Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

notobtuse wrote: »
    Joe Biden recently said those officers who arrest and try to deport illegals for the crime of driving while drunk are the ones who ought to be punished. “You’re going to get fired,” he said, “You’re fired if in fact you do that. You only arrest for the purpose of dealing with a felony that’s committed, and I don’t count drunk driving as a felony.”

Huh?

American citizens who drive under the smallest alcohol percentage over the legal limit are subject to massive fines, lost driving license, court appearances, job firings, mandated and expensive driving under the influence courses, and possible substantial jail time… and that’s if nobody is even injured or killed. That’s simply for driving under the influence.

Someone needs to put this doddering old fool out to pasture where he can live out the rest of his life in solitude so he doesn’t hurt anyone.

I don't feel you are being completely honest in how you are positioning this post. You haven't provided the full context of how this was presented.

It was said in the context of it not being a felony for the purposes of immigration.

Hey do you know what Donald Trump said recently? He conjectured that he sees disinfectant and wonders if it could be put in the body, injected maybe, and that it might cure coronavirus or do a number on the lungs.

He needs to be put out to pasture before one of his followers drinks bleach....oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

amdublin wrote: »
    I don't feel you are being completely honest in how you are positioning this post. You haven't provided the full context of how this was presented.

It was said in the context of it not being a felony for the purposes of immigration.

Hey do you know what Donald Trump said recently? He conjectured that he sees disinfectant and wonders if it could be put in the body, injected maybe, and that it might cure coronavirus or do a number on the lungs.

He needs to be put out to pasture before one of his followers drinks bleach....oh wait
    A felony is a felony. 46 of our 50 states have DUI Felony Laws.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

What was your source for the story on Biden?

Did you read the full context for what he said and then come here to misrepresent it? Or did you swallow some nonsense whole from one of your wing nut news sites?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Depending on the severity.

Brian? wrote: »

Did you read the full context for what he said and then come here to misrepresent it? Or did you swallow some nonsense whole from one of your wing nut news sites?
    I don't recall. I read several dozen news articles every day.

My turn to ask a question. Please tell me, if you can, why our liberal (liberal by US standards) TV networks are burying Joe Biden’s sex abuse scandal?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This is a guy who copied text from the White House website

Edited it (badly) and posted it on thread (without a link to the page) in a sad attempt to pass it off as his own work so I wouldn't be surprised at any shenanigans he chooses to pull in his constant defence of Trump.

My turn to ask a question. Please tell me, if you can, why our liberal (liberal by US standards) TV networks are burying Joe Biden’s sex abuse scandal?

They avoided it because Reade is not a reliable witness and the story is completely inconsistent. The reality of it is that Reade’s account falls apart under minimal scrutiny, and any halfway decent journalist would have seen this a mile away

kilns wrote: »
    They avoided it because Reade is not a reliable witness and the story is completely inconsistent. The reality of it is that Reade’s account falls apart under minimal scrutiny, and any halfway decent journalist would have seen this a mile away
    Reade’s account and collaborating witnesses are at least 10 times more reliable than Christine Blasey Ford’s were. Yet the press went mad reporting Ford's story non-stop for months. Plus, there appears to be a complaint filed that is located in Biden’s Senate Records which are under seal. They were to be released in 2019. Reade is calling for Biden's Senate records to be released. Any money is a good bet Biden will now find a way to keep them under seal. Face it, you’re trying to defend the indefensible.

Reade’s account and collaborating witnesses are at least 10 times more reliable than Christine Blasey Ford’s were. Yet the press went mad reporting Ford's story non-stop for months. Plus, there appears to be a complaint filed that is located in Biden’s Senate Records which are under seal. They were to be released in 2019. Reade is calling for Biden's Senate records to be released. Any money is a good bet Biden will now find a way to keep them under seal. Face it, you’re trying to defend the indefensible.

What makes you claim that it’s 10 times more reliable? I’m very interested to hear. Both women may well be telling the truth but I look forward to your ratio explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Both women may well be telling the truth but I look forward to your ratio explanation

Republican:Democrat :pac:

• Advertisement

They aren’t.

they/them/theirs

What's interesting is no one is trying to defend Biden or attack Reade. The reaction is completely different to the one Blasey Ford got.

I also hope Biden's Senate record is unsealed. I also hope he releases his tax returns and encourages Hunter to do the same. I'd love to seem all of this because there isn't a hope in he'll of Trump being as transparent.

You seem quite comfortable with a president who's been accused of sexual assault many times, can't really strong a cogent sentence together, openly admitted groping women without consent, won't release his tax returns, lies constantly and appoints his own family to political positions they have no experience for. Then you attack Biden for much smaller sins. You don't ever feel like a hypocrite?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

This whole Reade thing is just the Dems ploy to get Trump supporters to vote for Biden.
    Look, our guy can do rape and abuse too.
    Next week they will release pics of Biden hanging out with a Kiddie Fiddler.

The republicans will want Biden to open his documents to the public. Chances are there is no complaint in there but they will be digging to find any dirt they find to sling at Biden, all the while Trump will sit there refusing to release his tax returns which will show who and what he is exposed to. Biden should call his bluff release the papers and his tax returns and hammer Trump for not doing it. Heck Trump won’t even release his college grades. I wonder what he has to hide there too lol

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The cognitive dissonance here is staggering..

Biden should be forced to open his record to Scrutiny , but Trump should go all the way to the Supreme to keep all of his records sealed.

Biden withholding his records is definitive proof of wrong-doing , Trump withholding his is a glorious fight against the insidious Deep-State that are out to get him..

How do you not see the utter hypocrisy of this viewpoint?

BTW - They should all release ALL their records , if you want to stand for public office , then the release of Tax records , Business records (or records from other offices held) etc. should be compulsory.

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Biden should be forced to open his record to Scrutiny , but Trump should go all the way to the Supreme to keep all of his records sealed.

Biden withholding his records is definitive proof of wrong-doing , Trump withholding his is a glorious fight against the insidious Deep-State that are out to get him..

BTW - They should all release ALL their records , you you want to stand for public office , then the release of Tax records , Business records (or records from other offices held) etc. should be compulsory.

He will respond with a word salad or move the goal posts on it. Total hypocrisy which he is either too blind to see or chooses to be ignorant about it

All records should be public. How can Any President for example be allowed to be president if they were exposed to a foreign based state backed bank.

The funny thing is if reversed roles and if this was Obama the republicans would be out with their pitch forks marching on Washington included tobeobtuse

BTW - They should all release ALL their records , you you want to stand for public office , then the release of Tax records , Business records (or records from other offices held) etc. should be compulsory.

He will respond with a word salad or move the goal posts on it. Total hypocrisy which he is either too blind to see or chooses to be ignorant about it

All records should be public. How can Any President for example be allowed to be president if they were exposed to a foreign based state backed bank.

The funny thing is if reversed roles and if this was Obama the republicans would be out with their pitch forks marching on Washington included tobeobtuse

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Trump being sarcastic again?
    I don't believe the polls," the president said. "I believe the people of this country are smart. And I don't think that they will put a man in who's incompetent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭trashcan

Trump being sarcastic again?

Well, he's already been proven wrong on that !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I understand she did name Biden in the police report.
    She didn't, where did you read or see that she did?
    The Nal wrote: »
    I don't think she can prosecute. Statute of limitations has run out. She said she filed the complaint for "safety reasons".

She has said "I don't want Donald Trump to be president" but about Biden "If he’s my president, I just can’t fathom it.".

And that is another weird, illogical part of her story. She claims to police report was for 'security reasons' yet, what security does one get from filing a police report? None as best I am aware, though any implied protections from it you would think would only be stronger by naming the person who she is all too willing to accuse publically.

The fact that filing false police reports can result in fines or even prison time on the other hand, would be an excellent motivator for her to not want to name Biden in said police report, despite being eager to do so in public at every opportunity.

---

What is stranger still is, if her complaint is legitimate then why was she praising Biden on social media as recently as 2017 for related issues?

1-n-Oub3-P5-V175esy6aeb7-VLA.png

1-4-Nj4m-W1-Td-Qcv8-H9z-ODDs-XQ.png

1-Uijr-Pff-AIIs-Tu-KWTVSau-Cw.png

She even wrote articles about Bidens work in helping sexual assault victims, this one from back I n2009: "I should know what an abuser looks like. After all, I was working for then Senator Joseph Biden, who sponsored the Violence Against Women Act. But domestic violence is an equal opportunity offender."

Coupled with her insistence in naming Biden publically wherever she can over this alleged incident, yet point blank refusal to do so on the police report that she made (e.g. the one palce there may be consequences if she were lying) this is even more bizarre.

All of this previous praise she has had for Biden on the matter is frankly quite bizarre to put it mildly, especially given she claims she left his office due to what she is alleging. And on that note, her reasons for leaving have also changed repeatedly through the years.

Despite now claiming it was due to sexual assault, at the time, she claimed it was due to her husband and her each getting better job offers in California. And even more curiously, only 18 months ago she wrote it was because she was a) more interested in working in theatre, b) tired/disillusioned with American imperialism, and (I sh*t you not)... c) because of her love for Russia. And since that point, she has repeatedly gushed over Putin in written articles.

It all smells very fishy that she is so eager to avoid naming Biden in the one place where it would have consequence were she lying (and thus would give her claim more credence were she to name him there) whole publically accusing him left, right and centre in media where she would not face consequence were she lying.

It is also fishy that she has repeatedly changed her story as to why she concluded her employment with him.

It is also very fishy that she has repeatedly changed her story down the years from highly praising Biden on these issues to calling him an abuser himself.

It is even more fishy that this change in opinion has perfectly coincided with her doing a complete, seemingly instant 180 on her opinion of Vladimir Putin whom she now considers someone who "scares the power elite in America because he is a compassionate, caring, visionary leader", who has "obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women” and has also stated "When the anti-Russia, anti-Putin propaganda starts up, personally, I shut down. I love Russia, I love my Russian relatives and friends. And like most women across the world, I like President Putin… a lot, his shirt on or shirt off."

This would read like parody if it didn't mirror pro Putin propaganda that has been seen in Russia for much ofthe last two decades, and that last comment is a particular eyebrow raiser coming from someone who claims to be a victim of sexual assault in a political setting.

You can find references for the above and some more info in this article - https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/evidence-casts-doubt-on-tara-reades-sexual-assault-allegations-of-joe-biden-e4cb3ee38460

It really calls into question not just her comments/allegations, but her overall credibility on almost anything involving Putin, Biden and American or Russian politics in general.

• Advertisement

BTW - They should all release ALL their records , if you want to stand for public office , then the release of Tax records , Business records (or records from other offices held) etc. should be compulsory.
    You just got to love it! Many of those here who have accused me of whataboutery and decried and condemned the tactic in the past now use it themselves on a regular basis because it suits them.

But I digress.

Back to you comments.... You’re comparing apples and oranges. Trump isn’t releasing his tax records… BFD. Please show me where it is a requirement. I’m sure the IRS audits him on a regular basis and if they found anything unsavory they’d take him to task. They aren’t known for being the forgiving type.

Now the Biden situation is a completely different matter. Apparently Reade filed a complaint against Biden for sexual assault with the Senate that should be in his sealed Senate records. She was also demoted, as she oversaw 3 people at the time, and moved to a small office with no windows where she was alone and kept away from others after she made her complaint. She is demanding Biden unseal them to prove the validity of her claim. Plus, and more importantly, it is now a police matter. We are looking at obstruction of justice, a serious and possibly criminal matter if Biden works to keep them hidden.

And no comment on the complete hypocrisy of the Democrats? Shocked, I am, shocked! (Not really). When Christine Blasey Ford made allegations against Brett Kavanaugh the Republicans thought is was a serious enough matter that they agreed to Congressional hearings. But with Democrats they ignore the Biden complaint and aren’t even willing to discuss the matter.

edit: I now see the DC police have moved the investigation against Biden from active to inactive. I guess the Democrats remain quite powerful in DC. I know the statute of limitations has expired but that doesn't mean the harassment and intimidation against her recently should be ignored.

She didn't, where did you read or see that she did?

And that is another weird, illogical part of her story. She claims to police report was for 'security reasons' yet, what security does one get from filing a police report? None as best I am aware, though any implied protections from it you would think would only be stronger by naming the person who she is all too willing to accuse publically.

The fact that filing false police reports can result in fines or even prison time on the other hand, would be an excellent motivator for her to not want to name Biden in said police report, despite being eager to do so in public at every opportunity.

---

What is stranger still is, if her complaint is legitimate then why was she praising Biden on social media as recently as 2017 for related issues?

1-n-Oub3-P5-V175esy6aeb7-VLA.png

1-4-Nj4m-W1-Td-Qcv8-H9z-ODDs-XQ.png

1-Uijr-Pff-AIIs-Tu-KWTVSau-Cw.png

She even wrote articles about Bidens work in helping sexual assault victims, this one from back I n2009: "I should know what an abuser looks like. After all, I was working for then Senator Joseph Biden, who sponsored the Violence Against Women Act. But domestic violence is an equal opportunity offender."

Coupled with her insistence in naming Biden publically wherever she can over this alleged incident, yet point blank refusal to do so on the police report that she made (e.g. the one palce there may be consequences if she were lying) this is even more bizarre.

All of this previous praise she has had for Biden on the matter is frankly quite bizarre to put it mildly, especially given she claims she left his office due to what she is alleging. And on that note, her reasons for leaving have also changed repeatedly through the years.

Despite now claiming it was due to sexual assault, at the time, she claimed it was due to her husband and her each getting better job offers in California. And even more curiously, only 18 months ago she wrote it was because she was a) more interested in working in theatre, b) tired/disillusioned with American imperialism, and (I sh*t you not)... c) because of her love for Russia. And since that point, she has repeatedly gushed over Putin in written articles.

It all smells very fishy that she is so eager to avoid naming Biden in the one place where it would have consequence were she lying (and thus would give her claim more credence were she to name him there) whole publically accusing him left, right and centre in media where she would not face consequence were she lying.

It is also fishy that she has repeatedly changed her story as to why she concluded her employment with him.

It is also very fishy that she has repeatedly changed her story down the years from highly praising Biden on these issues to calling him an abuser himself.

It is even more fishy that this change in opinion has perfectly coincided with her doing a complete, seemingly instant 180 on her opinion of Vladimir Putin whom she now considers someone who "scares the power elite in America because he is a compassionate, caring, visionary leader", who has "obvious reverence for women, children and animals, and his ability with sports is intoxicating to American women” and has also stated "When the anti-Russia, anti-Putin propaganda starts up, personally, I shut down. I love Russia, I love my Russian relatives and friends. And like most women across the world, I like President Putin… a lot, his shirt on or shirt off."

This would read like parody if it didn't mirror pro Putin propaganda that has been seen in Russia for much ofthe last two decades, and that last comment is a particular eyebrow raiser coming from someone who claims to be a victim of sexual assault in a political setting.

You can find references for the above and some more info in this article - https://medium.com/@eddiekrassenstein/evidence-casts-doubt-on-tara-reades-sexual-assault-allegations-of-joe-biden-e4cb3ee38460

It really calls into question not just her comments/allegations, but her overall credibility on almost anything involving Putin, Biden and American or Russian politics in general.
    Yes she did file a police report.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/reade-sexual-assault-allegation-against-biden-remains-open-investigation-says-d-c-police

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Voters don’t care about sexual assault allegations anymore. Trump has had 25 allegations of sexual misconduct levelled at him so it’s not as if the voters can vote for someone who’s squeaky clean in that regard so what difference does it make?

Biden should refuse to release his tax returns until trump does the same.

What's interesting is no one is trying to defend Biden or attack Reade. The reaction is completely different to the one Blasey Ford got.

I also hope Biden's Senate record is unsealed. I also hope he releases his tax returns and encourages Hunter to do the same. I'd love to seem all of this because there isn't a hope in he'll of Trump being as transparent.

You seem quite comfortable with a president who's been accused of sexual assault many times, can't really strong a cogent sentence together, openly admitted groping women without consent, won't release his tax returns, lies constantly and appoints his own family to political positions they have no experience for. Then you attack Biden for much smaller sins. You don't ever feel like a hypocrite?
    Bullcrap. All democrats and their media handmaidens are defending Biden and stating it didn't happen, citing a NY Times article. But in new news the NY Times is saying the democrats are misrepresenting what they wrote and the democrats claim about the NY Times is a lie.

https://pjmedia.com/election/tyler-o-neil/2020/04/29/new-york-times-biden-team-is-lying-about-our-reporting-on-tara-reade-n386699

MadYaker wrote: »
    Voters don’t care about sexual assault allegations anymore. Trump has had 25 allegations of sexual misconduct levelled at him so it’s not as if the voters can vote for someone who’s squeaky clean in that regard so what difference does it make?

Biden should refuse to release his tax returns until trump does the same.
    I'm fine with Biden not releasing his tax returns. It isn't a requirement to become president.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Bullcrap. All democrats and their media handmaidens are defending Biden and stating it didn't happen, citing a NY Times article. But in new news the NY Times is saying the democrats are misrepresenting what they wrote and the democrats claim about the NY Times is a lie.

https://pjmedia.com/election/tyler-o-neil/2020/04/29/new-york-times-biden-team-is-lying-about-our-reporting-on-tara-reade-n386699

That link doesn’t back up what you said. Have you got any links to democrat politicians saying it didn’t happen?

What makes you claim that it’s 10 times more reliable? I’m very interested to hear. Both women may well be telling the truth but I look forward to your ratio explanation
    I highly doubt you are interested. But, okay. Reade’s mother called in back when it happened to the Larry King show on CNN and described what happened (10 times more credible than anything Ford had put forth), IMO. Reade’s next door neighbor confirmed she told her back when it happened (10 times more credible than anything Ford had put forth). Reade’s roommate confirmed she told her back when it happened (10 times more credible than anything Ford had put forth). Reade’s brother confirmed she told him back when it happened (10 times more credible than anything Ford had put forth). Reade is calling for Biden to unseal his Senate records to confirm she made a complaint with the Senate against Biden when it happened (10 times more credible than anything Ford had put forth). Reade actually filed a police report (10 times more credible than anything Ford had put forth). Hmmm…. Perhaps I should have said 60 times more credible than anything Ford had put forth.

MadYaker wrote: »
    That link doesn’t back up what you said. Have you got any links to democrat politicians saying it didn’t happen?
    Did you even bother to look or maybe that liberal search filter hides them, I guess?

https://pjmedia.com/election/bryan-preston/2020/04/29/biden-camp-tells-democrats-to-say-tara-reades-sexual-assault-allegation-did-not-happen-n386384

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Which you already established that I knew in the previous post where you said "I understand she did name Biden in the police report".

Funny how you're now tracking back to "ye she did file a police report". Which we bjth already knew.

She however refused to name Biden in it, as filing fake police reports can bring about legal repercussions. At the same time, she is more than happy to name him in media where it is much harder to face repercussions if you are lying.

I can see why you would want to dance around that.

• Advertisement

Which you already established that I knew in the previous post where you said "I understand she did name Biden in the police report".

Funny how you're now tracking back to "ye she did file a police report". Which we bjth already knew.

She however refused to name Biden in it, as filing fake police reports can bring about legal repercussions. At the same time, she is more than happy to name him in media where it is much harder to face repercussions if you are lying.

I can see why you would want to dance around that.
    Lordy, lordy... Well, this is the second time I have to prove ya’ll wrong on this. I hope it will be the last time.
    NPR obtained confirmation of the police report from a law enforcement source. A record of the report names Biden. NPR has filed a Freedom of Information Act request for the full report.

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/19/837966525/on-the-record-a-former-biden-staffers-sexual-assault-allegation

Time for you to move the goalposts again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement