Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

silverharp wrote: »
    Its Tara Reid's (Biden's sexual assault accuser's) mother phoning into the show describing that her daughter hit a brick wall trying to report it internally.

That's not good for Biden

Won't be a peep about it until the real mud slinging begins. Trump should rehire Roger Stone too. The king of mud

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

silverharp wrote: »
    Its Tara Reid's (Biden's sexual assault accuser's) mother phoning into the show describing that her daughter hit a brick wall trying to report it internally.

That's not good for Biden
    Original tweet said it 'allegedly could be' Reade's mother.

Has this been shown to definitely be her, or is it still just allegedly her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Well, both Clinton and Obama were against Gay marriage in the very recent past but we don't hang them for it...people change....we don't call Democrats homophobes....do we?

Drinking bleach....come on...
    Ah yes, correction - it was injecting bleach.

Clinton and Obama changed stances on same sex marriage as is noted. Do you have anything to show Fred Trump who supported the KKK ever changed from his racism?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Ah yes, correction - it was injecting bleach.

Clinton and Obama changed stances on same sex marriage as is noted. Do you have anything to show Fred Trump who supported the KKK ever changed from his racism?

How would I ....I am not the one obsessed by him....

In fairness, you're pretty obsessed with getting annoyed with anyone discussing his atrocious handling of the crisis.

• Advertisement

Well you wanted to reply to my comment that Fred Truno was a KKK sympathiser and good businessman by what's outing your way into talking about people and things change, like the democrats from being the more racist party back a hundred years ago, to Obama or Clinton changing their stances in SSM.

So if you don't have anything about Fred Trump changing, did you even have a point to your posts?

In fairness, you're pretty obsessed with getting annoyed with anyone discussing his atrocious handling of the crisis.

Am I though....

Or maybe I'm just not in agreement with the prevailing narrative....that doesn't make me annoyed...

I am mystified at how many people are obsessed with this President...that is why I am on this thread....it's so strange to see adults get so emotionally involved in one individual....it's truly baffling to me.....

Well you wanted to reply to my comment that Fred Truno was a KKK sympathiser and good businessman by what's outing your way into talking about people and things change, like the democrats from being the more racist party back a hundred years ago, to Obama or Clinton changing their stances in SSM.

So if you don't have anything about Fred Trump changing, did you even have a point to your posts?

What are you on about....of course I don't have anything on Fred Trump...the first I heard of the mans name was when you mentioned it....unlike you, I am not obsessed with any Trump....

How the f##k do you know who Fred Trump is....and what his stance on race was back in the day....

People change...nobody is perfect...was my point.

Charlie Flanagan's auld lad wanted the government to emulate the Nazis and actually stood up in the dail and said "rout the Jews out of this country.. where the bees are there is honey, and where the Jews are there is money"

Don't hold the views of people's parents against them

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I said the opposite....which you know....

Read what you said....you contradicted yourself in what was a short post.

I said deregulation helped the economy go

I said federal deregulation rarely impacts SMEs.

The 2 statements are not contradictory in any way.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    I said deregulation helped the economy go

I said federal deregulation rarely impacts SMEs.

The 2 statements are not contradictory in any way.

I do apologize, I read your post incorrectly.

I am winging it somewhat as I do not operate in the US, but I do know that operating a small SME isn't easy and often local authority can make life very difficult, I am told, Trumps Administration has cleared a lot of this local regulation making life a little easier....you can argue that as it was done at state level it had nothing to do with Trump...that would be a reasonable argument.

Tax Cuts often allow for capital to flow from wealthy individuals to start ups if incentifised to do so....creating more jobs and increasing tax take...the employment numbers were very healthy two short months ago...long term that is very healthy.

I'm taking the position that it was so easy to do....anyone with the will could have done what Trump did...as we all know he is no genius.

Am I though....

Or maybe I'm just not in agreement with the prevailing narrative....that doesn't make me annoyed...

I am mystified at how many people are obsessed with this President...that is why I am on this thread....it's so strange to see adults get so emotionally involved in one individual....it's truly baffling to me.....

Yes, you literally said that we shouldn't criticise as we've got our own problems at home.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Charlie Flanagan's auld lad wanted the government to emulate the Nazis and actually stood up in the dail and said "rout the Jews out of this country.. where the bees are there is honey, and where the Jews are there is money"

Don't hold the views of people's parents against them
    I never did, you should scroll back.

Yes, you literally said that we shouldn't criticise as we've got our own problems at home.

Let me clarify....

It would be much more helpful if we were as obsessed about our own elected leaders as we are about the elected leader of a democracy we don't vote in....who knows we might not have elected the leader of one of the most corrupt political parties in the EU into the highest office in this land...we are not in a position to think we are any better than any American voter.

What are you on about....of course I don't have anything on Fred Trump...the first I heard of the mans name was when you mentioned it....unlike you, I am not obsessed with any Trump....
    You have the third most posts on the entire thread.
    How the f##k do you know who Fred Trump is....and what his stance on race was back in the day....
    Not sure what you're getting so wound up about, he was a high profile businessman who made a sh*t tonne of money that he gave down to Donald who largely squandered it to the point of no US banks loaning go him anymore. Fred, while very successful in the business world also had a well documented case of the auld racism, and his general KKK sympathies have been documented quite well down the years.
    People change...nobody is perfect...was my point.
    And you did so by jumping in on a comment about Fred Trump having been a KKK sympathiser, so I would assume you would have something about Fred Trump having actually, you know, changed.

It turns out you didn't, and so you have no point at all. Maybe you just got triggered by the words 'KKK' and 'Trump' in the same sentence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Let me clarify....

It would be much more helpful if we were as obsessed about our own elected leaders as we are about the elected leader of a democracy we don't vote in....who knows we might not have elected the leader of one of the most corrupt political parties in the EU into the highest office in this land...we are not in a position to think we are any better than any American voter.

I'd say our leaders saying masks are useless has caused far more harm then what Trump said about the bleach. Perhaps I'm wrong and this will be full of reports soon on people injecting themselves with bleach.

You have the third most posts on the entire thread.

Not sure what you're getting so wound up about, he was a high profile businessman who made a sh*t tonne of money that he gave down to Donald who largely squandered it to the point of no US banks loaning go him anymore. Fred, while very successful in the business world also had a well documented case of the auld racism, and his general KKK sympathies have been documented quite well down the years.

And you did so by jumping in on a comment about Fred Trump having been a KKK sympathiser, so I would assume you would have something about Fred Trump having actually, you know, changed.

It turns out you didn't, and so you have no point at all. Maybe you just got triggered by the words 'KKK' and 'Trump' in the same sentence?

...I'll leave you at it...if I need to find out something about a Trump family member I'll know who to ask...fair play to you...

...I'll leave you at it...if I need to find out something about a Trump family member I'll know who to ask...fair play to you...

Grand so, feel free to "leave me at it" next time too, if you've not got anything to add next beyond ad hominems and getting emotional.

Grand so, feel free to "leave me at it" next time too, if you've not got anything to add next beyond ad hominems and getting emotional.

Ya...but I'm not the one buying into hysteria...

Ya...but I'm not the one buying into hysteria...

Stating Fred Trump was a KKK sympathiser isn't hysteria, you might want to look up the definition of the word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Let me clarify....

Just as a matter of clarity who do you believe should be leading Ireland? Considering this is the country you have an influence in

kilns wrote: »
    Just as a matter of clarity who do you believe should be leading Ireland? Considering this is the country you have an influence in

Now you are just being silly...how I use my vote is my business.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Amirani wrote: »
    Gates didn't finish his degree because he was already running the very successful Microsoft.

Saying he was a college dropout is either ignorant or deliberately trying to mislead.

He dropped out of college.

So he’s a College dropout.

Now you are just being silly...how I use my vote is my business.

Fair enough, don’t give your hand away.

Keep your high and mighty act against those who dare criticize Trump. I look forward to reading more

Fair enough, don’t give your hand away.

Keep your high and mighty act against those who dare criticize Trump. I look forward to reading more

Eh...the high and mighty act of those who have succumbed to Trump Derangement Syndrome is what I am reacting to....

Dare critize Trump?....virtually the entire media establishment in the US and indeed across the Developed world all day everyday for the last 4 years have been critizing (and consistently misrepresenting) every word that he utters....there is nothing daring about critizing him...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

He dropped out of college.

So he’s a College dropout.

He’s also one of the richest people in the world.

What failing businesses did he run before becoming successful with Microsoft?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Eh...the high and mighty act of those who have succumbed to Trump Derangement Syndrome is what I am reacting to....

Dare critize Trump?....virtually the entire media establishment in the US and indeed across the Developed world all day everyday for the last 4 years have been critizing (and consistently misrepresenting) every word that he utters....there is nothing daring about critizing him...

Trump Derangement syndrome do you hear yourself.

I don’t see this constant criticism in the world media, they mostly just report his quotes and the readers and viewers make up their mind and more often than not people shake their head in disbelief that a man who is wholly unsuitable for the role he holds is their in the first place.

Trump Derangement syndrome do you hear yourself.

I don’t see this constant criticism in the world media, they mostly just report his quotes and the readers and viewers make up their mind and more often than not people shake their head in disbelief that a man who is wholly unsuitable for the role he holds is their in the first place.

It can be tricky to identify balanced media coverage alright...not a skill many are blessed with....

He has been accused of War Crimes, Genocide, Corruption, Rape, Racism, Treason....being a Russian Agent...plus much much more....

It doesn't take much to cop onto how media distributes content in this day and age...the industry has abandoned balance a long long time ago before Trump decided to run...as a consequence people have abandoned trust in media industry to such an extent media has lost it's ability to influence enough people to make it relevant....this man got elected despite the most ferocious negative media coverage I have ever witnessed....the media industry is now more or less irrelevant...if you can get elected despite the media, the industry is f##ked.....they did it to themselves.

It can be tricky to identify balanced media coverage alright...not a skill many are blessed with....

He has been accused of War Crimes, Genocide, Corruption, Rape, Racism, Treason....being a Russian Agent...plus much much more....

It doesn't take much to cop onto how media distributes content in this day and age...the industry has abandoned balance a long long time ago before Trump decided to run...as a consequence people have abandoned trust in media industry to such an extent media has lost it's ability to influence enough people to make it relevant....this man got elected despite the most ferocious negative media coverage I have ever witnessed....the media industry is now more or less irrelevant...if you can get elected despite the media, the industry is f##ked.....they did it to themselves.

Was it reported a few days ago that 75 or 85% of people polled in the UK don't trust or have faith in the media anymore.

There were a few "journalists" whinging about it on twitter.

• Advertisement

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Was it reported a few days ago that 75 or 85% of people polled in the UK don't trust or have faith in the media anymore.

There were a few "journalists" whinging about it on twitter.

Wouldn't surprise me....

They abandoned standards long ago...and those standards weren't that high...all media is tabloid....emotive content delivered around the clock using twitter and social media....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement