Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Sean.3516

osarusan wrote: »
    So you agree that at this stage, he is deliberately making that incorrect claim to mislead the public (to his advantage)?
    See, you’re doing that thing again.

That thing everyone does where they try to read this guys mind.

We’ve been over this before. There is a major difference between riffing like a salesman. Exaggerating and speaking in superlative language as Trump does and intentionally lying with the intention to mislead.

We’ve been watching this guy do this for 6 years.Ever since he descended the golden escalator yet people are always surprised and shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Leaving all bias aside he is, literally, the dumbest least impressive inarticulate and nasty POTUS in history.

No getting away from that.

And the MAGA guys know it too but because the vast majority of them are losers and failures in their own lives they are delighted to have the rest of us inflicted with this ridiculous human being.
    Who are you, who are so wise in the ways of science?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Leaving all bias aside he is, literally, the dumbest least impressive inarticulate and nasty POTUS in history.

No getting away from that.

And the MAGA guys know it too but because the vast majority of them are losers and failures in their own lives they are delighted to have the rest of us inflicted with this ridiculous human being.

The mark is the last to recognise the con

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Sean.3516 wrote: »
    Because he’s being wronged.

I find it hilarious and also a bit sad that you feel Trump is the victim in all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The majority of people are either Trump sycophants who think he’s the second coming of Jesus or Trump haters who think he’s Hitler (or Milo Yiannopolous).

Then there’s the minority of people (rational humans) like me who when Trump does something stupid or wrong, I’m happy to acknowledge the thing is stupid or wrong. If he does something correct as he sometimes does, I’m happy to say the thing is correct.

If he’s falsely accused of racial prejudice toward a reporter, I’m going to criticise that.

No matter what we think of his politics, could we at least make an effort to judge him objectively as opposed to just confirming our own biases all the time.

You don't judge him rationally or critisize him. You come into thnese threads and constantly make excuses for him. He wouldn't give you the steam off his piss. Have a bit more respect for yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

As I’ve said multiple times. Trump believes China is responsible and he was dismissing the question by essentially saying “rather than criticise me for turning the virus into a competition, criticise China for letting it out.” That’s what he meant by “ask China”. Not an unreasonable thing to put to a reporter when the media has been giving China a free ride for the past two months. He often brings up China in response to questions that don’t mention China asked by reporters that aren’t Chinese. This woman’s race had nothing to do with it.

"Why are you giving out to me, what the other boy did was far worse" That is the quality of response we can expect from the American president? As I said more like a stroppy teenager than a world leader.
    It doesn't matter how many times you try to justify it, "Ask China" as a response to a question about how America is handling the response is idiotic.
    I can just about give him the benefit of the doubt there wasn't a racial undertone given the reporter's ethnicity, but that is not the issue. The idiotic, childish response is

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

notobtuse wrote: »
    Over here we simply call that... Wednesday.

I'm completely losing track of what day it is.

kowloon wrote: »
    I'm completely losing track of what day it is.
    It’s day 1,382 of the biggest political scandal in US history. An unprecedented abuse of power by the Obama administration, with the full knowledge and support of both president Obama and vice president Biden, that targeted incoming Trump officials in a failed attempt to cripple the new administration with allegations it had colluded with Moscow and nullify the results of the 2016 presidential election, that ultimately amounted to a failed coup of a duly elected President of the United States. That's what day it is!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It’s day 1,382 of the biggest political scandal in US history. An unprecedented abuse of power by the Obama administration, with the full knowledge and support of both president Obama and vice president Biden, that targeted incoming Trump officials in a failed attempt to cripple the new administration with allegations it had colluded with Moscow and nullify the results of the 2016 presidential election, that ultimately amounted to a failed coup of a duly elected President of the United States. That's what day it is!

Man, that's next level hyperbole!

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The projection is strong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

What a pile of cow dung. I can smell it from here

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

EByaBU_UwAAKTtf.jpg

joe40 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how many times you try to justify it, "Ask China" as a response to a question about how America is handling the response is idiotic.
    The question wasn’t even about America’s response. The question was “why are you comparing the US’s response to that of other countries in a competitive way?”

Trump’s response aside, it’s a ridiculous question. It wasn’t designed to illicit relevant information but to portray Trump as a mean mad orange man. These “gotcha” questions don’t help anyone but the reporters asking them who get to grandstand for a few minutes.

If you’re Trump and you’ve been criticised for weeks on end by the media about not providing enough tests and now you have vastly increased testing capacity and when you tout the success that same media throws it back in your face with “why are you treating testing like it’s a competition?” I’d say you have the right be annoyed and you have the right to dismiss the question as the nonsense it is.

The question wasn’t even about America’s response. The question was “why are you comparing the US’s response to that of other countries in a competitive way?”

Trump’s response aside, it’s a ridiculous question. It wasn’t designed to illicit relevant information but to portray Trump as a mean mad orange man. These “gotcha” questions don’t help anyone but the reporters asking them who get to grandstand for a few minutes.

If you’re Trump and you’ve been criticised for weeks on end by the media about not providing enough tests and now you are providing more tests per capita than other country and when you tout the success that same media throws it back in your face with “why are you treating testing like it’s a competition?” I’d say you have the right be annoyed and you have the right to dismiss the question as the nonsense it is.

Are they? are they not providing more tests in total than any other single country? that is a very different thing.

MadYaker wrote: »
    You don't judge him rationally or critisize him. You come into thnese threads and constantly make excuses for him.
    You’ll find I’ve criticised Trump for things I think he’s done wrong on this very thread.

Examples:
    - His prolific and dangerous use of the term “fake news”.
    - His initially insufficient and wasteful response to covid-19.
    - The fact that he generally speaks a lot of crap.

amdublin wrote: »

Sometimes the truth stinks. There definitely was something completely rotten in all this, and ain't out of the state of Denmark.

Are they? are they not providing more tests in total than any other single country? that is a very different thing.

You’re right actually. I meant to say “total testing if not per capita”. I’ll correct the post.

amdublin wrote: »

stinks as bad as Trumps Depends

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Sometimes the truth stinks. There definitely was something completely rotten in all this, and ain't out of the state of Denmark.

Are you telling me that they deliberately unmasked Flynn because of his ties to Trump in an effort to sink his campaign?

Are you telling me that they deliberately unmasked Flynn because of his ties to Trump in an effort to sink his campaign?
    Flynn was one of the pawns Obama officials used to undermine the incoming Trump administration during the transition. Obama’s cronies kept the Flynn investigation open as a way for Obama holdovers including Comey, Yates, and McCabe to continue the Russia-Trump collusion probe ongoing after Trump took office in an attempt to destroy his presidency from the get-go, and to keep Flynn (who was Trump’s national security advisor) out of the loop because he might have blown their entire coup attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

From The Federalist.
    I can link the page if you like.
    John Daniel Davidson is the author.

"It’s The Biggest Political Scandal Of Our Time"

"Obama administration—with the full knowledge and support of both Obama and Biden—targeted incoming Trump officials in a failed attempt to cripple the new administration with allegations it had colluded with Moscow".

"to nullify the results of the 2016 presidential election. It was in effect an attempted coup."

Are you copying and pasting others opinions as your own again?
    It was too polished, sorry.

Flynn was one of the pawns Obama officials used to undermine the incoming Trump administration during the transition. Obama’s cronies kept the Flynn investigation open as a way for Obama holdovers including Comey, Yates, and McCabe to continue the Russia-Trump collusion probe ongoing after Trump took office in an attempt to destroy his presidency from the get-go, and to keep Flynn (who was Trump’s national security advisor) out of the loop because he might have blown their entire coup attempt.

You're also copied parts of this.

"The point was to keep the Flynn investigation open as a way for Obama holdovers like Comey, Yates, and former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe to continue the Russia-Trump collusion probe even after Trump took office—and keep Flynn, Trump’s national security advisor, out of the loop."

But was unmasking him a means to that end or what? I'm trying to see where unmasking fits into all this.

But was unmasking him a means to that end or what? I'm trying to see where unmasking fits into all this.
    They needed Flynn out of the way or he could have blown Obama’s holdovers operations in the position he held. They invented the story that he misled VP Pence about his conversations with the Russian senior diplomat Kislyak (which was customary in a presidential transition) and then lied about it to the FBI, which got him fired from the Trump team.

They needed Flynn out of the way or he could have blown Obama’s holdovers operations in the position he held. They invented the story that he misled VP Pence about his conversations with the Russian senior diplomat Kislyak (which was customary in a presidential transition) and then lied about it to the FBI, which got him fired from the Trump team.

But where does unmasking fit into this? I've asked some simple questions but all I'm getting is something indistinguishable from the output of some bot that reposts stuff that it scrapes off pro-Trump media and can't actually answer questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

From The Federalist.
    I can link the page if you like.
    John Daniel Davidson is the author.

"It’s The Biggest Political Scandal Of Our Time"

"Obama administration—with the full knowledge and support of both Obama and Biden—targeted incoming Trump officials in a failed attempt to cripple the new administration with allegations it had colluded with Moscow".

"to nullify the results of the 2016 presidential election. It was in effect an attempted coup."

Are you copying and pasting others opinions as your own again?
    It was too polished, sorry.

Its not the 1st time he has done this, plagiarized other peoples work, sneaky edit to make it look like he has written it himself. Shameful behaviour but not unexpected at this stage.

M watching Trump on Fox right now (for my sins)
    " And then the plague came in. The plague came in, from Chie-Nah"

Are there any other world leaders who go on about where the virus originated so much, in place of talking about what they are doing for their citizens?

He then moved on to talking about football.

I'm watching Trump on Fox right now (for my sins)
    " And then the plague came in. The plague came in, from Chie-Nah"

Are there any other world leaders who go on about where the virus originated so much, in place of talking about what they are doing for their citizens?

He then moved on to talking about football.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Advertisement

Its not the 1st time he has done this, plagiarized other peoples work, sneaky edit to make it look like he has written it himself. Shameful behaviour but not unexpected at this stage.

I asked twice yesterday what "Obamagate" was and he couldn't even answer.
    Then he produces this.
    He just copied whole sentences and pasted them all together.

Regarding The Federalist on media bias.
    "Overall, we rate The Federalist a borderline Questionable and far Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion pseudoscience and three failed fact checks."

And I STILL don't know what Obamagate is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement