Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

amdublin wrote: »
    I find it a bit mad that a rabid Republican is posting 24/7 on an Irish discussion board about Trump
    I have both US and Irish citizenship.

Anyway, I find it more interesting here debating US politics were it’s something like 6 against 1... I consider that pretty much a fair fight. I do have a home-field advantage, you know. ;)

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Whatever floats your boat I guess :rolleyes: :cool:

I don't know if I would call it an advantage. It's hard to read neutral news/reports and make up your own mind in the USA.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

notobtuse wrote: »
    I have both US and Irish citizenship.

Anyway, I find it more interesting here debating US politics were it’s something like 6 against 1... I consider that pretty much a fair fight. I do have a home-field advantage, you know. ;)

Not many on these boards are registered Democrats or Republicans.

:confused:

Boggles wrote: »

I reckon that poster (notobtuse) is the only poster on this thread that has a vote in the US. He/She is literally trying to convince him/herself :confused:

Whatever floats your boat I guess :rolleyes: :cool:

I don't know if I would call it an advantage. It's hard to read neutral news/reports and make up your own mind in the USA.

:p
    Floats my boat? Maybe I'll start posting in Arts and Entertainment. How's your blood pressure? :p

We don't have neutral news/reports in the US.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Floats my boat? Maybe I'll start posting in Arts and Entertainment. How's your blood pressure? :p

We don't have neutral news/reports in the US.

Reuters?

I'm sure that's true but there sure are enough on these boards that have strong opinions on US politics and like to express them.

I reckon that poster (notobtuse) is the only poster on this thread that has a vote in the US. He/She is literally trying to convince him/herself :confused:
    Nope, just presenting divergent opinion and information that often goes against the groupthink.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Reuters?
    Reuters is considered Center bias here with just a slight leaning to the Left. But isn't Reuters an international entity? And I must admit I don't see many articles coming through my feeds from Reuters. Many from both domestic Left and Right news agencies but not much from Reuters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

‘Obama mad’… Freudian slip? ;)

He hasn't. That doesn't stop strategists and people from discussing it as a viable option.

So you're spouting opinions and making them look news worthy?

Weren't you cribbing about not being able to separate a news story from an opinion piece?

• Advertisement

Nope, just presenting divergent opinion and information that often goes against the groupthink.

But, but, but... you're totally invested in, and representative, of a groupthink (pro tRump) yourself.

Reuters is considered Center bias here with just a slight leaning to the Left. But isn't Reuters an international entity? And I must admit I don't see many articles coming through my feeds from Reuters. Many from both domestic Left and Right news agencies but not much from Reuters.

Well then you should perhaps stick to only centre channels and see what happens

So you're spouting opinions and making them look news worthy?

Weren't you cribbing about not being able to separate a news story from an opinion piece?
    I've never claimed to be a news journalist. Do I look like one? Most every bit of news here is a mixture of news and opinion. It has become hard to distinguish regardless what the title might say.

But, but, but... you're totally invested in, and representative, of a groupthink (pro tRump) yourself.
    I'd like to agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong. :p

duploelabs wrote: »
    Well then you should perhaps stick to only centre channels and see what happens
    I get much of my reading news from realclearpolitics.com as they often give a variety of articles on the same subject from Left, Right and somewhat Center. If I had to stick to center TV channels for the news that would limit me to CSPAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I've never claimed to be a news journalist. Do I look like one? Most every bit of news here is a mixture of news and opinion. It has become hard to distinguish regardless what the title might say.

When did an opinion become a "report", or did you just jump the gun on this? As we you've said now, it's only an opinion from a republican strategist.

The lunacy that comes from your posts about the Dems/biden/senile/Cuomo/Clinton/Obama etc is just that, lunacy. All opinions from you're media handmaiden's. Some would call it conspiracy theories, I've said previously, I find that the hand ringing you're doing around the Ms Reade sexual assault is all on the media being quite, if the Dems were as desperate as the conspiracy theories you regurgitate from your media circle proport them to be, why aren't they jumping on this to get Biden out of the way, it's prefect cover to conspire against uncle Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'm sure that's true but there sure are enough on these boards that have strong opinions on US politics and like to express them.

I think the majority of the world as I hope the majority of America now see Trump for what he is, a self serving imbecile. A mistake that Americans need to rectify.

But I think a previous poster got it right, you are very much trying to convince yourself not anyone else.

It's a fúcking train crash reading your posts.

I think the majority of the world as I hope the majority of America now see Trump for what he is, a self serving imbecile. A mistake that Americans need to rectify.

But I think a previous poster got it right, you are very much trying to convince yourself not anyone else.

It's a fúcking train crash reading your posts.
    Oh, I'll be voting Trump again. No convincing necessary. And odd, but you call it a train crash, yet seem drawn like a bee to pollen. Must either be my golden aura or the enlightenment of learning new things.

Oh, I'll be voting Trump again. No convincing necessary. And odd, but you call it a train crash, yet seem drawn like a bee to pollen. Must either be my golden aura or the enlightenment of learning new things.

It's political rubbernecking.

I haven't learnt an iota from any of your posts. If anything it has confirmed what I knew already I.e. there are some seriously Trump obsessed Republicans in the US.

Imagine being obsessed with a self serving megalomaniac idiot.

It's quite sad really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I've never claimed to be a news journalist. Do I look like one? .

Nope..you wouldn't last long if you got caught copy/pasting other peoples work.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

I haven't learnt an iota from any of your posts. If anything it has confirmed what I knew already I.e. there are some seriously Trump obsessed Republicans in the US.

Imagine being obsessed with a self serving megalomaniac idiot.

It's quite sad really
    If only hydroxychloroquine could cure Trump Derangement Syndrome...

Nope..you wouldn't last long if you got caught copy/pasting other peoples work.
    But I could be the chosen candidate for president in the Democratic party, right?

But I could be the chosen candidate for president in the Democratic party, right?

Oh dear God almighty, my blood pressure is fine, but my God this is getting tiresome

Where is the facepalm meme when you need it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Look what you're been reduced to?

Come on dude. You're better than this

Give me a break... It's tough coming up with new Grade A material every day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He's not though, this is about as good as it gets in between posting pro Trump fluff pieces.

He's not though, this is about as good as it gets in between posting pro Trump fluff pieces.
    gOFQFte.gif

• Advertisement

In all seriousness, know a couple of people affected by lupus and arthritis who were prescribed hydroxychloroquine to treat. They're currently waiting 3 weeks for a resupply of it as there's currently shortages as a result of stupid statements from Trump. I deal with a chronic illness myself and being without meds is terrifying tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement