Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Mainstream liberal news media in the States are really just political activists pedaling in propaganda.

https://twitter.com/Project_Veritas/status/1258046139707936769

Jesus, that twitter stream makes Gemmaroids look like the BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

would they ? would the democrats rush through candiadates that are not qualified for the job? have they a history of that?
    ABSOLUTELY!!!

Things have changed in recent years. In the past it required a 60-vote Senate vote on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments, so any nominations had to be extremely qualified. But in 2013, in a pure political move, the Democrats went nuclear and changed the rules requiring only a majority vote. Unfortunately for democrats they have now reaped what they sowed.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

notobtuse wrote: »
    ABSOLUTELY!!!

Things have changed in recent years. In the past it required a 60-vote Senate vote on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments, so any nominations had to be extremely qualified. But in 2013, in a pure political move, the Democrats went nuclear and changed the rules requiring only a majority vote. Unfortunately for democrats they have now reaped what they sowed.

so you have some examples of judges rated unqualified that the democrats rushed through?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I think the republicans should have at least gone through the process. Using delay tactics in the hearings they could have drug it beyond the election... that’s what democrats would have done. I think it was wrong of them to not even allowing him the process. It will come back to bite republicans in the a$$ sometime in the future... and it should.

Why do you think that's what the Dems would have done? Did they ever do anything like this is the past?
    But I can somewhat understand why republicans did it. Unlike democrats who vote on their political ideals when it comes to SCOTUS picks instead of the qualifications of the nominee, republicans ultimately vote on the qualifications of the nomination. And the Senate GOP would have confirmed Garland if a vote were taken.

Again, have you any evidence for this claim that the Dems only vote on ideological basis?

I agree the Senate GOP would have confirmed Garland if McConnell hadn't have pulled a fast one. It was a disgrace, don't you agree?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

so you have some examples of judges rated unqualified that the democrats rushed through?
    No, I don't and I don't intend to investigate the many Obama nominees the Democrats rushed through.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    Why do you think that's what the Dems would have done? Did they ever do anything like this is the past?

Again, have you any evidence for this claim that the Dems only vote on ideological basis?

I agree the Senate GOP would have confirmed Garland if McConnell hadn't have pulled a fast one. It was a disgrace, don't you agree?
    Look up the term 'Borked.'

No, I don't and I don't intend to investigate the many Obama nominees the Democrats rushed through.

so you will retract your claim that the democrats have the same thing the GOP are doing now and rushing through unqualified candidates?

so you will retract your claim that the democrats have the same thing the GOP are doing now and rushing through unqualified candidates?
    No. I don’t recall them right now, some 7 years later. Tell you what… Give me a list of every Obama nominated judge that was rushed through, that was considered ‘controversial’ at the time, and I’ll take a look at them.

Look up the term 'Borked.'

Done.

It's not really an answer to my post.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No. I don’t recall them right now, some 7 years later. Tell you what… Give me a list of every Obama nominated judge that was rushed through, that was considered ‘controversial’ at the time, and I’ll take a look at them.

So you make a claim, and when called out on that claim you ask others to do your work for you to prove your claim :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Democrats need to get rid of Biden.

It's embarrassing. Trump will destroy him in the debates.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1257858123576029184

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

statesaver wrote: »

Jesus, its like whack-a-mole

Yeah, they should dump him, but I'm hoping they stick with him. The question is should Trump be kind and understanding towards the old fool in the debates or go for the jugular?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Yeah, they should dump him, but I'm hoping they stick with him. The question is should Trump be kind and understanding towards the old fool in the debates or go for the jugular?

Trump needs to say feck all and watch Biden make an unelectable fool of himself.

When is the first debate on ?

Trump needs to say feck all and watch Biden make an unelectable fool of himself.

Way too early. Democrats don't even know who their candidate will be yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Way too early. Democrats don't even know who their candidate will be yet.

Today I learnt about something called "Alinsky's Rules for Radicals". You told me about it actually!

I did a little research on it after you mentioned it in an earlier post today.

Omg, it seems to me that you are totally following it rule for rule!!!! :o

Good luck to you in your campaign ;)

you made the claim, you do the work to support it.

amdublin wrote: »
    Today I learnt about something called "Alinsky's Rules for Radicals". You told me about it actually!

I did a little research on it after you mentioned it in an earlier post today.

Omg, it seems to me that you are totally following it rule for rule!!!! :o

Good luck to you in your campaign ;)
    LOL. Not following Alinsky’s rules. I’m utilizing my deprogramming training from back in the 70’s. I was a ‘certified’ deprogrammer for kids that got hooked up with brainwashing religious cults. Hare krishna cults were my specialty. I figure the same deprogramming principles could apply to help out the unfortunate individuals here brainwashed by Leftist ideals. Gotta keep my training sharp, ya know. Believe it or not I was a hippie back in the old days... long hair, hippie clothes, bare feet, liberal ideals, protested the Vietnam war, handed out Leftist flyers, lived on a commune, went to Woodstock, and even hooked up with one of the girls from Charlie Manson’s family for a short while. If you ever wonder what happens to old hippies in the US... well some of them turn into diehard republicans, after growing up. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Sep 29th in Indiana.

Second debate is in Michigan on October 15th and the final debate is on Oct 22nd in Nashville.

VP Debate in on Oct 7th.

Sep 29th in Indiana.

Second debate is in Michigan on October 15th and the final debate is on Oct 22nd in Nashville.

VP Debate in on Oct 7th.
    Really? I didn't know any were set. Who is moderating them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

even hooked up with one of the girls from Charlie Manson’s family for a short while.

Was she part of the family at the time or had left?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,884 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

hetuzozaho wrote: »

She's fictional, so, just pick whichever.

hetuzozaho wrote: »

It was several years after the trial of Manson family ended. She was not involved with the murders. I didn't believe her at first until she pulled back her bangs exposing the 'X' cut in her forehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,884 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

It was several years after the trial of Manson family ended. She was not involved with the murders. I didn't believe her at first until she pulled back her bangs exposing the 'X' cut in her forehead.

Ah lads, come on, he's basically making fun of your credulity here.

Ah lads, come on, he's basically making fun of your credulity here.
    “Credulity”... Great word, but what do I care if you or anyone thinks it’s true or not? There's no way to prove it all. I’ve never told anyone the entire story of that wild, bizarre and sordid month in the summer of ’74 and I don’t intend to here. Hell, I doubt anybody would believe the whole story... I wouldn’t if it was told to me. But I lived and survived it. Sex, booze, drugs, Bavarian music, friends, parties, jealousy, four large garbage bags of festival beer tickets that never made it to the incinerator, quick thinking, a psycho, murder, police, leaches, motorcycle gang and the Manson family girl... Oh, my. But someday the story might be an interesting basis for someone thinking of making a retro ‘Dazed and Confused’ type movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Oh he'll go to town on him. Joe will be good party lining it but as soon as theres conflict and quick retorts needed he'll be shown up. Badly.

Whats this Manson girl post Im seeing? Missed that.

The Nal wrote: »
    Oh he'll go to town on him. Joe will be good party lining it but as soon as theres conflict and quick retorts needed he'll be shown up. Badly.

Whats this Manson girl post Im seeing? Missed that.

Did you see Biden v Bernie? He was fine.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,859 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

He was. Because it was two sensible men civilly discussing politics and important stuff like healthcare. The "nastiest" stuff was about Bernie outspending him and Biden talking about cutting social security. A debate the way they should be.

Trump is going to bring up Biden being a rapist, Biden being senile, Hunter Biden banging his brothers widow and so on. Different playing field.

• Advertisement

No pressure, no major challenges from Bernie, and sympathetic moderators. Biden won’t experience that in the debate against Trump. Did you see Biden’s interview with Mika on MSNBC? Hard to believe he had weeks to prepare and that was his performance? It's like he had absolutely no clue someone at the University of Delaware could simply do a computer search on just someone's name in the records kept there.

I’ll almost feel sorry for him going into the general election debates... if he makes it that far. What do you think the chances are the biased moderators will cheat again and give him the questions ahead of time like they did Hillary?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement