Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Boggles wrote: »
    But here you are, doing just that.

Nope, if I was doing that I would be commenting on the allegation itself, saying I believed her and that Biden should not run for president as a result of it. That's weaponizing an allegation, as much of the left did when Kavanaugh was accused.

What I am doing is merely calling out the hypocrisy of those that would have been all over this had Tara accused a republican. Far as I am concerned it's a matter for the courts but it's for sure also a mask slipping moment for the #metoo/ibelieveher crowd, there can no be denying that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

notobtuse wrote: »
    Please keep up. I said most everyone here was defending Biden.

Again who has defended Biden?

So do you think, in order to prove there is no hypocrisy, nor bias, and that there is equal justice, that the media should devote as much time to investigating and reporting on the story, and have government hearings on the matter especially since there is much more credible evidence, that there was with Kavanaugh?

Again what’s this credible evidence you talk of? Someone saying she told me this happened. That’s not evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Nope, if I was doing that I would be commenting on the allegation itself, saying I believed her and that Biden should not run for president as a result of it. That's weaponizing an allegation, as much of the left did when Kavanaugh was accused.

What I am doing is merely calling out the hypocrisy of those that would have been all over this had Tara accused a republican. Far as I am concerned it's a matter for the courts but it's for sure also a mask slipping moment for the #metoo/ibelieveher crowd, there can no be denying that.
    Exactly. Nobody is saying Biden is guilty. But there should not be one set of standards for republicans and another set of standards for democrats by the government investigative committees and the media. But obviously there is.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So do you think, in order to prove there is no hypocrisy, nor bias, and that there is equal justice, that the media should devote as much time to investigating and reporting on the story, and have government hearings on the matter especially since there is much more credible evidence, that there was with Kavanaugh?

Dispensing Justice and conducting investigations isn't the medias job. The police are already conducting an investigation that can never lead to a conviction.

What sort of government hearings would you like to see?

Its my opinion that both parties in sexual assualt / rape cases should remain anonymous until a verdict is reached. This stuff is a distraction from the real issues that people should be focused on in a presidential election.

All American media entities are hypocritical and biased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I read CNN's Larry King had all the old shows available on Google Play for all to see. I understand since the footage was discovered by a media entity doing some real journalism, and it went public that one segment has now been deleted from Google Play. Odd, wouldn't you say? Hmmm... If you can't avoid it destroy the evidence, perhaps?

More fairy tales / creative writing from yourself.

What you are saying has been discredited:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cnn-larry-king-live-tara-reade/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Jaysus lad, you thought Harvey Weinstein was hard done by, thought you'd be the first on here defending Biden and calling his accuser a lying uppity bitch.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The Nal wrote: »
    That's not proof but it's a very odd coincidence if not. How did they dig up that footage?

Interesting opinion piece in USA Today, errr, today. Seems she has history of some questionable behaviour.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/04/29/joe-biden-sexual-assault-allegation-tara-reade-column/3046962001/

For some context on the Larry King Episode

This is what the lady in question said
    “Yes, hello. I’m wondering what a staffer would do besides go to the press in Washington?” she asks. “My daughter has just left there after working for a prominent senator, and could not get through with her problems at all, and the only thing she could have done was go to the press, and she chose not to do it out of respect for him.

I've no idea what that might or might not prove but it certainly is not evidence that her mother knew she had been sexually assaulted.

As I and many others have already said , allegations of this kind are just crazy - Anyone can say anything and gain traction with the media that are on the opposite side to the accused.

They should be dealt with legally - either by the police if reported soon enough or via civil action if it's from too long ago..

If someone is found guilty , then by all means , tear them apart.. But this sort of stuff is just rubbish.

In the case of Kavanaugh , as I've already said my issues with him at the time were his contortions , lies and acts of perjury in trying to create a defence for himself.

Maybe he shouldn't have been in that position in the 1st place ,but a prospective Supreme Court justice shouldn't lie and commit perjury to defend himself.

amdublin wrote: »
    More fairy tales / creative writing from yourself.

What you are saying has been discredited:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cnn-larry-king-live-tara-reade/

All that says is CNN was not the party responsible for Google Play removing it. I never said it was CNN who had it removed. But someone wanted it gone so it can't be viewed and apparently put pressure on Google Play to make it so nobody can see it. Hmmm... why didn't Snopes ask Google Play who put the screws to them? We know it certainly wasn't Trump.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

MadYaker wrote: »
    Dispensing Justice and conducting investigations isn't the medias job. The police are already conducting an investigation that can never lead to a conviction.

What sort of government hearings would you like to see?

Its my opinion that both parties in sexual assualt / rape cases should remain anonymous until a verdict is reached. This stuff is a distraction from the real issues that people should be focused on in a presidential election.

All American media entities are hypocritical and biased.
    Investigate important news stories and report on it IS the media's job.

A Senate investigation since apparently the complaint was made to a Senate committee and it seems rather than taking action they retaliated against Tara Reade.

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    For some context on the Larry King Episode

This is what the lady in question said

I've no idea what that might or might not prove but it certainly is not evidence that her mother knew she had been sexually assaulted.

As I and many others have already said , allegations of this kind are just crazy - Anyone can say anything and gain traction with the media that are on the opposite side to the accused.

They should be dealt with legally - either by the police if reported soon enough or via civil action if it's from too long ago..

If someone is found guilty , then by all means , tear them apart.. But this sort of stuff is just rubbish.

In the case of Kavanaugh , as I've already said my issues with him at the time were his contortions , lies and acts of perjury in trying to create a defence for himself.

Maybe he shouldn't have been in that position in the 1st place ,but a prospective Supreme Court justice shouldn't lie and commit perjury to defend himself.
    But it's okay for a man who might be president of the US to lie in order to defend himself by directing his campaign to state: "Here’s the bottom line...” “Vice President Joe Biden has spent over 40 years in public life: 36 years in the Senate; 7 Senate campaigns, 2 previous presidential runs, two vice presidential campaigns, and 8 years in the White House. There has never been a complaint, allegation, hint or rumor of any impropriety or inappropriate conduct like this regarding him — ever.”?

There seems to be enough information out their to indicate that was a lie, especially since the complaint apparently might be in his sealed Senate records.

All that says is CNN was not the party responsible for Google Play removing it. I never said it was CNN who had it removed. But someone wanted it gone so it can't be viewed and apparently put pressure on Google Play to make it so nobody can see it. Hmmm... why didn't Snopes ask Google Play who put the screws to them? We know it certainly wasn't Trump.

We don't have to. They address it already in the last paragraph

"We have yet to see any evidence that an Aug. 11, 1993, episode of “Larry King Live” was ever listed on Google Play. Since Google Play’s “Larry King Live” catalog is missing several episodes, it’s possible that no episode for this date was ever listed on (and therefore never removed from) Google’s streaming service. "

amdublin wrote: »
    We don't have to. They address it already in the last paragraph

"We have yet to see any evidence that an Aug. 11, 1993, episode of “Larry King Live” was ever listed on Google Play. Since Google Play’s “Larry King Live” catalog is missing several episodes, it’s possible that no episode for this date was ever listed on (and therefore never removed from) Google’s streaming service. "
    Perhaps Snopes shouldn’t make such claims if they don’t bother to get to the bottom of things.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-larry-king-episode-featuring-biden-accusers-mother-disappears-from-google-play-catalog

A Senate investigation since apparently the complaint was made to a Senate committee and it seems rather than taking action they retaliated against Tara Reade.

So if there is no evidence of a senate complaint you will not be calling for a senate inquiry? Good to know

But it's okay for a man who might be president of the US to lie in order to defend himself by directing his campaign to state: "Here’s the bottom line...” “Vice President Joe Biden has spent over 40 years in public life: 36 years in the Senate; 7 Senate campaigns, 2 previous presidential runs, two vice presidential campaigns, and 8 years in the White House. There has never been a complaint, allegation, hint or rumor of any impropriety or inappropriate conduct like this regarding him — ever.”?

There seems to be enough information out their to indicate that was a lie, especially since the complaint apparently might be in his sealed Senate records.

Did I hear just hear someone criticize a potential president of the USA to lie in order to defend himself. Is this man living in an alternative universe

kilns wrote: »
    So if there is no evidence of a senate complaint you will not be calling for a senate inquiry? Good to know
    No. I'll be calling for equal justice. What was done to Kavanaugh should be done to Biden. We can't have double standards based on political parties. Fair is fair, right?

kilns wrote: »
    Did I hear just hear someone criticize a potential president of the USA to lie in order to defend himself. Is this man living in an alternative universe
    I would appreciate it if you stopped addressing me if you continually misrepresent what I say. I asked Quin_Dub if he thought it was okay as there might be lies on both high ranking individuals, according to him. If you keep misrepresenting what I say don’t expect me to answer your questions going forward.

No. I'll be calling for equal justice. What was done to Kavanaugh should be done to Biden. We can't have double standards based on political parties. Fair is fair, right?

Fair is fair but isn’t a judge to the Supreme Court supposed to be not involved in any politics and must be approved by the senate for his appointment and under what basis would the senate call an inquiry into Biden if no evidence presented other than a he said she said

I would appreciate it if you stopped addressing me if you continually misrepresent what I say. I asked Quin_Dub if he thought it was okay as there might be lies on both high ranking individuals, according to him. If you keep misrepresenting what I say don’t expect me to answer your questions going forward.

Just pulling you up on your rank hypocrisy

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Most everyone here is defending Biden. If you can't see the obvious with your own eyes, there is not much I can do to help you.

I did acknowledge FoxNews opinion shows didn't like Obama and let it be known all the time... but that's all they were - opinion shows.

Can you quote a few posts defending Biden? Should be easy if most people are doing it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

A senate commission to investigate a private citizen? That is hilarious. I’m
    Pretty sure it’s not legal. I’m 100% sure if it was a GOP member you’d be screaming government over reach at the idea.

Brett Kavanagh, spelling intentional, was in the process of being confirmed by a senate committee. If he withdrew from the nomination process, there would have been no senate hearings.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Surely the Democrats will have to pull Biden out and replace him with someone competent.

Oh, No! An unconfirmed report is noting James Baker, the former FBI General Counsel under Barack Obama and for a little less than a year with Trump, has flipped in the Durham probe and is cooperating because he was looking at a great deal of criminal charges.
    It’s likely that when officials involved in the massive conspiracy to bring down Trump’s presidency realize that it’s “Checkmate,” others will begin cooperating with Durham.

Might we be seeing an “October Surprise” a couple months early?

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2020/04/30/joe-digenova-former-fbi-general-counsel-james-baker-has-flipped/

Brian? wrote: »
    A senate commission to investigate a private citizen? That is hilarious. I’m
    Pretty sure it’s not legal. I’m 100% sure if it was a GOP member you’d be screaming government over reach at the idea.

Brett Kavanagh, spelling intentional, was in the process of being confirmed by a senate committee. If he withdrew from the nomination process, there would have been no senate hearings.
    Biden was in the Senate, was VP, and is running for POTUS. The Senate doesn't need him to testify (he'd most probably just ramble away incoherently, anyway), just investigate what was done at the time in the Senate when (and if) Reade's charges were made.

Oh, No! An unconfirmed report is noting James Baker, the former FBI General Counsel under Barack Obama and for a little less than a year with Trump, has flipped in the Durham probe and is cooperating because he was looking at a great deal of criminal charges.

Might we be seeing an “October Surprise” a couple months early?

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-vaughn/2020/04/30/joe-digenova-former-fbi-general-counsel-james-baker-has-flipped/

Great source that publication is ha ha

We can see the type of crap this guy reads now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

We?

Infinitely more truth to be found on RedState than the NYT and the Wapo (combined) that's for sure.

We?

Infinitely more truth to be found on RedState than the NYT and the Wapo (combined) that's for sure.

Any publication that starts a headline with BOOM is top notch I say top notch.

You guys crack me up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

We?

Considering that you were trying to pass off actual full on QANON peddlers pretending to be the lawyers for one of Epsteins victims as legitimate source only a few weeks ago, that's not exactly the most ringing endorsement for RS. :pac:

Perhaps Snopes shouldn’t make such claims if they don’t bother to get to the bottom of things.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-larry-king-episode-featuring-biden-accusers-mother-disappears-from-google-play-catalog

????

The fox thing you posted says practically the same as snopes:

"A source told Fox News that "Larry King Live" was never available on Google Play and its entire catalog was listed there for users to add to on their "wishlist" so that they could be notified if the program became available later"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

We?

We are the borg. You will be assimilated. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement