Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,128 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I'm share my residence between the US and the UK. The US has seen a large decline in recent years with a record deficit, an increase in drug prices and the most powerful position in the country occupied by a man who thinks wind turbines give you cancer and detergent could potentially be a corona virus cure.

That said I think the overall level of education in the states is much much lower. Therefore, it's likely that Trump will win again.

I hope not for all our sakes. I hope the American people now see that having a man child in charge someone who hs not got a clue what he is doing,just knows how to bully or be angry and is not fit to be president of the smallest country in the world let alone the USA will make the see sense and the vote for Joe Biden.

I also agree with what another great US president Barrack Obama said and as someone who had the right to be the President of the USA that Trumps handling of the whole coronavirus thing has been a chaotic disaster.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

And has bragged about perving on naked teenagers as young as 15 backstage at his beauty pagents, one example being the Miss Teen USA pagent he ran during the 1990s.

“You know they’re standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women. And so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Donald Trump is a pedophile and sex offender, and has bragged about these on camera repeatedly. And his supporters still love him. Anything they have to complain about regarding other politicians can't be taken as serious of honest in light of this.

Amazingly baptists seem to love him. Again, that will correlate will lower education.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

AMKC wrote: »
    I hope not for all our sakes. I hope the American people now see that having a man child in charge someone who hs not got a clue what he is doing,just knows how to bully or be angry and is not fit to be president of the smallest country in the world let alone the USA will make the see sense and the vote for Joe Biden.

I also agree with what another great US president Barrack Obama said and as someone who had the right to be the President of the USA that Trumps handling of the whole coronavirus thing has been a chaotic disaster.

He has managed the coronavirus better than Europe. 12 EU countries have a higher deaths per million. Trump's quick intervention in shutting down travel is why the US fared better. They are now getting back to work and their stock markets have rallied in the past month.

Obama was a joke of a president. Given speaches to read from teleprompters while factories and jobs were shipped abroad. If Obama was in charge the deaths would have been far higher and the economy would have tanked. Trump passed this test reasonably unscathed and will get another 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The fact that the same anger here is not pointed at the Chinese Government speaks volumes also.

There’s already a thread for that in the coronavirus forum. I’m always slightly bemused by the people who come into the trump thread and complain about us having a discussion on trump.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

He has managed the coronavirus better than Europe. 12 EU countries have a higher deaths per million. Trump's quick intervention in shutting down travel is why the US fared better. They are now getting back to work and their stock markets have rallied in the past month.

Obama was a joke of a president. Given speaches to read from teleprompters while factories and jobs were shipped abroad. If Obama was in charge the deaths would have been far higher and the economy would have tanked. Trump passed this test reasonably unscathed and will get another 4 years.

You know Obama added more jobs to the US economy than Trump? Actually by every objective metric he outperformed Trump on the economy.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

It's nothing to do with his handling of it. It was governors that handled this. We also likely don't have accurate numbers and they're still increasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,455 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He has managed the coronavirus better than Europe.

Aside from governors actually controlling the response. Lets look at what Trump did for the american people, and by this I mean what he said on the pulpit on a presser...

First he said there's only 15 people infected and then that would die away.

Then he told people to try a drug that had no proven record of treating the disease, thus causing a shortage for people who actually needed the drug.

Then he told people to explore the idea of putting UV light 'inside the body' and washing their lungs out with disinfectant.

Then when asked what message did he have for the american people who are experiencing hardship, loss, and pain, possibly the lowest of the low ball questions, he attacked the journalist who posed it.

Honourable mention to to delaying the stimulus cheque so he could have his own signature on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

He has managed the coronavirus better than Europe. 12 EU countries have a higher deaths per million. Trump's quick intervention in shutting down travel is why the US fared better. They are now getting back to work and their stock markets have rallied in the past month.,

That's because many EU countries are reporting cases completely differently to the US. Belgium and Ireland e.g are reporting huge number of cases that 'potentially died' from coronvirus without testing first. US are not doing that.

That fact the US ran out of beds and icu space (had to call in hospital ships to its two biggest cities) tells you situation is far worse than reported, that never happened in Ireland.

Obama was one the best talkers in history. His speech at 2004 Democratic convention is the reason he first gained national attention. Thats an all time great speech without a teleprompter.

Unemployment went from 10%+ to 4.7% under Obama. 800,000 jobs losses a month to 75 consecutive months of job growth.

We are now seeing Trump deal with his first crisis in office. If you think he is dealing with it well I don't know what to say..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Oh give it a rest about the unemployment numbers bs. At least trump will actually call out companies for offshoring jobs and profits. He knows that manufacturing jobs are needed and pharma and tech profits should be at home. If he loses in November the us deserves whats coming. An basket case economy built on 100% service sector propped up constant government intervention.

Oh give it a rest about the unemployment numbers bs. At least trump will actually call out companies for offshoring jobs and profits. He knows that manufacturing jobs are needed and pharma and tech profits should be at home. If he loses in November the us deserves whats coming. An basket case economy built on 100% service sector propped up constant government intervention.

It's hilarious to believe that Trump is bringing home tech and pharma jobs.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If Obama was in charge the deaths would have been far higher and the economy would have tanked.

Very weird sentence.

Based on nothing more than your dislike of Obama.

Unless you have some data to back up your claim?

By the way the economy has "tanked".

But but but Obama.

:D

You mean when Trump had to spend billions bailing out the farmers when he got into a dick measuring contest with the Chinese?

Turns out he was only playing with a mushroom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

I only read yesterday that our deaths per million rate is worse than the US. :eek:

Brian? wrote: »
    You know Obama added more jobs to the US economy than Trump? Actually by every objective metric he outperformed Trump on the economy.

Obama added low paying service jobs. Good paying manufacturing jobs were lost and whole communities were ravaged by drugs and crime as a result. This is not the America Trump wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

And?
    Will the jobs be coming back now?

Please explain how you came to this conclusion?
    You are aware their economy has already tanked?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,578 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Obama added low paying service jobs. Good paying manufacturing jobs were lost and whole communities were ravaged by drugs and crime as a result. This is not the America Trump wants.

....and you also realise, trump don't give a ****e about any of that, Narcissists generally dont

Obama added jobs in all segments because the economy was a train wreck when he was elected. Some people have very short memories on just how bad the economy was in 2008.

they/them/theirs

Yes Obama invented automation.

But But But Clean Coal.

:pac:

duploelabs wrote: »
    Aside from governors actually controlling the response. Lets look at what Trump did for the american people, and by this I mean what he said on the pulpit on a presser...

First he said there's only 15 people infected and then that would die away.

Then he told people to try a drug that had no proven record of treating the disease, thus causing a shortage for people who actually needed the drug.

Then he told people to explore the idea of putting UV light 'inside the body' and washing their lungs out with disinfectant.

Then when asked what message did he have for the american people who are experiencing hardship, loss, and pain, possibly the lowest of the low ball questions, he attacked the journalist who posed it.

Honourable mention to to delaying the stimulus cheque so he could have his own signature on it.

His job is to keep the markets from tanking and to minimise panic. When he was downplaying the virus he was also acting quickly to stop those infected coming in from China and Europe. He stopped the markets from panicking and he reduced those infected coming in.

He promoted Hydroxychlorine, a malaria drug which showed good results in some patients. It was later found the coronavirus had malaria genesomes.

He said UV light helps kill the virus. The MSM created the chlorine story which he never said.

The stimulus checks will help businesses and I don't see anything wrong having his name on them. He was the person who signed off on them after the Dems held it up to include packages unrelated to the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,578 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

The stimulus checks will help businesses and I don't see anything wrong having his name on them. He was the person who signed off on them after the Dems held it up to include packages unrelated to the virus.

.....fcuking hell, these people are too weird for me....

His job is to keep the markets from tanking and to minimise panic. When he was downplaying the virus he was also acting quickly to stop those infected coming in from China and Europe. He stopped the markets from panicking and he reduced those infected coming in.

He promoted Hydroxychlorine, a malaria drug which showed good results in some patients. It was later found the coronavirus had malaria genesomes.

He said UV light helps kill the virus. The MSM created the chlorine story which he never said.

I asked you for proof before that Covid-19 contains malaria genomes. Any chance of some?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,667 ✭✭✭golfball37

Trump will romp home in November as the alternative is just too unpalatable to ordinary Americans. It would be a step backwards putting a career politician who is part of the machine in charge

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ....and you also realise, trump don't give a ****e about any of that, Narcissists generally dont

His actions say otherwise. He has renegotiated trade agreements to benefit America and he is trying to stop the flow of drugs at the Mexican border. He has seen America been ripped off by everyone and the decline of the country. The MSM are against him but people in America see what he is doing.

Nope, no they didn't.

Brian? wrote: »
    I asked you for proof before that Covid-19 contains malaria genomes. Any chance of some?

A French virologist who won a Nobel prize

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Disputed-French-Nobel-winner-Luc-Montagnier-says-Covid-19-was-made-in-a-lab-laboratory

The cheques had nothing to do with businesses, they were money directly sent to citizens who badly needed them.

He delayed that for the sole reason that he is a narcissistic dotard.

His job is to protect American people, he has failed on that.

His job is to protect American people, he has failed on that.

It's also worth noting that it was his people that yanked him from his "daily corona virus briefing", which he simply used to spread disinformation and tell everyone how great he was.

It was his one chance to act Presidential when he had an entire captive audience, his one chance to make up for the past 3 and half years and get himself re-elected.

By God did he blow it spectacularly.

I will never forgive him for going full dotard, it was the thing I enjoyed watching most, absolute comedy gold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Politics is a funny old business, he has most certainly been damaged by his bizarre pronouncement about COVID 19.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement