Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

There's zero evidence for what he's saying.

You're using an argument of authority, i.e he's a Nobel prize winner so must be right.

Kary Mullis, a former Nobel prize winner who developed polymerase chain reaction told reporters a "green racoon he met in the forest gave him the idea"!

The French Nobel prize winner is also famous for publishing papers that aren't peer reviewed and can't be replicated by other scientists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

golfball37 wrote: »
    Trump will romp home in November as the alternative is just too unpalatable to ordinary Americans. It would be a step backwards putting a career politician who is part of the machine in charge

And who has obvious degenerative mental issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Boggles wrote: »
    It's also worth noting that it was his people that yanked him from his "daily corona virus briefing", which he simply used to spread disinformation and tell everyone how great he was.

It was his one chance to act Presidential when he had an entire captive audience, his one chance to make up for the past 3 and half years and get himself re-elected.

By God did he blow it spectacularly.

I will never forgive him for going full dotard, it was the thing I enjoyed watching most, absolute comedy gold.

Yeah, I miss his daily meltdown propaganda briefing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

steddyeddy wrote: »
    There's zero evidence for what he's saying.

You're using an argument of authority, i.e he's a Nobel prize winner so must be right.

Kary Mullis, a former Nobel prize winner who developed polymerase chain reaction told reporters a "green racoon he met in the forest gave him the idea"!

The French Nobel prize winner is also famous for publishing papers that aren't peer reviewed and can't be replicated by other scientists.

He did discovery HIV first in 1983.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d42859-018-00003-x

Interestingly Robert Gallo, who Dr Fauci worked with in the 80s, tried to claim he had in fact discovered HIV before the French group which was incorrect.

The saga is very well portrayed in "And the band played on" which is available to watch on You Tube. Would highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,578 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

His actions say otherwise. He has renegotiated trade agreements to benefit America and he is trying to stop the flow of drugs at the Mexican border. He has seen America been ripped off by everyone and the decline of the country. The MSM are against him but people in America see what he is doing.

what!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Brian? wrote: »

Sorry how is a professor at a tiny American college giving his opinion, roundly dismissing a novel prize winner?

jibber5000 wrote: »
    Sorry how is a professor at a tiny American college giving his opinion, roundly dismissing a novel prize winner?

Because the Nobel prize winner is wrong. The evidence he presented doesn't stand up to scrutiny. It really doesn't matter who won what when a person is wrong.

I'm sure he deserved his Novel prize, but it doesn't mean he's now right about everything.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Liberal media just can't help themselves lying (in this case by omission with yet another deceptively edited video) to give the impression that someone within the US administration has said something which they have not.

https://twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1259549689239818240

And they chastise Trump for calling them fake news? It's precisely what they are.

They have a clear objective to make people see anyone either in, or around, the Trump administration in a way which runs counter to reality and if that means lying or removing dialogue from clips to feed their nauseating narrative, then so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

They have a clear objective to make people see anyone either in, or around, the Trump administration in a way which runs counter to reality and if that means lying or removing dialogue from clips to feed their nauseating narrative, then so be it.

James 'O Keefe is on a bit of a rampage also exposing how they are fabricating queues to stores etc..

Scumbaggery is the only word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭kyote00

Hard to take seriously some one who pushes the chemtrials thing...

How do you feel about Bill Gates and 5G ?
    His actions say otherwise. He has renegotiated trade agreements to benefit America and he is trying to stop the flow of drugs at the Mexican border. He has seen America been ripped off by everyone and the decline of the country. The MSM are against him but people in America see what he is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

MSM are totally dishonest. They distort the truth, take things out of context, make things up quoting unidentified sources, sensationalise events, engage in identity politics and tell blatant lies to the population. Everything the MSM says needs to be checked to find the truth. More and more people deem the MSM irrelevant now when forming an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

MSM are totally dishonest. They distort the truth, take things out of context, make things up quoting unidentified sources, sensationalise events, engage in identity politics and tell blatant lies to the population. Everything the MSM says needs to be checked to find the truth. More and more people deem the MSM irrelevant now when forming an opinion.

You have literally just described Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭kyote00

He has zero grasp of international trade.

His china tariffs are paid by the importing country and hurts small and large business owners by driving their costs up .... but Trump doesn't give a **** about that ....

He has routinely mentioned using the low interest rate time to build infrastructure ..... would be a good idea if he had not added to the cost of steel

Grade A moron who will be booted out in Nov as Wall St and the big industrials are 100% in favour of globalisation

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-tariffs-explainer/who-pays-trumps-tariffs-china-or-u-s-customers-and-companies-idUSKCN1SR1UI

His actions say otherwise. He has

renegotiated trade agreements to benefit America and he is trying to stop the flow of drugs at the Mexican border. He has seen America been ripped off by everyone and the decline of the country. The MSM are against him but people in America see what he is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I love when Trump fanboys come out with statements lile this

Spectacularly lacking in self awareness

I find it interesting that you say this and then parrot talking points for the alt right media. How do you decide who to trust?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

People here are criticising people for taking an interest in Trump. What I'd like to know is how people, living in Ireland get so emotional about the American Democratic part. They also routinely call it "the left". What's left and right varies hugely from country to country. The UK, Ireland and the US have different interpretations of both sides of the political spectrum.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

People here are criticising people for taking an interest in Trump. What I'd like to know is how people, living in Ireland get so emotional about the American Democratic part. They also routinely call it "the left". What's left and right varies hugely from country to country. The UK, Ireland and the US have different interpretations of both sides of the political spectrum.

Absolutely - There is no "Left" in the US as far as the rest of the world understands the term.

There is Centre Right/Right in the form of the Democrat party and then is Right/Very Far Right in the form of the GOP.

Brian? wrote: »
    I find it interesting that you say this and then parrot talking points for the alt right media. How do you decide who to trust?

Getting the truth in today's world is difficult when so many media outlets have agendas. I look at various sources, some outside of the mainstream and form my own opinion. I don't automatically accept everything the MSM says as being true as most often it's the opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Getting the truth in today's world is difficult

It's never been easier fact check stories.

Stay off the conspiracy sites and assume the complete opposite is true of what ever Doctor Donald says.

:)

• Advertisement

Maybe it's because of woke left originated in the US. Not only that but it has slowly been spreading to the UK, Canada, Australia and now also our shores.

When the tea party in the US started no-one was interested, it didn't spread.

But the US woke left has infiltrated media, governments, ngo's, universities... etc.. etc.. all over the western world.

Boggles wrote: »
    It's never been easier fact check stories.

Stay off the conspiracy sites and assume the complete opposite is true of what ever Doctor Donald says.

:)

Not when so called fact checks are outright lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

2u2me wrote: »
    When the tea party in the US started no-one was interested, it didn't spread.

The irony of this coming from a trunl supporter would be even more glorious if it weren't entirely expected.

In case it's not obvious enough, you are what the astroturfed and billionaire funded tea party spread into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭greenfield21

kyote00 wrote: »
    He has zero grasp of international trade.

His china tariffs are paid by the importing country and hurts small and large business owners by driving their costs up .... but Trump doesn't give a **** about that ....

He has routinely mentioned using the low interest rate time to build infrastructure ..... would be a good idea if he had not added to the cost of steel

Grade A moron who will be booted out in Nov as Wall St and the big industrials are 100% in favour of globalisation

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-tariffs-explainer/who-pays-trumps-tariffs-china-or-u-s-customers-and-companies-idUSKCN1SR1UI

100% in favour? Let's see in a few years when china takes even more capital goods manufacturing and US manufacturing continues its decline. Cat is referenced that article only last year it's CEO was saying that their main threat was from Chinese competition. Large state funded companies who sole aim is to crush the competition by whatever means to gain market share and it's pretty evident they are achieving this with their double digit yearly export growth. Will their be any big industrials left in 10 years. No doubt wall Street loves the short term gain of increased sales in a new market but at what cost long term. Siemens rail is a good example of this.

https://www.ft.com/content/cdc53aee-bc2e-11e8-94b2-17176fbf93f5

Not when so called fact checks are outright lies.

Nonsense, that literally seems to be all your postings. So what do you think the conspiracy is with corona anyway?

Nonsense, that literally seems to be all your postings. So what do you think the conspiracy is with corona anyway?

There's an effort by the world health organisation to blame the virus on a bat or pangolin and to cover up the source in China. Mainstream media are happy to go along with that story. If someone mentions the virus has HIV and malaria genesomes that is not possible in the natural environment, conspiracy is screamed and bans handed out. Only the mass produced MSM can be right, which is very dangerous in a world controlled by the MSM.

There's an effort by the world health organisation to blame the virus on a bat or pangolin and to cover up the source in China. Mainstream media are happy to go along with that story. If someone mentions the virus has HIV and malaria genesomes that is not possible in the natural environment, conspiracy is screamed and bans handed out. Only the mass produced MSM can be right, which is very dangerous in a world controlled by the MSM.

The HIV and malaria genome thing is a complete nonsense. It's been addressed already. You keep repeating it as if it's fact, when it's nothing but a conspiracy theory you're choosing to believe. How did you decide it's the truth versus what is commonly being reported?

https://www.europeanscientist.com/en/big-data/no-sars-cov-2-does-not-contain-hiv-genetic-code/

they/them/theirs

The irony of this coming from a trunl supporter would be even more glorious if it weren't entirely expected.

In case it's not obvious enough, you are what the astroturfed and billionaire funded tea party spread into.

It seems I've struck a nerve. Where exactly do you pull your baseless accusations out of? Anyone who disagrees with you is a trunl supporter?

You know I see Trump haters painting his supporters are idiotic all the time. Quite often hilariously ironic.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh dear, am going to guess that is the end of the press conferences again after Trump's histrionics and tantrum tonight.

Not to mention his treatment of the reports and how he dealt with a question that warranted asking and deserved an appropriate and civil answer. But oh no, that was not within Trump's capabilities today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

2u2me wrote: »
    It seems I've struck a nerve. Where exactly do you pull your baseless accusations out of? Anyone who disagrees with you is a trunl supporter?

You know I see Trump haters painting his supporters are idiotic all the time. Quite often hilariously ironic.
    The reason I am calling you a trum lsupoorter is because your posts show you go be one, it's pretty simple.

No nerves struck here, just pointing out that the far right identity politics you subscribe to spread out from the Tea Party movement in the US, and it's amusing that you as a subscriber to that are unable to see it. Amusing, but not in the least bit surprising.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement