Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

notobtuse wrote: »
    About to become very rich after he sues the biased democrat-loving and Trump-hating Mueller prosecutors in case.

Explain who is what now?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Nope, I want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

The truth: Flynn pled guilty to lying to the FBI. Roger Stone is being prosecuted for lying to the FBI. Manafort went to prison.

Here’s a handy list of the convictions that resulted from the Muller investigation:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/time.com/5556331/mueller-investigation-indictments-guilty-pleas/%3famp=true

All of these convictions happened with a Trump appointed FBI director and Attorney General.

The truth: both Muller and Comey were life long republicans.

The truth hurts sometimes.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

'Two hops' ;)

Explain

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong. I'm kinda embarrassed for you that you don't see the big picture. Think about it... What is the most important thing a president does in 4 or 8 years in office, and why does it matter so much who becomes president? Policy and priority is important but not tops in importance. Answer... It’s the president’s picks for Federal Courts and the Supreme Court. Those are the men and women who really do shape the country for decades. That is why it is so important to get the guy who would do the best job in court picks into office... and everything else pretty much becomes secondary.

An Interesting viewpoint.

I assume by “doing the best job” you mean stacking the court with republicans yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I do. And even past events. The Guccifer 2.0 persona was identified without any information from Crowdstrike. Crowdstrike said that they couldn't prove that it was Russians. That just means that they couldn't prove it.

If all they had to go on was crowdstrike, then you might have had a point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Brian? wrote: »
    Explain

I think it's what was allowed in incidental collection.

I think it's what was allowed in incidental collection.

I think so too. But the winkity face thing makes no sense.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I do. And even past events. The Guccifer 2.0 persona was identified without any information from Crowdstrike. Crowdstrike said that they couldn't prove that it was Russians. That just means that they couldn't prove it.

If all they had to go on was crowdstrike, then you might have had a point.
    CrowdStrike was pretty much all they had to go on.

If you can't prove it then you can't say it was them. Not such a hard concept to comprehend.

So by your thinking it could have been aliens because they couldn't prove it wasn't aliens?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

MadYaker wrote: »
    An Interesting viewpoint.

I assume by “doing the best job” you mean stacking the court with republicans yes?
    So uninformed and wrong, as usual. No, picking those judges who view our Constitution from an Originalism point of view rather than as a Living Document.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

So uninformed and wrong, as usual. No, picking those judges who view our Constitution from an Originalism point of view rather than as a Living Document.

Which would be republican judges only yes?

• Advertisement

Which would be republican judges only yes?
    Incorrect again. Take a couple of George HW Bush’s picks. He picked David Souter for the Supreme Court. Souter was a bad pick because he turned out to think the US Constitution was a Living Document. He also picked Sonia Sotomayor to the US District Court for the Southern District of New York, who was later picked by Barack Obama for the Supreme Court. A terrible pick because she also believes the Constitution is a Living Document and often wants to create law instead of interpreting it. Doesn't matter to me if a judge is republican or democrat. What matters is how they view the US Constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8322127/Bumbling-Biden-claims-85-000-jobs-lost-millions-Americans-died.html
    His fumbling has gone from funny to abuse of the elderly, shameful stuff from the Dems pushing this man to run for election, its even worse if he is the best the Dems can find.
    If he was to win, who will be pulling the strings? At least with trump you know who is in charge.
    I just waiting for a interview any day now with Biden when he will declare "I'm the man to beat Reagan and put a democratic president back in the Whitehouse".
    He is away with the fairies, its abuse at this stage and only going to get worse.

da_miser wrote: »
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8322127/Bumbling-Biden-claims-85-000-jobs-lost-millions-Americans-died.html
    His fumbling has gone from funny to abuse of the elderly, shameful stuff from the Dems pushing this man to run for election, its even worse if he is the best the Dems can find.
    If he was to win, who will be pulling the strings? At least with trump you know who is in charge.
    I just waiting for a interview any day now with Biden when he will declare "I'm the man to beat Reagan and put a democratic president back in the Whitehouse".
    He is away with the fairies, its abuse at this stage and only going to get worse.

You must think trumps press conferences are absolute disgrace so?

Biden is a soldier not a leader. Pelosi and Schumer will be pulling the strings.

Incorrect again. Take a couple of George HW Bush’s picks. He picked David Souter for the Supreme Court. Souter was a bad pick because he turned out to think the US Constitution was a Living Document. He also picked Sonia Sotomayor to the US District Court for the Southern District of New York, who was later picked by Barack Obama for the Supreme Court. A terrible pick because she also believes the Constitution is a Living Document and often wants to create law instead of interpreting it. Doesn't matter to me if a judge is republican or democrat. What matters is how they view the US Constitution.

It surely needs updating from time to time as the world changes and evolves a nations laws and governing principles must reflect that change. Every democracy on the planet updates their contitution fairly regularly.

Biden is a soldier not a leader. Pelosi and Schumer will be pulling the strings.

So why dont one of them run for president?
    Would the dirt that comes out be even worse than what coming out about Biden?

So why dont one of them run for president?
    Would the dirt that comes out be even worse than what coming out about Biden?
    I'm sure Schumer would want to become president. But they're both too toxic and neither of them would get enough votes for POTUS.

Does this guy really sound senile? He's old but he speaks fairly well I think. Certainly way more coherent than Trump. He's not perfect but he can do what is expected of a leader at times like this, Trump can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

:D Bahahahahhahahahhahaa

Look at his handling of his recent "press conferences".

We have been over this a million times on this thread. There is nothing amiss with Biden and his mental health. He had/has a stutter which he has worked to get over, I admire him for that.

I am dying to see some debates between Biden and Trump....Trump who thinks intoning wronnnnngg is a valid form of debate :rolleyes::pac::p The moderators will be ready for that kind of rubbish from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Would make a welcome change from Putin!

• Advertisement

It surely needs updating from time to time as the world changes and evolves a nations laws and governing principles must reflect that change. Every democracy on the planet updates their contitution fairly regularly.
    I am thinking you misunderstand the terms, maybe not
    Living Constitutionalists tend to advocate a broad application in accordance with current views, while Originalists tend to seek an application consistent with views at the time of ratification.

The US Constitution is very short, but it enough to provide us with the views and thinking on issues of our Founding Fathers (the greatest group of men who ever lived at one time, and even those who wrote the amendments later) that can be applied to even modern day issues and problems.

A "Living Document" means nothing. If that is what you believe then why not just scrap the whole thing and wing it as you go along?

Does this guy really sound senile? He's old but he speaks fairly well I think. Certainly way more coherent than Trump. He's not perfect but he can do what is expected of a leader at times like this, Trump can't.
    https://twitter.com/DisrnNews/status/1261072439863377920?s=20
    He is away with the fairies, and only going to get worse.
    How do you think he would do in the debates agains Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

You might have missed my post above:

We have been over this a million times on this thread. There is nothing amiss with Biden and his mental health. He had/has a stutter which he has worked to get over, I admire him for that.

I am dying to see some debates between Biden and Trump....Trump who thinks intoning wronnnnngg is a valid form of debate rolleyes.pngpacman.giftongue.png The moderators will be ready for that kind of rubbish from him.

https://twitter.com/DisrnNews/status/1261072439863377920?s=20
    He is away with the fairies, and only going to get worse.
    How do you think he would do in the debates agains Trump?

I think he'd do pretty well to be honest. Did you even watch the video I posted? It's a long discussion and Biden is clear and concise as far. Trump can't even hold a press conference.

Edited short videos on twitter are meaningless.

Very simple if you truly believe sleepy joe will beat Trump in the election , as soon as the Bookies open put €100 on a Biden win and post proof here, i will post proof of my Trump bet, put your money where your mouth is, no more delusional posting, circling the wagons in a echo chamber of denial, lets show if we believe what we are posting or are full of it.
    Then we can have a real debate on the up coming election.

Edited short videos on twitter are meaningless.

Hahahahah
    I that not what the media does to attack Trump and posters round here lap it up. double standards much?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Very simple if you truly believe sleepy joe will beat Trump in the election , as soon as the Bookies open put €100 on a Biden win and post proof here, i will post proof of my Trump bet, put your money where your mouth is, no more delusional posting, circling the wagons in a echo chamber of denial, lets show if we believe what we are posting or are full of it.
    Then we can have a real debate on the up coming election.

https://www.paddypower.com/politics/2020-us-presidential-election

You can bet now.

Throw up the screen shot when you have it done.

:)

Boggles wrote: »

You can bet now.

Have to go to shop to put money on my account and the bookies are all closed, so what is yours and others excuse?
    As soon as they open i will put €100 on a Trump win , i know none of the Biden supporters here will put their money on the line, and that a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Boggles wrote: »

You can bet now.

If the American electorate was like that of normal/typical western democracy, Trump would not have a chance.
    The fact he does have a chance shows how broken America is.
    His most trusted advisers are his daughter and son in law. Both of whom have no qualifications or experience. Sounds more like north Korea than a western democracy.

• Advertisement

just noticed Trumps odds are shortening, 10/11 versus Biden 6/5.
    So your telling me during a Covid disaster and economy tanking, the odds are shortening for Trump, what the hell does than say for Biden?
    Trump will sweep the board, it will be like a Regan victory in the 80's, total victory.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement