Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Because I'm not the leader of this country....so...I have the time to be spending arguing with people on the internet....

You have...you have outsmarted me....I'll buy your disinfectant ...

Best way to talk (defense) of Trump is not talk about him at all in the times he makes an absolute fool of himself..

I think it's called deflection? Moving the goal posts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Not what I said. I never came close to saying that 63 million people were insane.

I said some people would always vote republican based on beliefs, having always voted that way, etc.

I said others voted to give him a chance. I said they would be insane to vote for him again and expect something different. If they are happy with what he has done, the increase in deficit, the increase in corruption, the decrease in democracy then voting for him and expect the same would not be insane. It would only be insane if they expected it to be different.

Perhaps, as we are talking about 63 million people who live in their very own separate democracy to us, we let them decide without assuming they are all or even a percentage of them are morons or insane...we are in no position to judge anyone.

It took a lot of disenfranchised American to get someone like Trump elected, I am not having a go at you, but I hate the way we refer to these human beings, we all knew exactly what he meant when he started talking about the swamp...

Unlike most on this thread anyway, my trust in media as an industry has long gone, you are much more likely to be misinformed in todays media culture than ever before....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Oh will you cop yourself on....

Media companies rang them to get a statement off them....jesus christ, are you that niave....

I mean, do you think that Dettol and Lysol are the only companies on the planet who sell disinfectant...why aren't the rest of them making statements, do you think they are in on it? Maybe Trump is on commission....what do you think?

The Russians possibly own disinfectant plants, Trump is a Russian agent...maybe that is it!!!

I'm sure someone smarter than me will figure it out!!!

Do you agree with Trumps statement?

I would say they made their statements due to people dying from Trumps last idiotic "try it, what harm can it do" speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

On my news alert:
    Lysol and Dettol manufacturer tells customers not to inject disinfectants as possible treatment for COVID-19

They obviously fear people are stupid enough to listen to Dr Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

notobtuse wrote: »
    Was locking Hillary up a campaign promise or a campaign slogan? He's building the wall and fighting hard to get more built.

Promise.

"If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation."

Hows that going for him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So do you think his science advisors agrees or disagreed with him?

If you feel they agreed with him, do you also think injecting bleach is a good idea?

If you think they disagreed with him, do you think he or they are correct here, e.g. do you think injecting bleach would be a good or bad idea?

If you think they only decided to disagree with him after the fact, why is he surrounding himself with these types of people when he was supposed to get 'only the best people'.
    Comprehension seems to be quite lacking today. I don't get it. For what... the third time now... I said if his science advisors disagreed with him they should have said so when he asked them during the conference... not later - clarifying things. That's all I said. I hope that will be the last time I have to say that, but I highly, highly doubt it. Trump Derangement Syndrome is sad, really.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Amazing how so easily so many people can all seamlessly begin expressing faux outrage.

They have 'being disingenuous in unison' down to a fine art. The liberal hive mind in effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Perhaps, as we are talking about 63 million people who live in their very own separate democracy to us, we let them decide without assuming they are all or even a percentage of them are morons or insane...we are in no position to judge anyone.

It took a lot of disenfranchised American to get someone like Trump elected, I am not having a go at you, but I hate the way we refer to these human beings, we all knew exactly what he meant when he started talking about the swamp...

Unlike most on this thread anyway, my trust in media as an industry has long gone, you are much more likely to be misinformed in todays media culture than ever before....
    I am not doubting for any length of time that there are disenfranchised Americans, as there are disenfranchised people in every country.
    Look at what I am saying, I am not calling people stupid. I am saying that people expecting him to be different if he gets elected again are insane.

We live in a globalised world so it's pretty normal to discuss how world leaders are handling the crisis. You'll find people discussing every country from Sweden to Italy to the UK to the US. I think it's pretty fair to say that those who still have confidence in his presidency may be a tad deluded or outright idiots.

Would happily say the same about those who have confidence in the tories atm. You ranted about Leo but tbh, the Irish government haven't been rudderless during this. The same can't be said of the Trump administration, governors led the way in handling. Not trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The US army or the Russian army?

If Mitch is in charge Russian. Makes sense Putin practically dictates U.S. foreign policy as is.

• Advertisement

Comprehension seems to be quite lacking today. I don't get it. For what... the third time now... I said if his science advisors disagreed with him they should have said so when he asked them during the conference... not later - clarifying things. That's all I said. I hope that will be the last time I have to say that, but I highly, highly doubt it. Trump Derangement Syndrome is sad, really.

Your desperation to avoid answering this says all of needs to, but you still can't help but criticise them to virtue signal your unquestioning loyalty to them by saying they shoukd have criticised him here and then if they had issue with it.

They didn't as per your account, and so Trump is not surrounding himself with the best people at all.

The only other way to interpret it is that you think injecting yourself with bleach is indeed a good idea. Which if it were the case I would almost advise you to try for yourself, if not for feat that you just actually might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Amazing how so easily so many people can all seamlessly begin expressing faux outrage.

They have 'being disingenuous in unison' down to a fine art. The liberal hive mind in effect.

Trump floated the idea of disinfectant injections and supports mass close quarters protest. I'd be pretty outraged if I were American.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Was locking Hillary up a campaign promise or a campaign slogan? He's building the wall and fighting hard to get more built. He reduced some corruption, and has and is taking measures to remove waste in government which will get rid of more, but fact remains the Deep State continues to be entrenched and powerful. Hopefully Barr and Durham's indictments will help to cull even more of them and scare the ones who remain into the realization that it's not them who run the country.

Why did he not fight hard for the wall earlier when he had control of the government?
    Please explain how he is removing corruption by having his family everywhere, and how many of his staff, current and campaign were brought to trial? Or are you referring to his attempt to have an investigation into the bidens started? As they were the only people mentioned in any country having done anything potentially corrupt then there must not be much to reduce. (if there were more people then he would surely have looked for investigations to be started against those people in the respective countries)

I am not doubting for any length of time that there are disenfranchised Americans, as there are disenfranchised people in every country.
    Look at what I am saying, I am not calling people stupid. I am saying that people expecting him to be different if he gets elected again are insane.

But...if they vote for him again...maybe they feel he has delivered...maybe they are misinformed...maybe you are misinformed...lets leave it up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

No we didn’t know what he meant by drain the swamp because he never defined it so how could we know what he meant? People decided what they wanted it to mean and went with that. What do you think he meant? Do you think he achieved it?

He pulled in a lot of disenfranchised voters but he’s done absolutely nothing to hold on to them and his approval ratings are now tanking. He’s the worse president they have had by a country mile.

You’d have to wonder about any Americans who still support him. Do they hate their country or can they just not see the damage he’s doing?

Promise.

"If I win, I am going to instruct my attorney general to get a special prosecutor to look into your situation."

Hows that going for him?
    Barr and Durham haven't finished, yet. Did you not read where earlier today I noted that Durham is expanding his team with both agents and a big addition to the prosecutorial team involved with all the illegalities against Trump during the campaign and what is often referred to as a soft coup against Trump after he became president? I’d say it is going rather well, but too slow.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Barr and Durham haven't finished, yet. Did you not read where earlier today I noted that Durham is expanding his team with both agents and a big addition to the prosecutorial team involved with all the illegalities against Trump during the campaign and what is often referred to as a soft coup against Trump after he became president? I’d say it is going rather well, but too slow.

You must have missed the Horowitz report?

But...if they vote for him again...maybe they feel he has delivered...maybe they are misinformed...maybe you are misinformed...lets leave it up to them.

None of us are casting votes for Americans....but we're entirely free to discuss the ramifications of his behaviour. Also I'm guessing plenty on here have US family members or friends. So pretty logical that a nation we have plenty of ties with is something that will be discussed...

MadYaker wrote: »
    You must have missed the Horowitz report?
    You must have missed my comment on the validity of the Horiwitz report the other day, and how Horowitz did not have investigative powers and could only report on what the potential criminals told him, essentially... "That's our story and we're sticking to it." Unfortunately for them, though, Barr and Durham DO have investigative and prosecutorial powers.

None of us are casting votes for Americans....but we're entirely free to discuss the ramifications of his behaviour. Also I'm guessing plenty on here have US family members or friends. So pretty logical that a nation we have plenty of ties with is something that will be discussed...

My cousin is an intelligence officer in the navy over there. He’s non combat personnel or whatever the term is. He can’t wait for trump to be out of office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

RobertKK wrote: »
    On my news alert:

They obviously fear people are stupid enough to listen to Dr Trump.

A lot of people are stupid enough to listen to him, unfortunately.

https://twitter.com/MDMEMA/status/1253721510570844162

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Bowie wrote: »
    Trump floated the idea of disinfectant injections and supports mass close quarters protest. I'd be pretty outraged if I were American.

He asked a question and if you think the following faux hand wringing show of concern is anything more than opportunism, then you're being extremely naive.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1253697753479331840

As to saying he supports close quarter protesting, not the case. In the following clip he speaks of them and references the fact that in the clips he seen they were socially distancing and that that was "good":

https://www.politico.com/video/2020/04/21/trump-lockdown-protest-social-distancing-072609

He also condemned the governor over the last two days for going against CDC guidelines when he chose to open businesses like barbers, tattoo parlors, so that clearly shows that he does not approve of states going against the social distancing guidelines set out by the CDC.

All this is ignored of course in favour of selective out of context quoting so that they can make the man appear as if he is deranged.

As I always say, if you have to keep misrepresenting someone and quoting them out of context, in an effort to make them look bad, well then they can't be as bad as they are being portrayed to be, as otherwise the people doing it wouldn't bother. That it happens is indicative of it having to happen to fit a narrative. A narrative which it seems can't be supported with the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I guess if you go through his self-contradictory word-salad and pick the pieces you like while casting aside those that you don't, you can pretend to yourself that Trump said whatever you liked. It's such a shame that the man is unable to speak coherently like basically everyone.

MadYaker wrote: »
    No we didn’t know what he meant by drain the swamp because he never defined it so how could we know what he meant? People decided what they wanted it to mean and went with that. What do you think he meant? Do you think he achieved it?

He pulled in a lot of disenfranchised voters but he’s done absolutely nothing to hold on to them and his approval ratings are now tanking. He’s the worse president they have had by a country mile.

You’d have to wonder about any Americans who still support him. Do they hate their country or can they just not see the damage he’s doing?

They are not all as smart as you...clearly.

The dogs in the street knew that lobbyists have had increasingly massive purchasing power in Washington...what do you think they are purchasing...

And we are also free to discuss the ramifications of the behaviour of the media industry that is whipping people into frenzies by largely removing context from as many statements as possible.

He asked a question and if you think the following faux hand wringing show of concern is anything more than opportunism, then you're being extremely naive.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1253697753479331840

As to saying he supports close quarter protesting, not the case. In the following clip he speaks of them and references the fact that in the clips he seen they were socially distancing and that that was "good":

https://www.politico.com/video/2020/04/21/trump-lockdown-protest-social-distancing-072609

He also condemned the governor over the last two days for going against CDC guidelines when he chose to open businesses like barbers, tattoo parlors, so that clearly shows that he does not approve of states going against the social distancing guidelines set out by the CDC.

All this is ignored of course in favour of selective out of context quoting so that they can make the man appear as if he is deranged.

As I always say, if you have to keep misrepresenting someone and quoting them out of context, in an effort to make them look bad, well then they can't be as bad as they are being portrayed to be, as otherwise the people doing it wouldn't bother. That it happens is indicative of it having to happen to fit a narrative. A narrative which it seems can't be supported with the truth.
    And you gotta love the Trump-hating CNN. They won’t show his daily coronavirus briefings any more but have decided, instead, to merely tell their audience what they think Trump says (which is usually wrong and mere opinion) rather than what Trump actually says. That Trump even allows CNN to continue to be represented at the briefings shows Trump has more character than pretty much anyone left at the failing CNN.

Four years and they haven't even started the investigation, just blistered and made noises. An expectedly pathetic and ineffective from this administration, mainly filled with the worst, and thankfully most useless people.

And we are also free to discuss the ramifications of the behaviour of the media industry that is whipping people into frenzies by largely removing context from as many statements as possible.

His statement hasn't been remotely misrepresented...

Of course not...he was encouraging people to use disinfectant .... Did he mean drink it or inject it?

• Advertisement

Don't forget...he is a Russian agent...maybe the Russians want Americans to die by lethally injecting themselves....it's a dastardly move...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=trump+is+a+russian+agent+

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement