this was mainly because the Dems made a botchery of the mid terms and handed him back the Senate. Nancy Pelosi is doing the same thing now in the House. Both politicians have an obligation to the people who elected them to stick to the platform they were elected on and not to just compromise for the sake of doing something.

Trump is just inarticulate, Biden is not well

I thought Trump was a very smart guy , Wharton educated , Genius Uncle and stuff?

But now when he suffers bouts of verbal diarrhea it's because he's "just inarticulate" , but when Biden rambles a bit it's because he's "not well" or "Clearly suffering from Dementia".

Just like Hilary only had months to live back in 2016 and was not healthy enough to take office..I mean Jesus...

Watch footage of Trump from the 90's - He was still an arse , but an articulate and coherent one - quite slick in an oily salesman kind of way , but clearly sharp.

There's footage of him speaking before a congressional committee about housing policy or something real-estate related I think - Very clear , very crisp, referencing facts and figures etc.

Now listen to him. There's just no comparison.

** Edit** Found the clip I was talking about - Watch this and then watch one of his recent Pressers or Rallies and tell me that they are the same.

Biden has always been a bit bumbling , partly because of his well publicized stammer and partly, well just because that's just him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

I can't see the GOP winning this election so their best bet is to make it as close as possible so they can keep hold of the senate which they still have a decent shot of doing.

Watch for special elections as early as 2021, I think the democratic party will come unpopular fairly quickly under Biden. Remember within Obama's first year the democrats lost the Massachusetts special election (a state Obama won by 26 points just a year earlier). 'Normalcy' which democrats have gotten nostalgic for included losing 1000 seats at state level. So I expect the GOP to do well in the 2022 mid terms especially when their opposition is going to be an 80 year old president and an 82 year old speaker of the house with sagging approval numbers and little to inspire democratic voters. No Trump this time remember on the ballot.

The best the GOP can hope for is to get rid of Trump now to get a quick rebound for 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

N96 masks have been under production for a few weeks now in Ontario - https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/news-story/9936584-ford-touts-ontario-made-n96-mask-similar-to-the-n95-gear-used-to-fight-covid-19-and-held-up-by-trump/

Here is Ontario premier Doug Ford wearing one.

B881101596Z.1_20200407121925_000_GMSU5F76.5-0_Super_Portrait.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

I thought Trump was a very smart guy , Wharton educated , Genius Uncle and stuff?

But now when he suffers bouts of verbal diarrhea it's because he's "just inarticulate" , but when Biden rambles a bit it's because he's "not well" or "Clearly suffering from Dementia".

Just like Hilary only had months to live back in 2016 and was not healthy enough to take office..I mean Jesus...

Watch footage of Trump from the 90's - He was still an arse , but an articulate and coherent one - quite slick in an oily salesman kind of way , but clearly sharp.

There's footage of him speaking before a congressional committee about housing policy or something real-estate related I think - Very clear , very crisp, referencing facts and figures etc.

Now listen to him. There's just no comparison.

** Edit** Found the clip I was talking about - Watch this and then watch one of his recent Pressers or Rallies and tell me that they are the same.

Biden has always been a bit bumbling , partly because of his well publicized stammer and partly, well just because that's just him..

I think trump is very smart, and inarticulate, when your facing a room full of America's TV and press and most of them hate you it's hard to keep it together and be concise, they are just there to try and catch him out, journalists my arse, activists who hate him more like,

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    If what you think propaganda is is any biased partisan political messaging then the purpose of every political press conference is essentially propaganda. It won't always be as direct as Trump's but it's naive to think that literally every US President has not used every press conference to maximise their achievements and minimise their mistake always with one eye on the next election.

The reason I thought it was improper for the media to use the term propaganda is that the word propaganda has a specific definition. Real propaganda is when the government intentionally misleads you with false information. No one can say the video contained false information. It was literally just a montage of members of the media's early coronavirus commentary juxtaposed with a timeline describing Trump's response to the virus. The fact that the video had slick production and dramatic background music doesn't make it propaganda. The arguement that Trump was campaigning in this conference is a weak one since EVERYTHING an incumbent president does in their first term is in some way calculated to help them get re-elected. Most citizens are happy to concede this so long as the politician is't doing anything illicit. As for the media's pearl clutching about how this was "taxpayer funded propaganda". The US Government has a budget for public relations given to them by Congress. There's nothing illicit about the White House using tax money to make a PR video.

he used a press briefing about a pandemic to show a campaign video. and that is illegal in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

he used a press briefing about a pandemic to show a campaign video. and that is illegal in the US.

For those who doubt the legality

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatch_Act_of_1939?wprov=sfla1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,644 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    Real propaganda is when the government intentionally misleads you with false information.
    When Trump repteated his claim last night that the US has done more Covid-19 tests than every other country combined ("If you add up the testing of every nation in the world, we have done substantially more than that ", even though the falsity of that claim has already exposed, would you consider that him intentionally misleading with false information?

I think trump is very smart, and inarticulate, when your facing a room full of America's TV and press and most of them hate you it's hard to keep it together and be concise, they are just there to try and catch him out, journalists my arse, activists who hate him more like,

Oh please - Then explain how the way he speaks at Rallies when there isn't a journalist in sight , or his performances when he appears on Fox & Friends or Hannity where the question amount to essentially "Mr President , you're awesome , could you take a few moments to explain exactly how awesome you are?"

It's not like it's only when he's in front of a "hostile media" that he's an incoherent rambling mess now is it?

Do you agree that there is a marked difference between the Video clip I linked and any number of recent examples?

And just on this point - Really??

Trump on Elon Musk

Trump on "The Nuclear"

Trump speaking about Walls I guess
    Let’s be real. We need to make room for the verbal slip-ups by candidates who are dealing with trying to safeguard the country both medically and economically from a global pandemic that threatens the nation, giving daily briefings, dealing with a relentless biased media, or running the nation and dealing with international affairs, or barnstorming around the country giving public speeches. But Joe Biden clearly is not well. He obviously is suffering from visibly diminished mental capacities. Anyone not wearing rose colored glasses can see that.

I understand politics and the need to never show any level of weakness. But the democrats and their media handmaidens are doing the nation and its citizens a disservice by running Biden at the top of their ticket. We need a strong leader and commander-in-chief. Biden has become a hostage of the unfortunate consequences involved with advancing age. If, god forbid, Joe would win the presidency we know our country would actually be run by others in the background. Trump recently said if Biden is elected, “They are going to put him in a home and other people are going to be running the country.” Crass and crude but pointedly on target.

Let’s be truthful here… If republicans ran someone with the diminished capacity level of Biden he would be savaged, non-stop, by the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Let’s be real. We need to make room for the verbal slip-ups by candidates who are dealing with trying to safeguard the country both medically and economically from a global pandemic that threatens the nation, giving daily briefings, dealing with a relentless biased media, or running the nation and dealing with international affairs, or barnstorming around the country giving public speeches. But Joe Biden clearly is not well. He obviously is suffering from visibly diminished mental capacities. Anyone not wearing rose colored glasses can see that.

I understand politics and the need to never show any level of weakness. But the democrats and their media handmaidens are doing the nation and its citizens a disservice by running Biden at the top of their ticket. We need a strong leader and commander-in-chief. Biden has become a hostage of the unfortunate consequences involved with advancing age. If, god forbid, Joe would win the presidency we know our country would actually be run by others in the background. Trump recently said if Biden is elected, “They are going to put him in a home and other people are going to be running the country.” Crass and crude but pointedly on target.

Let’s be truthful here… If republicans ran someone with the diminished capacity level of Biden he would be savaged, non-stop, by the media.

the republicans ARE running somebody with a diminished mental capacity. trump cannot sustain a train of thought for 30 seconds.

• Advertisement

N96 masks have been under production for a few weeks now in Ontario - https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/news-story/9936584-ford-touts-ontario-made-n96-mask-similar-to-the-n95-gear-used-to-fight-covid-19-and-held-up-by-trump/

Here is Ontario premier Doug Ford wearing one.

B881101596Z.1_20200407121925_000_GMSU5F76.5-0_Super_Portrait.jpg
    Okay, and so what. We know that is not the mask Biden was trying to discuss. He unfortunately just can't remember some basic things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement