Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What TDs will lose their seat?

Options

Comments

Timmy Dooley (FF) hanging on for dear life in Clare, had it all his own way for far too long. Encouraging that's he having to sweat this one out, might even invest him with a little humility.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Timmy Dooley (FF) hanging on for dear life in Clare, had it all his own way for far too long. Encouraging that's he having to sweat this one out, might even invest him with a little humility.

It looks like he will miss out.

6k fg votes eliminated in the last surplus.More likely to break against him than for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

That was a shock, I would say she was the third most visible member of FF. Alan Dillon takes a seat who seemed to build his campaign around being a former mayo player

Typical Irish electorate, oh we had great days in Croke Park lets vote for him and as for the Kerry people who vote for the Healy Raes, Ireland should not have to suffer these backwater goons. I propose Kexit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

kilns wrote: »
    Typical Irish electorate, oh we had great days in Croke Park lets vote for him and as for the Kerry people who vote for the Healy Raes, Ireland should have to suffer these backwater goons. I propose Kexit

As much as the rest of the country hates the Healy Rae's take a trip down to Kerry. They do a lot for the area which will keep people voting for them till the end of time.

At times I think the rest of us are just jealous cause the people of Kerry have politicians that'll do stuff for them and their area while the rest of us get shafted by the crowd we elect.

The Healy Rae's are always out and about on the ground in Kerry. The rest of us see our guys & girls every 5 years when they want a vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

FG TD Darcy lost his seat in Wexford. Given his dire record on solving the insurance crisis-he is no loss at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭letowski

Crazy scenes in Clare. Nobody elected heading into the final count. Just 348 votes between candidates 2nd to 5th for the final last 3 seats. A Green candidate's vote of 7300 to be transferred now, could go anywhere!

I think Dooley could hold on, given that the green party candidate has some FF roots. Dooley needs about 250 votes more than the FG candidate.

But very close. You got to love PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Paschal Donohoe looking hit and miss at the moment. I don't see where the transfers are coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Nosnon wrote: »
    As much as the rest of the country hates the Healy Rae's take a trip down to Kerry. They do a lot for the area which will keep people voting for them till the end of time.

At times I think the rest of us are just jealous cause the people of Kerry have politicians that'll do stuff for them and their area while the rest of us get shafted by the crowd we elect.

The Healy Rae's are always out and about on the ground in Kerry. The rest of us see our guys & girls every 5 years when they want a vote.

Thats the whole point they are not national politicians. They only care about a small part of the country. Theyd rather fix a pot hole on a back road in Kerry than solve the housing crisis in nationally if it doesnt affect "their people". As for Dannys idiotic climate comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Kate O Connell part of the fall out from the maira bailey episode i think

sydthebeat wrote: »

She's wasn't involved. Different constituency and the td involved was Madigan

• Advertisement

Paschal Donohoe looking hit and miss at the moment. I don't see where the transfers are coming from?

Where will fitzpatricks transfers go?

Only 4000 (ff) votes being transferred and the ex sinn fein Councillor is 600 behind.

sydthebeat wrote: »

They were besties at one point, Kate meticulously wiped Bailey from her social media profile when the wind of ill omen started blowing. No sympathy for her departure.

Where will fitzpatricks transfers go?

Only 4000 (ff) votes being transferred and the ex sinn fein Councillor is 600 behind.

SD, IND. I want him in, but it's tight

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There's only one left in Fitzpatrick and he may not need too many anyway. Burke needs a good few transfers from her(600 more than Paschal gets from her) or it's Gr, FG and SD. I think he'll be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Can't see FF transferring to an ex-SF member in any kind of numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Very funny if Paschal is unelected, considering he was claiming yesterday FG will still be the largest party.

If the greens take a thousand, and the sd take a thousand the ex sinn fein would need to beat pachal 1300 to 700.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

kilns wrote: »
    Thats the whole point they are not national politicians. They only care about a small part of the country. Theyd rather fix a pot hole on a back road in Kerry than solve the housing crisis in nationally if it doesnt affect "their people". As for Dannys idiotic climate comments

I 100% agree with you. I'm not defending them. I'm Kildare south. I'm just saying the reason they get elected is cause they fill the pothole. Until we change our system that is going to get people like them elected.

Look at Lowry in Tipp. Has had his hand in the till for over 20 years but he fixed the road so they keep voting for him.

Nosnon wrote: »
    I 100% agree with you. I'm not defending them. I'm Kildare south. I'm just saying the reason they get elected is cause they fill the pothole. Until we change our system that is going to get people like them elected.

Look at Lowry in Tipp. Has had his hand in the till for over 20 years but he fixed the road so they keep voting for him.

Tip O'Neill coined it best decades ago: "All politics is local". The Healy-Raes have refined this maxim to a high art.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

John Curran (FF) was 1/50 to retain his seat in Dublin Midwest on Friday. He was favourite to top the poll

Now he’s gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Very funny if Paschal is unelected, considering he was claiming yesterday FG will still be the largest party.

I thought I read yesterday that Paschal Donohoe was home and hosed?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,045 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Useless envelope-opening photo bomber O’Rourke gone for FF in Kildare North

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

McMurphy wrote: »
    I thought I read yesterday that Paschal Donohoe was home and hosed?

Personally I think he is safe enough. FF transfers are currently being distributed and its a fight between Burke and Gannon for the last seat unless one of them massively leapfrogs ahead of Paschal :confused:

Catherine Noone latest casualty to lose a seat

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

She never had a seat I thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    She never had a seat I thought?

My apologies, I just checked, she's a Senator! I only recall her from her work chairing the 8th Committee.

TBF I thought she was good in that role

The autism comments were unforgiveable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Malcolm Byrne, after only 8 days in Leinster house.... tough game.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mick Barry is still in with a shout of a retaining his seat in cork north central when it wasn't looking great in the run in. He still might lose his seat because tony Fitzgeralds of FFs votes are being distributed and ken O 'Flynn who ran as an independent but is FF really you'd assume would get a good chunk of transfers from a FF candidate and he's less than a thousand votes behind mick Barry. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,037 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Malcolm Byrne, after only 8 days in Leinster house.... tough game.

That's a record surely ?

• Advertisement

I'm disappointed Amadain O'Riordain looks set to get his seat back

Advertisement