Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

notobtuse wrote: »
    Oh no! Michael Bloomberg has quit the race after a poor showing on Super Tuesday. He’s spent about a half a billion dollars on his campaign and has gotten 44 delegates. That works out to about $12 million per delegate. I guess he finally figured out is wasn’t such a good bargain.

Warren is reassessing her campaign after a Super Tuesday wipe-out. In other words... the fat lady is singing.

And the DNC just changed the rules so Tulsi Gabbard will no longer be allowed to participate in a DNC debate if she doesn’t drop out.

Biden versus Sanders... a gathering of crazies.

He should have gone to the Russians paid them a fraction and most likely would have been elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Biden does not stand a chance against Trump. Sanders least has some balls to take on Trump and bring him down to size.  Democratic party has been clueless since Obama  left office and keep choosing candidates who have no hope of beating Trump. Another four years of Trump great work DNC. 

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Oh no! Michael Bloomberg has quit the race after a poor showing on Super Tuesday. He’s spent about a half a billion dollars on his campaign and has gotten 44 delegates. That works out to about $12 million per delegate. I guess he finally figured out is wasn’t such a good bargain.

Pocket change for an actual billionaire.

Bloomberg bows out of presidential contest but his money will stay

Apparently he is not done spending either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Suprised Cenk is still around to be honest with you, the ego/ self importance on him on him is baffling "We're going to WAAAAAAARR !!" as if anything this youtuber does moves the needle even a tiny bit lol

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Suprised Cenk is still around to be honest with you, the ego/ self importance on him on him is baffling "We're going to WAAAAAAARR !!" as if anything this youtuber does moves the needle even a tiny bit lol

Well, he co-founded the Justice Democrats. As a result, more women and people of colour than ever have been elected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Boggles wrote: »
    Pocket change for an actual billionaire.

Bloomberg bows out of presidential contest but his money will stay

Apparently he is not done spending either.
    Biden’s only hope is Bloomberg’s money? I understand Joe doesn’t have much of a campaign ground game nor does he have much appeal needed for the raising of donations. He seems to merely rely on his name. Does he just hand over his campaign to Bloomberg to run, or does he merely rely on Trump hatred to get him elected?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

He should have gone to the Russians paid them a fraction and most likely would have been elected.
    Proved the Russian interference was all a hoax. According to democrats just a few Russian trolls spending $100,000 on Facebook ads swung the entire 2016 election. Yet Bloomberg spent nearly a billion dollars and hired just about every social media influencer out there and could barely win a delegate.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Biden’s only hope is Bloomberg’s money? I understand Joe doesn’t have much of a campaign ground game nor does he have much appeal needed for the raising of donations. He seems to merely rely on his name. Does he just hand over his campaign to Bloomberg to run, or does he merely rely on Trump hatred to get him elected?

That will probably be enough.

Trump isn't "shocking" anymore, he was that amusing crazy racist uncle for a bit, but now he is just boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I would have thought Biden would have enough goodwill from his time as VP to also be a credible opposition to Trump.

Crazy how much the political landscape over there has changed since he was in office.

Well, he co-founded the Justice Democrats. As a result, more women and people of colour than ever have been elected.

Never knew he was so connected to Omar and Cortez, something new everyday. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Having reviewed this thread I'm all but certain that notobtuse is not a real person, but a bot created from the scripts of thousands upon thousands of hours of Fox News.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Seems like Warren is dropping out. Would have been more impact if she had done so last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Seems like Warren is dropping out. Would have been more impact if she had done so last week.

Maybe after Nevada it would have, if she thrown her support behind Bernie.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if her support splits quite evenly between the two candidates. Those that haven't already switched to supporting Bernie already clearly have some issue with him.

RWCNT wrote: »
    Having reviewed this thread I'm all but certain that notobtuse is not a real person, but a bot created from the scripts of thousands upon thousands of hours of Fox News.
    I probably watch twice as much MSNBC than I do Fox News. Fox News is just preaching to the choir. Gotta keep in touch with what the enemy is up to. MSNBC will be so much fun to watch for the general election debates when Trump takes the democrat candidate out behind the woodshed and their pundits heads simultaneously explode. ;)

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Maybe after Nevada it would have, if she thrown her support behind Bernie.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if her support splits quite evenly between the two candidates. Those that haven't already switched to supporting Bernie already clearly have some issue with him.
    I hear she huddled with Sanders last night. I’m guessing Sanders offered her the VP spot to drop out as she is siphoning off his votes and he’s heading into primaries in the next couple of weeks without a lot of crazy liberals and leftists voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I probably watch twice as much MSNBC than I do Fox News. Fox News is just preaching to the choir. Gotta keep in touch with what the enemy is up to. MSNBC will be so much fun to watch for the general election debates when Trump takes the democrat candidate out behind the woodshed and their pundits heads simultaneously explode. ;)

Same here but can never understand how liberals can condemn Fox News with a straight face anyway given the clear propaganda the likes of MSNBC and CNN churn out. Three years of telling the world Trump was a stooge for the Kremlin with a penchant for Russian hookers performing golden showers and yet we're somehow supposed to see them as the impartial purveyors of truth.

At least Fox can claim to have some hosts who don't always agree with the network's consensus, such as Chris Wallace, Neil Cavuto, Geraldo etc. Lost count how many times I seen clips of the aforementioned being posted on Twitter (and Boards) where they are lambasting Trump. You rarely however see that difference of views with MSNBC and CNN though, as their hosts rarely stray from script, and just why that is was recently exposed:

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/14/cnns-zucker-accused-by-staffer-of-personal-vendett/

So, yeah, not sure Fox news has the monopoly on lack of impartial reporting which some would have us believe they do. They have some strong competition in that regard to say the least. Even the New York Times, once renowned for their ability to be impartial when it came to their reporting of political matters, have destroyed their reputation in recent times and now is little more than an liberal activist rag:
    New York Times chief outlines coverage shift: From Trump-Russia to Trump racism

Dean Baquet, the executive editor of the New York Times, said recently that, after the Mueller report, the paper has to shift the focus of its coverage from the Trump-Russia affair to the president's alleged racism.

"We built our newsroom to cover one story, and we did it truly well," Baquet said. "Now we have to regroup, and shift resources and emphasis to take on a different story."

Baquet made the remarks at an employee town hall Monday. A recording was leaked to Slate, which published a transcript Thursday.

In the beginning of the Trump administration, the Times geared up to cover the Russia affair, Baquet explained. "Chapter 1 of the story of Donald Trump, not only for our newsroom but, frankly, for our readers, was: Did Donald Trump have untoward relationships with the Russians, and was there obstruction of justice? That was a really hard story, by the way, let's not forget that. We set ourselves up to cover that story. I'm going to say it. We won two Pulitzer Prizes covering that story. And I think we covered that story better than anybody else."

But then came the Mueller report, with special counsel Robert Mueller failing to establish that the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with Russia to fix the 2016 election. "The day Bob Mueller walked off that witness stand, two things happened," Baquet continued. "Our readers who want Donald Trump to go away suddenly thought, 'Holy ****, Bob Mueller is not going to do it.' And Donald Trump got a little emboldened politically, I think. Because, you know, for obvious reasons. And I think that the story changed. A lot of the stuff we're talking about started to emerge like six or seven weeks ago. We're a little tiny bit flat-footed. I mean, that's what happens when a story looks a certain way for two years. Right?"

Baquet used the gentlest terms possible — "the story changed" — but the fact is, the conspiracy-coordination allegation the Times had devoted itself to pursuing turned out to be false. Beyond that, Democrats on Capitol Hill struggled to press an obstruction case against the president. The Trump-Russia hole came up dry.

Now, Baquet continued, "I think that we've got to change." The Times must "write more deeply about the country, race, and other divisions."

"I mean, the vision for coverage for the next two years is what I talked about earlier: How do we cover a guy who makes these kinds of remarks?" Baquet said. "How do we cover the world's reaction to him? How do we do that while continuing to cover his policies? How do we cover America, that's become so divided by Donald Trump?"

Last year, after the El Paso shooting when Trump condemned such attacks (and those behind them) the Times (in a rare moment of honesty) reported his response with the headline 'Trump Urges Unity vs Racism' but then incedulously changed the headline when liberals objected to it on social media:

nyt2.jpg

It's got to the stage where the tail is well and truly wagging the dog.

As for MSNBC, they are shockingly biased, their hosts openly lying. Again going back to the El Paso shooting one of them said Trump had spoken about "exterminating latinos". Well, thankfully that hateful propaganda hasn't had the desired effect and Latino support is well and truly up for Trump in 2020.

People need to realise how toxic all media has become...I remember thinking to myself during the 2016 that I had never seen such one sided media coverage of a Presidential Campaign in my life...and I still got sucked into having nothing but disdain for Trump...media, once again, has made a complete moron out of me.

I say never again but I know myself how stupid I can be.

People need to realise how toxic all media has become...I remember thinking to myself during the 2016 that I had never seen such one sided media coverage of a Presidential Campaign in my life...and I still got sucked into having nothing but disdain for Trump...media, once again, has made a complete moron out of me.

I say never again but I know myself how stupid I can be.
    If you get your political coverage from television in the US watch CNN/MSNBC/ABC/CBS/NBS et al, one day then watch Fox News another day and keep switching it up. You’ll get both sides of the opinion (as that is all TV news has become for the most part -- driven by ratings) and keep switching it up. If you get your political news from online sources check out realclearpolitics.com. They often link to news sources from both the left and right on a subject (usually right after one another). Knowledge is power. Just listening to one side only reinforces what you already believe. Best to see what is being said on the other side as well. That's what I do.

Also check out James Woods (the actor) twitter page. The guy is an authentic genius and he mostly posts about politics. Although his politics lean right his postings are entertaining and often pure gold.

People white knighting Fox News, fúcking hell, we have reached peak stupid.

:rolleyes:

People white knighting Fox News, fúcking hell, we have reached peak stupid.

:rolleyes:

Are you going to be the last person in the room to cop on that all media is toxic....or are you that stupid that you think Fox and or the Russians got Trump elected.

• Advertisement

Are you going to be the last person in the room to cop on that all media is toxic....or are you that stupid that you think Fox and or the Russians got Trump elected.
    LOL.

I vote the latter.

No not all media is toxic, that is the thinking of low IQ individuals who believe things like the earth is flat.

As for Fox and the Russians getting Trump elected they certainly helped.

No not all media is toxic, that is the thinking of low IQ individuals who believe things like the earth is flat.

As for Fox and the Russians getting Trump elected they certainly helped.

So exactly what media is toxic and what media ain't...let me guess, the media you consume isn't toxic, you know.the media people with "high IQs" like yourself obviously consume which convinces you that Trump is a Russian agent and the media idiots watch is toxic right?

Russia, through the use of bots got Donald Trump elected....have you ever bought magic beans by any chance?

I can't believe the amount of garbage people, who believe themselves to be smart, are capable of swallowing.

So exactly what media is toxic and what media ain't...let me guess, the media you consume isn't toxic, you know.the media people with "high IQs" like yourself obviously consume which convinces you that Trump is a Russian agent and the media idiots watch is toxic right?

Russia, through the use of bots got Donald Trump elected....have you ever bought magic beans by any chance?

I can't believe the amount of garbage people, who believe themselves to be smart, are capable of swallowing.

1 simple question before I entertain such fervent gusto.

Who hacked the DNC Server?

1 simple question before I entertain such fervent gusto.

Who hacked the DNC Server?

Who cares....do you believe that is the reason Hillary Clinton didn't get elected despite the massive spend she unleashed across the US (she had one the largest warchest any candidate has ever managed to raise), despite her support from every mainstream media outlet (apart from FOX), despite endorsements from the entire celebrity cabal across US culture, which is all practically unprecedented, despite the fact that she was running against a complete political novice...it was what was on her servers that got undid her....

It had nothing to do with the Opiod crisis, The College Debt crisis, The cost of meaningless regional warfare, the corruption of the entire Washington Political class, the complete breakdown of trust in media and politics of ordinary Americans who's life expectancy was dropping, who's standards of living were dropping, who were dealing with stagnant wages due to an influx of cheap labour and the outsourcing of millions of jobs which gutted massive regions of the US....the continuing decline of the family, the complete erosion of standards in the Education system, the list is endless....

You think it was the Russians who hacked the DNC server that got Trump elected.

And you believe yourself to have a high IQ or at least you have alluded to it.

Who cares....do you believe that is the reason Hillary Clinton didn't get elected despite the massive spend she unleashed across the US (she had one the largest warchest any candidate has ever managed to raise), despite her support from every mainstream media outlet (apart from FOX), despite endorsements from the entire celebrity cabal across US culture, which is all practically unprecedented, despite the fact that she was running against a complete political novice...it was what was on her servers that got undid her....

It had nothing to do with the Opiod crisis, The College Debt crisis, The cost of meaningless regional warfare, the corruption of the entire Washington Political class, the complete breakdown of trust in media and politics of ordinary Americans who's life expectancy was dropping, who's standards of living were dropping, who were dealing with stagnant wages due to an influx of cheap labour and the outsourcing of millions of jobs which gutted massive regions of the US....the continuing decline of the family, the complete erosion of standards in the Education system, the list is endless....

Jaysus that Fox News level of ranting and raving has hurt my eyes.

So you believe the Russians did hack the DNC server?

Cool, that's all I asked.

So you think the Russians did hack the DNC server?

I don't watch FOX news....I have told you...all media is toxic including Fox.

I have watched a couple of documentaries, produced by ordinary Democrats by the way, that completely explain why ordinary Americans have turned their back on the political class....I simply made an effort to understand why Americans elected a Reality TV star to the highest office in the world instead of thinking them as stupid...it didn't take much effort I suggest you drop the intellectual snobbery as you are embarrassing yourself....you are no where near as smart as you think you are.

So you believe the Russians did hack the DNC server?

Are you gonna answer the questions now ?

I don't watch FOX news....I have told you...all media is toxic including Fox.

I watch Fox.

Again no, not all media is toxic.
    it didn't take much effort I suggest you drop the intellectual snobbery as you are embarrassing yourself....you are no where near as smart as you think you are.

Whoosh.

I was paraphrasing Trump, but anyway, you watched some documentaries good for you.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Are you gonna answer the questions now ?

Sorry, what questions did you ask me lad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The difference of Trump winning or losing in 2016 was about 100k votes spread across 3 states. The sever hacking and associated wall to wall wikileaks media coverage, alongside their targeted voter suppression tactics, could easily have shifted the opinion of that number of voters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement