Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

These polls were giving Hillary a big lead just before 2016. Your right, the only poll that matters is 3rd November 2020.

No they weren't. They were all in the margin of error

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

notobtuse wrote: »
    Correct, it's not as big a deal as Republicans are making it out to be. But it does show that if the GOP can turn around a trend in CA (the most liberal state in the nation) they can do it elsewhere.

The trend in that district was never liberal though. It was an anomaly that they elected a Dem in 2018.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Correct, it's not as big a deal as Republicans are making it out to be. But it does show that if the GOP can turn around a trend in CA (the most liberal state in the nation) they can do it elsewhere.

Any chance you can link to the media source you copied this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Do you think we can stop with the "sleepy Joe" sh1te?

For the most part I call Trump, Trump.

If we are to persist with derogatory names for candidates I'm going to start with President big baby man-child and go from there.

No seriously, all of us, I wonder can we stop with the nicknames?

Trump is Trump
    Biden is Biden

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

The alternative is to just refer to Trump as Druggie Donnie, though speaking from experience that may not go over so well with the mods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The alternative is to just refer to Trump as Druggie Donnie, though speaking from experience that may not go over so well with the mods.

I'm leaning towards President Depends

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

amdublin wrote: »
    Do you think we can stop with the "sleepy Joe" sh1te?

For the most part I call Trump, Trump.

If we are to persist with derogatory names for candidates I'm going to start with President big baby man-child and go from there.

No seriously, all of us, I wonder can we stop with the nicknames?

Trump is Trump
    Biden is Biden
    Dream on. You are the minority here. The derogatory name-calling on boards.ie of President Trump has been vicious since he announced his candidacy in 2015, and won't stop until January of 2025 when he leaves office. You won't condone double standard, will you?.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Where have I been? I just heard this morning President Trump is flying into our little airport today to visit a local firm involved in fighting the coronavirus, and he’ll make a pitch for reopening the country. Damn, if I would have know this sooner I’d have taken part of the day off to visit and cheer him on. As it now goes it just looks like I’ll have to take an alternate road home, from the one that is next to the only runway, because traffic will probably be terrible.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Dream on. You are the minority here. The derogatory name-calling on boards.ie of President Trump has been vicious since he announced his candidacy in 2015, and won't stop until January of 2025 when he leaves office. You won't condone double standard, will you?.

I think people don't need to resort to vicious name-calling in response to someone else. A two wrongs don't make a right kind of thing? If that is a thing ha!

(all words and thoughts are my own) :)

Where have I been? I just heard this morning President Trump is flying into our little airport today to visit a local firm involved in fighting the coronavirus, and he’ll make a pitch for reopening the country. Damn, if I would have know this sooner I’d have taken part of the day off to visit and cheer him on. As it now goes it just looks like I’ll have to take an alternate road home, from the one that is next to the only runway, because traffic will probably be terrible.

Sounds interesting, where is it? Is there any site to follow the plan, and plans in general as I often hear about things last minute too. Or a good twitter account. Maybe it's a security thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Poor Doctor Donald.

He would never stoop to that level.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/712850174838771712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E712850174838771712&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftime.com%2F4270412%2Ftrump-cruz-twitter-wives%2F

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Sounds interesting, where is it? Is there any site to follow the plan, and plans in general as I often hear about things last minute too. Or a good twitter account. Maybe it's a security thing!
    Lehigh Valley Airport, Allentown, Pennsylvania. Don't think there is anything to follow. I read about it in the local paper this morning, and the local news channel might be reporting on it throughout the day.

https://www.mcall.com/coronavirus/mc-nws-coronavirus-donald-trump-lehigh-valley-pennsylvania-visit-20200513-c3g7zncvkvbf3pex7f5ioyqykm-story.html

https://www.wfmz.com/

Lehigh Valley Airport, Allentown, Pennsylvania. Don't think there is anything to follow. I read about it in the local paper this morning, and the local news channel might be reporting on it throughout the day.

https://www.mcall.com/coronavirus/mc-nws-coronavirus-donald-trump-lehigh-valley-pennsylvania-visit-20200513-c3g7zncvkvbf3pex7f5ioyqykm-story.html

https://www.wfmz.com/

Ah cheers.

I also found this, looks accurate: https://factba.se/topic/calendar

Boggles wrote: »
    I think the poster was referring to us here.

No name calling of Joe Biden, but this is damn funny.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I asked twice yesterday what "Obamagate" was and he couldn't even answer.
    Then he produces this.
    He just copied whole sentences and pasted them all together.

Regarding The Federalist on media bias.
    "Overall, we rate The Federalist a borderline Questionable and far Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion pseudoscience and three failed fact checks."

And I STILL don't know what Obamagate is.

This is as good an explanation as I have seen thus far.

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1260650104001753089

I think the poster was referring to us here.

No name calling of Joe Biden, but this is damn funny.

how much name calling of biden have you done and you complain about name calling trump? hypocrite much. President Depends would be proud

how much name calling of biden have you done and you complain about name calling trump? hypocrite much. President Depends would be proud
    I wasn't complaining. Another poster was. Please keep up.

I wasn't complaining. Another poster was. Please keep up.

fair point. President Depends it is then.

fair point. President Depends it is then.
    I rest my case.

I rest my case.

you can hardy complain about namecalling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

You have a daughter who's a politician who you've stumped for, and nobody told you that your leader was coming to your neighborhood?
    You know about his feud with your governor? - But not the follow on consequences.
    Typical of you.

Not that anyone asked you where you were anyway-but it helps in wandering away from the copying and pasting you indulge in.
    Easy to see your pattern when you read the thread.

Democrats in Pennsylvania keep shooting themselves in the foot. My state was one of the three swing states that gave Trump the win in 2016. Since then the DNC has made a massive push here to turn us back to blue in November. But our state officials keep doing things that infuriates independents and republicans. Recently the democratic governor and his top state health official mandated nursing homes MUST take in coronavirus patients. The state was to set up a rapid response system to help the nursing homes cope. The nursing homes were forced to take in sickly coronavirus patients, but the state rapid response system was never implemented. COVID-19 spread through the nursing homes and deaths in nursing homes now represents 70% of our state deaths from the virus. But it just has come out that our state top state health official, Doctor “Rachel” Levine, moved her 95-year-old mother out of a personal care home right before the mandate for nursing homes to take in coronavirus patients was made. The governor has since rescinded the nursing home mandate but the damage, and deaths he and his health official caused can’t be undone. Once thing about Pennsylvanians is, we may be fiercely competitive in politics, but in a time of trouble we stick together and detest those who don’t. What this top health official did... DO AS I SAY, NOT AS I DO... will resonate and be remembered come the November election.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

So firstly, these are my thoughts and words only, I'm not copying and pasting here

You had to turn it around all "poor Trump" didn't you? You couldn't just concede that no one should be using those silly insulting names.

For once, is there any chance you'll just leave your manual at home/stop following your playbook of how to debate and manipulate online. Ever? Just once?

Ps. Watch this space in November. Trump is going down. Jan 2025 is not looking good for him imo

amdublin wrote: »
    So firstly, these are my thoughts and words only, I'm not copying and pasting here

You had to turn it around all "poor Trump" didn't you? You couldn't just concede that no one should be using those silly insulting names.

For once, is there any chance you'll just leave your manual at home/stop following your playbook of how to debate and manipulate online. Ever? Just once?

Ps. Watch this space in November. Trump is going down. Jan 2025 is not looking good for him imo
    I wrote the manual and playbook. ;)

you mean you copy and pasted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Are you not even going to acknowledge that you were caught committing plagiarism again? The first time you at least tried to justify editing someone else's work and passing it off as your own this time you're just ignoring it and pretending it didnt happen.

It's a sad indication of your debating technique when I feel I have to run a few lines of your posts through Google to check if you have stolen it from elsewhere.

I heard on the radio yesterday government officials who ‘unmask’ US citizens for political purposes face 5 years in jail. The unmasking of Flynn was an obvious political tactic on the part of democrats who then illegally leaked the manipulated intel to the media. So who made the unmasking requests of Flynn on the legitimate Flynn/ Kislyak transition conversation, you might ask? Well, let’s see, US Ambassador to the United Nations - Samantha Power, Director of National Intelligence - James Clapper, Treasury Secretary - Jacob Lew, CIA Director - John Brennan, Vice President - Joe Biden, FBI Director - James Comey, Obama Chief of Staff - Denis McDonough and a number of other lessor Obama cronies. My, that’s a whole lot of jail time when combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

I heard on the radio yesterday government officials who ‘unmask’ US citizens for political purposes face 5 years in jail. The unmasking of Flynn was an obvious political tactic on the part of democrats who then illegally leaked the manipulated intel to the media. So who made the unmasking requests of Flynn on the legitimate Flynn/ Kislyak transition conversation, you might ask? Well, let’s see, US Ambassador to the United Nations - Samantha Power, Director of National Intelligence - James Clapper, Treasury Secretary - Jacob Lew, CIA Director - John Brennan, Vice President - Joe Biden, FBI Director - James Comey, Obama Chief of Staff - Denis McDonough and a number of other lessor Obama cronies. My, that’s a whole lot of jail time when combined.

Pattern resumed.

You're no better than a faulty bot that moves onto the next question before the first one is answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭threeball

housetypeb wrote: »
    Pattern resumed.

You're no better than a faulty bot that moves onto the next question before the first one is answered.

Why is anyone responding to this fella. He claims to be in America and working yet spends his entire day on an Irish website trying to somehow convince the Irish that Trump is a deity and regurgitating Trumpism's while plagarising far right sites and copy and pasting them here. Its like a twilight zone where the simpletons are dictating the agenda and everyone jumps to their tune. Trump only got this far because the media gave him oxygen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

You heard on the radio or you copied it from below?

http://nsjonline.com/article/2020/05/obama-admin-officials-asked-intelligence-sources-to-unmask-flynn/
    In a letter from Senators Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Ron Johnson (R-Wisconsin), the list of 39 includes some which remain redacted but includes former Vice President Joe Biden, former CIA director John Brennan, former CIA Director John Brennan, former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew, and former White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement