Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Brian? wrote: »
    Give over with the pearl clutching, it's about as genuine as Trumps concern for Romney

Pearl clutching???

I've never seen animosity and anger like this over the leaders of foreign countries...

Let me just clarify my position

I care for Trump and Johnson exactly the same amount they care for me ;)

Are you a citizen of both the US and UK?

I was similarly okay with the possibility of Bolsonaro getting it. Leaders that have handled the pandemic atrociously and endangered their citizens and then catching it is somewhat karmic.

Don't kid yourself...it is not...it is infantile.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Are you a citizen of both the US and UK?

What business is that of yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Pearl clutching???

I've never seen animosity and anger like this over the leaders of foreign countries...

Jaysus quick, someone get the smelling salts :pac:

• Advertisement

Pearl clutching???

You do realise that plenty of Irish people have family and friends living in the US? I have aunts, uncles and cousins living over there. My uncle who would be in his seventies isn't saying anything that's dissimilar to what's being said here.

I've got two relatives that are high risk categories in the US and the president's chaotic response doesn't inspire confidence in the federal government's response being adequate.

Now you can follow up with some glib response or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Pearl clutching???

Are you ever not offended?

Some lied and downplayed a dangerous virus, there should be anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jaysus quick, someone get the smelling salts :pac:

Just wake up and smell the covfefe

Edit double post

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Pearl clutching???

200.gif

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    200.gif

A witty gif...you got me!!!

You'd swear this pandemic originated in the US or the UK or Brazil they way you lot are going on!

Are you ever not offended?

Some lied and downplayed a dangerous virus, there should be anger.

Ya...the Chinese did!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I see we've moved on to "shift goal posts, effort number 2" now.

China's role in this is awful, but that doesn't make the US' any better or excuse Trump and bolsonaro being perhaps the two most wreck less leaders in the world with regards to it - or their own citizens regarding coronavirus - right now.

Boris at least copped on a little, after he caught it himself.

You do realise that plenty of Irish people have family and friends living in the US? I have aunts, uncles and cousins living over there. My uncle who would be in his seventies isn't saying anything that's dissimilar to what's being said here.

I've got two relatives that are high risk categories in the US and the president's chaotic response doesn't inspire confidence in the federal government's response being adequate.

Now you can follow up with some glib response or something along those lines.

And what are your Brazillian family saying to you?

I have plenty of friends in the US...they are just hoping to get back to their booming economy as soon as possible!

Ya...the Chinese did!

Sure Karen.

.they are just hoping to get back to their booming economy as soon as possible!

No matter the death count?

I have plenty of friends in the US...they are just hoping to get back to their booming economy as soon as possible!

Running a TRILLION deficit is not the sign of a booming economy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Pearl clutching???

You obviously don't get out much so.

I heard much worse things about Thatcher and GWB for a start.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

duploelabs wrote: »
    No matter the death count?

Where did I say that? I'm hoping our economy gets back to normal aren't we all?

Where did I say that? I'm hoping our economy gets back to normal aren't we all?

The fact that you said get back to a booming economy rather than minimising the death toll speaks volumes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I'm share my residence between the US and the UK. The US has seen a large decline in recent years with a record deficit, an increase in drug prices and the most powerful position in the country occupied by a man who thinks wind turbines give you cancer and detergent could potentially be a corona virus cure.

That said I think the overall level of education in the states is much much lower. Therefore, it's likely that Trump will win again.

Do you think I'm inventing my American family? My mother is American... Ya if you're in your seventies or a vulnerable group, that would tend to not be their priority.. And their children etc tend to be more concerned for their well being.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Pearl clutching???

Are you being serious with this comment?

duploelabs wrote: »
    The fact that you said get back to a booming economy rather than minimising the death toll speaks volumes

The fact that the same anger here is not pointed at the Chinese Government speaks volumes also.

Sure Karen.

Ha haa....ok boomer!!!

The fact that the same anger here is not pointed at the Chinese Government speaks volumes also.

Last time I checked it, this thread was about Trump. But let's not shift the goalposts eh? That's the second time you've tried to shift the focus in as many pages

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Oh yeah? I'm far more angry at the Chinese government than I could ever possibly be at Trump. This just so happens to be a thread about Trump though.

Nice pivot to Whatabouterry once the pearl clutching was called out.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Oh yeah? I'm far more angry at the Chinese government than I could ever possibly be at Trump. This just so happens to be a thread about Trump though.

Nice pivot to Whatabouterry once the pearl clutching was called out.

Fair enough....I was seeing anger toward the UK Prime Minister and the Brazilian Prime Minister which I found very odd...but I get your point.

Back to the election.

Do you think Joe Biden should be held to the same standard he is actively advocating for in US campuses regarding sexual harassment accusations...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Fair enough....I was seeing anger toward the UK Prime Minister and the Brazilian Prime Minister which I found very odd...but I get your point.

Back to the election.

Do you think Joe Biden should be held to the same standard he is actively advocating for in US campuses regarding sexual harassment accusations...

Yes I do but there's a bit of a difference.

Biden was accused of, but denies assault.

Trump admitted it:
    “I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it, you can do anything… grab them by the pussy.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Yes I do but there's a bit of a difference.

Biden was accused of, but denies assault.

Trump admitted it:

And has bragged about perving on naked teenagers as young as 15 backstage at his beauty pagents, one example being the Miss Teen USA pagent he ran during the 1990s.

“You know they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Donald Trump is a pedophile and sex offender, and has bragged about these on camera repeatedly. And his supporters still love him. Anything they have to complain about regarding other politicians can't be taken as serious of honest in light of this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement