Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

amdublin wrote: »
    ???

You've brought this down to two single options. Oh clever you. Every single democrat in the world needs to choose one of your options??

It doesn't really work like that dude. There are a million different ways to skin a chicken or whatever the saying is lol

thats not what I'm saying, I'm sure there are democrats , for whom allegedly sexually assaulting women is not something that would make them not vote for somebody , but as long as they're consistent and don't pontificate about it on the other side of the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

The same way Donald's investigation was voted on by what was essentially the republican party?

American politics in particular are a complete cesspit.
    What Donald investigation?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

notobtuse wrote: »
    What Donald investigation?

Don't you mean 'which one'

Interesting how attitudes have switched because of political parties. When the sexual accusation was against a judge nominated for the SCOTUS by a republican it was BELIEVE ALL WOMAN & #METOO, now that it is a democrat running for POTUS being accused of sexual assault it is DUE PROCESS & #MOVEON.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

duploelabs wrote: »
    Don't you mean 'which one'
    No. I asked which Donald investigation the poster mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Interesting how attitudes have switched because of political parties. When the sexual accusation was against a judge nominated for the SCOTUS by a republican it was BELIEVE ALL WOMAN & #METOO, now that it is a democrat running for POTUS being accused of sexual assault it is DUE PROCESS & #MOVEON.

That's about the 20th time you've said that, while ignoring all the of the responses that prove this statement incorrect. So why keep posting it?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    That's about the 20th time you've said that, while ignoring all the of the responses that prove this statement incorrect. So why keep posting it?
    The democrats and their media allies are guilty of hypocrisy and double standards. If you fail to see that, you must be blind. Have you seen that now the DNC chair dismisses any thought of an investigation of Biden over Tara Reade allegations? The same people who oversaw the inquisition of Brett Kavanaugh in the House hearings? Hypocrites, every one of them.

You must have (conveniently) forgot that back in 2018 Biden called for an FBI investigation of Brett Kavanaugh into Blasey Ford's claims, and praised her enormous courage, and she should be given the benefit of the doubt. Where is that Joe Biden now?

Isn’t it ironic Kavanaugh predicted exactly what Biden is going through…
    The consequences will extend long past my nomination. The consequences will be with us for decades. This grotesque character assassination will dissuade confident and good people of all political persuasions from serving our country, and as we all know, in the political system of the early 2000s, what goes around comes around.

For decades to come I fear the country will reap the whirlwind.

You reap what you sow, Joe. Karma’s a bitch.

In a recent interview the RNC Committee Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel gave an epic smackdown to the biased ABC News’s Martha Raddatz and her whataboutery ploy:
    RADDAZ: You put out an ad, an attack ad against Joe Biden. But the President has also been accused of sexual harassment, sexual misconduct, sexual assault by more than a dozen women. And in a radio interview on Thursday, President Trump said while Tara Reade, the accuser, sounds credible, ‘I would just say to Joe Biden, just go out and fight it’ adding, ‘I guess in a way you could say I’m sticking up for him.’ Is he sticking up for Joe Biden? And how far will you go with these attack ads?

MCDANIEL: I’m going to take issue with the media ignoring this. It has been appalling the hypocrisy, as to how Brett Kavanagh was treated versus Joe Biden. Brett Kavanaugh, every accuser was put on TV, it was wall-to-wall coverage. They went into his high school yearbook. They said he needed an FBI investigation. Michael Avenatti was on TV accusing him of gang rape from an accuser who never even met Brett Kavanaugh.

And then you go to Joe Biden, five weeks of silence. 19 interviews without a single question. He won’t let people go into his records in the University of Delaware. They’re calling on the DNC to do the investigation. It from #MeToo, #MeToo, #MeToo to move on, move on, move on in a nanosecond because he’s a Democrat.

And the hypocrisy is appalling and it’s not just from the Democrats, it’s from the media. And I’ll tell you, I think any outlet that conducted those 19 interviews and didn’t ask a single question should be disqualified from conducting any part of a presidential debate.

RADDATZ: So, why did the President say he was “in a way sticking up for him?”

MCDANIEL: Because due process and the presumption of innocence has no longer been the standard in this country when it comes to Republicans. Now, Democrats are suddenly embracing those legal standards that we have made the cornerstone of our country when it comes to Joe Biden. But they threw it out the window when it came to Brett Kavanagh. And so did the media. And the hypocrisy has been appalling. We need to do some self-reflection as to how Kavanaugh was treated versus how Biden is being treated right now.

The part about debates shouldn’t be hosted any of the national media outlets that failed to ask Biden a single question about the Reade allegations is dead on! Perhaps it should be extended to any national media entity that failed to cover the Biden sexual assault in a timely fashion. But that would mean the only media news source to host debates would be FoxNews. The mainstream media should be forced to pay for their obvious bias and hypocrisy.

Perhaps time for the Democratic party to come up with a 'Plan B,' one that doesn’t include Joe Biden?

The democrats and their media allies are guilty of hypocrisy and double standards. If you fail to see that, you must be blind. Have you seen that now the DNC chair dismisses any thought of an investigation of Biden over Tara Reade allegations? The same people who oversaw the inquisition of Brett Kavanaugh in the House hearings? Hypocrites, every one of them.

You must have (conveniently) forgot that back in 2018 Biden called for an FBI investigation of Brett Kavanaugh into Blasey Ford's claims, and praised her enormous courage, and she should be given the benefit of the doubt. Where is that Joe Biden now?

Isn’t it ironic Kavanaugh predicted exactly what Biden is going through…

You reap what you sow, Joe. Karma’s a bitch.

Again, you're just repeating the points you made earlier, while ignoring all the rebuttals posted in return.

If I rebutt them again are you actually going to engage in a debate or are you just going to repeat the same endless cycle?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

No. I asked which Donald investigation the poster mentioned.

Oh just a small one, impeachment something or other. Allegedly using political sway with Ukraine. You know the one.

Might wanna remove the 'not' from your username, based on the above.

• Advertisement

I want to address the boled part from you (and your merry band of ‘likers’). Just last week you were accusing me of inconsistencies regarding what I post about Kavanaugh and the Biden/Media hypocrisy and double standards. Now today you complain... “That's about the 20th time you've said that”

While I’m not the only one who reads what you post, apparently I’m the only one who remembers what you post.

Again, you're just repeating the points you made earlier, while ignoring all the rebuttals posted in return.

If I rebutt them again are you actually going to engage in a debate or are you just going to repeat the same endless cycle?
    There really is no point to keep engaging in rebuttals that make no sense or don't hold water. And yes, I will keep posting the obvious and truth to the matter.

Oh just a small one, impeachment something or other. Allegedly using political sway with Ukraine. You know the one.

Might wanna remove the 'not' from your username, based on the above.
    Thanks for clarifying that. Now I understand what you're alluding to. So, you think the vote was essentially the republican party? I remember a few democrats joined the republican party in that vote. And you fail to acknowledge that farce of an impeachment hearing was run in the House by democrat Congressman Schiff and his democrat cronies in a Gestapo manner. Remember the democrats wouldn't let republicans call ANY witnesses EXCEPT for the witnesses on the APPROVED list of the democrats. Do you think Republicans should hold the same type of witch-hunt for weeks, and televised for all the world to see, regarding Biden's sexual assault claim, and then have democrats vote it down? You know... I might go for that. It definitely would not by hypocritical on my part.

And it was Quid-Pro Joe Biden who used his position as VP to pressure Ukraine into firing the prosecutor investigating the company Joe's son sat on the board, or they wouldn't get their $1 Billion. But I digress...

Thanks for clarifying that. Now I understand what you're alluding to. So, you think the vote was essentially the republican party? I remember a few democrats joined the republican party in that vote. And you fail to acknowledge that farce of an impeachment hearing was run in the House by democrat Congressman Schiff and his democrat cronies in a Gestapo manner. Remember the democrats wouldn't let republicans call ANY witnesses EXCEPT for the witnesses on the APPROVED list of the democrats. Do you think Republicans should hold the same type of witch-hunt for weeks, and televised for all the world to see, regarding Biden's sexual assault claim, and then have democrats vote it down? You know... I might go for that. It definitely would not by hypocritical on my part.

And it was Quid-Pro Joe Biden who used his position as VP to pressure Ukraine into firing the prosecutor investigating the company Joe's son sat on the board, or they wouldn't get their $1 Billion. But I digress...

Which Democrats joined with the republicans in the senate trial? Exactly whom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

That is certainly true of Biden himself.
    Joe Biden, discussing sexual assault claims in early 2018, told PBS flatly, “Women should be believed.”

On Friday, facing his own accusations, he stressed on ­MSNBC the importance of “taking the woman’s claims seriously when she steps forward — and then vet it, look into it."

"The left" though is not the monolith it often professes to be. As much as it was during the Kavanaugh Case, a split has formed in the case of Biden.

People who were outspoken against Kavanaugh and are now downplaying the Biden accusations are the worst amoral, spineless, cretinous, repulsive human beings on the planet, that will use anything as political football to achieve their aims. (Alyssa Milano)

I may not agree with Rose McGowan, but at least now I know she has integrity.

EWzxcUbXkAA5dS3?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I think it's called soap boxing, it's frowned upon else where on boards.. seems it's free rein on this thread.

I think it's called soap boxing, it's frowned upon else where on boards.. seems it's free rein on this thread.
    Or it’s called keeping things consistent and straight since I’m so often taken out of context, misquoted, misrepresented and maligned. A cross some of us are forced to bear.

Oh no! Please, no! I’m hearing some reports of the democrats possible Plan B without Biden. Hillary Clinton running as President with VP running mate Barack Obama. Dear gawd... just take me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Oh no! Please, no! I’m hearing some reports of the democrats possible Plan B without Biden. Hillary Clinton running as President with VP running mate Barack Obama. Dear gawd... just take me now.

from where, theres no way thats real, thats somebody on twitter thinking up the double nightmare , how trump would win in a landslide to piss off Dems and how Hillary would have a 'chance' again for the republicans.

from where, theres no way thats real, thats somebody on twitter thinking up the double nightmare , how trump would win in a landslide to piss off Dems and how Hillary would have a 'chance' again for the republicans.

Can't you recognise sarcasm?

• Advertisement

I want to address the boled part from you (and your merry band of ‘likers’). Just last week you were accusing me of inconsistencies regarding what I post about Kavanaugh and the Biden/Media hypocrisy and double standards. Now today you complain... “That's about the 20th time you've said that”

While I’m not the only one who reads what you post, apparently I’m the only one who remembers what you post.

You don’t seem to remember what you post very well though.

You started with the “media bias” angle, then Biden was asked about it on msnbc, then you went on about the substance of the allegation and now you’re back at the media bias angle again.

At one point you wanted a senate investigation into the allegations, which is ludicrous.

You are a hypocrite. You are going after Biden exactly the way some people went after Kavanagh.

they/them/theirs

Sorry, but it’s all to real. I’ve got to hand it to the democrats if they pull the trigger on it, as it would be a no-lose ticket... brilliant political maneuver. Sneaky devils.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/clinton-obama-in-2020-one-former-white-house-official-says-its-possible-2020-05-03
    https://www.thelibertybeacon.com/hillary-clinton-barack-obama-ticket-in-2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Somebody misses daddy's rallies

You don’t seem to remember what you post very well though.

You started with the “media bias” angle, then Biden was asked about it on msnbc, then you went on about the substance of the allegation and now you’re back at the media bias angle again.

At one point you wanted a senate investigation into the allegations, which is ludicrous.

You are a hypocrite. You are going after Biden exactly the way some people went after Kavanagh.
    You've got it all wrong. It's always been about media hypocrisy and their double standards. Sure I said there should be a senate investigation into the allegations if they hold the same standards for both parties. All part of the same thing. Please try and keep up.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Somebody misses daddy's rallies
    Never been to a Trump rally. Was hoping to make one this year when he was in the area but that probably won't happen with the coronavirus. I did go to a GW Bush rally and a McCain rally. The GW Bush rally was after 9/11 and surreal as it was outdoors in a park and I think I counted 10 snipers in various areas. I missed Trump last election, for some reason.

Sorry, but it’s all to real. I’ve got to hand it to the democrats if they pull the trigger on it, as it would be a no-lose ticket... brilliant political maneuver. Sneaky devils.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/clinton-obama-in-2020-one-former-white-house-official-says-its-possible-2020-05-03
    https://www.thelibertybeacon.com/hillary-clinton-barack-obama-ticket-in-2020/

It's not though, a Republican hypothesised that it could happen. The Market Watch piece you linked to even said it's implausible.

It's not though, a Republican hypothesised that it could happen. The Market Watch piece you linked to even said it's implausible.

Best ignore the ramblings. The senile fool thought that a Democrats crossed the line and voted with the Republicans during the senate trail

duploelabs wrote: »
    Best ignore the ramblings. The senile fool thought that a Democrats crossed the line and voted with the Republicans during the senate trail
    I was referring to the House inquisition and vote to move it to the Senate. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

How can that happen? I thought once a president serves two terms he can't run again even as VP. If Clinton died as president (not that she'd have any chance of winning) Obama couldn't step in as president then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

You've got it all wrong. It's always been about media hypocrisy and their double standards. Sure I said there should be a senate investigation into the allegations if they hold the same standards for both parties. All part of the same thing. Please try and keep up.

Speaking of Media hypocrisy I’m sure you have seen all those Fox News outrage videos about Obama from getting outraged about playing golf to pandering to world dictators. If you didn’t know which side of the fence they said on you would bet your mortgage on it being Trump they are talking about. Now that is hypocrisy in a nut shell.

So if you are going to blame some parts of the media for hypocrisy you would do well to include your own dear media in that hypocrisy also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement