Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

notobtuse wrote: »
    Just can't bring yourself to admit the majority of left leaning media bias out there, can you. I understand... sometimes truth tastes like vinegar.

Can you name the major outlets you deem to be all left leaning? Does it include outlets like AP, Reuters, BBC etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

kilns wrote: »
    Can you name the major outlets you deem to be all left leaning? Does it include outlets like AP, Reuters, BBC etc?
    I've done that already. Go back a few pages and look.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Go back a few pages and look.
    Copy and paste again ??

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

I get a kick out of Democrats. They’re now pushing for expanded mail-in voting because of the coronavirus and social distancing guidelines. The biggest problem with mail-in voting result from ‘Ballot Harvesting,’ where parties (actually I should say the democratic party) uses campaign workers, union members, and volunteers to go door-to-door collecting mail-in ballots and then are responsible to hand deliver the ballots to election officials to be counted. Sometimes these workers collecting the ballots have entered into voters homes to help them retrieve and even ‘fill out’ their ballots. It is rife for abuses.

So Republicans are coming back with ‘fine’ for safety reasons if you want expanded mail-in voting then have the voters drop their ballots in the mail, and stop ballot harvesting as ‘it is a threat to the health and well-being of voters because it directly violates social distancing measures and causes the exchange of a physical item that has been in a person’s household and likely contains saliva, which is known to spread COVID-19.’

Democrats are having none of the limiting of ballot harvesting. Gee, I wonder why?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

People dont seem to realise he brought the media spotlight on himself. Do people not remember the nonsense with Sean Spicer and the inauguration crowd size? That set the tone. He has attacked them from day one and they have responded in kind. He lies CONSTANTLY. Do trump supporters expect the media to only report the positives? There's nothing positive to report!

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    People dont seem to realise he brought the media spotlight on himself. Do people not remember the nonsense with Sean Spicer and the inauguration crowd size? That set the tone. He has attacked them from day one and they have responded in kind. He lies CONSTANTLY. Do trump supporters expect the media to only report the positives? There's nothing positive to report!
    'Nothing positive to report?' Who is lying now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

MadYaker wrote: »
    I have no idea if it’s a coincidence and neither do you.

In a town of 69,000 people, a lady who's daughter is having problems with a prominent senator. And that's not a coincidence?

You're absolutely brainwashed mate.

I've done that already. Go back a few pages and look.

The reason I ask is because you are confusing me some of the outlets you claim that are very much left leaning are in fact not. Just because a media outlet reports somethings that is not favorable to your leader does not make them left leaning and bias

jibber5000 wrote: »
    In a town of 69,000 people, a lady who's daughter is having problems with a prominent senator. And that's not a coincidence?

You're absolutely brainwashed mate.
    Oh come on. I'm sure there are dozens of young ladies from that town who are staffers to powerful senators. Why, just in my town alone, we have.... Oh, wait. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

The reason I ask is because you are confusing me some of the outlets you claim that are very much left leaning are in fact not. Just because a media outlet reports somethings that is not favorable to your leader does not make them left leaning and bias
    Like pointing out blatant lies that Donie T makes on tv and easily confirmed....makes them left leaning.

Pandemic going on in the US and all that wankmuffin can go on about is fake news

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I get a kick out of Democrats. They’re now pushing for expanded mail-in voting because of the coronavirus and social distancing guidelines. The biggest problem with mail-in voting result from ‘Ballot Harvesting,’ where parties (actually I should say the democratic party) uses campaign workers, union members, and volunteers to go door-to-door collecting mail-in ballots and then are responsible to hand deliver the ballots to election officials to be counted. Sometimes these workers collecting the ballots have entered into voters homes to help them retrieve and even ‘fill out’ their ballots. It is rife for abuses.

So Republicans are coming back with ‘fine’ for safety reasons if you want expanded mail-in voting then have the voters drop their ballots in the mail, and stop ballot harvesting as ‘it is a threat to the health and well-being of voters because it directly violates social distancing measures and causes the exchange of a physical item that has been in a person’s household and likely contains saliva, which is known to spread COVID-19.’

Democrats are having none of the limiting of ballot harvesting. Gee, I wonder why?

i presume you have a source for that?

i presume you have a source for that?
    Here's one report on it from California. Other states are going through the same thing as is my state of Pennsylvania and the democrats don't want to give up ballot harvesting here, either.

Everyone here knows how to put a stamp on an envelop and post it. Everyone does it all the time. Why is it such a huge hardship ONLY for elections? That's not really a question... we know why democrats don't want to give up ballot harvesting... because it will probably mean they'll win just about all federal elections going forward with expanded mail in voting and ballot harvesting.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/24/amid_covid_mail-in_push_ca_officials_mum_on_ballot_harvesting__143036.html

Here's one report on it from California. Other states are going through the same thing as is my state of Pennsylvania and the democrats don't want to give up ballot harvesting here, either.

Everyone here knows how to put a stamp on an envelop and post it. Everyone does it all the time. Why is it such a huge hardship ONLY for elections? That's not really a question... we know why democrats don't want to give up ballot harvesting... because it will probably mean they'll win just about all federal elections going forward with expanded mail in voting and ballot harvesting.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2020/04/24/amid_covid_mail-in_push_ca_officials_mum_on_ballot_harvesting__143036.html

so all entirely legal then.

Did you know between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots went missing according to data compiled from the federal Election Assistance Commission? That’s about one in five of all absentee ballots mailed to voters. The organization that compiled the data, the Public Interest Legal Foundation, from the Election Assistance Commission says that the sheer volume of them raises serious doubts about election security.

And whiter than white republicans would never dream about voter suppression and manipulation

Did you know between 2012 and 2018, 28.3 million mail-in ballots went missing according to data compiled from the federal Election Assistance Commission? That’s about one in five of all absentee ballots mailed to voters. The organization that compiled the data, the Public Interest Legal Foundation, from the Election Assistance Commission says that the sheer volume of them raises serious doubts about election security.

and i suppose they were all votes for republicans? trump votes by mail yet opposes mail in voting. add hypocrisy to add to his list.

and i suppose they were all votes for republicans? trump votes by mail yet opposes mail in voting. add hypocrisy to add to his list.

Adam Schiff just stated that all the Corona virus deaths in America are Trumps fault.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1254839397457027072

When you talk about Trump and hypocrisy how can anyone be a public representative and come out with this nonsense.

We don’t know as they went missing. But I have my suspicions as to whom the majority of the missing votes were for. And there is no denying that Democrats want to take away safeguards that ensure the integrity of the election process.

Adam Schiff just stated that all the Corona virus deaths in America are Trumps fault.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1254839397457027072

How can anyone defend this?

Because, despite it being a sleazy lie, it makes political sense as we all know the democrats media handmaidens will agree with Schiff after they receive their democrat talking points and marching orders.

We don’t know as they went missing. But I have my suspicions as to whom the majority of the missing votes were for. And there is no denying that Democrats want to take away safeguards that ensure the integrity of the election process.

That is ridiculous because you and everyone else knows if a straight vote was allowed nationally and in many districts the republicans would be decimated

• Advertisement

Because, despite it being a sleazy lie, it makes political sense as we all know the democrats media handmaidens will agree with Schiff after they receive their democrat talking points and marching orders.

You don’t get irony do you 😂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Just can't bring yourself to admit the majority of left leaning media bias out there, can you. I understand... sometimes truth tastes like vinegar.

There is no evidence that the majority of media “leans left”.

Mainly because there is no mainstream left wing in the US. There’s the Dems who are right wing and the Republicans who are more right wing.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Would you include the Republican agenda of closing many voting stations in mostly poorer areas the same?

Would you include the Republican agenda of closing many voting stations in mostly poorer areas the same?

And gerrymandering

• Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And gerrymandering

If they can't vote, then they can't vote against us.

Talk about washing your hands of a problem and passing the buck. That’s true leadership...

@CBSNews obtained the new "testing blueprint" that the President presented to Govs today, per @edokeefe. They say states/local govts should develop testing plans, and "identify & overcome barriers to efficient testing."

The fed govt should "act as a supplier of last resort"

It's on the same level as Trumps disinfectant comment. He should be censured immediately by the democrats if they've any integrity.

It's on the same level as Trumps disinfectant comment. He should be censured immediately by the democrats if they've any integrity.
    Schiff needs to have his name kept out there as he’s hoping for higher office. Everything he wanted has blowing up in his face so far... Boxer’s senate seat, Feinstein’s senate seat, the governor’s seat. I guess if he can keep his obnoxious face on the TV screen he might land a Cabinet appointment in a Democratic White House. Will there be a cabinet post called Minister of Propaganda in Biden’s administration?

Schiff needs to have his name kept out there as he’s hoping for higher office. Everything he wanted has blowing up in his face so far... Boxer’s senate seat, Feinstein’s senate seat, the governor’s seat. I guess if he can keep his obnoxious face on the TV screen he might land a Cabinet appointment in a Democratic White House. Will there be a cabinet post called Minister of Propaganda in Biden’s administration?

You sir are comedy gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You sir are comedy gold.

Perhaps he's been sarcastic all along

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement