Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

It's available over the counter in the US which doesn't help with supply issues unfortunately.

I don't think that's true . It's a prescription only medication in Ireland, the UK and the US.

It's not like grabbing a packet of paracetamol.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,576 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

iebamm2580 wrote:
    Look at the graph for deaths per population, usa doing better than most but again people cant stick to facts when it comes to trump. Again i dont like trump especially his rhetoric about bringing pharma back from Ireland among other things such as his input on scientific matters which he clearly hasn't a clue about but the facts dont lie, the us has handled this crisis better the most whether people like it or not.

Yes you are right, completely, you are the greatest president ever

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

The lab created virus has genomes including hiv and malaria. This is why hydroxychlorine is showing promising results as it is a malaria drug. It is also cheap to make and it's safe. However it won't work every time but it does reduces deaths which is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

notobtuse wrote: »
    I'd hope people here would deal with the content more than the identity. Perhaps that is hoping for too much.

So when someone quotes a cnn or msnbc article to you. You will read it and deal with the content. Sure you would, you are as much a hypocrite as the “mainstream media” you love to hate.

The lab created virus has genomes including hiv and malaria. This is why hydroxychlorine is showing promising results as it is a malaria drug. It is also cheap to make and it's safe. However it won't work every time but it does reduces deaths which is a good thing.

....and a test on an American military base showed using it, doubled the death rates, go Donald!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ....and a test on an American military base showed using it, doubled the death rates, go Donald!

??????

??????

...and the above is rational?

Again, hydroxychlorine tests were recently done on victims of covid on a military base, these tests doubled the death rates, I. E. hydroxychlorine is a bust

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I do find it interesting that suddenly Hydroxychloroquine has become a topic again for the pro-trump posters.

Just in time for the whistleblower story to break about the Trump administration pushing it without any proven efficacy.

That's some coincidence

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/rick-bright-complaint-read-coronavirus-whistleblower-trump-hydroxychloroquine-a9500586.html

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,675 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A number of posts deleted. A reminder - no medical advice allowed on this site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

That study was flawed. Carried out on the very sickest patients, elderly and with multiple co-morbidities.

It was never claimed that it would be a drug to help this cohort of patient's.

Why would so many doctors worldwide be prescribing it if they thought it was completely useless?

• Advertisement

...and the above is rational?

Again, hydroxychlorine tests were recently done on victims of covid on a military base, these tests doubled the death rates, I. E. hydroxychlorine is a bust

So much wrong with this statement.

You can't call a potential treatment a bust based on a retrospective study. It wasn't a randomised controlled trial.

Again why would doctors worldwide be prescribing it if they thought it was a bust and so dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I've no doubt you'd turn the term around around to mean the exact opposite of what it was developed to mean. Twist and shout isn't just a song, I guess.

And if your doctor recommends the same treatment Trump has indicated has promise?
    Then the doctor's reccomendation comes with years of experience and a medical school qualification.
    I'm a huge Trump fan, believe me, but he's no more a doctor than I am. And I'm no doctor.

If you think of a game of darts. One dart left for each player and both need double top.
    One player is blindfolded (no medical qualifications or knowledge or experience) and one player is peter manley (years of experience in darts).

Who's your money on? Both can in theory hit the double top but the latter is more likely than the former.

jibber5000 wrote: »
    So much wrong with this statement.

You can't call a potential treatment a bust based on a retrospective study. It wasn't a randomised controlled trial.

Again why would doctors worldwide be prescribing it if they thought it was a bust and so dangerous?

Because, like the opiate crisis, there are disingenuous doctors who will prescribe anything with enough peer pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The Nal wrote: »
    Bush is the biggest war criminal the planet has seen in this century. Him calling for unity is like some sort of performance art.

Good articles here

Its baffling to me.

George W Bush paved the way for Trump – to rehabilitate him is appalling

The blood on George W Bush's hands will never dry. Don't glorify this man

There are no peer reviewed papers published showing the efficacy of hydroxychlorine, to promote it as 'safe' by anyone is just dangerous and stupid

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

What evidence is there that it was created in a lab? How could it possibly obtain genomes of hiv and malaria? I'd like to hear the science behind that claim.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

amdublin wrote: »
    Well excuuuuusee me for my brain not interpreting something the way you wanted me to.

I never heard of it before you posted it. I just googled it now. I see from the wiki page that there is a risk that although it was "coined" to be what you want it to be, there is a risk it means/is interpreted the other way. Well, sorreeee I guess it just happened with me.

My answer doesn't change: I'm totally happy to follow what my doctor advises, on the basis of their medical knowledge and the scientific evidence. I'm not happy to follow someone if their advice is based on the advice of a deranged lunatic's "feeling" or "what they've heard".

Sorry, I probably came across a little too harsh. I'm not a fan of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals and that's what it appeared to me you were attempting.

“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

"Accuse your opponent of what you are doing, to create confusion and to inculcate voters against evidence of your own guilt"

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Sorry, I probably came across a little too harsh. I'm not a fan of Alinsky's Rules for Radicals and that's what it appeared to me you were attempting.

“Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

"Accuse your opponent of what you are doing, to create confusion and to inculcate voters against evidence of your own guilt"

you mean the rules that trump employs?

you mean the rules that trump employs?

Sometimes.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Sometimes.

constantly

• Advertisement

I don't think that's true . It's a prescription only medication in Ireland, the UK and the US.

It's not like grabbing a packet of paracetamol.

My mistake on that one. Apologies!

I guess Joe Biden could sexually assault someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue

...and get away with it.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Because, like the opiate crisis, there are disingenuous doctors who will prescribe anything with enough peer pressure

If it was only being prescribed in the US I would agree.

I don't think the doctors who prescribe it here are disingenuous.

I see Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been hospitalized again, reportedly this time with a gall bladder infection. At 87 you have to admire her stamina, but with all her recent health issues perhaps it might be best to hang up the robe and enjoy the time she has left.

Her health issues will become a significant factor in the general election. If the Notorious RBG does retire I can see Trump nominating Amy Coney Barrett, a judge on the US Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, to replace her. The question would be the timing of RBG’s retirement. If she retires before the general election Democrats would pitch a fit if Trump nominated someone before the election because of what happened to Merrick Garland. And the Democrats have every right to take Republicans to task over what happened.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I see Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has been hospitalized again, reportedly this time with a gall bladder infection. At 87 you have to admire her stamina, but with all her recent health issues perhaps it might be best to hang up the robe and enjoy the time she has left.

Her health issues will become a significant factor in the general election. If the Notorious RBG does retire I can see Trump nominating Amy Coney Barrett, a judge on the US Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, to replace her. The question would be the timing of RBG’s retirement. If she retires before the general election Democrats would pitch a fit if Trump nominated someone before the election because of what happened to Merrick Garland. And the Democrats have every right to take Republicans to task over what happened.

I'd be interested to know what you think about it.

I think it was an absolute disgrace what the GOP did to Merrick Garland. Who was cheated out of a SCOTUS seat by an act of pure petulance by the Senate GOP. It created a horrific precedence.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    I'd be interested to know what you think about it.

I think it was an absolute disgrace what the GOP did to Merrick Garland. Who was cheated out of a SCOTUS seat by an act of pure petulance by the Senate GOP. It created a horrific precedence.
    I think the republicans should have at least gone through the process. Using delay tactics in the hearings they could have drug it beyond the election... that’s what democrats would have done. I think it was wrong of them to not even allowing him the process. It will come back to bite republicans in the a$$ sometime in the future... and it should.

But I can somewhat understand why republicans did it. Unlike democrats who vote on their political ideals when it comes to SCOTUS picks instead of the qualifications of the nominee, republicans ultimately vote on the qualifications of the nomination. And the Senate GOP would have confirmed Garland if a vote were taken.

I think the republicans should have at least gone through the process. Using delay tactics in the hearings they could have drug it beyond the election... that’s what democrats would have done. I think it was wrong of them to not even allowing him the process. It will come back to bite republicans in the a$$ sometime in the future... and it should.

But I can somewhat understand why republicans did it. Unlike democrats who vote on their political ideals when it comes to SCOTUS picks instead of the qualifications of the nominee, republicans ultimately vote on the qualifications of the nomination. And the Senate GOP would have confirmed Garland if a vote were taken.

is that why the GOP are rushing through confirmations on lawyers, including those who have never tried a case and are rated as not qualified by the ABA?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Mainstream liberal news media in the States are really just political activists pedaling in propaganda.

https://twitter.com/Project_Veritas/status/1258046139707936769

is that why the GOP are rushing through confirmations on lawyers, including those who have never tried a case and are rated as not qualified by the ABA?
    Perhaps. Both parties would do EXACTLY the same... get as many of their nominations confirmed as they control the Senate, before an election takes place where control of the Senate might change parties.

• Advertisement

Perhaps. Both parties would do EXACTLY the same... get as many of their nominations confirmed as they control the Senate, before an election takes place where control of the Senate might change parties.

would they ? would the democrats rush through candiadates that are not qualified for the job? have they a history of that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement