Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Awaiting obtuse and co trying to flip the narrative into him joking....

Shush. They haven't seen the latest so they're still working of last night's breitbart spin that he didn't say it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

amdublin wrote: »
    Did I say he did? I specifically said he conjectured is it a good thing.

- I know it is bad thing if I did that
    - Children know it is a bad thing
    - Do you know it is a bad thing?
    - Can you believe that Donald Trump does not know it is a bad thing? According to you he was looking to his science advisor to confirm to him whether it is bad or not :pac::D

NO ONE else in the whole world needs a science advisor to tell them it is a bad thing :D:D:D

I would imagine someone who has managed to acquire billions of dollars and get elected to the most powerful position on the planet is no slouch when push comes to shove. But again he is no doctor and should stick to running the country like a business and stop talking about things he knows nothing about

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

osarusan wrote: »
    Jaysus, you've come wading into this thread talking some top quality shyte on unrelated topics.

Either I am after getting sucked into hysteria....or you have...

I don't like the impact the Trump Administration will have on our vital FDI sector.

I'm not mad about his charachter, I have no doubt he bluffed and conned whatever fortune he has....

I think if we are going to call Trump voters idiots then we must hold ourselves to the same standards....

I have mentioned Russian collusion because the networks that have been consistently chiseling away at us for the last 4 years misrepresenting every word that comes out of the mans mouth also tried to convince us he is a Russian plant...

I do not rely on the News Industry to form my own opinions, as best I can given that I have admitted to being capable of stupidity and getting sucked into group think....

I suppose I do talk a lot of shyte....

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Obama certainly didn't. He got so much done during his presidency. He managed to deport 3 million people. Eyes on the prize

Not sure what that has to do with anything but I guess it's easier to bring up something completely unrelated when you feel compelled to respond but have nothing of substance to rebut the idea that Trump can't handle the pressures that come from a job that most of his predecessors others have managed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

And we are also free to discuss the ramifications of the behaviour of the media industry that is whipping people into frenzies by largely removing context from as many statements as possible.

I don’t understand this obsession with the media. Nobody in Ireland watches the insane American propaganda channels like CNN and Fox News. We watch his press conferences and read his Twitter feed. No media filter in necessary. Context doesn’t make trumps crazy dangerous statements any better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Wait are trump supporters really drinking toilet duck?????

Not sure what that has to do with anything but I guess it's easier to bring up something completely unrelated when you feel compelled to respond but have nothing of substance to rebut the idea that Trump can't handle the pressures that come from a job that most of his predecessors others have managed to do.

No president has ever been under this much scrutiny from day 1. Yet he will do another term

Having read a bit of this thread, I really am astonished that anyone can defend the indefensible nightmare that is the Donald as POTUS. Yes, I get it that 63m people voted for him but, at least from my standpoint, they elected just about the most unstable individual you could have as “the leader of the free world”.

His fire-from-the-hip tweets and comments in press conferences actually beggar belief. “Leader of men”???? Not in a fit. And some pages ago a boardsie unfavourably comparing him to Leo is only half the story. Compare him to Jacinda Ahdern, PM of NZ. A born communicator, empathetic (remember her with the Christchurch shootings?), decisive (gun law reform, immediate action on COVID-19) accessible (see some of her videos on her Facebook page) - a true leader.

God help the world if Trump gets elected again (and I fear he will). Hopefully Michelle Obama will run on the Biden ticket, and some common sense and rationality might return to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I don’t understand this obsession with the media. Nobody in Ireland watches the insane American propaganda channels like CNN and Fox News. We watch his press conferences and read his Twitter feed. No media filter in necessary. Context doesn’t make trumps crazy dangerous statements any better.

It's because MAGA twitter is full of that sh!te and they forget that they are in Ireland where we don't watch FOX or go to airports to watch CNN.

amdublin wrote: »
    You do know that some things should not be posed as a statement or a question or wondered about or thought about or considered or anything at all....

An example might be, putting disinfectant into your body.

Like seriously, what would you say back to me if I asked you do you think it would work to put disinfectant in my body?
    - Would you say jesus amdublin don't be an idiot you will die
    - Or would you say "well what have you got to lose"? (Knowing what we all know about warnings on the bottle of disinfectant)

You have ignored two previous posts of mine.

If you asked me...

Is there any disinfectants I could put into my body that would kill disease, I'd say, no, not that I am aware of, if you asked me to check that I would...if you were sick...I wouldn't assume that you are going to head to the shop to buy dettol...I would assume you aren't that stupid.

• Advertisement

No president has ever been under this much scrutiny from day 1. Yet he will do another term

You first statement is correct. Your second betrays you. You could be right or you could be wrong but making definitive statements on something so uncertain without some kind of inside knowledge suggests that you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else.

You first statement is correct. Your second betrays you. You could be right or you could be wrong but making definitive statements on something so uncertain without some kind of inside knowledge suggests that you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else.

It was mentioned that Trump couldn't handle the pressure like those before him. They never had relentless scrutiny like he has had. Obama was portrayed as the Messiah by some. Yet he left office looking 20 years older.
    No other president could handle the pressure like trump has. Every comment he makes is dissected. Every move is watched. It's non stop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

He didn't tell people to go out an inject themselves with disinfectant though did he?

Did the intelligence science fella in his briefing to Trump say anything about injecting disinfectant into a body? No he didn't. Where did Trump come up with injecting it..

Did he ask the science guy to go look into what the results would be when you go injecting disinfectant into a body? Yes, yes he very much asked that question, got shut down when the guy got up to clarify something as basic as you don't inject something that is known to be harmful into the body.

Did the intelligence science fella in his briefing to Trump say anything about injecting disinfectant into a body? No he didn't. Where did Trump come up with injecting it..

Did he ask the science guy to go look into what the results would be when you go injecting disinfectant into a body? Yes, yes he very much asked that question, got shut down when the guy got up to clarify something as basic as you don't inject something that is known to be harmful into the body.

So he didn't tell people to inject disinfectant

MadYaker wrote: »

And yet a ball of people still believed that Trump was/is a Russian agent...go figure.

It is extraordinary that American Networks would attempt to convince people that a sitting American President is actually guilty of treason.

He has been accused of genocide ( https://www.newsweek.com/us-showing-many-genocide-warning-signs-donald-trump-expert-very-worried-1483817 )....

And today he has been accused of telling americans to inject disinfectant....

Tomorrow god only knows what people will swallow....

And yet a ball of people still believed that Trump was/is a Russian agent...go figure.

It is extraordinary that American Networks would attempt to convince people that a sitting American President is actually guilty of treason.

He has been accused of genocide ( https://www.newsweek.com/us-showing-many-genocide-warning-signs-donald-trump-expert-very-worried-1483817 )....

Enticing all of the multinationals based here back to the US would be a good one.

No, but that’s not the point. In times of uncertainty, people look for leadership. For him to suggest that it might be a solution, no matter how conditioned the comment, will make some people think it’s an idea, I should try it. Yes, a small proportion of the population. But when you’re talking about 300,000,000 people, even a minuscule percentage is a big number.

At the very least, it’s irresponsible in the extreme.

You try break it down to simple form, he spoke the words he spoke they're known.. did intelligence science guy in his briefing to Trump say anything about injecting it anywhere???

So where did Trump get the word of injecting disinfectant anywhere.. the smart man made an absolute a$$ of himself and the bobblehead army are out in force to defend his stupidity.

Even coming up with "he didn't mean stick stuff up your jacksie he meant to break disinfectant down into something that can be injected".

No, but that’s not the point. In times of uncertainty, people look for leadership. For him to suggest that it might be a solution, no matter how conditioned the comment, will make some people think it’s an idea, I should try it. Yes, a small proportion of the population. But when you’re talking about 300,000,000 people, even a minuscule percentage is a big number.

At the very least, it’s irresponsible in the extreme.

But he didn't tell people to inject?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Again this is how the right in America work. They make it sound like the whole liberal part of America think he is a Russian agent. Of course he is not. Is he some what compromised with regard to Russia, it’s banks and oligarchs, quite likely and unless he unveils his tax returns those questions hang over him. It’s a two way street.

And of course he did not directly tell people inject yourself with disinfectant but he inferred they were looking into and when you have gullable, naive and desperate people who hang on every word he says , it is dangerous and irresponsible and someone with such power should have more self control but he can’t stop talking because that what he does talk a lot of bull**** and some people (including posters here) lap it up

• Advertisement

Er, I said “but that’s not the point”. And it’s still not the point.

You try break it down to simple form, he spoke the words he spoke they're known.. did intelligence science guy in his briefing to Trump say anything about injecting it anywhere???

So where did Trump get the word of injecting disinfectant anywhere.. the smart man made an absolute a$$ of himself and the bobblehead army are out in force to defend his stupidity.

Even coming up with "he didn't mean stick stuff up your jacksie he meant to break disinfectant down into something that can be injected".

Bobblehead army

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

What time is the nutjob on tonight?

Ooohhh wait the smart man was just being sarcastic about his injecting comment???

Oh boy, I really thought he was serious thank Satan he wasn't.

kilns wrote: »
    Again this is how the right in America work. They make it sound like the whole liberal part of America think he is a Russian agent. Of course he is not. Is he some what compromised with regard to Russia, it’s banks and oligarchs, quite likely and unless he unveils his tax returns those questions hang over him. It’s a two way street.

And of course he did not directly tell people inject yourself with disinfectant but he inferred they were looking into and when you have gullable, naive and desperate people who hang on every word he says , it is dangerous and irresponsible and someone with such power should have more self control but he can’t stop talking because that what he does talk a lot of bull**** and some people (including posters here) lap it up

Hang on a minute...I have already linked to a page full of mainstream media alleging he is a Russian agent.....take it up with those media outlets.

I don't know how many times I have to say this...I am Irish...I vote in Irish elections....

I'm contributing to this thread not because I am a Trump supporter because that is impossible for me to be...there are a few things I like about him, there are a few things I dislike about him....

But I cannot get over they hysteria around this presidency, it is unprecended that a sitting US President would be accused of Treason, War Crimes, Genocide, Corruption most if not all of which are nothing but hyperbole....

I cannot get over how many Irish people have been taken by this hysteria....Its nuts....it does however give people a great opportunity to call Americans thick/stupid/morons etc etc....

People on this thread believe that Donald Trump told Americans to take disinfectant....it is bonkers.

And he didn't sh!t his pants either, at least as far as I know, but judging a man positively based on him not officially ordering people to inject is a bit flawed, don't you think.

Er, I said “but that’s not the point”. And it’s still not the point.

Well he has been accused of telling Americans to take disinfectant.

There have been reports across media all day....Disinfectant companies have issued statements advising people not to take disinfectant....so it very much is the point....unless you know damn well what he meant but you prefer the out of context version....

People on this thread believe that Donald Trump told Americans to take disinfectant....it is bonkers.

Do they though?

Or is that all in your head? He was suggesting during an official press briefing that it was an idea worth looking into. That's feckin' stupid and given his position, dangerous. His supporters are statistically less educated than the national average and are more vulnerable than most to acting on his dumbass televised musings.

Do they though?

Or is that all in your head? He was suggesting during an official press briefing that it was an idea worth looking into. That's feckin' stupid and given his position, dangerous. His supporters are statistically less educated than the national average and are more vulnerable than most to acting on his dumbass televised musings.

Are you saying republican supporters are less intelligent than democrats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Sawduck wrote: »
    Wait are trump supporters really drinking toilet duck?????

And binging on duck dynasty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement