Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm sorry for hurting your brain...

Understanding how advertising works ain't for everyone....

when you have nothing to say get personal. How very trumpian.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm sorry for hurting your brain...

Understanding how advertising works ain't for everyone....

We all understand how advertising uses subliminal messaging. Condascending posts make you look a dummy trying to act smart. You made the point that people would claim they aren't influenced by advertising even though that are and then went on to mention brand names. I suggested that just because someone buys something with a brand on it doesn't mean they were influenced by advertising. Which is true.

kilns wrote: »
    His own words don’t help either. He just tweeted he wasn’t directing his light and disinfectant question to Dr Brix but to someone else. Whereas television evidence can prove otherwise

For me, one of the most worrying things about Trump is he seems to actually believe himself when does a wholesale rewrite of something he said 24 hours earlier. It’s as plausible as Pam waking up to Bobby coming out of the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

when you have nothing to say get personal. How very trumpian.

You should count how many times you say the word Trump everyday...just for fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I agree with you...his style can be difficult to understand or warm to....his own self belief can be hard to fathom....

I didn't think this two years ago...but I am impressed with his stamina, he has a sense of humour...and a gorgeous wife....he looks just like he did 4 years ago where as Barak Obama aged terribly....it has taken a pandemic to stop his economy...he was headed for another 4 years.

He hasn't gone to war...he has pulled out of Afganistan, he negotiated a tough trade deal with China, he has tightened immigration which was necessary...

He may be an average President, maybe a little better or a little worse...but he is not the devasting disaster many media outlets would have you believe.

Obama didnt wear fake tan/use sun beds or dye his hair.

• Advertisement

You should count how many times you say the word Trump everyday...just for fun...

good stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I dont think he has a hope tbh, he barely scraped it last time even with the FBI deciding to kneecap Hilary at the absolute perfect time for him. Millions who voted for him in protest will be absolutely horrified with how the last 4 years went even without Covid. Plus Bernie got knocked out democratically this time instead of being swindled so no abstentions there, Biden should walk it so long as he doesnt look completely senile, which is a risk tbh but then again how can anything he does be worse than the guy wondering about drinking bleach?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Biden won't be the Democratic Party nominee.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Larbre34 wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

This is sounding like those posters who claimed Clinton would be the nominee for months...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If he isn't the Cuomo will, and Cuomo would absolutely destroy Trump in debates.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Don't matter, Trump will be laid out from bleach ingestion long before the election anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Why won't he be?

i get that people are looking at how Cuomo has done over the last month or so and see him as somebody who would be a good candidate, but it's a bit late for that now.

What chain of events would see Cuomo end up as the Democrat candidate?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Sawduck wrote: »
    Wait are trump supporters really drinking toilet duck?????

No. But they are trying to defend him suggesting injecting it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Blueshoe wrote: »
    So he didn't tell people to inject disinfectant

Would you inject disinfectant into your body?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The Onion (satire site) ran a brilliant article on injecting bleach.

What's brilliant about it, is it's from March 25th - almost a full month before trunk went ahead and made it reality.

https://local.theonion.com/man-just-buying-one-of-every-cleaning-product-in-case-t-1842493766
    EVANSTON, WY—Throwing bottles of bleach, ammonia, and Drano into a cart at his local grocery store, area man Troy Mitchell was reportedly stocking up on one of every cleaning product he could find Wednesday in case President Donald Trump announces it is a coronavirus cure. “I got toilet bowl cleaner, carpet cleaner, Swiffer WetJet refills—you name it—just so me and my family will be ready if the president announces one of these things can treat Chinese virus,” said Mitchell, indiscriminately throwing containers of laundry detergent, Scrubbing Bubbles, grout whitener, steel wool, Febreze, Tilex mold and mildew remover, and laptop screen wipes into the cart, the contents of which rang up to $2,513.67 at checkout. “I’m not getting caught without some oven degreaser should Trump say it’s going to save us, so I better go ahead and grab me a bottle. After this, I’m hitting the hardware store to pick up a 5-gallon bucket of roof sealant to make sure I’m prepared in the event that turns out to be what gets rid of the Wuhan. Could just be 10 or 20 squirts of Windex into each nostril. You never know what might work in a pinch!” At press time, neighbors confirmed Mitchell had been found unresponsive on the floor of his bathroom with several empty aerosol cans of Rust-Oleum wax-and-tar-removing solvent by his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Stubs his toe on the coffee table “aggghhh trump”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Stubs his toe on the coffee table “aggghhh trump”

Just had my morning coffee, I feel a Trump coming on

Thargor wrote: »
    What makes you say that?

1. If the playing field looked dodgy for septuagenarians before this pandemic, its basically uninsurable now. Biden will be 78 years and two months old at his inauguration.

2. Biden already looked an impossibility for a second term. In ordinary times, this is a catastrophic political situation, being a lame duck from the beginning. In a time of world crisis and leading on from the most divisive destabilising presidency of recent history, it basically cannot happen, and all senior Dems know this, including Biden himself. The Dems need a relatively young but experienced, teak tough, adaptable, super-intelligent, consensus building CEO to lead America out of the greatest pile up since 1929. He or she has to be cut out for 8 years of tireless work and be supported by an even younger vigorous VP.

3. A simple comparison of the 2008-12 Biden speaking live with the man of today shows he is becoming a bit impaired. Whether its just age, fatigue, or early dementia is irrelevant, it all amounts to the same thing.

4. The most statesmanlike act Biden could possibly do is step aside for Cuomo to be nominated by acclaim from the floor of the convention. It would make him a great American hero.

5. Now, it is as probably as much of a hindrance as a help that Cuomo is of an Italian New York Dem dynasty, married to a Kennedy and is super-liberal in social matters and advocates the toughest gun control in the US. But....if he gets the right female running mate, he can lock up all the major demographics bar the rednecks and wasps.

Someone should be polling heavily on him right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Brian? wrote: »
    He’s also one of the richest people in the world.

What failing businesses did he run before becoming successful with Microsoft?

Trafodata

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trafodata

How much costs did he sink in to that venture?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

MadYaker wrote: »
    Some random video that was uploeaded in the last few hours about some random UV treatment thats never been tested on people. You're really clutching now.

The reason it was uploaded in the last few hours before I posted it, is because we live in such corrupt times that when the clip became popular (given it had shown that a treatment Trump had mused about was also in the works and so not as crazy as some were suggesting to ask about it) it was pulled off YouTube. Can't be having the POTUS vindicated now can we.
    "Ahhahahahhhahhha, look look, Trump is asking if UV light can be used inside the body, what a dope!!! Ahhahhahahahha"

'Well, actually, here's a device being studied which does that very thing Trump asked about and it looks quite promising".

"Eh, that's eh, just uploaded, eh, it might not work, and eh, it's not approved yet, so eh"

Give me a break. About as illogical an argument as you're likely to read.

duploelabs wrote: »
    How much costs did he sink in to that venture?

What’s that got to do with anything?

People fail in business, they make mistakes. They get up and try again. Some people can’t handle failure, some people don’t have the self confidence to accept a failure and move on from it. Draw a line in the sand and try again. I’ve met plenty of these people, the slightest knock back and they never recover from it.

Then there are others that don’t and some of them eventually rise.

What’s that got to do with anything?

People fail in business, they make mistakes. They get up and try again. Some people can’t handle failure, some people don’t have the self confidence to accept a failure and move on from it. Draw a line in the sand and try again. I’ve met plenty of these people, the slightest knock back and they never recover from it.

Then there are others that don’t and some of them eventually rise.
    Most don't get blacklisted by banks across the globe..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The reason it was uploaded in the last few hours before I posted it, is because we live in such corrupt times that when the clip became popular (given it had shown that a treatment Trump had mused about was also in the works and so not as crazy as some were suggesting to ask about it) it was pulled off YouTube.

I heard this, do you have link about it, or where did you hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

1. If the playing field looked dodgy for septuagenarians before this pandemic, its basically uninsurable now. Biden will be 78 years and two months old at his inauguration.

2. Biden already looked an impossibility for a second term. In ordinary times, this is a catastrophic political situation, being a lame duck from the beginning. In a time of world crisis and leading on from the most divisive destabilising presidency of recent history, it basically cannot happen, and all senior Dems know this, including Biden himself. The Dems need a relatively young but experienced, teak tough, adaptable, super-intelligent, consensus building CEO to lead America out of the greatest pile up since 1929. He or she has to be cut out for 8 years of tireless work and be supported by an even younger vigorous VP.

3. A simple comparison of the 2008-12 Biden speaking live with the man of today shows he is becoming a bit impaired. Whether its just age, fatigue, or early dementia is irrelevant, it all amounts to the same thing.

4. The most statesmanlike act Biden could possibly do is step aside for Cuomo to be nominated by acclaim from the floor of the convention. It would make him a great American hero.

5. Now, it is as probably as much of a hindrance as a help that Cuomo is of an Italian New York Dem dynasty, married to a Kennedy and is super-liberal in social matters and advocates the toughest gun control in the US. But....if he gets the right female running mate, he can lock up all the major demographics bar the rednecks and wasps.

Someone should be polling heavily on him right now.

You're speaking as if politics was in anyway rational, those points are fine, but none of it will happen (ignoring the delegate gap as well for some reason).

Cuomo is 33/1 in an (imaginary) 3 horse race to be president, if you believe any of what you wrote, it's worth a shot. For me, I'd imagine lottery tickets are a better investment.

astrofool wrote: »
    You're speaking as if politics was in anyway rational, those points are fine, but none of it will happen (ignoring the delegate gap as well for some reason).

Cuomo is 33/1 in an (imaginary) 3 horse race to be president, if you believe any of what you wrote, it's worth a shot. For me, I'd imagine lottery tickets are a better investment.

I put a hundred on him at 50s.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I heard this, do you have link about it, or where did you hear it?

There's been a couple of articles about it, here's one:
    NYT Reporter Flags Video to Youtube Because It Shows UV Light Treatment to Fight Virus Similar to What Trump Described

Media went a little wild on Friday spreading the false story that President Donald Trump told people to inject themselves with disinfectants like bleach or Lysol.

That wasn’t what Trump actually said, as we previously reported. He didn’t suggest anyone inject bleach or Lysol. He was asking questions in the context of the presentation just given by the DHS undersecretary Bill Bryan about the benefit of sunlight or UV light to disinfect or kill the virus. He asked if there “something like that” that could work as a possible treatment.

Turns out, as we noted, there are also scientists who were exploring this very concept, using ultraviolet light to “disinfect” the lungs.

Many people shared a video showing the work of doctors at Cedar Sinai who have developed the “Healight.”

So, it sounds like scientists don’t think that Trump’s idea was all that silly, right? That they’re actually already working on it. There are also multiple other efforts underway looking at the use of UV light to kill the virus.

But this didn’t sit well with a New York Times reporter, Davey Alba, who says that she flagged the video to Youtube because people were spreading it in the wake of Trump’s comments.

image.png

How incredible is this? She’s literally tried to shut down a description of a possible therapy by enterprising scientists because it might actually back up what Trump said. And Youtube pulled it for “violating standards.” What standards? Being something that shows Trump might be right?

It’s called media TDS and describes those who can’t stand to see Trump be right about anything and so are willing to censor actual science intended to help fight the virus.

Not in the article, but the neck on the reporter as they then tweet at one of the co-founders asking for an interview:
    image.png

Most don't get blacklisted by banks across the globe..

Ive never seen a banks blacklist, so dont know who is on it.

• Advertisement

*/
    Trafodata

you have a funny definition of failure. trafodata may have been only a modest success but they made money. trump would love some of that kind of failure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement