Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Its Trumps new go to answer/rant on Twitter,

"OBAMAGATE!!!!!!!"

Full caps so you know he is serious.

He was asked about it yesterday and he couldn’t answer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

notobtuse wrote: »
    Wolf's overreaching executive orders have already numerous lawsuits. Unfortunately by the time the lawsuits make their way through the courts, and it is determined much of what he did was illegal, the pandemic will be behind us and he’ll probably be out of office. Luckily for us the majority of law enforcement here, other than the liberal and leftist bastions Philadelphia & Pittsburgh have become, are ignoring for the most part Governor Wolf’s orders and almost nobody (outside of Philly and Pitt) are being cited or fined by the cops.

Several counties here are defying his orders and are opening up for business today. And today the governor came out and said counties who allow nonessential businesses to reopen would lose access to federal stimulus funding. Don’t you find it ironic? I thought threatening to withhold federal funding for failure to follow executive orders was a bad thing. Isn’t it even “racist” to do so, especially when it comes to federal grants for sanctuary cities? Hmmmm!!! Democrats... they're a pox upon our country!

So he's not acting anything like a king.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Wolf's overreaching executive orders have already numerous lawsuits. Unfortunately by the time the lawsuits make their way through the courts, and it is determined much of what he did was illegal, the pandemic will be behind us and he’ll probably be out of office.

You wouldn't want someone making controversial executive orders that cause lawsuits to pile up. They might decide they can't prosecute a standing governor. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

He was asked about it yesterday and he couldn’t answer.
    Wong again. He DIDN'T answer because as was noted "Trump did not name a specific crime against Obama because the scope of the malfeasance is so vast that any one named crime seems insufficient to capture the horrifying nature of the story."

It's gonna get really bad for democrats in the coming months.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2020/05/12/the-real-reason-trump-didnt-name-obamas-specific-crime-in-obamagate-n390059

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

This will clear up any queries around Obamagate:
    Q What crime exactly are you accusing President Obama of committing? And do you believe the Justice Department should prosecute him?

THE PRESIDENT: “Obamagate.” It’s been going on for a long time. It’s been going on from before I even got elected. And it’s a disgrace that it happened. And if you look at what’s gone on, and if you look at, now, all of this information that’s being released — and from what I understand, that’s only the beginning — some terrible things happened, and it should never be allowed to happen in our country again.

And you’ll be seeing what’s going on over the next — over the coming weeks. But I — and I wish you’d write honestly about it, but unfortunately, you choose not to do so.

Q What is the crime exactly that you’re accusing him of?

THE PRESIDENT: You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious to everybody. All you have to do is read the newspapers, except yours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Wong again. He DIDN'T answer because as was noted "Trump did not name a specific crime against Obama because the scope of the malfeasance is so vast that any one named crime seems insufficient to capture the horrifying nature of the story."

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/tyler-o-neil/2020/05/12/the-real-reason-trump-didnt-name-obamas-specific-crime-in-obamagate-n390059

Seriously.. that's the excuse??.. "It's so huge even providing a single shred of evidence wouldn't do it justice"

That's up there with "No Seriously I do have a Girlfriend , she's a Supermodel , but she is always overseas working so you can't meet her , and all her photos are copywritten so I can't show you a photo.."

Utterly pathetic.

Again what’s Obamagate?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Obamagate is Obamagate and Obamagate is bigly gunna hurt crooked Biden and Obama. Everyone knows Obamagate if you know. If you disagree its Jina fake news.

MAGA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Wolf's overreaching executive orders have already numerous lawsuits. Unfortunately by the time the lawsuits make their way through the courts, and it is determined much of what he did was illegal, the pandemic will be behind us and he’ll probably be out of office. Luckily for us the majority of law enforcement here, other than the liberal and leftist bastions Philadelphia & Pittsburgh have become, are ignoring for the most part Governor Wolf’s orders and almost nobody (outside of Philly and Pitt) are being cited or fined by the cops.

Several counties here are defying his orders and are opening up for business today. And today the governor came out and said counties who allow nonessential businesses to reopen would lose access to federal stimulus funding. Don’t you find it ironic? I thought threatening to withhold federal funding for failure to follow executive orders was a bad thing. Isn’t it even “racist” to do so, especially when it comes to federal grants for sanctuary cities? Hmmmm!!! Democrats... they're a pox upon our country!

In the middle of an pandemic, why are you happy to see laws being flouted and even worse,not being enforced by law enforcement who appear to have a conscientious objection to it based on their political tribe?
    What kind of country do you want at all ?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Seriously.. that's the excuse??.. "It's so huge even providing a single shred of evidence wouldn't do it justice"

That's up there with "No Seriously I do have a Girlfriend , she's a Supermodel , but she is always overseas working so you can't meet her , and all her photos are copywritten so I can't show you a photo.."

Utterly pathetic.
    What's come out already is pretty bad for Obama and his administration and if what I'm hearing is correct, it's just the tip of the iceberg.

So, yeah... a pretty accurate statement for the day.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Obamagate is Obamagate and Obamagate is bigly gunna hurt crooked Biden and Obama. Everyone knows Obamagate if you know. If you disagree its Jina fake news.

MAGA

This is a big amazing scandal, bigger and better than Watergate, the best scandal, believe me.

So what is it?

*Silence*

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

This is a big amazing scandal, bigger and better than Watergate, the best scandal, believe me.

So what is it?

*Silence*
    Never silence Cody.

Gotta throw in a "fake news" or "obamagate" maybe blame hilary again? #Hilarygate?

housetypeb wrote: »
    In the middle of an pandemic, why are you happy to see laws being flouted and even worse,not being enforced by law enforcement who appear to have a conscientious objection to it based on their political tribe?
    What kind of country do you want at all ?
    Law enforcement doesn't have a conscientious objection to it based on politics. They object to the governor's edicts based on common sense.

Never silence Cody.

Gotta throw in a "fake news" or "obamagate" maybe blame hilary again? #Hilarygate?
    You did see where recent documents show the fake dossier on Trump which served as the basis for an illegal FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign was paid for 50% by Hillary and 50% by the DNC?

Never silence Cody.

I sense a vagueness on Obamagate, they’ll have a few months to perfect the lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

So Donnie comes up with a new buzzword and lo and behold it gets repeated on here the very next day

3AMx.gif

Law enforcement doesn't have a conscientious objection to it based on politics. They object to the governor's edicts based on common sense.

Fantastic rule of law you have in that country.
    Looking forward to the tv law series based on those ideals.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    So Donnie comes up with a new buzzword and lo and behold it gets repeated on here the very next day

3AMx.gif
    Well.... it is HUUUUUGE. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Trumps desperation when he talks about obamagate stinks as much as his Depends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I mean what i said. They have carried out the most tests.

In which case they have the most deaths by about double, and the most cases with over 5x the amount of the second msot nation.

But Moen of these are good indicators, and using them if every single person in the Faroes to catch covid and if every single person were to die from it, they would still be doing a better job of it than a good few nations, the US included, who have had more deaths than the Faroes have people.

That is why bulk numbers are meaningless and per capita are far better indicators. And as we know, the US in this regard is lagging behind comparable nations like Russia, Canada and Australia on testing despite having more cases and more deaths than any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You did see where recent documents show the fake dossier on Trump which served as the basis for an illegal FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign was paid for 50% by Hillary and 50% by the DNC?

How is that news? , everyone has known that the Steele Dossier (we can agree to disagree on whether it is "fake") was paid for by the Clinton campaign and the DNC.

Its provenance has been clearly stated right from the start.

Initially begun as GOP Oppo research during their primaries and then the Clinton Campaign took it forward along with the DNC - That isn't some new startling revelation or damaging to anyone in anyway.

What's come out already is pretty bad for Obama and his administration and if what I'm hearing is correct, it's just the tip of the iceberg.

So, yeah... a pretty accurate statement for the day.

What's come out already? The FBI got a FISA warrant under questionable circumstances. That's it.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »
    What's come out already? The FBI got a FISA warrant under questionable circumstances. That's it.
    That’s a laugh. The FBI used a fake dossier they know was bogus and unverifiable, and then leaked the information to Yahoo who reported on it and then the FBI told the judge that Yahoo was their independent verification to obtain a warrant. The warrant was illegally obtained, plain and simple.

It is already apparent Obama knew of the illegal spying on the Trump campaign, and while president deliberately oversaw efforts to delegitimize a presidential election... and that comes with a $hitload of consequences for the holy one.

That’s a laugh. The FBI used a fake dossier they know was bogus and unverifiable, and then leaked the information to Yahoo who reported on it and then the FBI told the judge that Yahoo was their independent verification to obtain a warrant. The warrant was illegally obtained, plain and simple.

It is already apparent Obama knew of the illegal spying on the Trump campaign, and while president deliberately oversaw efforts to delegitimize a presidential election... and that comes with a $hitload of consequences for the holy one.

Maybe they were using common sense rather than the law.
    Surely you're in favor of selective law enforcement based on your earlier comments?
    Try and keep it consistent across the board- don't forgive one and condemm the other for the same crime.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    How is that news? , everyone has known that the Steele Dossier (we can agree to disagree on whether it is "fake") was paid for by the Clinton campaign and the DNC.

Its provenance has been clearly stated right from the start.

Initially begun as GOP Oppo research during their primaries and then the Clinton Campaign took it forward along with the DNC - That isn't some new startling revelation or damaging to anyone in anyway.

Why are you deliberately misleading everyone on the bogus claim that the GOP started this? It was not the GOP but a single conservative website that first funded the research on all GOP candidates and then dropped all research efforts once a candidate was picked?

Yes we knew Hillary paid for the dossier and that the DNC was somehow also involved. But know we know just how much the DNC utilized underhanded measures, and then allowed the Obama administration to illegally get a FISA warrant to spy and attempt to take out the Trump campaign.

housetypeb wrote: »
    Maybe they were using common sense rather than the law.
    Surely you're in favor of selective law enforcement based on your earlier comments?
    Try and keep it consistent across the board- don't forgive one and condemm the other for the same crime.
    Your attempt to compare apples to oranges won't work here.

Sure, your apples are good so my oranges must be bad, got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Former Coach

RTÉ edited the Trump press conference to look like he walked straight out after the journalist said "Why did you say that to me specifically?"

What actually happened was he went to other journalists, they ummed and ahhed for a few about 10 seconds without asking a question, then he left the press conference.

This is fake news.

Not accurate!

He refused to take questions from a CNN reporter before storming out. Please get your facts right.

You've added a load of its and maybe together to create a theory you believe in. Or the media you read has put it together for you. It's all a big nothing though

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I agree.

He moved on from the reporter straight after the "CHY-NA" comment. She was trying to query with him further what he meant by the China comment and why he said it to her - valid I think, considering it was nothing to with the question she asked (re testing) and her being Asian born.

He went to the CNN reporter and said go ahead.

She allowed the previous reporter to continue her follow up her questions with the President.
    So then on that basis he blanked the reporter from CNN and when she drew his attention to the fact that he had called on her he tantrummed and flounced out.

Like a big baby!

Ps. Why does he say "Chy-Na" in such a weird manner???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement