Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Seems Congressman Adam Schiff feels COVID-19 deaths here are 'Casualties' of his failure to remove Trump in the impeachment process. I hope nobody tells Shiff, as it would break his heart, but it is far more likely that removing Trump would have endangered more Americans in the crisis.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

notobtuse wrote: »
    Did to mean to tag someone else? I've always said FoxNews is biased to the Right on their Opinion Shows.

So just to be clear all media on both side are hypocrites. So when you quote any right wing publications we should take it with a pinch of salt. Got it

In all seriousness, know a couple of people affected by lupus and arthritis who were prescribed hydroxychloroquine to treat. They're currently waiting 3 weeks for a resupply of it as there's currently shortages as a result of stupid statements from Trump. I deal with a chronic illness myself and being without meds is terrifying tbh.
    Three weeks wait versus people who have avoided death from COVID-19. And you think the wait is the bigger concern?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Seems Congressman Adam Schiff feels COVID-19 deaths here are 'Casualties' of his failure to remove Trump in the impeachment process. I hope nobody tells Shiff, as it would break his heart, but it is far more likely that removing Trump would have endangered more Americans in the crisis.

Why? Because the adults would have taken back control of running the country?

kilns wrote: »
    So just to be clear all media on both side are hypocrites. So when you quote any right wing publications we should take it with a pinch of salt. Got it
    I doubt you take anything from a right wing publication with a pinch of salt. A mandate from the devil seems more like it.

• Advertisement

Why? Because the adults would have taken back control of running the country?
    No, because Hillary would probably still be blaming the coronavirus on a right wing conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Oh, I'll be voting Trump again. No convincing necessary. And odd, but you call it a train crash, yet seem drawn like a bee to pollen. Must either be my golden aura or the enlightenment of learning new things.

Negative, you have largely been ignored by me of late.

You are literally just a regurgitation of Hannity talking points.

It's just simply boring.

Three weeks wait versus people who have avoided death from COVID-19. And you think the wait is the bigger concern?

I have a chronic illness, if I were to go without medication. It has the potential to result in my digestive system developing a load of ulcers and there's a high risk of surgery.

In the case of lupus or arthritis, a flare up can also cause long term damage.(Joint damage for arthritis or in the case of lupus, kidney damage) In addition to that, both conditions tend to relate to immune systems so their illnesses flaring puts them at further risk of contracting covid-19.

Meanwhile, there's no indication that hydroxychloroquine is actually beneficial for those with covid-19. It was just a proclamation from the president in an effort to seem as if he had a handle on the situation.

So a person with a chronic illness going off meds is dangerous and can cause long term damage.

Boggles wrote: »
    Negative, you have largely been ignored by me of late.

You are literally just a regurgitation of Hannity talking points.

It's just simply boring.
    This may come as a shock to you, but nobody is forcing to read what I post.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Oh, I'll be voting Trump again. No convincing necessary. And odd, but you call it a train crash,

everybody with a function brain does

• Advertisement

I have a chronic illness, if I were to go without medication. It has the potential to result in my digestive system developing a load of ulcers and there's a high risk of surgery.

In the case of lupus or arthritis, a flare up can also cause long term damage.(Joint damage for arthritis or in the case of lupus, kidney damage) In addition to that, both conditions tend to relate to immune systems so their illnesses flaring puts them at further risk of contracting covid-19.

Meanwhile, there's no indication that hydroxychloroquine is actually beneficial for those with covid-19. It was just a proclamation from the president in an effort to seem as if he had a handle on the situation.

So a person with a chronic illness going off meds is dangerous and can cause long term damage.

I have seen plenty of indications it has helped people from dying from the COVID-19. My body is loaded with arthritis from playing many types of sports in my younger days and a broken neck. I also have a depleted immune system from cancer treatment. Plus chronic lung disease and high blood pressure. If I have to wait three weeks for any of my medications because they could be used to save someone’s life... I say I can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

No, because Hillary would probably still be blaming the coronavirus on a right wing conspiracy.

Wasnt she the one running that pizza place ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

When did an opinion become a "report", or did you just jump the gun on this? As we you've said now, it's only an opinion from a republican strategist.

The lunacy that comes from your posts about the Dems/biden/senile/Cuomo/Clinton/Obama etc is just that, lunacy. All opinions from you're media handmaiden's. Some would call it conspiracy theories, I've said previously, I find that the hand ringing you're doing around the Ms Reade sexual assault is all on the media being quite, if the Dems were as desperate as the conspiracy theories you regurgitate from your media circle proport them to be, why aren't they jumping on this to get Biden out of the way, it's prefect cover to conspire against uncle Joe.

Clearly a hard question to answer, giving it an obtuse birth notobtuse..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I have seen plenty of indications it has helped people from dying from the COVID-19. My body is loaded with arthritis from playing many types of sports in my younger days and a broken neck. I also have a depleted immune system from cancer treatment. Plus chronic lung disease and high blood pressure. If I have to wait three weeks for any of my medications because they could be used to save someone’s life... I say I can wait.

Umm excuse me Sir, you are going off script here. Don't you know that your dear leader is not talking about hydroxychloroquine any more*.

The latest is disinfectant, maybe like injecting disinfectant into the body, doing a number on the lungs.

*because it was shown that it did not work

weisses wrote: »
    Wasnt she the one running that pizza place ??
    The Pizzagate conspiracy was bogus from the start. Although we do have to commend her for creating the saying... In Crust We Trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

This may come as a shock to you, but nobody is forcing to read what I post.

I never claimed they were.

But on the flip side of that is no one is forcing you post ad nauseam either.

Conspiracy theories and constant defending of the imbecilic orange man is like I said at this stage just simply boring.

Much like Trump himself really.

amdublin wrote: »
    Umm excuse me Sir, you are going off script here. Don't you know that your dear leader is not talking about hydroxychloroquine any more*.

The latest is disinfectant, maybe like injecting disinfectant into the body, doing a number on the lungs.

*because it was shown that it did not work

Who cares. I'm talking about hydroxychloroquine as I've seen where people have sworn taking it saved their lives from the coronavirus.

If I acquire COVID-19 I would ask my doctor to put me on Remdesivir or Hydroxychloroquine. But I’m surrrre if you got COVID-19 you’d tell your doctor you want nothing to do with any drug Trump says might work.

The best was when Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer (certifiable Trump hater) had a letter sent out threatening "administrative action" against doctors who prescribed hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine that could potentially help coronavirus patients. Two weeks later she was asking the federal government to send shipments of those drugs to her state. Seems Trump Derangement Syndrome can also kill.

Boggles wrote: »
    I never claimed they were.

But on the flip side of that is no one is forcing you post ad nauseam either.

Conspiracy theories and constant defending of the imbecilic orange man is like I said at this stage just simply boring.

Much like Trump himself really.
    I'm not complaining about my posting.

Have you heard about the 'ignore' feature?

I doubt you take anything from a right wing publication with a pinch of salt. A mandate from the devil seems more like it.

I’m referring to you using right wing articles as references, you expect nobody to pay attention to their hypocrisy. Understood

Who cares. I'm talking about hydroxychloroquine as I've seen where people have sworn taking it saved their lives from the coronavirus.

If I acquire COVID-19 I would ask my doctor to put me on Remdesivir or Hydroxychloroquine. But I’m surrrre if you got COVID-19 you’d tell your doctor you want nothing to do with any drug Trump says might work.

The best was when Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer (certifiable Trump hater) had a letter sent out threatening "administrative action" against doctors who prescribed hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine that could potentially help coronavirus patients. Two weeks later she was asking the federal government to send shipments of those drugs to her state. Seems Trump Derangement Syndrome can also kill.

(a) When you use that phrase Trump Derangement Syndrome, I read it as referring to you/posters like yourself :pac: Just an fyi! ;)

(b) I tend to let my doctors (the people who have studied science and medicine) make decisions about my medical treatment. I certainly do not let idiots (that would be Trump) guide me, based on feelings and anecdotes.

• Advertisement

I’m referring to you using right wing articles as references, you expect nobody to pay attention to their hypocrisy. Understood

I'd hope people here would deal with the content more than the identity. Perhaps that is hoping for too much.

amdublin wrote: »
    (a) When you use that phrase Trump Derangement Syndrome, I read it as referring to you/posters like yourself :pac: Just an fyi! ;)

(b) I tend to let my doctors (the people who have studied science and medicine) make decisions about my medical treatment. I certainly do not let idiots (that would be Trump) guide me, based on feelings and anecdotes.
    I've no doubt you'd turn the term around around to mean the exact opposite of what it was developed to mean. Twist and shout isn't just a song, I guess.

And if your doctor recommends the same treatment Trump has indicated has promise?

I've no doubt you'd turn the term around around to mean the exact opposite of what it was developed to mean. Twist and shout isn't just a song, I guess.

And if your doctor recommends the same treatment Trump has indicated has promise?

The treatment the president was recommending was unproven. It is still not proven to be of benefit. These are the facts. His raving about it has only resulted in a shortage of the drug for people who actively benefit from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

duploelabs wrote: »
    It's political rubbernecking.

I would call it sharing an opinion.

At least notobtuse doesn't come across as mean, petty, spiteful or condescending. If one can't argue with a reasonable person what hope does one have.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Remdesivir maybe, looks promising so far, hydroxychloroquine definitely not, not even looking promising at the moment, has nasty side effects, and the result of him wanting COVID-19 to disappear ("like a miracle"), man has to be the stupidest president yet (at least GW knew his limitations and let Cheney run the show).

Well excuuuuusee me for my brain not interpreting something the way you wanted me to.

I never heard of it before you posted it. I just googled it now. I see from the wiki page that there is a risk that although it was "coined" to be what you want it to be, there is a risk it means/is interpreted the other way. Well, sorreeee I guess it just happened with me.

My answer doesn't change: I'm totally happy to follow what my doctor advises, on the basis of their medical knowledge and the scientific evidence. I'm not happy to follow someone if their advice is based on the advice of a deranged lunatic's "feeling" or "what they've heard".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

The treatment the president was recommending was unproven. It is still not proven to be of benefit. These are the facts. His raving about it has only resulted in a shortage of the drug for people who actively benefit from it.

Been discussed on here previously.

A) The treatment whilst unproven, is still recommended in hospital patients by leading doctors fighting coronavirus worldwide. You will be prescribed it in Ireland if you are in hospital. Whether you want to refuse it will be up to you.

https://reachmd.com/programs/cme/covid-19-interim-guidance-management-pending-empirical-evidence-american-thoracic-society/11408/

B) The apparent shortages for existing patients make no sense. Ie in America there should be approx 1 million patients taking it every day for existing conditions. An extra 20-25,000 taking it per day should not cause any stress on the supply chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/rick-bright-complaint-read-coronavirus-whistleblower-trump-hydroxychloroquine-a9500586.html

Trump bull**** 101..

"Dr Rick Bright, who led the office overseeing the development of a vaccine, says officials launched a “baseless smear campaign” against him and levelled “demonstrably false allegations about his performance in an attempt to justify what was clearly a retaliatory demotion” following his opposition to the broad use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine."

"Food and Drug Administration later warned against using, lacked “scientific merit” while the administration pushed to “flood” parts of the US with drugs “imported from factories in Pakistan and India that had not been inspected by the FDA”, the complaint says."

"Ignored by the White House, Dr Bright felt an urgency to “inform the American public that there was insufficient scientific data to support the use of these drugs for Covid-19 patients” and ”believed that Americans needed to have this critical information available to them to better inform them of the risks before taking the medicine”."

"He “repeatedly clashed” with his boss, Dr Robert Kadlec, HHS assistant secretary for preparedness and response, over the “outsized role” of pharmaceutical consultant of John Clerici within the agency, the complaint says. To justify extending funding to a pharmaceutical company, Mr Clerici said the CEO was “a friend of Jared Kushner,” the president’s senior advisor and son-in-law, according to the complaint.

it was clear to Dr Bright almost immediately that the virus was highly contagious, spreading rapidly, and could have a high mortality rate” in the US, according to the complaint.

But he “initially encountered indifference which then developed into hostility” from White House leadership, including the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and its Secretary Alex Azar, the complaint says. He claims he was removed from meetings."

Does any of the above sound familiar from a previous "whistle blower complaint" it's like I've read this kinda treatment from Trump and his cronies somewhere before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11555936/coronavirus-death-rate-britain-millions-infections-german-study/

Look at the graph for deaths per population, usa doing better than most but again people cant stick to facts when it comes to trump. Again i dont like trump especially his rhetoric about bringing pharma back from Ireland among other things such as his input on scientific matters which he clearly hasn't a clue about but the facts dont lie, the us has handled this crisis better the most whether people like it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is there any peer-reviewed papers that prove the efficacy of HCQ?

Otherwise you'd be better off taking homeopathic sugar pills

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement