Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Ok so we're at least admitting that there are many factors involved in the spread of Covid-19 and its not all due to Trump giving goofy press conferences and most of the 80,000 deaths would've likely occured under a democrat too.

There's no cure, and the only remedy is shut down the country, which has disastrous economic effects and thus the 14.2% unemployment most certainly would've happened under a democrat as well.

How many weeks did he do nothing?
    He downplayed it, called it a democratic hoax and said it was contained.
    If it was taken serious at the start many lives would have been spared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

How many weeks did he do nothing?
    He downplayed it, called it a democratic hoax and said it was contained.
    If it was taken serious at the start many lives would have been spared.

Governors out west acted very quickly hence the low number of deaths in Washington and California. State response matters a lot.

Bill de Blasio was telling people as late as March to ignore Covid-19 and go outside.

I get Trumps press conferences have been poor and his messaging has been utterly ****, but there are many factors involved in the spread of Covid-19. The buck stops with Trump and he will get a good portion of the blame but lets not assume if a democrat were in charge America would look like New Zealand.

Governors out west acted very quickly hence the low number of deaths in Washington and California. State response matters a lot.

Bill de Blasio was telling people as late as March to ignore Covid-19 and go outside.

I get Trumps press conferences have been poor and his messaging has been utterly ****, but there are many factors involved in the spread of Covid-19. The buck stops with Trump and he will get a good portion of the blame but lets not assume if a democrat were in charge America would look like New Zealand.

Bill de blasio is not a governor.

I think if they’d have taken it seriously from the start, the whole country would have been in a better situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

The only problem being, Trump and Republicans are currently in charge.
    And the situation in the USA has been a total disaster.
    USA has a lower death percentage than Ireland, so if USA is a disaster what does that make Ireland?

da_miser wrote: »
    USA has a lower death percentage than Ireland, so if USA is a disaster what does that make Ireland?

I would strongly suspect that the US is greatly underestimating its deaths. It's state dependent ultimately. Eg New York is retrospectively raising its numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The US hasn't been counting the deaths in nursing homes, we have

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Obama sounds nervous. Biden winning is now personal.

https://sports.yahoo.com/obama-irule-of-law-michael-flynn-case-014121045.html

Obama should be nervous, as should every honest citizen in the US. The justice department just let a traitor off the hook.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Bill de blasio is not a governor.

No, Cuomo is and on March 5th he said:
    "The facts do not merit the level of anxiety we are seeing. I believe it's being generated because people don't know the truth, don't know the facts ..."

"The number will increase because it's math.."

"I'm a little perturbed at the daily angst when the number comes out and the number is higher.."

"Most informed sources say you will see a significant spread of this virus through the population, most important point is: so what!"

Will the liberal media hound him over these comments? Course not, and nor should they by the way, as he was going by the best information available at the time. The attacks on Trump and the obsession with harping on what he said (whilst trying to remain positive) is mostly politically motivated.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

No, Cuomo is and on March 5th he said:

Will the liberal media hound him over these comments? Course not, and nor should they by the way, as he was going by the best information available at the time. The attacks on Trump and the obsession with harping on what he said (whilst trying to remain positive) is mostly politically motivated.

“The liberal media”* went after the right target.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

They shouldn't have "went after" anyone.

They are supposed to be journalists and reporters. Not political activists.

• Advertisement

Is this a thread about Ireland’s handling of the situation?
    The death rate in America doesn’t seem to be slowing though and they’re already opening up.
    Nor are they reporting full figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

They shouldn't have "went after" anyone.

They are supposed to be journalists and reporters. Not political activists.

One of the pillars of a democracy is a free press, so yes they're allowed to go after politicians

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Trump's approval ratings are at an all-time high according to Gallup. The MSM are increasingly irrelevant to people in their attempts to bring down the president.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,675 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

blinding wrote: »
    Have you got Dementia as well ? ?:eek:
    Have you seen him interviewed lately ? Thats of the few interviews that he is doing because its obvious that he has Dementia.
    Has he released his medical records. No doctor would sign off Biden as being clear of Dementia.

I doubt Biden will be the democratic candidate. Nobody would put that guy up as their candidate if they expected to win ! ! !
    Two out of those three is definitely enough :eek:

Seriously ! is this the best the Democrats can come up with ! ! ! :eek:
    Will Joe make it ? ?

Will the Dems have a night of the long knives for Joe.

Nancy will have enough Ice-Cream to watch the show anyway ! ! !:eek:
    Nancy has enough Ice Cream for everyone :eek:

She sure has Industrial Sized Refrigerators :eek: Vey big for a Scrawny Old Crow:eek:
    I’m disappointed I did not get the JFK treatment from Nancy in her Hay Day.

She actually is that long around Washington ! ! !
    Not in Industrialised Refrigerators ! ! !

Nancy ; Let them Eat Ice Cream.

Nancy also said that Health care is a Human right and that Health care must be affordable !!!! So Nancy reckons that you must pay for your Human Rights.

The Dems / republicans are the same as FFG here. Ya might as well go with the real thing and Vote Republican.

The Dems are just Pulling your Chain just like FFG here
    It would probably have been worse if the Dems were in. Nancy would have been spooning Ice cream and Bill would have been spooning.

Hillary would have Misspoken a lot. Probably started a war to cover up for Bill’s spooning ! ! !
    Wasn’t Nancy and Co hugging Chinese and giving out about Flights from China being stopped.

There is every chance that it would have been worse under the Dems with their politically correct bull$h!t :eek::eek:
    If you don’t hug a Chinese and go down to China Town you are a Racist:eek::eek:

If you were in favour if stopping Flights from China . You were a Racist:eek::eek:

This Virtue signalling, politically correct bull$h!t costs lives but the Dems are hiding from the positions that they held.:eek::eek:

As you seem incapable of putting any thought into your posting, and indeed seem to primarily want to contribute drivel to this thread you are now threadbanned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Can you show your conclusive proof that Biden has dementia? Doctors reports? Or is this just your own "feeling" that he has it?

The American electorate won't need to see any 'conclusive proof' that Biden has dementia.

They will infer with their eyes and ears everytime they see and hear Biden.
    Call it what you want, but he's not at 100% of what he used to be and seems to be diminishing.

Biden has called himself a 'Gaffe Machine'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Nearly 80 THOUSAND Americans dead due to trumps lies and incompetence.

This is drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

2u2me wrote: »
    The American electorate won't need to see any 'conclusive proof' that Biden has dementia.

They will infer with their eyes and ears everytime they see and hear Biden.
    Call it what you want, but he's not at 100% of what he used to be and seems to be diminishing.

Biden has called himself a 'Gaffe Machine'.

After 3 and a half years of Trumps verbal Diarrhea Biden looks like a genius.

But I digress, No proof of Joe's alleged dementia other than the claims of a now banned poster.

If you do have proof please feel free to post it here, until then any unfounded claims will be met with the derision they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I honestly can't see Biden being the Democratic nominee.

I certainly don't recall a poorer Democratic Candidate for a Presidential Election in my lifetime.

And I thought Hillary was bad!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

statesaver wrote: »
    Democrats need to get rid of Biden.

It's embarrassing. Trump will destroy him in the debates.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1257858123576029184

Biden will destroy himself in the debate, it's wrong to put him forward, cold.

Full Tara Reade interview:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

But I digress, No proof of Joe's alleged dementia other than the claims of a now banned poster.

If you do have proof please feel free to post it here, until then any unfounded claims will be met with the derision they deserve.

Ahh come on, Biden is as weak a candidate as ever seen.

It's purely a reflection of how divided the Democratic party is that he won.

Biden is certainly suffering some impairment. Maybe it is not dementia but it certainly looks like it and more now than a year ago.

If you hate Trump then Biden is not for you.

Danzy wrote: »
    Biden will destroy himself in the debate, it's wrong to put him forward, cold.

I can't understand how anyone can think Biden can beat Trump.

Fooling no one but themselves.

This is drivel.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

I honestly can't see Biden being the Democratic nominee.

I certainly don't recall a poorer Democratic Candidate for a Presidential Election in my lifetime.

And I thought Hillary was bad!!!

They need to move him out to pasture.

It's sad to see the democrats in the state they are at present put forward a man with obvious early stage memory loss.

Why?

Drivel is drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ooooh Matron!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Criticize Trump all you like I'm not stopping you.
    I just posted a video of Biden calling himself a 'gaffe machine'. I'm trying to tell you it doesn't matter if anyone has proof of it or not, public perception is far stronger than anything when it comes to an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh dear, I'm hearing reports about exposure to the coronavirus very close to the White House.

Oh golly gosh, I do hope Dear Leader is taking appropriate precautions... Although, we know his take on wearing masks already

Watch this space

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

amdublin wrote: »
    Oh dear, I'm hearing reports about exposure to the coronavirus very close to the White House.

Oh golly gosh, I do hope Dear Leader is taking appropriate precautions... Although, we know his take on wearing masks already

Watch this space

I have all of my fingers and toes crossed.

• Advertisement

I have all of my fingers and toes crossed.

Such hatred.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement