Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I see that Obamagate means some different to you than it does to Pete. That's the beauty of it. It can mean whatever you want it to mean.

Just on this unmasking, I could waste my time explaining how you don't know what you're talking about but it takes less effort for you to regurgitate nonsense on here than it does for me to correct all of it and even then, you would just ignore the corrections and repeat your/pjmedia's nonsense.
    Please do explain it. I'll go grab the popcorn.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Barack Obama's twitter feed is a joy to read compared to the rubbish the current President of USA spews on a daily basis.

Classy post from Barack yesterday:
    Vote.

amdublin wrote: »
    Barack Obama's twitter feed is a joy to read compared to the rubbish the current President of USA spews on a daily basis.

Classy post from Barack yesterday:
    Vote.
    A good defense is a strong offense. Obama's no fool, he'll try and get public opinion on his side before it comes out he was probably the slimiest president in our history.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Let me guess. Seth Rich was involved?
    Unknown, but it seems the Russians probably weren't involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

notobtuse wrote: »

Of course you'll grab the popcorn.
    Even if he broke it down line for line for you-you would just ignore it anyway.

Your pattern has been established,they'll do the work and then you'll put another post of innuendo and digs,sprinkled with a minimum of facts, to start it all over again.
    Rinse,wash and repeat.

You actually discourage any nuanced thinking from your own thread with your oddly idiotic clickbait style of posts.

But that's what you want.

• Advertisement

housetypeb wrote: »

Your pattern has been established,they'll do the work and then you'll put another post of innuendo and digs,sprinkled with a minimum of facts, to start it all over again.
    Rinse,wash and repeat.

You actually discourage any nuanced thinking from your own thread with your oddly idiotic clickbait style of posts.

No, I want the truth. I remember when I made the claim in the Politics section that the Trump campaign was spied upon (terrible me... I had the audacity to read more than just the nonsense biased reporting from The NY Times, the Washington Post, CNN and MSNBC) and was trashed then like you and your ilk are doing today. I was even permanently banned in Politics for speaking the truth that the biased media eventually had to concede to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Rinse,wash and repeat.

Don't forget the copy/pasting.

Actually that's unfair, copy/edit so difficult to google the source/pasting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

No, I want the truth. I remember when I made the claim in the Politics section that the Trump campaign was spied upon (terrible me... I had the audacity to read more than just the nonsense biased reporting from The NY Times, the Washington Post, CNN and MSNBC) and was trashed then like you and your ilk are doing today. I was even permanently banned in Politics for speaking the truth that the biased media eventually had to concede to.

“The Trump campaign” wasn’t spied on. Certain people within it were as part of a counter intelligence investigation. That’s a very important distinction.

How’s Paul Manafort doing?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    “The Trump campaign” wasn’t spied on. Certain people within it were as part of a counter intelligence investigation. That’s a very important distinction.

How’s Paul Manafort doing?
    Spin it all you want but the Trump campaign WAS spied on by using a fraudulently obtained FISA warrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Spin it all you want but the Trump campaign WAS spied on by using a fraudulently obtained FISA warrant.

How's Roger Stone doing?

• Advertisement

You don't want the whole truth.
    You want to be told that the team you support in the mud fight is cleaner than clean, and that the opposing team are all dirty.

duploelabs wrote: »
    How's Roger Stone doing?
    About to become very rich after he sues the biased democrat-loving and Trump-hating Mueller prosecutors in case.

You don't want the whole truth.
    You want to be told that the team you support in the mud fight is cleaner than clean, and that the opposing team are all dirty.
    Nope, I want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Nope, I want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.[/QUOTE

Sure, the whole thread is littered with your one suspect only search for the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Except when you’re copying and pasting the work of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Obamagate is whatever you want it to be. That's the beauty of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How about we use the old adage of "you first"?

You post random articles from clearly biased right wing sites then whinge when people post from an MMS site.

You clearly copy text from said sites, edit it to make it look like your own words and then paste it here. As before I fully expect you to ignore me bringing this up because you are obviously ashamed that you have been caught out and not for the first time.

You say you want the truth yet you are the one who is untruthful in his posts, you do not post in good faith and when called out on this you ignore and continue to spout your pro Trump/right wing vitriol.

You sir are a fraud.

Unknown, but it seems the Russians probably weren't involved.

I have heard that claim before but it always came from Russian media and consumers of Russian media and of course, Julian Assange.

The Mueller report describes in great detail what happened and that it could be anyone other than the Russians is a bit stupid at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think all politicians are weird, especially people who think they can be leaders of the free world. But the support for Trump is just... cringe. Especially in Ireland. I thought the same about Obama. But Trump, a TV personality who ran on a self serving ego trip, who couldn't give a toss about anyone but himself never mind a few Irish people on Boards.ie, yet some people on here absolutely worship the guy.

From the one way admiration, from using Trump to take a "we vs you" approach, from parroting stuff he makes up on the fly in bed on Twitter and stating it as fact, to arguing for Trump all over the internet and so on. A TV star!

I get that its a need for affiliation thing and you need something to cling on to so you can feel a part of something but still...

Its really really embarrassing. Mortified for you.

I have heard that claim before but it always came from Russian media and consumers of Russian media and of course, Julian Assange.

The Mueller report describes in great detail what happened and that it could be anyone other than the Russians is a bit stupid at this point.
    That's odd because the only thing Mueller and his merry band of democrat-loving prosecutors had to rely on was what CrowdStrike told them as the DNC didn't want the FBI anywhere near their servers. And CrowdStrike said they couldn't be sure that the Russians even hacked the DNC server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

This is going to be a big one. All roads lead to Obama. Spying on the Trump administration by the deep state loyal to Obama and Biden, illegal unmasking of general Flynn, meeting with top FBI officials after they found zero Russian collusion and changing the narrative, plotting to destroy the incoming president. The biggest names in the previous administration have now taken on top lawyers and know what's coming. All their lies about Russian interference are coming back to bite them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Brian? wrote: »

'Two hops' ;)

The Nal wrote: »
    I think all politicians are weird, especially people who think they can be leaders of the free world. But the support for Trump is just... cringe. Especially in Ireland. I thought the same about Obama. But Trump, a TV personality who ran on a self serving ego trip, who couldn't give a toss about anyone but himself never mind a few Irish people on Boards.ie, yet some people on here absolutely worship the guy.

From the one way admiration, from using Trump to take a "we vs you" approach, from parroting stuff he makes up on the fly in bed on Twitter and stating it as fact, to arguing for Trump all over the internet and so on. A TV star!

I get that its a need for affiliation thing and you need something to cling on to so you can feel a part of something but still...

If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong. I'm kinda embarrassed for you that you don't see the big picture. Think about it... What is the most important thing a president does in 4 or 8 years in office, and why does it matter so much who becomes president? Policy and priority is important but not tops in importance. Answer... It’s the president’s picks for Federal Courts and the Supreme Court. Those are the men and women who really do shape the country for decades. That is why it is so important to get the guy who would do the best job in court picks into office... and everything else pretty much becomes secondary.

The Nal wrote: »

That's the bit that I have an issue with. I could totally understand if their point of view was something like:

I don't like paying taxes and I want more conservative judges, even if they're incompetent so I want Trump to win. Sure he's an ignoramus with the temperament of a five year old but I'm not concerned about the negative social consequences of his Presidency on others

I might disagree with such a stance but I can accept it as a position that's at least grounded in reality.

But that's not what I'm getting from Trump supporters. Instead I get backflips and contortions of reality to justify everything that he says or does. I'm not always sure if they are true believers or just doing their Trumpian duty but the amount of deception from them is beyond anything I've seen before in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

This is going to be a big one. All roads lead to Obama. Spying on the Trump administration by the deep state loyal to Obama and Biden, illegal unmasking of general Flynn, meeting with top FBI officials after they found zero Russian collusion and changing the narrative, plotting to destroy the incoming president. The biggest names in the previous administration have now taken on top lawyers and know what's coming. All their lies about Russian interference are coming back to bite them :)

What crime was committed?

There's absolutely no indication that "this is going to be a big one", I imagine the election will focus on the atrocious response to the Coronavirus and coping with the resultant fallout of it.

That's odd because the only thing Mueller and his merry band of democrat-loving prosecutors had to rely on was what CrowdStrike told them as the DNC didn't want the FBI anywhere near their servers. And CrowdStrike said they couldn't be sure that the Russians even hacked the DNC server.

How can you be this misinformed? Seriously? That's absolute horse manure.

Christ. The QAnon nonsense is spreading.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The FISA warrant wasn't fraudulently obtained. The Trump campaign wasn’t spied on. Some members of it were. You’re the one spinning this.

The surveillance led to actual criminal convictions for some pretty serious crimes. You think Manafort should be pardoned now?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

How can you be this misinformed? Seriously? That's absolute horse manure.
    You really should keep up on current events.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com/articles/2020/05/13/hidden_over_2_years_dem_cyber-firms_sworn_testimony_it_had_no_proof_of_russian_hack_of_dnc_123596.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement