Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

da_miser wrote: »
    Maybe i will!
    Wont change the fact that not a single Biden supporter that posts here will bet real money that Biden will win in November.
    Orange man bad is not a argument for Biden to win, we can see the man deteriorating before our eyes, Trump will eat him alive in the debates, it will be a disaster for Biden IF he even makes it that far.

Hey,

You are the one claiming Trump is a "sure thing"

Now if I knew something was a "sure thing" and there was no chance I would lose them I would be selling everything I own and lashing the money on. So can I expect to see you posting screen shots of your bets in the multiples of thousands for Trump (the "sure thing") to win in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Hey,

You are the one claiming Trump is a "sure thing"

Now if I knew something was a "sure thing" and there was no chance I would lose them I would be selling everything I own and lashing the money on. So can I expect to see you posting screen shots of your bets in the multiples of thousands for Trump (the "sure thing") to win in November?

I wont hold my breath waiting to see you or any Orange man bad poster put your money where your mouth is, you know Biden is going to loose.
    Post your €100 bets on Biden and i will post a new €100 bet on Trump for every poster that posts a betting slip for €100 on Biden to win.
    Thats a sure thing bet being backed up my me, you will see my first €100 Trump bet as soon as bookies open, i know i wont see a single matching Biden bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Found my betting slip from 4 years ago, just wish the odds where the same now.
    https://imgur.com/a/e4z7trT

Ha! Fair play if that really is yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I wont hold my breath waiting to see you or any Orange man bad poster put your money where your mouth is, you know Biden is going to loose.
    Post your €100 bets on Biden and i will post a new €100 bet on Trump for every poster that posts a betting slip for €100 on Biden to win.
    Thats a sure thing bet being backed up my me, you will see my first €100 Trump bet as soon as bookies open, i know i wont see a single matching Biden bet!

Again, you are the one claiming Trump is a "sure thing" whereas no one else is claiming Biden is. I'll play along though, I'll take a punt on Biden and place a £500 bet on him to win when you place and show proof of a €10,000 bet on your "sure thing" Trump.

There should be no issue with you placing this bet as you have already claimed Trump is a "sure thing" and therefore it's a wise investment and an easy win for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭SharpshooterTom

Biden should win this election.

If he doesn't with nearly 90,000 dead and 15% unemployment then the Democrats should fold as a political party quite frankly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

The Nal wrote: »
    But the support for Trump is just... cringe. Especially in Ireland. Trump, a TV personality who ran on a self serving ego trip, who couldn't give a toss about anyone but himself never mind a few Irish people on Boards.ie, yet some people on here absolutely worship the guy.

From the one way admiration, from using Trump to take a "we vs you" approach, from parroting stuff he makes up on the fly in bed on Twitter and stating it as fact, to arguing for Trump all over the internet and so on. A TV star!

I get that its a need for affiliation thing and you need something to cling on to so you can feel a part of something but still...

Its really really embarrassing. Mortified for you.

You're so sure in your convictions that you're embarassed for other people.?

I'm sure there are some people that just like the conflict and the nit-picking back and forth, but they appear on both sides.

In fact if you look closely, most of these 'worshippers' are people just asking that others treat him fairly just like they would treat everyone else.

I was like you once, an avid Jon Stewart fan I was one of Trump's biggest haters. He is a self-aggrandizing, narcissistic, bully; and I have no time for the way he carries himself.

But since his election what I've noticed is just how corrupt politics and the media are. They have swapped their dignity for ratings. They have rolled around in the mud with Trump, they are now no better than him. They have no moral superiority anymore.
    It was not Trump that created the me vs you narrative but Trump certainly embraced it and further stoked it. It had already become a thing, Hilary Clinton had called half of America "basket of deplorables", the media were already calling everyone they didn't like a troll, a racist, a misogynist, a sexist, a homophobe.. etc... etc...In an effort to shutdown any conversation they didn't want to have.

He has become the front-line in the culture-wars, on the side of those who believe they should be free to say what they think.
    On the otherside of the battle is cancel culture, pc politics, self-censorship, de-platofrming and diversity at all costs.

So while I don't feel embarassed for his 'worshippers', I do feel embarassed for anyone experiencing the dunning-kruger effect. Mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

2u2me wrote: »
    But since his election what I've noticed is just how corrupt politics and the media are. They have swapped their dignity for ratings. They have rolled around in the mud with Trump, they are now no better than him. They have no moral superiority anymore.
    It was not Trump that created the me vs you narrative but Trump certainly embraced it and further stoked it. It had already become a thing, Hilary Clinton had called half of America "basket of deplorables", the media were already calling everyone they didn't like a troll, a racist, a misogynist, a sexist, a homophobe.. etc... etc...In an effort to shutdown any conversation they didn't want to have.

He has become the front-line in the culture-wars, on the side of those who believe they should be free to say what they think.
    On the otherside of the battle is cancel culture, pc politics, self-censorship, de-platofrming and diversity at all costs.

So while I don't feel embarassed for his 'worshippers', I do feel embarassed for anyone experiencing the dunner-kruger effect. Mortified.

If Trump is the best you guys could come up with, I wish you luck.

Well when you see what's on the other side...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

2u2me wrote: »
    Well when you see what's on the other side...

What? The ideas that came out of the enlightenment? I know that change can be scary for some but it won't stop.

What? The ideas that came out of the enlightenment? I know that change can be scary for some but it won't stop.

Reason and logic are tools of the oppressive patriarchy; don't you know?
    There is no absolute truth, there is no search for truth. It is about attacking your idealogical opponent.
    Saying "I'm sorry" is not a victory for the truth anymore, but an admission of guilt.

You sure you got the right side there buddy?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I've a grand on Joe Biden to win the popular vote and 500 on Biden to win the election. Which will you match?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He is far from the best, but he just has to be better than the alternative.

Same delivered Johnson No.10.

Trump's line on migration, asylum,border controls, being patriotic, all should have been democratic positions, they should have been Labour positions.

They once were, to a larger degree and certainly among Working class voters and members, both of whom are increasingly in the cold as far as the Democrats and Labour are concerned.

He just has to be better than the alternative.

If the Democrats have any chance, Biden needs to be replaced at the convention.

My prediction is that trump won't be alive to see the election and Biden will be replaced by a Hilary and Michelle partnership.

Not what I want to happen, just a hunch.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,675 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Found my betting slip from 4 years ago, just wish the odds where the same now.
    https://imgur.com/a/e4z7trT

If you wish to discuss your gambling habits please head over to the gambling forum. This is not a site for throwing out gambling challenges to other users

Any questions, PM me - do not discuss this warning in-thread

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Brian? wrote: »
    I've a grand on Joe Biden to win the popular vote and 500 on Biden to win the election. Which will you match?

He is 2/9. Why would you put a grand on it?
    Do you get your money back as a void bet if he doesn't run. If he can't

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Blueshoe wrote: »
    He is 2/9. Why would you put a grand on it?
    Do you get your money back as a void bet if he doesn't run. If he can't

I'd love to answer, but see the last warning from Beasty.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Like Trump i have love for all the losers, they cant help they where born that way, i believe that €100 would be the max that they could afford to loose from their meagre resources.
    Feel free your good self to bet more on Biden and post the betting slip i will match it!
    I wont hold my breath to see a SINGLE bet posted here for Biden to win, everyone knows the Biden supporters know he is going to loose, they are just trying to console each other before the inevitable defeat in November.

Spoken like a true Trump supporter...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

amdublin wrote: »

Ha ha haaa The Guardian....

"The president’s outlandish behavior as Americans suffer has inspired horror and confusion while alienating allies..."

Hyperbole with a cape!!!!

An interesting take on the Tara Read story....it is not as credible as I originally thought...it does ask another interesting question....why now?

https://quillette.com/2020/05/14/tara-reades-dubious-claims-and-shifting-stories-show-the-limits-of-believewomen/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ha ha haaa The Guardian....

"The president’s outlandish behavior as Americans suffer has inspired horror and confusion while alienating allies..."

Hyperbole with a cape!!!!

We're back to defending the indefensible again?

Like I'm sorry. He said it about the disinfectant. I heard it. You heard it. He said it. We all heard it. It is what it is.
    He said leaders in the world think what he is doing is great, the article shows this is not the case.

I'm sorry your guy is an idiot, but it simply is what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

amdublin wrote: »
    We're back to defending the indefensible again?

Like I'm sorry. He said it about the disinfectant. I heard it. You heard it. He said it. We all heard it. It is what it is.
    He said leaders in the world think what he is doing is great, the article shows this is not the case.

I'm sorry your guy is an idiot, but it simply is what it is.

For a start he is not my guy....the guy is far from perfect....his policies are a threat to Irish economic development.

I heard what he said, my interpretation is different to yours...no big deal.

I stopped reading the Guardian a few years ago...I find not getting a feed of angry emotive content every day much more beneficial.

I'm not surprised World Leaders have an issue with him...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Danzy wrote: »
    He is far from the best, but he just has to be better than the alternative.

Same delivered Johnson No.10.

Trump's line on migration, asylum,border controls, being patriotic, all should have been democratic positions, they should have been Labour positions.

They once were, to a larger degree and certainly among Working class voters and members, both of whom are increasingly in the cold as far as the Democrats and Labour are concerned.

He just has to be better than the alternative.

If the Democrats have any chance, Biden needs to be replaced at the convention.

When in last 80 years was it the Democratic position:
    * to ban muslims from entering the US
    * To refer to Mexicans entering the US as dogs or criminals
    * that an insanely expensive wall be built across 3000 miles of border
    * To go against the UN charter on human rights regarding asylum seekers

Define patriotic and why do you think Trump and the Republicans are more patriotic than Obama, Clinton, Biden and the Democrats?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Joe is gonna be pulled/pull out after he gets the nomination because of sexual assault allegations?

I thought it was solely on him being old and senile..

Brian? wrote: »
    I'd love to answer, but see the last warning from Beasty.

Hit me up with a PM then

The memes will be on another level as we approach the election, Biden will no doubt be providing plenty of fresh ammunition, thats if his handlers allow him to be seen in public
    https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1259651030465351681

The memes will be on another level as we approach the election, Biden will no doubt be providing plenty of fresh ammunition, thats if his handlers allow him to be seen in public
    https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1259651030465351681

But he has 3 degrees and finished in the top half of his class. That was until it was shown that he was lying. Made it all up. Good ol' sleepy Joe. Dithering along in a haze of confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Blueshoe wrote: »
    But he has 3 degrees and finished in the top half of his class. That was until it was shown that he was lying. Made it all up. Good ol' sleepy Joe. Dithering along in a haze of confusion.

Why are you so determined to push this fantasy? It makes you look like an idiot.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote: »
    Why are you so determined to push this fantasy? It makes you look like an idiot.

What fantasy? About the degrees or the lies? Or both

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement