Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC4320 planning question

Options
  • 31-01-2020 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm planning a SPC4320 self install , but have a few questions left..
    House is mostly pre-wired for alarm, but for some problem areas need wireless sensors.
    Back of the house is mostly glass with big sliding door (2 fixed panels, 1 moving panel). Left and right of that are windows with 2 fixed and one opening panel.
    And then there is one big fixed window in perpendicular wall.
    Sparky wired all that with single 6 core wire with 1 drop at each window/ door.

Ideally I would have wanted to have slider in separate zone to the windows left/ right (both in one zone).  
    The fixed panes of the flider are big, not ppl would brick that .. other smaller windows far easier to get in. 

Could I wire those a two zones with 6 core?

Otherwise I'd wire the two windows with inertia and opening sensors. And put wireless magnetic contact for slider to detect opening.
    And have wireless glass break sensor to cover the fixed panes.

As I have not wired skylight and velux windows, I need wireless anyway.

Vanderbilt has couple of different wireless modules. I take it they are equal in functionality and just differ how/ where they can be installed (panel, keypad, external, etc)?

And lastly , Vanderbilt has 2G/3g GSM module as well as a 4G GSM module.
    Not sure of cost differences.. but for sending alerts 4G wouldn't exactly required.. or am i missing something.
    Mobile receiption in the middle of the house is woeful , so getting 3g is probably best I can get anyway - unless i can mount antenna elsewhere with long cable.

Wired sensors (HKC or UTC) seem to be much of a muchness and depends on installers preference (when asking for recommendations).

Thanks
    /WD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Captain Vanderbolt

Hi
    House is mostly pre-wired for alarm, but for some problem areas need wireless sensors.
    Back of the house is mostly glass with big sliding door (2 fixed panels, 1 moving panel). Left and right of that are windows with 2 fixed and one opening panel.

Ideally I would have wanted to have slider in separate zone to the windows left/ right (both in one zone).  
    The fixed panes of the flider are big, not ppl would brick that .. other smaller windows far easier to get in. 

Otherwise I'd wire the two windows with inertia and opening sensors. And put wireless magnetic contact for slider to detect opening.

Vanderbilt has couple of different wireless modules. I take it they are equal in functionality and just differ how/ where they can be installed (panel, keypad, external, etc)?

Not sure of cost differences.. but for sending alerts 4G wouldn't exactly required.. or am i missing something.
    Mobile receiption in the middle of the house is woeful , so getting 3g is probably best I can get anyway - unless i can mount antenna elsewhere with long cable.

Wired sensors (HKC or UTC) seem to be much of a muchness and depends on installers preference (when asking for recommendations).

Thanks
    /WD

In relation to zoning on the Vanderbilt panel you can bring back a total of 5 duel end of line (fully tampered) zones on a 6 core cable.

Since Europlex sold up to Siemens and Siemens to Vanderbilt they focus on the European market. This is why you can’t get inertia sensors directly. Some visonic rf sensors work after the rf receiver has been registered with Vanderbilt (they won’t stand over them for reliability).

If your installing a 4320 why are you installing a gsm module? Why not put the panel in your broadband and run notifications via SPC connect. The app and portal access are both free.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

In relation to zoning on the Vanderbilt panel you can bring back a total of 5 duel end of line (fully tampered) zones on a 6 core cable.

Since Europlex sold up to Siemens and Siemens to Vanderbilt they focus on the European market. This is why you can’t get inertia sensors directly. Some visonic rf sensors work after the rf receiver has been registered with Vanderbilt (they won’t stand over them for reliability).

If your installing a 4320 why are you installing a gsm module? Why not put the panel in your broadband and run notifications via SPC connect. The app and portal access are both free.

M

Maybe he does not want to worry himself when he gets a comms issue from his system in the event of a power cut.

Best to pay a few quid a month to secure your home.

Hi

Thanks
    /WD

M

kub wrote: »
    Maybe he does not want to worry himself when he gets a comms issue from his system in the event of a power cut.

Best to pay a few quid a month to secure your home.

Unless in rural Ireland power failures are few and far between. I’ve a 4320 using both the portal and IP monitoring. It’s yet to fail. It’s certified at grade 2 and the NSAI had no issues with the router not having a back up supply.
    I just think it’s a waste to not use a 4320 to it’s full potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

M
    thanks a lot..
    common com and rest 5 zones.. hmm never thought of it that way.. doh..

GSM module was for backup otifications if broadband fails. (provider failiure or cable cut ouside)
    suppose that could be last thing to do (if ever)..

• Advertisement
Advertisement